Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v City?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      2 (2.4%)
      Jarell Quansah
      1 (1.2%)
      Conor Bradley
      2 (2.4%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      18 (21.2%)
      Wataru Endo
      17 (20%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      26 (30.6%)
      Harvey Elliott
      2 (2.4%)
      Luis Diaz
      14 (16.5%)
      Darwin Núñez
      2 (2.4%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Mohamed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Voting closed: Mar 14, 2024 05:46:30 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 7374 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Mar 10, 2024 07:33:18 pm
      We are brilliant.

God help them all
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #507: Mar 10, 2024 07:39:02 pm
      The game was there for us to take and we didn't get it done. Second half we played well but poor finish and poor final pass cost us. We worked the ball in so many dangerous situations but were unable to get the second.

Though Endo and Macca really effective in controlling the game in the middle. Other then the first 10 minutes citeh were not a threat through the middle and were not finding the space. Also give VvD and Janell major props for defending greatly in tough situations.

Real winner here was Arsenal. I get that lots of football left to play and there will be more twists to come but given what a win would of done morale and how well we played the second half just feel disappointed we didn't take the opportunity to get three points
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #508: Mar 10, 2024 07:40:01 pm
      Q. Has the integrity of this league been compromised?

A.......er...yes.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #509: Mar 10, 2024 07:58:35 pm
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #510: Mar 10, 2024 08:11:04 pm
      Hallaand must feel dizzy he was running from one person's pocket to the other.  Whether that was VVD's to Quansah's to Endo's!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #511: Mar 10, 2024 08:11:42 pm
      The game was there for us to take and we didn't get it done. Second half we played well but poor finish and poor final pass cost us. We worked the ball in so many dangerous situations but were unable to get the second.

Though Endo and Macca really effective in controlling the game in the middle. Other then the first 10 minutes citeh were not a threat through the middle and were not finding the space. Also give VvD and Janell major props for defending greatly in tough situations.

Real winner here was Arsenal. I get that lots of football left to play and there will be more twists to come but given what a win would of done morale and how well we played the second half just feel disappointed we didn't take the opportunity to get three points

City hit the woodwork twice second half even when we played really well so maybe a point is fair.

Arsenal are only the winners if they go to City and win next weekend. If they draw and we beat Brighton then the gap goes back to what it was before this weekend.
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 573 
      Reply #512: Mar 10, 2024 08:11:53 pm
      I really think if we would have won somehow it would have been massive for the title. As it stands we haven’t beaten city arsenal spurs or even utd so far. It’s very rare you can win a title without winning at least 1 huge game. It might have to be nEverton away
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #513: Mar 10, 2024 08:16:25 pm
      I really think if we would have won somehow it would have been massive for the title. As it stands we haven’t beaten city arsenal spurs or even utd so far. It’s very rare you can win a title without winning at least 1 huge game. It might have to be nEverton away

Villa, Spurs and Everton will be big wins if we can get it done mate.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Reply #514: Mar 10, 2024 08:22:31 pm
      City hit the woodwork twice second half even when we played really well so maybe a point is fair.

Arsenal are only the winners if they go to City and win next weekend. If they draw and we beat Brighton then the gap goes back to what it was before this weekend.
      Arsenal will not beat City in at the Ethihad.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Reply #515: Mar 10, 2024 08:23:53 pm
      There's still a quarter of the season to play.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 420 
      Reply #516: Mar 10, 2024 08:26:30 pm
      I think overall its a good point. Especially with the starting XI and the scoreline at HT.

Could have been better but if you have a gander at the table we are bang in this race  considering its Arsenal v City next in the league.

Need to get players fit and firing and we can have a proper go at it.

On to the next huge game. Be lovely to end Uniteds season at weekend.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #517: Mar 10, 2024 08:27:36 pm
      Arsenal will not beat City in at the Ethihad.

Agreed, I'd be very surprised if Arsenal go there and turn them over.

Just need to get back to winning ways against Brighton and put the pressure back on those two.
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #518: Mar 10, 2024 09:02:02 pm
      Just finished watching the game -- was delayed a few hours for a birthday party....

First off, what a game?!?!?  If you're a neutral, that is why you tune in to watch this fixture!!!  If that ends up being the last match in the Jürgen v Pep rivalry, then it will be a fitting  end.  It was an enthralling match!!!

