Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Norwich?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Jarell Quansah
      0 (0%)
      Conor Bradley
      60 (92.3%)
      Ryan Gravenberch
      1 (1.5%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      1 (1.5%)
      James McConnell
      3 (4.6%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: Feb 01, 2024 04:25:44 pm

Liverpool 5-2 Norwich City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 5080 times
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,882 posts | 421 
      Re: Liverpool 5-2 Norwich City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #184: Jan 28, 2024 04:40:08 pm
      Nice fun game really. The serious stuff kicks back in again now.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #185: Jan 28, 2024 04:52:12 pm
      I’m going through the wringer here, didn’t think I’d feel as emotional as this. Lord knows how I’ll feel when the time comes.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,319 posts | 775 
      Reply #186: Jan 28, 2024 05:22:48 pm
      I’m going through the wringer here, didn’t think I’d feel as emotional as this. Lord knows how I’ll feel when the time comes.
      I'll have a guess....You'll be a blubbering mess like the rest of us. The news just leaves an empty feeling,...almost numb with sadness.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,319 posts | 775 
      Reply #187: Jan 28, 2024 05:34:25 pm
      Borderline training session this afternoon, don't think it was a real contest at any point. Young Bradley stood out...again. Decent home draw in the next round....Onwards.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,073 posts | 3440 
      Reply #188: Jan 28, 2024 05:46:09 pm
      Was a great atmosphere today , young lads played well , Klopp smiling his head off most of the game
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,293 posts | 1403 
      Reply #189: Jan 28, 2024 05:54:53 pm
      Things are bad at Newport....struggling to beat Man United....tut tut..
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #190: Jan 28, 2024 06:17:14 pm
      Enjoyed the game on the whole watching on the tv. Some really good goals, a 5  2 scoreline, very decent entertainment for the fans.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,020 posts | 3352 
      Reply #191: Jan 28, 2024 06:39:27 pm
      Quadruple remains a real possibility after today's win and what looks like another straight forward tie in the next round.

I had a few doubts ahead of the game because Norwich ruined the last game in front of the old Kop and it just had a feeling of them ruining them today, giving everybody a chance to slag Klopp off for his announcement in the week. Thankfully that didn't happen and it didn't happen because we've got a great group of lads representing this club right now.

A real stroll in the park sort of game, just the type we needed. Fantastic atmosphere throughout and just what Jürgen deserved.

This season is gonna be special.

Alisson - had very little to do but pull the ball out the net. First one poor on our part to even let the a corner when we had the ball on the egde on their box, second just a F***ing boss effort.

Bradley - already looking like a seasoned pro. Keeps impressing every time he plays. Two wonderful assists today and could have several more as well. He doesn't look as natural a footballer as Trent but he hasn't done anything to say he can't fight for that right back slot with him. Happy to get stuck in as well.

Konate - solid, dependable, commanding. Three words that sum up his performance today but also his entire season. He's maturing and seems to have knocked those odd mistakes on the head.

Quansah - another good showing from the kid. Maybe didn't catch the eye as much as he has in other games but up against an old pro like Barnes, I thought he did a good job.

Goalmez - had his customary shot early in the piece and then did most of his work from the middle of the park. Some nice cross field passes over to Bradley on the right. With the injured players coming back, you wonder how many more starts Joe has this season but what a job he's done covering for his fellow defenders.

Gravenberch - made up to see him get a goal because he was trying hard all game but always felt on the fringe of it. Some nice runs but nothing at the end of it. So a big well done for being in the right place at the right time to get his goal. Hopefully a confidence boost he needs.

McConnell - really good performance from the lad on his first start. Looked tidy in possession, knew when to try the more difficult pass but knew when to just keep it ticking over. Great ball for Jones to open the scoring. Slight disappointment for his game to end how it did, hopefully nothing too serious. But if we're being honest, he's unlikely to feature much between now and the next round anyway with the squad starting to come back to full strength.

