Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The Run In

Read 13366 times
      siavashiva and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,882 posts | 421 
      Re: The Run In
      Reply #207: Apr 15, 2024 08:57:18 am
      City win with something like a 5 point gap.

We want to be careful of Villa and Spurs now as we've got to play the pair of them.

Can't lose both or we're fighting for 3rd. This side showed last year and 3 years ago it is more than capable of losing a few on the bounce and it gets very difficult to stop it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,072 posts | 3437 
      Reply #208: Apr 15, 2024 09:04:33 am
      Can't lose both or we're fighting for 3rd. This side showed last year and 3 years ago it is more than capable of losing a few on the bounce and it gets very difficult to stop it.

It has also showed in other years it can bounce back - but if you just cherry pick specific years over a 5 year period then you can find something to fit your point

You picked a season where we lost 3 CBs and still bounced back to get into the CL

Even last season we managed to get a run going towards the end

We are two points off the top with 7 games to go - we are fighting for the title , we have shown many times we have rhe mentality and strength to turn things around

Seems like some fans have no belief in the players and the manager
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #209: Apr 15, 2024 09:39:06 am
      It has also showed in other years it can bounce back - but if you just cherry pick specific years over a 5 year period then you can find something to fit your point

You picked a season where we lost 3 CBs and still bounced back to get into the CL

Even last season we managed to get a run going towards the end

We are two points off the top with 7 games to go - we are fighting for the title , we have shown many times we have rhe mentality and strength to turn things around

Seems like some fans have no belief in the players and the manager

Can sometimes be a fine line between belief and reality though mate.

I believe we can go on another run but recent evidence suggests, and a lot of what we've seen through the season, that more slip ups could be on the way.

And even if we do finish with wins to the end could end up not being enough.

I feel well look back in this season in one of fantastic progress, more than we'd expected maybe, but ultimately one that our weaknesses were too much to gloss over.
      « Last Edit: Apr 15, 2024 11:42:38 am by srslfc »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,072 posts | 3437 
      Reply #210: Apr 15, 2024 09:57:14 am
      Can sometimes be a timeline between belief and reality though mate.

I believe we can go on another run but recent evidence suggests, and a lot of what we've seen through the season, that more slip ups could be on the way.

And even if we do finish with wins to the end could end up not being enough.

I feel well look back in this season in one of fantastic progress, more than we'd expected maybe, but ultimately one that our weaknesses were too much to gloss over.

It’s all about how someone wants to look on the season

At the start many were writing the team off , we had spent poorly in the summer , too many panic buys etc etc

Then the same people 6 months later calling the team bottlers and a joke because we aren’t cruising away with the title

The hyperboles across the season and the bedwetters are embarrassing

It’s been a heck of a season so far - far beyond what anyone expected

We have one trophy in the bag

We have a massive game to keep one alive

And 7 other games to win another

Even if we fall short in those two then it’s been a successful season and there is something for the club to build on for the new manager

It’s embarrassing though to see the teams own fans call them bottlers , jokes and then leap on every player thread to call them not good enough

The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 850 posts | 166 
      Reply #211: Apr 15, 2024 10:25:58 am
      Way I see it is technically we are in a title race, of course we are but I also understand a lot of fans when they say it's over.....it certainly feels that way.

City have their nose in front now and when they've been in this position, they don't slip up and it's easy to us falling even further away in the next 6-7 games anyway. We have to hope things turn drastically in our favour and with the luck we've had until now, I'm led to believe it's highly improbable.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,317 posts | 775 
      Reply #212: Apr 15, 2024 11:00:59 am
      It’s all about how someone wants to look on the season

At the start many were writing the team off , we had spent poorly in the summer , too many panic buys etc etc

Then the same people 6 months later calling the team bottlers and a joke because we aren’t cruising away with the title

The hyperboles across the season and the bedwetters are embarrassing

It’s been a heck of a season so far - far beyond what anyone expected

We have one trophy in the bag

We have a massive game to keep one alive

And 7 other games to win another

Even if we fall short in those two then it’s been a successful season and there is something for the club to build on for the new manager

