Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Pre-Match: League Cup Final v Chelsea Sun 25th Feb 15:00

Read 4675 times
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 420 
      Re: League Cup Final v Chelsea Sun 25th Feb 15:00
      Reply #23: Feb 23, 2024 10:01:42 am
      Not looking forward to this at the moment.

Hoping to hear good news on Mo and Darwin. If we don't Chelsea go into this somehow as holding all the cards.

By the time of KO Chelsea may have gone from 4/1 outsiders down to odds on favourites such is the changing dynamic of the squads in the last time we faced them.

Chelsea seem to have found themselves in the last few weeks and with a full squad to choose from they'll be smelling blood and bang up for this.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #24: Feb 23, 2024 10:04:42 am
      Unfortunately no chance of mo and darwin starting.. very much doubt they will make bench. Going to be the same squad to choose from.

https://x.com/bbcmerseysport/status/1760968047521653108?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw

Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #25: Feb 23, 2024 10:23:01 am
      Not looking forward to this at the moment.

Hoping to hear good news on Mo and Darwin. If we don't Chelsea go into this somehow as holding all the cards.

By the time of KO Chelsea may have gone from 4/1 outsiders down to odds on favourites such is the changing dynamic of the squads in the last time we faced them.

Chelsea seem to have found themselves in the last few weeks and with a full squad to choose from they'll be smelling blood and bang up for this.

Nah..bunch of southern poseurs, with a smattering of footballing mercenaries. If ever a team played for the wallet rather than the shirt..it is Chelsea.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 165 
      Reply #26: Feb 23, 2024 10:24:37 am
      "Let's start with what we do have, not what we don't" We have to "really really really see", "last minute decision".

Basically saying we're fu**ed.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Reply #27: Feb 23, 2024 10:27:20 am
      "Let's start with what we do have, not what we don't" We have to "really really really see", "last minute decision".

No, that's what you are saying....He is saying " We have to really really really see"
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 165 
      Reply #28: Feb 23, 2024 10:31:39 am
      No, that's what you are saying....He is saying " We have to really really really see"

:lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #29: Feb 23, 2024 10:32:24 am
      Anyone else thinking that NOT playing Mo & Darwin Vs Luton is a possible ruse to trip up the Chavs on Sunday, many assuming neither will feature in the final, thinking they can’t be fit, and that maybe Poch would set up thinking the same, pie in the sky maybe, but who knows, maybe Jürgen is playing the joker here ??

I suspect both will feature at some point, no one knows for sure obviously but I’m kinda glad no one knows including inquisitive journo’s, I seen enough evidence in that second half V Luton to convince me that we as a group are hungrier than anyone else and WILL Want it more, including the title, the Europa & the FA cup, the players want to give Jürgen the best send off possible and a massive thanks to what he has done for their collective careers,
      So what better way is there to show him how appreciative they all are of why they’ll give absolutely everything for him in his final moments as manager??

LET’S DO THIS !!!!

YNWA
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #30: Feb 23, 2024 10:38:57 am

Post of the thread..."we're fu**ed".....mmmm....FYI...ssssh hhhh....whisper it....we don't throw the towel in....
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #31: Feb 23, 2024 10:39:16 am

At least you have got all the defeatist doom and gloom sh*te in 2 days early

Have you F**k all faith in the team
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Reply #32: Feb 23, 2024 10:44:17 am
      Salah and Nunez will both play at Wembley at some point in the game.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      Reply #33: Feb 23, 2024 10:47:33 am

So you don’t believe in our squad, or Jürgen and think we’ll just roll over and die, don’t know a lot of what we’re about do ya la, I’ve been with this same Bird for 47 years and I’ve never ever known us to throw the towel in when up against it, give yer heid a wobble Sonny, we’re Liverpool not N-Everton !!!

YNWA
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #34: Feb 23, 2024 11:08:52 am
      Salah, Nunez and Szoboszlai would be nice options from the bench
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 165 
      Reply #35: Feb 23, 2024 12:00:18 pm
      At least you have got all the defeatist doom and gloom sh*te in 2 days early

Have you F**k all faith in the team

:lmao:
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 165 
      Reply #36: Feb 23, 2024 12:02:29 pm

So you don’t believe in our squad, or Jürgen and think we’ll just roll over and die, don’t know a lot of what we’re about do ya la, I’ve been with this same Bird for 47 years and I’ve never ever known us to throw the towel in when up against it, give yer heid a wobble Sonny, we’re Liverpool not N-Everton !!!

