Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Forest?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      12 (15.2%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      3 (3.8%)
      Conor Bradley
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      6 (7.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Bobby Clark
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      19 (24.1%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      39 (49.4%)
      Wataru Endo
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Jayden Danns
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Voting closed: Mar 06, 2024 04:58:08 pm

Nottingham Forest 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 6717 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Re: Nottingham Forest 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Mar 02, 2024 06:28:29 pm
      Win ugly...if yer have to. We kept at them, wasn't all that well coordinated at times. Didn't dominate second half totally as they had 2/3 opportunities around our box. Bit more quality and it might've cost us.

Kelleher did well again.Elliott was his usual busy self. But can't keep Nunez quiet, box office for sure, Nearly stole the show at Wembley with his gallop down the steps, but today stayed alert right up to wire.

Not at our best but we had an ace up our sleeve.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #369: Mar 02, 2024 06:30:09 pm
      My first day in the new house in Liverpool, watching the game on a dodgy stream using my phone. Started screaming and running around the empty house like a lunatic haha

Alexis Mac Allister - sensational!
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,219 posts | 1221 
      Reply #370: Mar 02, 2024 06:57:28 pm
      I've been ill in bed all day and woke up to a text from a fellow red -- 'Liverpool....True Grit!'

Delighted with the win and frankly don't care about how it came about.
      Harrisimo
      • Started Topic

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #371: Mar 02, 2024 07:00:51 pm
      There was in fact 7 substitutions and correct me if I'm wrong, but is it 30 seconds per sub. Plus their player took an age to hobble off. Was injured but still was close to 2 minutes. They give more time this season than ever. 10 minutes is not unusual, so Forrest can have no complaints.

They should've been thinking 8 minutes to score the winner, but didn't, bit like plonker Pochettino playing for penalties throughout extra time.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #372: Mar 02, 2024 07:01:46 pm
      Chalk another one off.

11 games to go and we're still clear at the top of the League. We're guaranteed to be top no matter what by the time City come to Anfield and we've put together a nice little run of three consecutive clean sheets. The injury list is starting to shorten. And we're still finding ways to win games when it looks like the chance has gone.

Supporting this great club of ours has never been easy because we like to make things difficult for ourselves but while it may not be easy, it's F***ing enjoyable. A last gasp winner like that isn't good for the heart but it's a good way to release every emotion that's built up inside.

Relief, happiness, amazement, laughter. Whatever the F**k it was, it was three points for us - again. And made even more enjoyable because it was at a ground where we haven't done all that well in my lifetime. Seen sky throwing out the stat that we hadn't won a League game there since 84. I know Forest haven't been in the top flight all that much in the 21st century but I thought we'd of picked up at least one win in the 90s but apparently not.

We F***ing did today though.

We got a point at Luton with a very late equaliser that we probably didn't deserve and we've got all three in a game we probably didn't deserve to win. Those four points are what's seperating us from the rest right now.

Kelleher - continues to impress in the absence of Ali. Big saves when needed, three clean sheets on the bounce and growing in confidence every game he plays. He's been as valuable as anyone in our return to form since the Arsenal defeat.

Bradley - a bit like the Saints game in midweek where his play in the final third wasn't as good as it was when he first broke into the team but still another decent showing. I'm happy for a right back to not grab the headlines every game.

Konate - everyone knows how much I love the big b***ard. He's just a F***ing beast. Him and Van Dijk are the best pairing in world football.

Van Dijk - another top drawer performance from the skipper. Back to being the decisive leader we all know he is. Controls the game and leads his team in equal measure.

Robertson - missed a really good chance early in the second half but other than that, there wasn't too much to complain about from him. Just great having him back in the side. I've said it a few times this season but getting leaders like him back in the team can only help as we push for the quad.

Mac Allister - has had a new lease of life since moving into the more advanced role and it was shown again with the assist for Darwin. A lovely ball into the box when he could have easily just slashed at it. Probably the best player in a Liverpool shirt, especially first half.

