Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v City?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      2 (2.4%)
      Jarell Quansah
      1 (1.2%)
      Conor Bradley
      2 (2.4%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      18 (21.2%)
      Wataru Endo
      17 (20%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      26 (30.6%)
      Harvey Elliott
      2 (2.4%)
      Luis Diaz
      14 (16.5%)
      Darwin Núñez
      2 (2.4%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Mohamed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Voting closed: Mar 14, 2024 05:46:30 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 7383 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Man City
      Reply #23: Mar 10, 2024 03:04:20 pm
      Is it unlucky when Robbo played 80 minutes 3 days ago and Konate pulled a hamstring sprinting about in a crazy game of football tennis?
      Yes mate it is unlucky seeing as Konate was probably ready to be taken off anyway in a matter of minutes. I’m not really sure who you expected to be out there, what if we had played Virg and he got injured?

This is nothing to do with Klopp, it’s just sheer bad fortune that we are picking up this many injuries.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #24: Mar 10, 2024 03:06:22 pm
      Lot of negativity about. Sparta are not City and maybe the plan was to give Robbo time V SP...but he might not be fully ready for this. Ditto Mo.

Need to start with believe rather than the...'Oh no' vibes.
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #25: Mar 10, 2024 03:07:06 pm
      If Anfield is in full voice then anything is possible.  I saw a team similar to this one dismantle Barca 4-0 under the Anfield lights.  I'll have another one of those please 🙏

Going for a 3-2 win for the reds with a Darwin hat trick!!! 
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Reply #26: Mar 10, 2024 03:07:32 pm
      Can't remember reading so much doom and gloom on here before a ball's kicked....It's far from ideal...but we HAVE got a team out there.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #27: Mar 10, 2024 03:07:37 pm
      I agree. Seems strange that Tsimikas and Robbo are both on the bench.
      I like Quansa but think Joe would be the stronger option for this game.
      Klopp has talked a lot recently about ‘rhythm’ and, even at the top level, I’m guessing it is pretty important. My guess is Klopp wanted Gomez out there, he certainly deserves to be, however seeing as he has played so few minutes at centre back this season, probably thought this wasn’t the time to put him back in there.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #28: Mar 10, 2024 03:08:04 pm
      Worried if I'm honest. Nothing against quansah. But you need your experience in these big games. Leaving Robertson out is bizarre ... to my eyes anyway. Not knocking anyone before people start kicking off ... but I'm flabbergasted. City will be licking their lips I think. Should have been Joey with Virg and Robbo at left back. Hes the best left back in the world.

As for Mo .... disappointed to be honest. But if he's not fully ready I understand it. I just want our best available out there while it's 0-0.

Only playing 20 or so mins after being out for nearly 2 months made me think he wouldn't play. Not bothered about Joe playing as deserves it over Robbo who hasn't been great . Konte an absolute shocker of a miss . Going to well up against it but how many times have we said that . First 25 mins absolutely crucial need the crowd on it and not let them get ahead.  Said last week I would take a draw nothing has changed my mind in fact even more so now
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #29: Mar 10, 2024 03:09:07 pm
      Staying in a cottage middle of nowhere in Donegal.

Thought I'd have internet but not working and no satellite so I'll miss this one.

Only got signal down in the town here and heading back now :lmao:
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Reply #30: Mar 10, 2024 03:09:23 pm
      Lot of negativity about. Sparta are not City and maybe the plan was to give Robbo time V SP...but he might not be fully ready for this. Ditto Mo.

Need to start with believe rather than the...'Oh no' vibes.
      Maybe he's been dropped?...I thought he was poor the other night
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #31: Mar 10, 2024 03:11:39 pm
      Worried if I'm honest. Nothing against quansah. But you need your experience in these big games. Leaving Robertson out is bizarre ... to my eyes anyway. Not knocking anyone before people start kicking off ... but I'm flabbergasted. City will be licking their lips I think. Should have been Joey with Virg and Robbo at left back. Hes the best left back in the world.

As for Mo .... disappointed to be honest. But if he's not fully ready I understand it. I just want our best available out there while it's 0-0.