But most importantly, how F***ing amazing were the boys today?!?!?  So many fans were nervous when the team sheet was released (some even seemed to be throwing in the towel before the match even kicked off), but the lads put in a huge shift and we were unlucky not to take all 3 points in my opinion. 

What a game Reds!!!  YNWA
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #519: Mar 10, 2024 09:07:43 pm
      Agreed, I'd be very surprised if Arsenal go there and turn them over.

Just need to get back to winning ways against Brighton and put the pressure back on those two.

I have a feeling we can really go on a winning run now! Take it to the wire.

Villa and Everton away will be F***ing hard and spurs will be a mental game considering how that team plays. But we can do it!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #520: Mar 10, 2024 09:26:55 pm
      I have a feeling we can really go on a winning run now! Take it to the wire.

Villa and Everton away will be F***ing hard and spurs will be a mental game considering how that team plays. But we can do it!

Yep, I'm feeling much more optimistic after seeing how hard we fought today. Actually not just today but overall how well we've dug in since that hammer blow at Brentford where four key players got injured.

We've pretty much kept pace with two top sides that have hardly any injuries and won a trophy in that period. Hopefully the next time we're playing in the league we'll have more players back and we'll be ready to give it a real go.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 165 
      Reply #521: Mar 10, 2024 09:57:59 pm
      Virgil Mac and Endo were excellent.

Virgil bossed Haaland all game.
      Endo bossed KDB all game.
      Mac just did a bit of everything.

Shout out to Bradley too who kept Alvarez quiet and Diaz who gave Walker a torrid time....shame he couldn't top his performance off with a winner.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #522: Mar 10, 2024 10:51:25 pm
      Grav,Jones ,Trent will all be back for.Brighton hopefully  not sure on Ali. Ibou hopefully back for.FA cup.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,332 posts | 281 
      Reply #523: Mar 10, 2024 11:05:28 pm
      There's 30 points to play for yet, someone said earlier it's not in our hands well it sort of is, we may make up the GD on Arsenal yet there's 10 games left.
      This is wide open, City still favourites for me with us 2nd favs. Mind you I would've still said City favourites if we'd have won just taking the ultra cautious approach.
      Villa, Spurs will be tough games and I'm worried about going to Goodison and Old Trafford , I got told off the other day on here for saying that its just those sad cu*ts will fight like their lives depend on it if it means denying us.
      Either way we CAN win this.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 673 posts | 87 
      Reply #524: Mar 10, 2024 11:13:07 pm
      There's 30 points to play for yet, someone said earlier it's not in our hands well it sort of is, we may make up the GD on Arsenal yet there's 10 games left.
      This is wide open, City still favourites for me with us 2nd favs. Mind you I would've still said City favourites if we'd have won just taking the ultra cautious approach.
      Villa, Spurs will be tough games and I'm worried about going to Goodison and Old Trafford , I got told off the other day on here for saying that its just those sad cu*ts will fight like their lives depend on it if it means denying us.
      Either way we CAN win this.
      One game at a time, Europe mid-week,, FA Cup, then an international break then our next league game in three weeks. Should give us time to get a few players back, thought Szob looked a bit lost today, needs minutes.

It is in our hands, can see Citeh winning ten out of ten so we have to as well.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #525: Mar 10, 2024 11:19:13 pm
      Thought Elliot had his best game for us today. Given the occasion and the opposition, he was brilliant. Endo too.

For me, if we lost the title by 5 points or less, VAR would have played an undeniably enormous part in that.

Spurs away, Arsenal, and City at home.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #526: Mar 10, 2024 11:25:56 pm

Seriously.......how fkn good is this kid?

Never seen a midfielder own the league like this first season.......
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 673 posts | 87 
      Reply #527: Mar 10, 2024 11:31:14 pm
      Thought Elliot had his best game for us today. Given the occasion and the opposition, he was brilliant. Endo too.

For me, if we lost the title by 5 points or less, VAR would have played an undeniably enormous part in that.

Spurs away, Arsenal, and City at home.
      I think every team will have their own woes. Look at the Grealish incident for example.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #528: Mar 11, 2024 12:43:40 am
      Thoroughly enjoyed that today. What a team we have. Despite some very questionable decisions that was a cracking game of football..

Quick Reply