Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Pre match. Liverpool v Norwich FA cup 4th round. 28/1/24

Read 908 times
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 835 posts | 299 
      Pre match. Liverpool v Norwich FA cup 4th round. 28/1/24
      Jan 27, 2024 09:27:25 am
      We've obviously spent a day thinking about other things but tomorrow afternoon (for a few hours) Jürgen, the players and fans need to focus on the core business of LFC, winning football matches and trophies.

A couple of days ago this was a relatively low priority match, my head said we should rest a few players and a 2-0 comfortable win would be good.

I like Norwich, a proper club who know what they are, a decent team, not good enough to stay in the premier league, always big enough to have a good chance of promotion from the championship. They don't sack managers every few months and never get into financial trouble gambling to stay in the prem.
      I like Delia. She seems like a normal person who got rich and has invested her money in her passion for her local football team. Something we all have probably dreamed about.

But this is the first game since Jürgen told us he was leaving so heart says we need to win big with a strong starting 11.
      8-0 please lads. 1 for every year Jürgen has been manager.
      « Last Edit: Jan 27, 2024 10:44:14 am by RedPuppy »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1782 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Pre match. Liverpool v Norwich FA cup 4th round. 28/1/24
      Reply #1: Jan 27, 2024 10:23:21 am
      The lads will be even more up this game now. Well jel of the folk attending the match. Will be some atmoss.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #2: Jan 27, 2024 10:42:59 am
      Think he might start Bobby Clark, wouldn't rule it out.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,299 posts | 765 
      Reply #3: Jan 27, 2024 11:21:32 am
      I remember a certain Mr Suarez scoring goals for fun against Norwich, if I can remember correctly. I would love to see the Reds win in style by winning 5  0 in front of the Kop.
      Harrisimo

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #4: Jan 27, 2024 12:06:36 pm
      The lads will be even more up this game now. Well jel of the folk attending the match. Will be some atmoss.

Yeah but I think we should park the Klopp thing for now and deal with the rest of the season. It'll be an emotional rollacoster for sure. We have games coming thick and fast, more than enough on our plate.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5: Jan 27, 2024 10:56:32 pm
      Can't stop thinking of what the crowd is gonna be like tonight.

It's either gonna go off it's nut or peeps just sitting there still as stunned and heartbroken as I am.

Too early to come to grips with it for me, still hoping he changes his mind after we win the Lot at the end of the Season.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,299 posts | 765 
      Reply #6: Jan 28, 2024 10:36:31 am
      I am still looking forward to this afternoon's game, despite the shock news of Jürgen's departure. Winning will keep us on the road to a remarkable possible quadruple.

I have gone for a 5  0 scoreline in the prediction league, hope everyone has got their shooting boots on !
      rossyred

• 9,294 posts | 1665 
      Reply #7: Jan 28, 2024 12:19:05 pm
      Would imagine Grav and Jones midfield with probably McConell. Darwin will start with being subbed early .
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #8: Jan 28, 2024 01:18:52 pm
      Would be nice to see Thiago make an appearance today , I hope young Bradley gets a run out again and Clark ,seems a bit of an empty match at the moment with Jürgen leaving , hope there is a decent atmosphere ,2-0 would suit me

Quick Reply