Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v City?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      2 (2.4%)
      Jarell Quansah
      1 (1.2%)
      Conor Bradley
      2 (2.4%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      18 (21.2%)
      Wataru Endo
      17 (20%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      26 (30.6%)
      Harvey Elliott
      2 (2.4%)
      Luis Diaz
      14 (16.5%)
      Darwin Núñez
      2 (2.4%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Mohamed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Voting closed: Mar 14, 2024 05:46:30 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 7365 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,179 posts | 1097 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Mar 11, 2024 01:50:38 am
      Amazing team. Great game. It's on

I think all 3 teams could drop points, but we may honestly have to win out to win the league. But that can't be the mentality. The mantra the rest ofnthe way in the league has to be "just win today". Rest will take care of itself.

I said all week that if we didn't lose today we would be Champs. I'm standing by it

YNWA
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #530: Mar 11, 2024 04:35:02 am
      We could have won. VVD, Endo, Mac Allister and Nunez really stood out. VVD showed why he's the best and also how much he wants us to win. Great leadership.

Bradley, Elliott and Gomez are really paying back Klopp's trust. I am still very disappointed by Diaz. He could have won us the game but did not.
      We put the spotlight on Nunez due to the fee but I say that Diaz has not delivered yet. I'm more worried about him than Nunez.

Szobo seemed a bit overwhelmed, and lacked his usual confidence. I think he's putting so much pressure on himself.

We can still win this league but we need luck with referees, VAR and injuries. We need players available to give their best.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,762 posts | 6723 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #531: Mar 11, 2024 06:13:15 am
      Made me sick when they scored from a training yard drill. Seen Pep point to one of his staff and say well done....wanted to vomit.

But I never had a doubt we would score and when we did, I thought that's it, we are winning this.

Saw Diaz thru on goal, jumped up in anticipation, only to throw the remote and wake up everyone in the house. Farrrkkkkkk

Then that absolute baffling decision not to award us a stoppage time penalty ...F**k sake!!!!

One thing the whole world can see, apart from the blatant cheating against us is, they are beatable. There's nothing that special about them. We had 4 or 5 reg 1st starters missing, they had a full squad and we put them to the sword in that 2nd half and should have come away with all 3 points.

Now if every other Team decided to have a go at them, instead of shitting their pants, City and their Fans will start to think they aren't fkn invincible!

Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #532: Mar 11, 2024 07:44:25 am
      Made me sick when they scored from a training yard drill. Seen Pep point to one of his staff and say well done....wanted to vomit.

But I never had a doubt we would score and when we did, I thought that's it, we are winning this.

Saw Diaz thru on goal, jumped up in anticipation, only to throw the remote and wake up everyone in the house. Farrrkkkkkk

Then that absolute baffling decision not to award us a stoppage time penalty ...F**k sake!!!!

One thing the whole world can see, apart from the blatant cheating against us is, they are beatable. There's nothing that special about them. We had 4 or 5 reg 1st starters missing, they had a full squad and we put them to the sword in that 2nd half and should have come away with all 3 points.

Now if every other Team decided to have a go at them, instead of shitting their pants, City and their Fans will start to think they aren't fkn invincible!
      Bang on mate, city also like getting there own way & have done for a very long while & when they don’t there F***ing heads fall off seen it against Bournemouth & against us yesterday
      Like you’ve pointed out in your post if you get into them like we did yesterday they are very easily rattled .
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,762 posts | 6723 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #533: Mar 11, 2024 07:49:08 am
      Bang on mate, city also like getting there own way & have done for a very long while & when they don’t there F***ing heads fall off seen it against Bournemouth & against us yesterday
      Like you’ve pointed out in your post if you get into them like we did yesterday they are very easily rattled .

They were well and truly rattled Bud.

They most likely thinking, Thank F**k we got out of that with a Draw.

We're thinking, Fuckkkkking gutted, 2 points dropped.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 877 posts | 102 
      Reply #534: Mar 11, 2024 08:10:53 am
      Makes you wonder about the entitlement of city players when they know that strings are pulled behind the scenes for them..sickening
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #535: Mar 11, 2024 08:54:22 am
      Seen Pep point to one of his staff and say well done....wanted to vomit.