It’s embarrassing though to see the teams own fans call them bottlers , jokes and then leap on every player thread to call them not good enough
      I can't imagine I'm the only one on here getting a bit tired of your pontifications about so-called negative views. You might want to change the record it's clear you don't like players being open to criticism. Your own posts have become both boring in their repetition and sanctimonious in tone.
      If some people want to say X or Y is a pile of Sh*t...that's their choice....They are words that carry no weight.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,072 posts | 3437 
      Reply #213: Apr 15, 2024 11:09:14 am
      I can't imagine I'm the only one on here getting a bit tired of your pontifications about so-called negative views. You might want to change the record it's clear you don't like players being open to criticism. Your own posts have become both boring in their repetition and sanctimonious in tone.
      If some people want to say X or Y is a pile of Sh*t...that's their choice....They are words that carry no weight.

And it’s my right on here to call out the social media bed wetters who post nothing but hyperbole about the players and the squad

There is a huge difference between someone being “constructive criticism” and valid areas of concern and potential improvements and some posters that flip flop and give very little insight beyond “sh*te” “not good enough” “bottlers” “joke”
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,317 posts | 775 
      Reply #214: Apr 15, 2024 11:20:36 am
      And it’s my right on here to call out the social media bed wetters who post nothing but hyperbole about the players and the squad

There is a huge difference between someone being “constructive criticism” and valid areas of concern and potential improvements and some posters that flip flop and give very little insight beyond “sh*te” “not good enough” “bottlers” “joke”
      Of course you have the right to say what you want...over and over and over again...Wind your neck in for an few hours.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,072 posts | 3437 
      Reply #215: Apr 15, 2024 11:23:56 am
      Of course you have the right to say what you want...over and over and over again...Wind your neck in for an few hours.

You are more the welcome to walk on by and not respond - it’s not compulsory or required to read
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #216: Apr 15, 2024 11:45:59 am
      Way I see it is technically we are in a title race, of course we are but I also understand a lot of fans when they say it's over.....it certainly feels that way.

City have their nose in front now and when they've been in this position, they don't slip up and it's easy to us falling even further away in the next 6-7 games anyway. We have to hope things turn drastically in our favour and with the luck we've had until now, I'm led to believe it's highly improbable.

Yea, the reality is we had it in our hands and now it's not.

Still think we could win all our remaining games, although I don't think we will, but I would have more confidence in betting City will win all theirs.

It's where we're at.

It has been a much stronger season than many of us thought but for me the weaknesses in our team has kind of come home to roost a little.

Simply cannot squander so many changes and on the flip side concede early goals in a season and realistically expect to keep up with a side like City.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 850 posts | 166 
      Reply #217: Apr 15, 2024 11:52:19 am
      Yea, the reality is we had it in our hands and now it's not.

Still think we could win all our remaining games, although I don't think we will, but I would have more confidence in betting City will win all theirs.

It's where we're at.

It has been a much stronger season than many of us thought but for me the weaknesses in our team has kind of come home to roost a little.

Simply cannot squander so many changes and on the flip side concede early goals in a season and realistically expect to keep up woth a side like City.

Absolutely.

It's important not to lose sight of this. It's very easy to get caught up in the emotions between the time of going into the FA cup game at Utd and now. Yes it's been one disappointment after the other but the bigger picture has to be looked at as well.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,518 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #218: Apr 15, 2024 12:05:10 pm
      Ok, enough wallowing for me. We sucked. That's history.

Reset, get our act together and remind others that we are a good side. Let's try and win every game that's left and let others worry about stuff. The players need our support. Let's go!

YNWA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #219: Apr 15, 2024 02:36:11 pm
      You are more the welcome to walk on by and not respond - it’s not compulsory or required to read

Dripping.with.irony. ;D
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,882 posts | 421 
      Reply #220: Apr 15, 2024 09:49:08 pm

Although not sure it was intentional.

