Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

VAR.....

Read 3067 times
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 815 posts | 134 
      VAR.....
      Jan 27, 2024 03:50:13 pm
      Has anyone ever heard of the Disciplinary Council for Professional Football?
      Never heard of them until I read this!
      And if we're not in this particular Gang why not?

Belgium side Genk have won their appeal against a VAR error and their league match with Anderlecht will now be replayed.
      Anderlecht won the game 2-1 in December. But Genk's Yira Sor saw his first-half goal ruled out after following up on Bryan Heynan's missed penalty.
      Sor was penalised for encroachment, but two Anderlecht players were equally as guilty. This means the penalty should have been retaken rather than the goal simply ruled out.
      Genk took their case to the Disciplinary Council for Professional Football, who ruled the match must be replayed.🇧🇪

Just think how many extra points we might have had!
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 419 
      Re: VAR.....
      Reply #1: Jan 27, 2024 06:47:22 pm
      Just read this on the BBC sport website. Seems like the error was minor compared to the absolute F***ing mess they made of  the Spurs game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68116985
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #2: Jan 28, 2024 08:33:51 am
      Is there a reason why we didn't go down this road? Maybe we did I don't know but if there was ever a clearer case for it it would be us against Spurs.

Just curious as to why this seems to be the first game being replayed over a F**k up with VAR even though I'm sure there are dozens of cases who could do the same.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,703 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3: Jan 28, 2024 08:41:28 am
      Totally agree and we had a super case against it.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 419 
      Reply #4: Jan 28, 2024 08:47:18 am
      Is there a reason why we didn't go down this road? Maybe we did I don't know but if there was ever a clearer case for it it would be us against Spurs.

Just curious as to why this seems to be the first game being replayed over a F**k up with VAR even though I'm sure there are dozens of cases who could do the same.

Don't think you can replay games for referee errors like giving a dodgy pen when there was minimal contact. It has to be a proper F**k up with failure to apply the rules properly rather than subjective.

Our Spurs game was a prime example of the referees failing to apply rules properly.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #5: Jan 28, 2024 09:00:18 am
      Don't think you can replay games for referee errors like giving a dodgy pen when there was minimal contact. It has to be a proper F**k up with failure to apply the rules properly rather than subjective.

Our Spurs game was a prime example of the referees failing to apply rules properly.

Yeah I get that mate, wouldn't expect every decision to be appealed but there are countless major F**k ups which could be appealed so I just find it strange that this is the only one we've heard tell of.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 127 
      Reply #6: Jan 28, 2024 09:45:28 am
      Under no circumstances should the Spurs game be replayed. None....
      We should just be awarded the 3 points instead.........
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #7: Jan 28, 2024 01:12:43 pm
      None of the above….certainly not now anyways, it would look like desperation and not aesthetically appealing, the Spurs debacle has gone, assigned to the record books, however, if a incident as equally appalling happens again I wouldn’t be against looking into it at least whilst still fresh and seeing where it could lead !!

YNWA
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #8: Feb 02, 2024 08:48:35 pm
      I think all var officials should be tied to chairs and made to watch the rugby 6 nations to see how var should be used 😳
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,027 posts | 529 
      Reply #9: Feb 02, 2024 10:15:14 pm
      Huh. Sounds like a relatively minor error compared with the clusterfuck in the Spurs game. I'm guessing that disciplinary council is a Belgian affair. Could be a lot of replays in Belgium on this basis!

If that council is supranational, and we lose the league by a point, call the fuckers!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #10: Feb 03, 2024 09:24:16 am
      I think all var officials should be tied to chairs and made to watch the rugby 6 nations to see how var should be used 😳

I think every PGMOL official should be tied to chairs so that every EPL manager can take turns chucking hand grenades at them !!!

YNWA
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 127 
      Reply #11: Feb 09, 2024 05:43:18 am
      The Premier league have confirmed that Liverpool have suffered the most negative VAR decisions this season (-4) whilst Man City our nearest rivals, have had (+1) positive VAR decision, a swing of 5 VAR decisions in Man City’s favour.

Also, the Premier League since 2017 have scheduled Liverpool to play the most 12.30pm kick offs after International breaks, (14) Spurs come next @ 5, then Chelsea and Man City next @ 4, then Arsenal next @ 2 games.

If we then look @ just two of the most experienced Refs, Paul Tierney and Anthony Taylor and we can see more issues to consider.

Firstly, the brilliant “ Tomkins Times “ article has clearly demonstrated Paul Tierney’s clear bias against Liverpool when compared to our nearest rivals.

As for Anthony Taylor he has refereed in 40 of the 81 games that Jürgen Klopp has lost in the Premier League, which goes some way to explain Sundays game against Arsenal in which every decision appeared to fall in Arsenals favour, especially the key decision to send off Konate with a second yellow and yet not send off Gabriel who committed exactly the same foul against Nunez, despite also being on a yellow card tightrope himself.