Same!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #536: Mar 11, 2024 12:29:20 pm
      If you weren’t aware already of the blatant bias towards the frauds then you only have to listen to some of sh*te been spoken about how City were off their game and on another day would got the win, …..Yet not a mention of how we totally outplayed them second half, could have should and would have won if Diaz had his scoring boots on, had been awarded that stone wall penalty for Doku’s high boot to Macca’s chest inside the box, and if VAR had told Oliver to look at the pitchside monitor,

Once again we’ve been victim of decisions that are normally looked at but weren’t, was a blatant foul inside the box, re Mane on Ederson, Mane shown a Red card….for dangerous play…F**k all for Doku…similarly high boot inside the box….stone wall penalty at least….and last week we got a goal disallowed because Endo apparently blocked a opponent from reaching Virgil, look at Ake preventing Macca reaching the ball for their goal and tell me the difference ??

Add all that to Odegaard’s blatant hand ball, and the onside goal Vs Spuds from Diaz given offside and the KUNTS couldn’t be arsed to stop the game for the few seconds it would have taken to reverse their blatant error, !!

Yet we don’t see City or their sh*t fans complain about VAR, I wonder why ??

Corrupt ? Maybe not but there’s most definitely a bias against our club, and those who don’t want to see us win the title, and that is as plain as Diaz was onside, as plain as the Odegaard hand ball, and as plain as Doku’s high boot to the chest which was endangering a opponent inside the box….a foul….and therefore a penalty !!!

Now they can dress it up any way they like, but LETTER of the Law says it was a dangerous high boot endangering a player so should have been a Red card and a stone wall penalty!!!

YNWA
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #537: Mar 11, 2024 12:51:46 pm
      If we keep up this form, I don’t see us losing to anyone. Our depleted squad has peaked at the right time.

Endo, the over rated, over aged, untested and a waste of money ! Why didn’t we buy a young prem proven No6 🤷‍♂️
      Why did we have to settle for the cheap option again ?
      You know, the one who just tore KDB, the golden boy of European football a new arse ?
      The one who was hooked throwing a tantrum because he couldn’t get a kick of the ball 😂😂😂😂😂😂
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #538: Mar 11, 2024 01:02:05 pm
      3 times this season refs and VAR have robbed Liverpool.
      This team fighting for everything despite the obvious corruption.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #539: Mar 11, 2024 02:22:19 pm
      …and last week we got a goal disallowed because Endo apparently blocked an opponent from reaching Virgil, look at Ake preventing Macca reaching the ball for their goal and tell me the difference ??
      While I still don’t agree with it, the issue with Endo was not the block but the fact that he was doing it from an offside position. The City one was from a corner so obviously no question of offside. Don’t have any complaints with their goal.
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1401 
      Reply #540: Mar 11, 2024 02:30:08 pm
      Far be it etc etc. But there should be some kind of demo against VAR. I'll start the ball rolling..

VAR out..

That'll put the Eartha Kitts up them..
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1401 
      Reply #541: Mar 11, 2024 02:32:37 pm
      While I still don’t agree with it, the issue with Endo was not the block but the fact that he was doing it from an offside position. The City one was from a corner so obviously no question of offside. Don’t have any complaints with their goal.

It was a 50/50 push'n'shove in the league cup final and it played no part in the goal...they were looking for it.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 774 
      Reply #542: Mar 11, 2024 03:00:42 pm
      It was a 50/50 push'n'shove in the league cup final and it played no part in the goal...they were looking for it.
      Due 100% to the result at Wembley....I'm sooooo over that non-goal.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #543: Mar 11, 2024 03:33:38 pm
      Though we played City of the park especially in the second half, City played well first 15 min but after that we bossed the game, VVD showed how good he is again, conceding we had 3 of our back 4 out he kept City at bay, only real criticism was our finishing, Salah wasn’t fit, thought Elliot and Endo run their hearts out, Mac was outstanding and Diaz never give up
       Again the finishing from Diaz was poor and kept trying to run with the ball for too long. And how wasn’t a penalty given at the end, onwards and bring on Ushited
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #544: Mar 11, 2024 03:46:16 pm
      Chalk another off. Still in our hands with ten games to go and we've got through a game that almost everybody was writing off when the teams were announced. We should have won and as much as the officials cheated us out of a blatant penalty at the very end, we cheated ourselves out of three points by missing a number of clear cut chances.