Gomez - another decent showing in that position. I said against Southampton he struggled initially there but got to grips in the second half and looked ok today. His versatility was on full display as well. Nowhere near a pen for them at the end either.

Clark - was bright enough and involved while he was on but probably didn't shine as much as some of the kids (Clark included) have in previous games. Good experience for the young lad though.

Elliott - I don't see it with Harvey unfortunately. He has moments of brilliance but far too many moments of infuriation. And for a lad who has played as often as he has, there needs to be a lot more from him on a regular basis. Another game where he proved he's not suited to the right wing position, which I think was the position we'd bought him for.

Gakpo - I've said many times this season that he's fifth on the forward list and today proved why. Really poor again as he was against Southampton. He probably wouldn't be playing as many minutes if we had a fully fit squad but we haven't so he has. And while it's meant that we've had some experience up top, it hasn't quite worked out for him either. Went into the Cup final in good form, with two goals in two games but since he's looked really poor.

Diaz - he's a nuisance and makes things happen. But he also frustrates a lot of the time because he doesn't take the chances that he creates as was display today. I still think he gets in our best XI though because he's the best option on the left.

Endo - cult hero. He does what he does and does it very F***ing well every single game.

Nunez - people criticise him so heavily for the chances he misses but today he may have won us the League with that goal. A F***ing lovely header that sent Liverpool fans all over the world into pure overboard joy.

Szoboszlai - good to see him getting some minutes back into his legs. I don't think of him as the second coming of Gerrard like some but we're gonna need everybody for the push so to have Dom back in the fold.

Tsimikas - decent cameo from him, was bright down the left hand side.

Danns - no headlines from him today but he came on and we scored (eventually) so he can lay claim to that. 4 games 4 wins.

Overall, F***ing buzzing. Made the F**k right up. It's games like this where you start to believe that little bit more because it's a win we didn't look like getting yet we did. Another showing of our mentality.

Well done Reds (or purples today).

Just keep doing what we're doing and we win the F***ing lot.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #373: Mar 02, 2024 07:04:13 pm
      Anyone able to post a clip of that goal today ?
      I’d be most grateful if they could.
      Just wanna watch it over and over 😂
      Harrisimo
      • Started Topic

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #374: Mar 02, 2024 07:11:50 pm
      Anyone able to post a clip of that goal today ?
      I’d be most grateful if they could.
      Just wanna watch it over and over 😂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB1zj_Gq8to&ab_channel=SkySportsPremierLeague

No charge.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #375: Mar 02, 2024 07:12:40 pm
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #376: Mar 02, 2024 07:21:46 pm
      I had to take care a two year old son, clean the house while my wife in hospital and saw the match live but was not fully focused until the 70th minute.

What a goal Nunez and what an assist Alexis.

YNWA
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #377: Mar 02, 2024 07:39:07 pm
      That we know of. Just because players finish games doesn't mean they're available for city. We've seen that before. Christ Ali did his hamstring so bad in training on a Friday ffs

Your not wrong but if there are no players hobbling or on a stretcher and no post game pictures of players with boots or braces on I will take that as a postive with the high probability everyone survived.
      Harrisimo
      • Started Topic

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #378: Mar 02, 2024 08:09:34 pm
      I had to take care a two year old son, clean the house while my wife in hospital and saw the match live but was not fully focused until the 70th minute.

What a goal Nunez and what an assist Alexis.

YNWA

Well we certainly missed your fantastic match threads.And I hope everything is OK family wise.
      « Last Edit: Mar 02, 2024 08:15:48 pm by Harrisimo »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2110 
      Reply #379: Mar 02, 2024 08:16:00 pm
      Macallister was always going to be the one to find the solution.

Gakpo's got a lot of work to do. We've been looking to him the past couple of weeks to lead the line and ease the worries of our injuries to Nunez, Salah and Jota.