Jones - lovely taken goal but his dallying on the ball led to the corner that they got the second corner from, in which they equalised. There are still too many times when he holds on to the ball for too long, which is a shame because when he gets it right he looks top quality. I loved his reaction to McConnell after the goal though, showed a lot of respect and leadership.

Jota - lovely taken goal with a first time effort, two real wasteful efforts from first time efforts as well. We know he'll score goals though. Seemed to link up really well with Bradley down the right.

Gakpo - a bit like his fellow Dutchman, he felt like he was on the fringe of the game. Maybe if a ball bounced the other way or a defender didn't block a cross he'd have got himself a goal or two today but it just didn't feel like Cody was a threat today. Was involved in the build up a lot of the time but not really likely to score.

Nunez - another quiet game from Darwin who struggles more than most when teams just sit with 11 men behind the ball. He needs the space in behind to really hurt the opposition. But what a lovely goal. A proper forwards goal as well. Right in the bottom corner. And that's what a forward should be doing. Only six players have scored more goals under Klopp than Nunez. Not bad for a lad who's been here only 18 months and can't finish.

Robertson - lovely to see him back on the pitch. Didn't do much of note when he came on but he didn't need to. Just great to have him back fit once again and what a reception he got when he came on.

Van Dijk - what a header to kill the game right off. Absolute bullet.

Szoboszlai - I'm usually quite critical of this lad and think he's the latest to be vastly overrated by our fans but today in his little cameo he looked almost as good as he has in a Liverpool shirt. Obviously got the assist for Virg, his pass to Diaz that led to the fifth goal was lovely, harried the Norwich players and the enforced break out the team looks to have done him so good, if today's half hour or so is anything to go by.

Alexander-Arnold - a bit like Robbo, didn't do too much of note but just great to see him back on the pitch. And, like Robbo, what a reception he got.

Diaz - I know some see him as the weakest of the front five but I think he's F***ing boss. Always wants the ball and always wants to try something. Doesn't always come off but for me he's quality. Couple of times today he was teasing the Norwich players and they couldn't get near him. Lovely ball over for Bradley for the Gravenberch goal.

Overall, after a difficult week for all of us, we showed that the menaltity on the pitch hasn't changed. And that's as pleasing as the result itself. We pressed high, won the ball back numerous times, scored five goals and got minutes into the legs of some kids and those coming back from injury. Five different scorers as well. The whole team has taken up the mantle of performing in the absence of Mo.

Ten games unbeaten now as well.

Just keep doing what you're doing Reds.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 128 
      Reply #192: Jan 28, 2024 06:46:03 pm
      Quadruple remains a real possibility after today's win and what looks like another straight forward tie in the next round.

I had a few doubts ahead of the game because Norwich ruined the last game in front of the old Kop and it just had a feeling of them ruining them today, giving everybody a chance to slag Klopp off for his announcement in the week. Thankfully that didn't happen and it didn't happen because we've got a great group of lads representing this club right now.

A real stroll in the park sort of game, just the type we needed. Fantastic atmosphere throughout and just what Jürgen deserved.

Alisson - had very little to do but pull the ball out the net. First one poor on our part to even let the a corner when we had the ball on the egde on their box, second just a F***ing boss effort.

Bradley - already looking like a seasoned pro. Keeps impressing every time he plays. Two wonderful assists today and could have several more as well. He doesn't look as natural a footballer as Trent but he hasn't done anything to say he can't fight for that right back slot with him. Happy to get stuck in as well.

Konate - solid, dependable, commanding. Three words that sum up his performance today but also his entire season. He's maturing and seems to have knocked those odd mistakes on the head.

Quansah - another good showing from the kid. Maybe didn't catch the eye as much as he has in other games but up against an old pro like Barnes, I thought he did a good job.

Goalmez - had his customary shot early in the piece and then did most of his work from the middle of the park. Some nice cross field passes over to Bradley on the right. With the injured players coming back, you wonder how many more starts Joe has this season but what a job he's done covering for his fellow defenders.

Gravenberch - made up to see him get a goal because he was trying hard all game but always felt on the fringe of it. Some nice runs but nothing at the end of it. So a big well done for being in the right place at the right time to get his goal. Hopefully a confidence boost he needs.