But it showed two things - one, we're a F***ing great team who everybody is shaking at the thought of playing. Two, Man City are nowhere near as invincible as some make out. We played them off the park. We made them change their tactic and forced them into knocking it long, rather than playing out from the back. We kept their stars players quiet for large parts of it.

Our line up wasn't the problem either with the result. Nor was playing who we played in Prague. As I said, we had more than enough chances to win that game comfortably. And Luis Diaz wasn't the only one guilty of spurning chances.

Of course though some talk will be about the officials because yet again against a "top four" rival, we've come on the wrong end of a huge decision. Chelsea on the opening day we have a blatant handball turned down against us, against United we had a blatant handball turned down against us, against Arsenal we had a blatant handball turned against us, Spurs - well we all know what happend on that game, against Newcastle Van Dijk is wrongly sent off and now yesterday. These are the games that determine who finishes in the top four or even win the League and these are the games where the huge decisions are clearly going against us. There's no gurantee we score the penalties we should have been awarded but it's a safe bet that if we had been given them we'd be a lot better off than just joint top.

But top we are. Despite the system doing their best to ensure we don't win the League, we are top and that's because we've got a F***ing squad brimming with quality and fight. We've also got the greatest manager in the world.

Kelleher - another good performance from the stand in keeper. Couldn't do much with the goal. I really like how he's happy to go long with his passing rather than force ourselves to play it short and come under pressure. There's no harm in playing like Wimbledon every now and then. It gets us up the pitch and gives us a chance to win the second ball (if Nunez doesn't win the header) in more dangerous areas.

Bradley - thought he was outstanding again as a defender. Maybe had a couple of chances that he could/should have shot at the other end of the park but from a defensive point of view - top quality. Was surprised to see him brought off really because I thought he was one of our best performers.

Quansah - was almost written off when the game started because Haaland was just gonna bully him and Bradley. Guess what - he F***ing didn't. Jarell had him in his pocket all game. Superb from the young lad. And we can add this performance to the ever increasing games he's played where we've got a lad we can trust to perform.

Van Dijk - like Quansah next to him, he was immense. Honestly wouldn't know Haaland was playing other than one run at Virg, where the skipper just made the ugly c**t do whatever Virg wanted him to. Clearly back to his very best.

Gomez - had a poor first half, got done a few times and couldn't even bring them down properly. Got better as the game went on though. Wouldn't of been surprised to see him subbed instead of Bradley but I'm not Jürgen.

Mac Allister - starting to cement himself into our best XI now. Not just for his goal but his all round play. Looks like we've got ourselves another deadly taker from the spot though in the mould of Milner. And we all know he should have won us a pen in the dying seconds of the game but you can't cater for cheats - guess we should have known that after Bernado Silva avoided a yellow card for shoving Mac in the back twenty minutes after the ball had been played.

Endo - I remember saying a few months back that this lad wasn't brought into be world class and he never would be but F**k me he's getting close to it. Absolutely brilliant yesterday. You won't find many games where De Bruyne is kept as quiet as he was by Endo. Love this man.

Szoboszlai - had a quiet start to the game but as soon as he had that header that he should have done a lot better with he came alive and started running the show.

Elliott - plenty of hard work again from Harvey but not much in terms of input in the final third - bar that one cross from Dom. He'll graft all day for us though and that alone will give him some support from the fans.

Nunez - frustrating from Darwin yesterday as he just kept going offside with no reason to. Also missed a chance from point blank range, though I think it was more of a good save from Ortega than a miss from Nunez. Great awareness to win the pen though. And as always, he keeps the opposition occupied.

Diaz - one of those days for Lucho unfortunately, where all the big chances fell to him and he couldn't take them. He had one not long ago but did end up scoring eventually (can't remember the game) but yesterday he just couldn't get the ball in the net. And it cost us, more so than the last minute decision in my opinion. But I still love him and think he's easily our best left winger.

Robertson - didn't do a great deal other than that wonderful ball in for the Nunez chance. His set piece delivery wasn't the best either, think every one of them was met by a City head first.

Salah - would of loved him to start but he didn't and when he did come on made a mess of almost anything. Poor delivery in the box, caught offside far too easily and ultimately looked like a lad who was just coming from injury.

Gakpo - had one good driving run through the middle of the park but very little else.

Overall, it's a game that was given to City by most beforehand and afterwards it's them celebrating a point and us fuming that we've dropped two because we F***ing twatted that small time club.

