Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

The Run In

Read 18905 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,262 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: The Run In
      Reply #115: Apr 06, 2024 08:27:04 pm
      Just seen 4 of our next 5 league games are away from home. How the F**k did that come about?

The referees from Manchester set it up.  :f_whistle:
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 1111 
      Reply #116: Apr 06, 2024 10:07:05 pm
      Starting to feel like we may have to be perfect the rest of the way :o
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #117: Apr 07, 2024 12:06:55 am
      Challenge accepted.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #118: Apr 07, 2024 12:30:24 am
      I don't think City will lose a game...they might not win all of them...but we should assume they'll win them all. Arsenal also, we have to assume they'll win all their games...I don't think they will...but they could. We have to try to win all our remaining games...as we do in all games...again I'm not sure we'll win them all.
      I think it's going to the last day.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 1111 
      Reply #119: Apr 07, 2024 04:17:51 am
      I just hope Keith is sad af tomorrow. One game at a time boys
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,262 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #120: Apr 07, 2024 07:13:24 am
      I just hope Keith is sad af tomorrow. One game at a time boys

I was thinking same of you lot. 😂
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #121: Apr 07, 2024 07:45:20 am
      Around their tougher CL games is where they drop points I think. If somehow both city, and arsenal  manage to qualify, they will face each other.

Although I expected Brighton to do something, oh well, next game then.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 848 posts | 303 
      Reply #122: Apr 07, 2024 08:37:22 am
      I don't think City will lose a game...they might not win all of them...but we should assume they'll win them all. Arsenal also, we have to assume they'll win all their games...I don't think they will...but they could. We have to try to win all our remaining games...as we do in all games...again I'm not sure we'll win them all.
      I think it's going to the last day.

This. We've got to assume that we need to win every league game to win the title and I think Jürgen and the players are aware of this and focused on winning them all. Obviously, all 3 teams have the potential to drop points. I'm looking at teams who still have something to play for as the tough games, Spurs, Villa, West Ham and United who are fighting for European football next season, but City also have games against Luton and Forest who are need points to stay in the league. They will be very strong favourites to win those games but even a draw would end their title hopes, they are already a few points behind us and Arsenal and probably can't afford to drop even 2 more points.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #123: Apr 07, 2024 09:25:37 am
      I was thinking same of you lot. 😂

Let’s all be happy. We win and we are happy. For you, stay happy because you’re used to losing and that isn’t a big deal! :lmao:

We’re all happy after 90m  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #124: Apr 07, 2024 02:47:25 pm
      Isn’t it the run in to the semi finals of the FA Cup mate?  :f_whistle: Who did you draw mate?  :lmao:

No one gives a F**k Keith.

All about the title ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #125: Apr 07, 2024 02:48:09 pm

Just. F***ing. Win.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #126: Apr 07, 2024 07:32:05 pm
      Could be a valuable point but it really does feel like we have to win out from here on in.

For me though, it seems we are simply too wasteful in front of goal whilst making mistakes that lead to goals at the back. I’m not feeling particularly confident. We could really do with Jota coming back strong and carrying on from where he left off.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6422 
      Reply #127: Apr 07, 2024 07:33:33 pm
      Still the least beaten team in the league?
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,247 posts | 1226 
      Reply #128: Apr 07, 2024 08:03:31 pm
      The result tilts the race in Arsenal/City's favour as despite being level with the leaders and a point ahead of City, we have the tougher run in (certainly compared with City). Players will need to start seriously upping their level if we are to win all the remaining games and we will need luck and a very significant impact from the returnees if we are to get it over the line.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,262 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #129: Apr 07, 2024 08:17:24 pm
      The result tilts the race in Arsenal/City's favour as despite being level with the leaders and a point ahead of City, we have the tougher run in (certainly compared with City). Players will need to start seriously upping their level if we are to win all the remaining games and we will need luck and a very significant impact from the returnees if we are to get it over the line.

I’m of the same opinion but then it’s never really changed.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #130: Apr 07, 2024 09:24:31 pm
      Hard not to feel despondent after that result. They were there for the taking (much like the Anfield game), this is a really poor United team (not much better then they were under Solkjaer) and we simply couldn’t put the game to bed.

Just want Thursday’s game with Atalanta to come to hopefully the wash this one away.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #131: Apr 07, 2024 09:28:39 pm
      Hard not to feel despondent after that result. They were there for the taking (much like the Anfield game), this is a really poor United team (not much better then they were under Solkjaer) and we simply couldn’t put the game to bed.

