Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Pre Match : Arsenal v Liverpool : Sunday 4th Feb, 16.30

Read 3937 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Pre Match : Arsenal v Liverpool : Sunday 4th Feb, 16.30
      Feb 02, 2024 01:54:49 pm
      In our current form they will be wary of us and wouldn’t surprise me if they start off sitting back.

Head says start with the same 11 as started midweek, has Bradley and Gomez done anything wrong to be dropped.

Expecting a tight game but Nunez is due some luck soon so 0-1 with Darwin scoring in off the post 😊.

« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2024 08:21:30 pm by RedPuppy »
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 879 posts | 102 
      Re: Pre Match : Arsenal v Liverpool : Sunday 4th Feb, 16.30
      Reply #1: Feb 02, 2024 02:45:43 pm
      Must win match for Arse or their title challenge is probably over.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 1099 
      Reply #2: Feb 02, 2024 03:16:04 pm
      Darwin fitness is up in the air 😔
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,545 posts | 1093 
      Reply #3: Feb 02, 2024 03:21:13 pm

I think he will be fine. He's a strong lad. He played fine on it Wednesday. On a few days rest I think he will start.
      rossyred

• 9,294 posts | 1664 
      Reply #4: Feb 02, 2024 06:16:52 pm
      Big call what to do with FBs every other position picks itself for me if Darwin fit. Gut says he will go with Trent Bradley played a lot of games recently same as Gomez. Good choices for the Boss would love to see Thiago on bench
      rossyred

• 9,294 posts | 1664 
      Reply #5: Feb 02, 2024 06:17:42 pm
      I think he will be fine. He's a strong lad. He played fine on it Wednesday. On a few days rest I think he will start.

It's not necessarily pain more the swelling can't get his boot on unless he does a Suarez
      Don77

• 6,545 posts | 1093 
      Reply #6: Feb 02, 2024 07:03:48 pm
      It's not necessarily pain more the swelling can't get his boot on unless he does a Suarez

Yeah possibly mate. I get you. If he can't play/start I'd go jota left gapko middle and Diaz right. Hopefully Darwin can start though.
      rossyred

• 9,294 posts | 1664 
      Reply #7: Feb 02, 2024 07:20:23 pm
      Yeah possibly mate. I get you. If he can't play/start I'd go jota left gapko middle and Diaz right. Hopefully Darwin can start though.

Apparently he has trained just no photos so I think will be fine
      Harrisimo

• 8,292 posts | 1403 
      Reply #8: Feb 02, 2024 08:05:57 pm
      Win here, puts a marker down. Can't leave anything out there. Got to go 'all in'. No quarter asked etc. And none of yer touchline tantrums Arteta..we're not in the mood yer feckin' eejit..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,027 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #9: Feb 02, 2024 09:04:33 pm
      2-0 to the gunners.  :f_whistle:
      Don77

• 6,545 posts | 1093 
      Reply #10: Feb 02, 2024 09:06:56 pm
      I've gone 3-1 for us. We're the better team. We just have to do our thing and minimise the mistakes.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #11: Feb 02, 2024 09:53:07 pm
      Klopp has some decisions to make doesn't he. You can't drop Bradley can you but do you have Trent on the bench. Tough call. The only way I see Trent playing is if he replaces Dom..I don't know to be honest..
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #12: Feb 02, 2024 11:26:17 pm
      Same X1 that started Vs Chavs, everyone deserves their place, F**k what Arse think, it’s their problem, we go there and F**k them over good and proper,
      Trent & Robbo are not ready for such a encounter, last thing we need is either over exerting themselves, and picking up another injury,

The onus is on them, this is their cup final, lose it and their fu**ed and Arteta will self combust on the touch line, a few weeks back, we’d be worried about going there, but Not now, they’re the ones who will be worried, so let’s just see how much bottle they have, we’re in the driving seat, telling you now, we won’t lose,

Tactically I’d go for the throat from the KO, high octane pass n move, keep the tempo high and let’s see how they cope, we score first watch their heads drop, don’t give the KUNTS peace, get at them, in their face and they won’t know whether to stick or f***in twist,

They think they can match us, well prove it then Gooners, C’mon show us what yer made of, come out and attack us and see what happens, f***in pretenders, serial bottlers, Cockney Cnuts !!!

1- 3 Mighty Redmen & Champions Elect…

Alisson
                               Bradley.  Konate.  Virgil.  Gomez
                                                  Macca
                                    Szlobo.                  Jones
                                                    Jota
                                    Diaz.                      Nunez

YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,129 posts | 83 
      Reply #13: Feb 02, 2024 11:35:25 pm
      Klopp were insane if he didnt start the same 11 from Chelsea game again. I also do not see what Klopp mentioned, that is that some players like Bradley or Gomez might be overplayed. They played a typical 3-game-week for the last 2 weeks, so nothing fancy. Still I'd be alright with a draw though I want us to play for a win because City looks dangerous as always.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #14: Feb 02, 2024 11:47:12 pm
      Extremely tough match. Would be absolutely delighted to win, but have to say a draw is a more realistic high expectation.

