Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Pre Match - Liverpool vs Luton Wed 21st Feb 19:30 Kick

Read 5129 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Re: Pre Match - Liverpool vs Luton Wed 21st Feb 19:30 Kick
      Reply #23: Feb 20, 2024 10:55:36 am

Still recovering from Injury I believe 🫤
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #24: Feb 20, 2024 11:27:15 am
      NB: Team no longer available

I would play in a fluid front line-up and a diamond.

I would not risk Mo or Nunez if they aren't 100% fit. I would rest Konate too. I would not risk Szoboszlai against Luton at all.

We need to just win and move on without no new injuries.

Initially that looks quite narrow but then Bradley plays RB more traditionally and Robbo on the left could balance that and your selection looks good.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 420 
      Reply #25: Feb 20, 2024 11:30:55 am

And I think Doak is back up and running doing bits in the reserves.

I also like watching Trent Kone Doherty for the unders
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #26: Feb 20, 2024 12:11:05 pm
      And I think Doak is back up and running doing bits in the reserves.

I also like watching Trent Kone Doherty for the unders

Doak still out , not expected to be back training until end of season at best , was expected to be out for 6 months after the surgery

Gordon is fit and played very well the other night in the U21a
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 165 
      Reply #27: Feb 20, 2024 12:14:41 pm
      Doak is another big blow now we come to think of it, almost been the forgotten kid amongst all our injuries and setbacks.

He'd have been the ideal candidate to slot in for Mo and make a bigger name for himself with his pace and directness. Hopefully he can still play a part before the seasons over (even if it's just back with the 21s).

Back onto Luton, Diaz and Gakpo are gonna have to step it up a whole lot more than they've shown the next 3-4 games and prove they're capable of spearheading the attack.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #28: Feb 20, 2024 12:47:58 pm
      Doak is another big blow now we come to think of it, almost been the forgotten kid amongst all our injuries and setbacks.

He'd have been the ideal candidate to slot in for Mo and make a bigger name for himself with his pace and directness. Hopefully he can still play a part before the seasons over (even if it's just back with the 21s).

Back onto Luton, Diaz and Gakpo are gonna have to step it up a whole lot more than they've shown the next 3-4 games and prove they're capable of spearheading the attack.

From what I've seen of doak this season he's nowhere near ready to be stepping into Mo's boots let alone at a vital stage of the season.

Elliott is the only candidate or move Diaz to the right. Not sure who plays left though if gakpo needs to play centre and nunez/jota injured.

But if you move Elliott in there we've only 3 senior midfielders available then.
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #29: Feb 20, 2024 12:49:10 pm
      When is jurgens presser today?
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 165 
      Reply #30: Feb 20, 2024 12:52:59 pm
      When is jurgens presser today?

In approx 35-40mins.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 165 
      Reply #31: Feb 20, 2024 12:58:17 pm
      From what I've seen of doak this season he's nowhere near ready to be stepping into Mo's boots let alone at a vital stage of the season.

Elliott is the only candidate or move Diaz to the right. Not sure who plays left though if gakpo needs to play centre and nunez/jota injured.

But if you move Elliott in there we've only 3 senior midfielders available then.
      He looked a lot better in pre-season than when he's played competitively this season, but it's been a very small sample size....he's had 10 mins in the league on the opening day where I thought he looked ok against Chelsea, otherwise it's been a few starts in the EL playing in unexperienced sides (games where even Bradley didn't look great in). Sometimes it's not until you throw them into a game like the 1 we have tomorrow, where he's able to play with more seniors around him and blossom.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,703 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #32: Feb 20, 2024 04:04:06 pm
      Initially that looks quite narrow but then Bradley plays RB more traditionally and Robbo on the left could balance that and your selection looks good.

Exactly, and Endo can cover for them.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #33: Feb 20, 2024 04:19:37 pm
      NB: Team no longer available
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 165 
      Reply #34: Feb 20, 2024 04:35:22 pm

I'll be very happy if we can line up like this, then maybe draft in Gomez Ibou and Kostas for the cup final.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 165 
      Reply #35: Feb 20, 2024 04:58:03 pm
      Decent guy is Rob Edwards...don't remember much of him as a player but in the media he comes across as a genuinely humble guy, seen bits of his presser today and speaks quite fondly of us.......which is reciprocated by Klopp.

Confirmed their top scorer Adebayo is out and won't travel, Brown Nakamba and Lockyer are the others unavailable to them.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #36: Feb 20, 2024 06:17:22 pm
      Kelleher

Bradley Quansah VVD Robbo

Mac Endo Grav

Elliott Gakpo Diaz
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #37: Feb 20, 2024 07:20:41 pm
      Where the heck is bajetic ?- our players are out for seasons not weeks -arsenal can field the same team every week for 2 seasons it seems.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 165 
      Reply #38: Feb 20, 2024 07:30:07 pm
      Where the heck is bajetic ?- our players are out for seasons not weeks -arsenal can field the same team every week for 2 seasons it seems.

Think we're waiting for him to grow some pubes before we allow him back in training.

Jokes aside it's some kind of growth related issue of the muscle and bone in his body rather than a specific body part he's struggling with.....for me he's the 1 that'll be affected the most, I don't see a new manager wasting any time for these guys to get back....he's gonna want to hit the ground running.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #39: Feb 20, 2024 07:40:33 pm

Arsenal field that same team because they have F**k all depth and it catches up on them when they run out of steam

Bajetic they are allowing him to take his time - seems he is having the same growing issues that Gerrard did
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #40: Feb 20, 2024 07:42:37 pm

Bajcetic was pushed too much too early which resulted in quite a serious injury which took a good 6/7 months to recover from. Then he had a setback. I've no doubt he will be back ... but with a whole career infront of him there's no point rushing it.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Reply #41: Feb 20, 2024 07:47:14 pm
      Jesus has been injured for ages....(not a sentence I thought I'd ever write!)
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #42: Feb 20, 2024 08:06:52 pm
      I have this feeling all these unfortunate injuries will only help galvanise the team even more. Klopp will use this to get everything from the players that come in. I'm confident of a good win against Luton and then roll on Sunday..
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Reply #43: Feb 20, 2024 08:28:05 pm
      This injury issue is becoming vastly overstated, you would think we only had two players available....This is a decent squad and most of the key players are fit. On recent form you could argue Kelleher is playing better than Alisson....Bradley better than Trent...We should beat Luton.
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #44: Feb 20, 2024 09:33:56 pm
      This injury issue is becoming vastly overstated, you would think we only had two players available....This is a decent squad and most of the key players are fit. On recent form you could argue Kelleher is playing better than Alisson....Bradley better than Trent...We should beat Luton.

Ali, Szobo, Jota, Salah, Nunez, Jones, Trent ... potentially 6 or 7 of our current best 11 out including our first choice front 3, ... and it's overstated ... come on ....

Take 6 or 7 from city's first 11 or arsenals and see how they get on.  Not to mention thiago and matip who are also out.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #45: Feb 20, 2024 09:35:20 pm
      Just. F***ing. Win.

Quick Reply