I'm not sure current Robertson is the best LB in the world to be fair
      Don77

• 6,541 posts | 1091 
      Reply #32: Mar 10, 2024 03:11:58 pm
      Only playing 20 or so mins after being out for nearly 2 months made me think he wouldn't play. Not bothered about Joe playing as deserves it over Robbo who hasn't been great . Konte an absolute shocker of a miss . Going to well up against it but how many times have we said that . First 25 mins absolutely crucial need the crowd on it and not let them get ahead.  Said last week I would take a draw nothing has changed my mind in fact even more so now

Gomez isn't a left back. And robbo was out for a while. He's world class and one of our leaders. You see it different, it's all good mate but Robbo should be out there in my view and Gomez, a centre half next to Virg. Clear as day in my opinion.
      Don77

• 6,541 posts | 1091 
      Reply #33: Mar 10, 2024 03:13:51 pm

Better than Gomez who is a centre half. People seem to forget Robbo was out a while. He's proven class and brings it in these games. Quansah is not a better option than Gomez at CB and Gomez is not a better option than Robbo at LB. That's my view. But it is what it is. That's the team ... get on with it.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #34: Mar 10, 2024 03:16:39 pm
      The fitness issues are what they are. Personally I’m delighted for Elliot. Both him and Jota have been the unsung heroes of the season. They’ve both turned up when it matters. So up for this. COYR.
      Don77

• 6,541 posts | 1091 
      Reply #35: Mar 10, 2024 03:16:39 pm
      City at full strength ... no injuries. No excuses for them today. Hoping for a big game from our midfield. Silva kdb rodri against our 3 is key to stopping the supply to haaland foden and alvarez.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 420 
      Reply #36: Mar 10, 2024 03:18:42 pm

Definitely not but no idea why he's playing most of the game Thursday and not today.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #37: Mar 10, 2024 03:19:00 pm
      Gomez isn't a left back. And robbo was out for a while. He's world class and one of our leaders. You see it different, it's all good mate but Robbo should be out there in my view and Gomez, a centre half next to Virg. Clear as day in my opinion.

I would prefer Gomez at CB which would.then mean Robbo starts but if it was straight choice with Gomez and Robbo not much in course Robbo gives us more attacking prowess maybe trying to keep tight and have Robbo as an option if we.need goals
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #38: Mar 10, 2024 03:20:00 pm
      City at full strength ... no injuries. No excuses for them today. Hoping for a big game from our midfield. Silva kdb rodri against our 3 is key to stopping the supply to haaland foden and alvarez.
      They do have a few injuries, Doku and Grealish namely, certainly one of them would have started on that left side if fit. But pales in comparison to our injuries and it makes little difference to them as they can just put in Alvarez and probably slightly shift the tactics.

Would be interesting to see them with 9/10 injuries like we have done for a large part of the season.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 420 
      Reply #39: Mar 10, 2024 03:20:45 pm
      Yes mate it is unlucky seeing as Konate was probably ready to be taken off anyway in a matter of minutes. I’m not really sure who you expected to be out there, what if we had played Virg and he got injured?

This is nothing to do with Klopp, it’s just sheer bad fortune that we are picking up this many injuries.

I dont know I know in Europe you have to name a squad of however many players but I was really hoping all our best players would be wrapped up for today.

The team for Thursday is stronger than this team today and that just can't be right.
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #40: Mar 10, 2024 03:23:37 pm
      Maybe he's been dropped?...I thought he was poor the other night

Coming back from injury is never easy and Robbo is no spring chicken. So they assessed him and decided to keep him back. Then Timmy or Joe. Joe is fully up to speed and is in top form. Quansah has done well, this is a huge step forward and but they think he can handle it.

Mo on from the off or on after 55-60 mins. Boss was clear, and he's on the bench.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #41: Mar 10, 2024 03:24:30 pm
      https://x.com/thisisanfield/status/1766844954305818946?s=46

Find that really strange to be honest. Surely Kostas should have played Thursday to leave Robbo ready for today.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #42: Mar 10, 2024 03:29:05 pm
      I’m hoping for a win of course but my one wish for today is that we get through the game with no sign of a stretcher or questions over how long one of our players is going to miss.

This feels like everything today but ultimately it’s not. We have so much to play for and I’m really hoping we can keep our remaining lads fit and see the others start to return.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 420 
      Reply #43: Mar 10, 2024 03:29:34 pm

Find that really strange to be honest. Surely Kostas should have played Thursday to leave Robbo ready for today.

That's what I mean I'm sorry I love Jürgen, I love how we have done this season but I'm not sure what on earth we were hoping to achieve on Thursday. Don't want to offend anyone who loves the Europa League and of course it would be great to win it but I think Kloppo is taking that a bit too seriously when it offers opportunities to rest players and potentially still progress through it.
      Don77

• 6,541 posts | 1091 
      Reply #44: Mar 10, 2024 03:33:06 pm

Yep. Bizarre.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 420 
      Reply #45: Mar 10, 2024 03:33:46 pm
      Anyway I gotta get over it cos its getting me agitated. What's done is done. Good luck to the lads out there. Huge moments in the career of the Warrington Wall Quansah.

Quick Reply