A little bit more luck, or just one finish to go our way, and we're dancing around. As it is, it's Liverpool and we're not keen on doing things the easy way so it should be expected that we'd slip up somewhere. But win our next game and we're back top with just nine games to go.

Couldn't be any prouder of the fight and passion shown by the lads yesterday.

Keep doing what we're doing Reds and we win the F***ing lot - starting by knocking that other bunch of cu*ts from Manchester out the FA Cup next Sunday.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #545: Mar 11, 2024 04:52:11 pm
      Chalk another off. Still in our hands with ten games to go and we've got through a game that almost everybody was writing off when the teams were announced. We should have won and as much as the officials cheated us out of a blatant penalty at the very end, we cheated ourselves out of three points by missing a number of clear cut chances.

But it showed two things - one, we're a F***ing great team who everybody is shaking at the thought of playing. Two, Man City are nowhere near as invincible as some make out. We played them off the park. We made them change their tactic and forced them into knocking it long, rather than playing out from the back. We kept their stars players quiet for large parts of it.

Our line up wasn't the problem either with the result. Nor was playing who we played in Prague. As I said, we had more than enough chances to win that game comfortably. And Luis Diaz wasn't the only one guilty of spurning chances.

Of course though some talk will be about the officials because yet again against a "top four" rival, we've come on the wrong end of a huge decision. Chelsea on the opening day we have a blatant handball turned down against us, against United we had a blatant handball turned down against us, against Arsenal we had a blatant handball turned against us, Spurs - well we all know what happend on that game, against Newcastle Van Dijk is wrongly sent off and now yesterday. These are the games that determine who finishes in the top four or even win the League and these are the games where the huge decisions are clearly going against us. There's no gurantee we score the penalties we should have been awarded but it's a safe bet that if we had been given them we'd be a lot better off than just joint top.

But top we are. Despite the system doing their best to ensure we don't win the League, we are top and that's because we've got a F***ing squad brimming with quality and fight. We've also got the greatest manager in the world.

Kelleher - another good performance from the stand in keeper. Couldn't do much with the goal. I really like how he's happy to go long with his passing rather than force ourselves to play it short and come under pressure. There's no harm in playing like Wimbledon every now and then. It gets us up the pitch and gives us a chance to win the second ball (if Nunez doesn't win the header) in more dangerous areas.

Bradley - thought he was outstanding again as a defender. Maybe had a couple of chances that he could/should have shot at the other end of the park but from a defensive point of view - top quality. Was surprised to see him brought off really because I thought he was one of our best performers.

Quansah - was almost written off when the game started because Haaland was just gonna bully him and Bradley. Guess what - he F***ing didn't. Jarell had him in his pocket all game. Superb from the young lad. And we can add this performance to the ever increasing games he's played where we've got a lad we can trust to perform.

Van Dijk - like Quansah next to him, he was immense. Honestly wouldn't know Haaland was playing other than one run at Virg, where the skipper just made the ugly c**t do whatever Virg wanted him to. Clearly back to his very best.

Gomez - had a poor first half, got done a few times and couldn't even bring them down properly. Got better as the game went on though. Wouldn't of been surprised to see him subbed instead of Bradley but I'm not Jürgen.

Mac Allister - starting to cement himself into our best XI now. Not just for his goal but his all round play. Looks like we've got ourselves another deadly taker from the spot though in the mould of Milner. And we all know he should have won us a pen in the dying seconds of the game but you can't cater for cheats - guess we should have known that after Bernado Silva avoided a yellow card for shoving Mac in the back twenty minutes after the ball had been played.

Endo - I remember saying a few months back that this lad wasn't brought into be world class and he never would be but F**k me he's getting close to it. Absolutely brilliant yesterday. You won't find many games where De Bruyne is kept as quiet as he was by Endo. Love this man.

Szoboszlai - had a quiet start to the game but as soon as he had that header that he should have done a lot better with he came alive and started running the show.

Elliott - plenty of hard work again from Harvey but not much in terms of input in the final third - bar that one cross from Dom. He'll graft all day for us though and that alone will give him some support from the fans.

Nunez - frustrating from Darwin yesterday as he just kept going offside with no reason to. Also missed a chance from point blank range, though I think it was more of a good save from Ortega than a miss from Nunez. Great awareness to win the pen though. And as always, he keeps the opposition occupied.