And yet he's getting subbed and outperformed by an 18 year old Jadon Danns. That is not the trajectory you want to be going in.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #380: Mar 02, 2024 08:20:00 pm
      The cliched scrappy 1-0 win but we'll take it.

Great effort from the lads, Nunez starting to show his striking instincts and superb vision from Macallister.

rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #381: Mar 02, 2024 08:44:19 pm

Gakpo's got a lot of work to do. We've been looking to him the past couple of weeks to lead the line and ease the worries of our injuries to Nunez, Salah and Jota.

And yet he's getting subbed and outperformed by an 18 year old Jadon Danns. That is not the trajectory you want to be going in.

3 very underwhelming performances on the spin for me.hopefully can pull it round as would imagine he may need to start against City
      Harrisimo
      • Started Topic

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #382: Mar 02, 2024 08:48:28 pm
      I mean what about those friggin eejit Forrest 'fans' with their childish stupid Andy Carroll chants. Total lack of respect. Nunez probably couldn't understand and probably took no notice but we heard it.

Anyhow Nunez rammed it back down their throats and I hope the FA fine them for whatever they were whinging about at the end.

Steve Cooper is well out of it.
      Harrisimo
      • Started Topic

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #383: Mar 02, 2024 08:52:13 pm

Yeah the lad had a bit of a 'mare but he can still make an important contribution and already has to be fair.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #384: Mar 02, 2024 08:58:04 pm
      Funny reading all the fume from the Forest fans.

They got two players booked in added time itself and they are complaining the game went past the 'minimum of 8 minutes'?!

They are complaining about the ref giving us the ball after the Konate stoppage yet they had the exact same incident go their way in the first half. Add in the fact that Forest won the ball back from the final corner! If they booted it to the halfway line they would have got a draw yet they pissed about and we stole it back to score. Maybe they should be looking at that.

What a grim set of supporters.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #385: Mar 02, 2024 09:02:39 pm
      Working today so missed this one.

Yet another win and still top.

Slowly but surely chalking off the opportunities for anyone to catch us. Keep doing what we're doing and we win the title.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #386: Mar 02, 2024 09:16:11 pm
      One thing I will say about Kelleher.
      He makes a blinding save, and his facial expression just doesn’t change. There’s no joy, no back slapping, no shouting and hollering.
      Just gets up and carries on with not so much as a smile 🤷‍♂️
      And I’m aware it’s his job, but some of those almost miraculous saves are once a season and he’s pulling them off two or three a game.
      Incredible keeper. So glad he’s ours
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #387: Mar 02, 2024 09:35:12 pm
      Harrisimo
      • Started Topic

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #388: Mar 02, 2024 10:58:39 pm
      Just watchin' MOTD. I didn't see the dropped ball incident in the last minute.My stream went wonky, saw the goal ok.

Was a strange decision to give us the 'drop ball' when they had possession, when Tierney blew for the head injury to Konate. It was no penalty but still lucky to get the drop ball.

You win some..yer lose some. Obviously the usual suspect will say.." yer not moaning now are yer.."
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #389: Mar 02, 2024 11:29:14 pm
      Just watchin' MOTD. I didn't see the dropped ball incident in the last minute.My stream went wonky, saw the goal ok.

Was a strange decision to give us the 'drop ball' when they had possession, when Tierney blew for the head injury to Konate. It was no penalty but still lucky to get the drop ball.

You win some..yer lose some. Obviously the usual suspect will say.." yer not moaning now are yer.."

If the ref had made the correct call in the first place which was an obvious foul on Konate there would be no bitching and crying . My guess is this has all come.about with the midweek FA cup decision that went against them seriously clutching here
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #390: Mar 02, 2024 11:36:14 pm

He gave the same thing in the first half to Forest when one of their players went down after colliding with Konate's arm. Ref restarted game by drop ball to the Forest keeper.

Quick Reply