YNWA

My attempt at humour didn't quite come off, that's on me for not reading the room.

Give me a chance though, I'm still relatively new around these parts!!

I'm expecting a close final similar to the last 2 that played out when we faced these, nonetheless one where I think we have enough still to come through.
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #37: Feb 23, 2024 12:30:46 pm
      My attempt at humour didn't quite come off, that's on me for not reading the room.

I'm expecting a close final similar to the last 2 that played out when we faced these, nonetheless one where I think we have enough still to come through.

Yeah I know..was only winding yer up. Could well be an extra time thing. I've gone for the ever popular 3-1. Even if we put out similar to V Luton, we could still turn them over.
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #38: Feb 23, 2024 12:41:58 pm
      Just love taking on these London mobs. Luton manager came across as genuine.Not like that counterfeit manager Pochettino.

Their keeper in the 2022 final came off his line about 5 times as we beat the 11-10 on penalties. Don't want a repeat of that for sure. Kelly scored a great pen as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xh3JQphic&ab_channel=SkySportsFootball
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #39: Feb 23, 2024 12:44:16 pm
      If there's any doubts about Salah, Nunez or Dom then leave them at home. We need to learn from our mistakes in recent weeks and not rush them back again too quickly.

Still plenty to play for after Sunday.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      Reply #40: Feb 23, 2024 12:48:56 pm

Fairy muff mate, you live and learn as they say, whoever the F**k they are 😜🤪🤪🤪
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #41: Feb 23, 2024 01:44:09 pm
      If there's any doubts about Salah, Nunez or Dom then leave them at home. We need to learn from our mistakes in recent weeks and not rush them back again too quickly.

Still plenty to play for after Sunday.

I agree, can't play with fire regards these lads. Especially with hammy issues. I'm not sure what the issue is with Nunez? I think he may be the most likely to return personally. Any of the 3 would be a massive bonus.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #42: Feb 23, 2024 01:45:37 pm
      Anyone else thinking that NOT playing Mo & Darwin Vs Luton is a possible ruse to trip up the Chavs on Sunday, many assuming neither will feature in the final, thinking they can’t be fit, and that maybe Poch would set up thinking the same, pie in the sky maybe, but who knows, maybe Jürgen is playing the joker here ??

I suspect both will feature at some point, no one knows for sure obviously but I’m kinda glad no one knows including inquisitive journo’s, I seen enough evidence in that second half V Luton to convince me that we as a group are hungrier than anyone else and WILL Want it more, including the title, the Europa & the FA cup, the players want to give Jürgen the best send off possible and a massive thanks to what he has done for their collective careers,
      So what better way is there to show him how appreciative they all are of why they’ll give absolutely everything for him in his final moments as manager??

LET’S DO THIS !!!!

YNWA

I'm that one mate.
      I quite believe JK keep Mo and Darwin for the trophy.
      JK surely believed he can mastermind our boys to fight against Luton.
      I'm confident one or both Mo and Darwin will play vs Chelsea.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #43: Feb 23, 2024 01:57:59 pm
                          Kelleher

Bradley   Konate  VVD  Robbo

Endo

Macca  Gravenberch

Salah   Gakpo    Diaz
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 165 
      Reply #44: Feb 23, 2024 02:13:34 pm
      Kelleher
      Gomez Ibou Virgil
      Bradley Mac Endo Grav Robbo
      Gakpo Diaz

F**k it.

Like Harvey but had a change of heart, not sure he's ready to start a game this big yet and given he's looked better coming from the bench.......Diaz also looks a whole lot better centrally so although there's a 99% chance this doesn't happen it wouldn't be a bad option.

Actually even better;

Kelleher
      Gomez Ibou Virgil
      Bradley Endo Grav Robbo
      Mac
      Gakpo Diaz
      « Last Edit: Feb 23, 2024 02:20:09 pm by The-AllMightyReds »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #45: Feb 23, 2024 02:54:16 pm
      What is good is that for the remaining campaign they will be there and maybe on the bench for Sunday.

Dominik is closest to the team. From the pictures of today, Darwin and Salah is around the fit squad.

Quick Reply