McConnell - really good performance from the lad on his first start. Looked tidy in possession, knew when to try the more difficult pass but knew when to just keep it ticking over. Great ball for Jones to open the scoring. Slight disappointment for his game to end how it did, hopefully nothing too serious. But if we're being honest, he's unlikely to feature much between now and the next round anyway with the squad starting to come back to full strength.

Jones - lovely taken goal but his dallying on the ball led to the corner that they got the second corner from, in which they equalised. There are still too many times when he holds on to the ball for too long, which is a shame because when he gets it right he looks top quality. I loved his reaction to McConnell after the goal though, showed a lot of respect and leadership.

Jota - lovely taken goal with a first time effort, two real wasteful efforts from first time efforts as well. We know he'll score goals though. Seemed to link up really well with Bradley down the right.

Gakpo - a bit like his fellow Dutchman, he felt like he was on the fringe of the game. Maybe if a ball bounced the other way or a defender didn't block a cross he'd have got himself a goal or two today but it just didn't feel like Cody was a threat today. Was involved in the build up a lot of the time but not really likely to score.

Nunez - another quiet game from Darwin who struggles more than most when teams just sit with 11 men behind the ball. He needs the space in behind to really hurt the opposition. But what a lovely goal. A proper forwards goal as well. Right in the bottom corner. And that's what a forward should be doing. Only six players have scored more goals under Klopp than Nunez. Not bad for a lad who's been here only 18 months and can't finish.

Robertson - lovely to see him back on the pitch. Didn't do much of note when he came on but he didn't need to. Just great to have him back fit once again and what a reception he got when he came on.

Szoboszlai - I'm usually quite critical of this lad and think he's the latest to be vastly overrated by our fans but today in his little cameo he looked almost as good as he has in a Liverpool shirt. Obviously got the assist for Virg, his pass to Diaz that led to the fifth goal was lovely, harried the Norwich players and the enforced break out the team looks to have done him so good, if today's half hour or so is anything to go by.

Alexander-Arnold - a bit like Robbo, didn't do too much of note but just great to see him back on the pitch. And, like Robbo, what a reception he got.

Diaz - I know some see him as the weakest of the front five but I think he's F***ing boss. Always wants the ball and always wants to try something. Doesn't always come off but for me he's quality. Couple of times today he was teasing the Norwich players and they couldn't get near him. Lovely ball over for Bradley for the Gravenberch goal.

Overall, after a difficult week for all of us, we showed that the menaltity on the pitch hasn't changed. And that's as pleasing as the result itself. We pressed high, won the ball back numerous times, scored five goals and got minutes into the legs of some kids and those coming back from injury. Five different scorers as well. The whole team has taken up the mantle of performing in the absence of Mo.

Hahahaha, I was at that game, in The Paddock.
      A Jeremy Goss screamer at The Kop end...

https://m.facebook.com/NorwichCityFootballClub/videos/jeremy-goss-v-liverpool-1994/286412435694693/

Good analysis of today's game, as usual...
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,293 posts | 1403 
      Reply #193: Jan 28, 2024 07:41:43 pm
      Was a bit of a kick around for the most part even when they equalised, it was just a matter focusing on the matter in hand. Just as well after the few days we've had. Their second was a cracker but we ran out easy winners.

Can't put too much by it because I suspect their main aim was to keep the score down, but Bradley was the stand out. On to harder stuff again the London poseurs.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #194: Jan 28, 2024 08:40:42 pm

Top top quality yet again Billy, so much so i gave the like before I read it because I knew it would be absolutely spot on.

Brilliantly worded , thank you.