If he wants to have a dabble the bookies are now offering 7/1 on us to lift the title. City less than 1/2. Arsenal 5/1.

City on for a 2nd Treble in a row I'd say myself.

The death of football could be closer than we think.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #221: Apr 15, 2024 10:16:55 pm
      The run in by fixtures

Wolves v Arsenal

Fulham v us

Arsenal v chelsea

Everton v us

Brighton v city

West ham v us

Spurs v arsenal
      Forest v city

Atsenal v bmouth
      City v wolves

Us v spurs

Fulham v city

Utd v arsenal

Villa v us

Spurs v city

Arsenal v everton
      Us v wolves
      City v west ham

We dont play the same day as the other 2 again until the final day. Weve a chance to go 4 up on city befote they play again
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,029 posts | 529 
      Reply #222: Apr 15, 2024 10:31:52 pm
      The run in by fixtures

Wolves v Arsenal

Fulham v us

Arsenal v chelsea

Everton v us

Brighton v city

West ham v us

Spurs v arsenal
      Forest v city

Atsenal v bmouth
      City v wolves

Us v spurs

Fulham v city

Utd v arsenal

Villa v us

Spurs v city

Arsenal v everton
      Us v wolves
      City v west ham

We dont play the same day as the other 2 again until the final day. Weve a chance to go 4 up on city befote they play again

Arsenal are screwed, their run in is really tough. City's is easier than ours but if we can put those points on the board it will put pressure on them.

Most important thing is for us not to go out with a whimper. Go all guns blazing from now on, win our games and see what happens.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,219 posts | 1221 
      Reply #223: Apr 15, 2024 10:50:31 pm
      If everyone thinks we're going to get battered that's a different psychology to being tasked with maintaining a lead so hopefully that produces a response that isn't too late for us. Maybe we can pretend the last game wasn't actually Palace at home and mentally sort of substitute it for Villa away and say the points are still to play for.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #224: Apr 16, 2024 09:24:19 am
      Hopefully city and Arsenal get through tomorrow, 2 leg semi final to keep them occupied might increass chances of dropping league points
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,128 posts | 83 
      Reply #225: Apr 16, 2024 05:33:36 pm
      Hopefully city and Arsenal get through tomorrow, 2 leg semi final to keep them occupied might increass chances of dropping league points

We cannot get two wins against inferior teams, it is over. This team will implode now on the many road games. I predicted Liverpool‘s struggles and I predict an implosion. It is all written in the stats. Eventually Klopp‘s legacy will include a lot of almost-titles. I do not blame him for it easily could be he worked miracles to bring us even close but it is some strange taste. I hope one day he comes back for 2-3 years.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,173 posts | 524 
      Reply #226: Apr 16, 2024 05:49:35 pm
      We cannot get two wins against inferior teams, it is over. This team will implode now on the many road games. I predicted Liverpool‘s struggles and I predict an implosion. It is all written in the stats. Eventually Klopp‘s legacy will include a lot of almost-titles. I do not blame him for it easily could be he worked miracles to bring us even close but it is some strange taste. I hope one day he comes back for 2-3 years.

Well aren't you a bundle of fun fella a real hit at parties I reckon.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,569 posts | 732 
      Reply #227: Apr 16, 2024 07:46:48 pm

"road games" you must be an american troll.

If you even watched football for more that 5 years, you know every team has a dip in a season. EVERY TEAM. Why? because the season is long.

We have lost 3 league games (really should be 2 if not for a var howler) this is exceptional. At the start of the season we would have said top 3 would be an incredible season and it still is. You can take your knee jerk trolling to football twitter where it belongs.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #228: Apr 16, 2024 08:37:19 pm

Blert
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #229: Apr 16, 2024 09:24:41 pm

If people think my sarcasm is bad, trust me, you stoop to a new and even deeper kind of low. It’s not even fun to read or have a laugh. From the very sarcastic user here, your post is just downright disgusting IMHO.

Quick Reply