Is it any wonder that Jürgen is running out of energy, when he is having to compete against both the Premier League, biased Referees and his nearest rival Man City, who can seemingly just do what they want financially with absolute no consequences, despite all of the promises on FFP……
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 840 posts | 164 
      Reply #12: Feb 09, 2024 10:44:32 am
      VAR should be stripped down so it only has it's say in offside offences.

As it stands it has far too much control on the game, it checks literally EVERY goal......miniscule details such as if there was a little push in the build up 30 seconds before the ball ends up in the net, it's wrong. The referee needs to make that call at the time well well before a team is allowed to put the ball in the net.

tytusgroan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | 52 
      Reply #13: Feb 09, 2024 12:36:29 pm
      VAR should just be fckn binned until they come with something that doesn't ruin the game of footy. I won't hold my breath.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #14: Feb 09, 2024 01:23:20 pm
      When we aren’t awarded any decisions - unintentional so not given.

When we are penalized for infringements - intentional and so foul given.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,762 posts | 6723 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #15: Feb 10, 2024 12:23:31 am
      When we aren’t awarded any decisions - unintentional so not given.

When we are penalized for infringements - intentional and so foul given.

and they don't try to hide it...fkn blatantly obvious we're getting screwed at every point possible.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #16: Feb 11, 2024 08:04:53 am
      and they don't try to hide it...fkn blatantly obvious we're getting screwed at every point possible.

So you want an apology? Here you go. But we’ve already said it’s not given to you because it’s unintentional. We’d explain, apologise and do everything in our professional capacity, except to contribute positively to your points! That privilege is reserved for your rivals.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #17: Feb 13, 2024 08:40:27 am
      Quote from The-AllMightyReds
      VAR should be stripped down so it only has it's say in offside offences.

As it stands it has far too much control on the game, it checks literally EVERY goal......miniscule details such as if there was a little push in the build up 30 seconds before the ball ends up in the net, it's wrong. The referee needs to make that call at the time well well before a team is allowed to put the ball in the net.

It has to check literally every goal. Otherwise it's pointless. Every goal given must be valid.

There were complaints about the long check for our second goal last weekend. That decision may affect the fate of at least 6 different clubs in the league at the top and bottom of the table, so it is right that if there's any doubt at all, that it should be checked with a fine comb. And if it takes two minutes, then I'm happy to wait two minutes to confirm that the goal is the correct decision.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 840 posts | 164 
      Reply #18: Feb 13, 2024 10:45:32 am
      It has to check literally every goal. Otherwise it's pointless. Every goal given must be valid.

There were complaints about the long check for our second goal last weekend. That decision may affect the fate of at least 6 different clubs in the league at the top and bottom of the table, so it is right that if there's any doubt at all, that it should be checked with a fine comb. And if it takes two minutes, then I'm happy to wait two minutes to confirm that the goal is the correct decision.

It wouldn't be pointless because the only goals VAR can validate are those which are flagged for offside when the player was clearly not. That's it.

& what about where it's giving controversial red cards where there is no red card offence and vice versa? Giving controversial pens where there is no offence in the box and vice versa?
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1401 
      Reply #19: Feb 13, 2024 11:57:06 am
      All decision should be checked to a strict set of rules, strict code. Otherwise it's a ridiculous system. The basic checks have to have uniformity. If a decision needs further checks then so be it.

Since the Spurs debacle I haven't heard them come out and assure fans that they now have a strict protocol in place and that all participating VAR refs have been trained or fully briefed on strict rules, strict code.Set way of communicating decisions etc.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #20: Feb 13, 2024 05:03:48 pm

Yes long checks but the useless officials still got it wrong it was a foul on the Burnley player, utterly unacceptably pathetic
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1630 
      Reply #21: Feb 13, 2024 06:08:16 pm
      It wouldn't be pointless because the only goals VAR can validate are those which are flagged for offside when the player was clearly not. That's it.

& what about where it's giving controversial red cards where there is no red card offence and vice versa? Giving controversial pens where there is no offence in the box and vice versa?

You ain’t been here long I’d give up now , you won’t win with that one ,
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1630 
      Reply #22: Feb 13, 2024 06:10:16 pm
      All decision should be checked to a strict set of rules, strict code. Otherwise it's a ridiculous system. The basic checks have to have uniformity. If a decision needs further checks then so be it.

Since the Spurs debacle I haven't heard them come out and assure fans that they now have a strict protocol in place and that all participating VAR refs have been trained or fully briefed on strict rules, strict code.Set way of communicating decisions etc.

Don’t bring that up Across the pond must have missed that beauty

Quick Reply