Diaz - one of those days for Lucho unfortunately, where all the big chances fell to him and he couldn't take them. He had one not long ago but did end up scoring eventually (can't remember the game) but yesterday he just couldn't get the ball in the net. And it cost us, more so than the last minute decision in my opinion. But I still love him and think he's easily our best left winger.

Robertson - didn't do a great deal other than that wonderful ball in for the Nunez chance. His set piece delivery wasn't the best either, think every one of them was met by a City head first.

Salah - would of loved him to start but he didn't and when he did come on made a mess of almost anything. Poor delivery in the box, caught offside far too easily and ultimately looked like a lad who was just coming from injury.

Gakpo - had one good driving run through the middle of the park but very little else.

Overall, it's a game that was given to City by most beforehand and afterwards it's them celebrating a point and us fuming that we've dropped two because we F***ing twatted that small time club.

A little bit more luck, or just one finish to go our way, and we're dancing around. As it is, it's Liverpool and we're not keen on doing things the easy way so it should be expected that we'd slip up somewhere. But win our next game and we're back top with just nine games to go.

Couldn't be any prouder of the fight and passion shown by the lads yesterday.

Keep doing what we're doing Reds and we win the F***ing lot - starting by knocking that other bunch of cu*ts from Manchester out the FA Cup next Sunday.

for me 10/10 for everyone.

Brilliant shutting that lot and the pundits up.

We were robbed at the end.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1630 
      Reply #546: Mar 11, 2024 05:45:17 pm
      Don’t usually do it but put  that shower of sh*te from talk sh*te on, on the way home from work , don’t usually listen to it anymore as that Bent grates on me , anyway that same fcker Bent on that non penalty, and this c**t is getting paid to say this mind ,
      Anywhere else on the field and that’s a free kick but because it’s in the box it’s not one , I mean fckin really , and the reason why this is the best bit Mac allister led with his chest Fckin really and that useless c**t by the side of him agreed , also he believed that the ref and var didn’t want to influence a game like that in the last minute with a pen , it shouldn’t matter a fck what Fckin minute it’s in be it the first or last turned the cu*ts off after that couldn’t listen to any more sh*te .
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #547: Mar 11, 2024 06:57:09 pm
      Pep certainly relieved to come away with a point. A game in which the Reds certainly finished on top, thought the whole team played their part,  deserving all three points.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #548: Mar 14, 2024 01:51:32 pm
      Quote from Harrisimo
      Far be it etc etc. But there should be some kind of demo against VAR. I'll start the ball rolling..

VAR out.

I think you'll get more support for your demonstration, if you agree that you will

• Never again complain about a Diaz incident given offside wrongly on the pitch
      • Never again complain about our strong penalty claims not given on the pitch
      • Never again complain about penalties wrongly given against us on the pitch, e.g. diving offences, fictitious handballs
      • Never again complain about goals scored against us by a handball.
      • Never again complain about our player(s) wrongly dismissed for mistaken identity.

No? Grand, I propose we have a counter demonstration, as I will be in residence for the next 2 league games.

Actually, I don't need to propose anything. We now have a system with 96% accuracy, and if it does step in on the night, I will sit there and wait as long as it takes without any protest, so that justice is done and we see fair play enforced on the field.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #549: Mar 14, 2024 02:12:27 pm
      I think you'll get more support for your demonstration, if you agree that you will

• Never again complain about a Diaz incident given offside wrongly on the pitch
      • Never again complain about our strong penalty claims not given on the pitch
      • Never again complain about penalties wrongly given against us on the pitch, e.g. diving offences, fictitious handballs
      • Never again complain about goals scored against us by a handball.
      • Never again complain about our player(s) wrongly dismissed for mistaken identity.

No? Grand, I propose we have a counter demonstration, as I will be in residence for the next 2 league games.

Actually, I don't need to propose anything. We now have a system with 96% accuracy, and if it does step in on the night, I will sit there and wait as long as it takes without any protest, so that justice is done and we see fair play enforced on the field.

96% isn't good enough.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 774 
      Reply #550: Mar 14, 2024 03:21:24 pm
      It isn't 96%....It's actually an unknowable percent apart from lines drawn for offside. ALL the other calls are subjective, and therefore open to interpretation, there can never be 100% agreement on these calls.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #551: Mar 15, 2024 04:27:36 pm

Quick Reply