They will be well up for this. It's everything for them. If they lose, their title challenge is almost over. Just like at Anfield I expect them to storm out of the blocks and I won't be surprised if they get the first goal (early in fact).

But on form, we are very solid, very dangerous (although not scoring enough crazy as that sounds), and we really can do them here. We need to. We just need that bit of luck and need to finish our chances.

Same team for me. Only question is Robertson or Gomez. Gomez struggled against Saka, but with Robertson not quite in the run of things, it's a tough call.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #15: Feb 03, 2024 01:03:59 am
      although not scoring enough crazy as that sounds

Haha. We scored 4 in each of our last three PL games and have the joint-best attack in the competition. What's that even supposed to mean
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,157 posts | 261 
      Reply #16: Feb 03, 2024 05:33:42 am

Latest he seemed ok mate.

I'm all for the same team as last game.  Arse 2-3 LFC,    COYR :scarf:   
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,387 posts | 2823 
      Reply #17: Feb 03, 2024 07:14:02 am
      Must win match for Arse or their title challenge is probably over.

Is it? They would be 5 points behind us with 15 games left should they draw. I’d say it’s a must not lose game for them (and for us really)
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 60 
      Reply #18: Feb 03, 2024 07:36:31 am
      They are a good side,and we are a very good side starting to hit top form,the table doesn't lie.Bradley has to start,sensational young talent,expecting a hard fought win 3-1 to the Mighty Reds.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #19: Feb 03, 2024 08:16:56 am
      Klopp said after the game that he wasn’t sure who would be ready for Sunday and that everybody looked exhausted. He isn’t the type of manager to run the same 11 in to the ground just because they are playing well so will just come down to how ready he thinks everyone is. Personally think that means 1 or 2 changes - Trent for Bradley makes sense considering how much football he has played, although I did say this before the Chelsea game.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #20: Feb 03, 2024 09:18:28 am
      Klopp said after the game that he wasn’t sure who would be ready for Sunday and that everybody looked exhausted. He isn’t the type of manager to run the same 11 in to the ground just because they are playing well so will just come down to how ready he thinks everyone is. Personally think that means 1 or 2 changes - Trent for Bradley makes sense considering how much football he has played, although I did say this before the Chelsea game.

Get what you’re saying mate, however I look at the bigger picture, we will need both Robbo & Trent for the run in, both have had barely 30mins playing time since returning from injury, this match is massive, especially for them,Arse, they simply HAVE to win, I think it’s too risky to play Trent & Robbo, even a slight niggle can set them back weeks, we’re almost, almost at full strength with the exception of Bacjetic & Mo, Thiago back training and not far off now,
      Anyhoo, it’s unusual for Jürgen to not rotate, but we’ll see, personally I wouldn’t change it unless forced, however everyone knows it’s a squad game and anyone can be exchanged at any time, so I wouldn’t be surprised if indeed there are changes ,

Put yourself in Arteta’s flip flops, how would you approach a vital & pivotal moment in their season, knowing if they lose it they are done as far as the title is concerned this season?? I don’t think they have the bottle for the fight, the Irish Englander seems to disappear when the going gets tough, Odegaard is a bit of a lightweight too, and Havertz blows hot and cold and is not known for rolling his sleeves up, and he’s a dirty b***ard to boot, any pressure and they’ll fold like a pack of cards, this is there time to prove just how serious they are, and I don’t think they have it them collectively!!

1-3 Mighty Redmen

YNWA

Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Reply #21: Feb 03, 2024 10:20:43 am
      Smells like a draw with city benefitting…

That being said the jinx is gone now for a draw  :D
      Harrisimo

• 8,292 posts | 1403 
      Reply #22: Feb 03, 2024 10:43:37 am
      Hard to change a winning team.Said they looked"knackered" in the dressing room. Hope they look knackered after every game. But it could be Trent in, have the switch around in the second half with Bradley. That's the only move I would consider, but same again would be totally justified.

The RB is now a difficult situation and a bit unusual. We have Trent..on the front foot probably the best inverted RB in world football. Defending, good but not outstanding. Then we have Bradley..well this type of talent doesn't come through very often. Trent himself was template. Can we hold back this emerging talent.

Could they not have foreseen this and made a decision on Trent.RB or midfield.  Very often Trent can be doing poorly but produces a game changer. No easy solution.

Quick Reply