YNWA

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1668 
      • YNWA
      Reply #195: Jan 28, 2024 09:10:38 pm
      Ideal game, good run out, comfortable win. Szobo TAA and Robbo getting runout. First game after Jurgens announcement out of the way, just need to try keep this train on the rails..
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #196: Jan 29, 2024 04:10:33 am
      Bradley has been awesome and when TAA is fully back, I think Bradley could play as RB allowing TAA to play in midfield. It's another option now.
      Jota and Nunez are really stepping up but like someone wrote, he struggles when team defend low. Gakpo is a bit of a concern, he's trying too hard maybe and failing. He knows he can do better and we need him to do better. On current form, he should be on the bench but at least, he's always willing to create and take responsibilities. Maybe he is too unsettled in terms of positions in the team?

Gravenberch scored and it's good for his morale. He needs to work harder like Jones to deserve to play, IMO.

Great to have TAA, Robertson and Szobo back, it will give us a boost but Klopp needs to ensure that they play because they deserve too. Gomez, Jones, Bradley have really stepped up and this needs to be acknowledged.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #197: Jan 29, 2024 04:35:12 am
      Those scenes at the Final Whistle..wow, brought a tear to my eye.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #198: Jan 29, 2024 10:22:52 am
      Bradley has been awesome and when TAA is fully back, I think Bradley could play as RB allowing TAA to play in midfield. It's another option now.
      Jota and Nunez are really stepping up but like someone wrote, he struggles when team defend low. Gakpo is a bit of a concern, he's trying too hard maybe and failing. He knows he can do better and we need him to do better. On current form, he should be on the bench but at least, he's always willing to create and take responsibilities. Maybe he is too unsettled in terms of positions in the team?

Gravenberch scored and it's good for his morale. He needs to work harder like Jones to deserve to play, IMO.

Great to have TAA, Robertson and Szobo back, it will give us a boost but Klopp needs to ensure that they play because they deserve too. Gomez, Jones, Bradley have really stepped up and this needs to be acknowledged.

Not concerned one iota, we have a squad now capable of taking on the whole f***in world, not every player will be at their optimum in every game we play, look at Mo for example, he has hardly been setting the EPL on fire of late but you would never deliberately leave him out, cos he’s capable of that one moment of magic that we love him for,  Gakpo or anyone else will have off days, and Gakpo as well as anyone else can produce special moments, whether that be a fantastic pass, a volley or a goal saving tackle,

We’re as close now to the perfect squad as we’ll ever be imo, we just need to add the silverware to justify it !!

YNWA
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #199: Jan 29, 2024 10:37:36 am
      Those scenes at the Final Whistle..wow, brought a tear to my eye.

Was choked meself mate and Jürgen looked emotional!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #200: Jan 29, 2024 11:10:43 am
      Seem to have a strong squad of players, not relying too much on anyone, which is a good sign. Players from all positions being able to score.

This side seems to dominate games whoever is selected. Just need to pick up a few trophies before Jürgen's departure.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 128 
      Reply #201: Jan 29, 2024 01:27:26 pm
      Seem to have a strong squad of players, not relying too much on anyone, which is a good sign. Players from all positions being able to score.

This side seems to dominate games whoever is selected. Just need to pick up a few trophies before Jürgen's departure.
      Yep, just the four will do....
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #202: Jan 29, 2024 01:48:34 pm

Your not greedy mate, you would like the lot !
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 128 
      Reply #203: Jan 29, 2024 01:55:41 pm
      Your not greedy mate, you would like the lot !
      It's the least the Jürgmeister deserves for his send off...
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts | 166 
      Reply #204: Jan 29, 2024 04:29:31 pm
      Bradley is seriously impressive, that loan looks like it really did him a lot of good but I’m amazed how quickly he’s adapted from league 1 football even if he was one of the best players in the league that season. I’ve not yet seen any real weakness where I’m concerned by that he won’t make it at the top. He’s much more calm than someone like Flanno ever was, much more athletic than someone like Neco ever was, far better on the ball in the final third than someone like Clyney ever was.

Delighted for the young lad and he really deserves to keep his place in the team for Chelsea.....so I can imagine it'll feel a little deflating for him when he inevitably drops out.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #205: Jan 29, 2024 05:18:30 pm
      I cant believe I gave Bradley MOTM. He was incredibly poised for such a young kid. He was amazing.

Quick Reply