Just want Thursday’s game with Atalanta to come to hopefully the wash this one away.

Tottenham and villa guarenteed cl football next season in 4th and 5th. They aint catching 3rd and united nowhere near in 6th.

Can see villa rolling over next week v arsenal and arsenal beating tottenham who will be already guarenteed CL next season.

If it was still top 4 ... it would be a right battle that could work for us maybe ... but not the case. United had their final league game today. Its all about the cup for them now.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #132: Apr 07, 2024 09:44:07 pm
      There's still loads of variables at play.

We're capable of raising our game and winning 7 on the spin especially if we get a boost from a couple of the injured lads coming back. Arsenal and City are capable too of course but with the former you could argue they're due a stinker somewhere down the line.

How are we going to deal with the Thursday/Sunday Europa schedule? How are City and Arsenal going to manage their CL quarter finals? How are they going to manage the league games either side of potentially having to play each other twice in a week in a European semi final? Arsenal fell apart last year with no European football so let's see how they deal with those added games.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 1111 
      Reply #133: Apr 07, 2024 10:15:01 pm
      I said it yesterday that I felt we would have to be perfect. I hope I'm wrong now 🤣

Arse seem to have put a lot of their issues behind them and they have the best defense in the league. I'm hoping that they beat Bayern and have to play City in the semi finals and that all the intensity is enough to make them slip up. Arteta is a good manager and like Klopp did with us, used our mistakes to teach us going forward. All we can do is win every game on the bounce and see if it's enough in the end.

I will say that I'm getting very disappointed in not winning these big games like this. Far too often we rely on our spirit and not enough on our quality. Tbf, that spirit has won us the lot during Klopp tenure and created priceless memory's for me and my boys. But the fact of the matter is we don't win a ton of big games away from Anfield, tbf l, we don't lose them either. But in this run in were gonna be required to win at Villa, Everton, Fulham, and WH.

Even in the cup finals under Klopp we've only won once in regulation (Madrid in 19). Two we've tlneeded 120 minutes and 3 we've needed pens to beat Chelsea. We have to be clinical in these big games and stop relying on "being tough to beat".

How brutal will it be to lose Klopps last season on GD? How sweet will it be to win it on the final day at Anfield? Time will tell
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #134: Apr 07, 2024 10:20:54 pm
      I said it yesterday that I felt we would have to be perfect. I hope I'm wrong now 🤣

Arse seem to have put a lot of their issues behind them and they have the best defense in the league. I'm hoping that they beat Bayern and have to play City in the semi finals and that all the intensity is enough to make them slip up. Arteta is a good manager and like Klopp did with us, used our mistakes to teach us going forward. All we can do is win every game on the bounce and see if it's enough in the end.

I will say that I'm getting very disappointed in not winning these big games like this. Far too often we rely on our spirit and not enough on our quality. Tbf, that spirit has won us the lot during Klopp tenure and created priceless memory's for me and my boys. But the fact of the matter is we don't win a ton of big games away from Anfield, tbf l, we don't lose them either. But in this run in were gonna be required to win at Villa, Everton, Fulham, and WH.

Even in the cup finals under Klopp we've only won once in regulation (Madrid in 19). Two we've tlneeded 120 minutes and 3 we've needed pens to beat Chelsea. We have to be clinical in these big games and stop relying on "being tough to beat".

How brutal will it be to lose Klopps last season on GD? How sweet will it be to win it on the final day at Anfield? Time will tell
      We lost it to Arsenal on goal difference in 1989...Still traumatised by it now!...They'll lose at least one game in the run in.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 1111 
      Reply #135: Apr 07, 2024 10:44:22 pm
      We've given up 4 goals since last Sunday. Arse have only given up 3 goals since February.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 290 
      Reply #136: Apr 07, 2024 10:52:52 pm
      I firmly believe we have to win all of our games now, it's a big ask and gonna be very difficult.
      I don't think Arsenal will win every game, City probably will.
      Just have to move on now.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,136 posts | 222 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #137: Apr 07, 2024 10:54:30 pm
      We've given up 4 goals since last Sunday. Arse have only given up 3 goals since February.

The best defences are usually the ones that win the titles aren't they? Really F***ing hope those mouthy North Londoners don't win sh*t.

Quick Reply