Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

The Run In

Read 13458 times
      zz19a and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,333 posts | 281 
      Re: The Run In
      Reply #230: Apr 16, 2024 09:25:55 pm
      No way have we bottled anything, OK it seems our season went to sh*t in the space of a week but in reality we haven't been playing that well recently.
      Our finishing has to improve and its something that'll be worked on but cast your mind back even with Salah, Bobby and Mane in their pomp we've always created a lot more chances than we put away or should've put away in my opinion anyway.
      Whatever happens this season it's not through lack of effort or lack of bottle, look at the way we won that League Cup final that's one of the most gutsy efforts I've seen in the circumstances we won that.
      Last season we finished 5th with an ageing midfield that's been completely overhauled, we are still building and improving.
      Sunday was hugely disappointing and that Curtis Jones miss keeps playing over in my head but we can't give up, you never know.
      « Last Edit: Apr 16, 2024 09:36:06 pm by Rush Goalie »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #231: Apr 16, 2024 10:10:21 pm
      If people think my sarcasm is bad, trust me, you stoop to a new and even deeper kind of low. It’s not even fun to read or have a laugh. From the very sarcastic user here, your post is just downright disgusting IMHO.

I'm convinced it's a bot account.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 128 
      Reply #232: Apr 16, 2024 10:26:26 pm
      I'm convinced it's a bot account.
      Of course it is, but you's be tripping over yourselves to answer to it...
      Fools....
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,129 posts | 83 
      Reply #233: Apr 17, 2024 12:46:24 am
      Let‘s wait and see what happens in the next 2 weeks.  :f_tongueincheek:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,540 posts | 1774 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #234: Apr 17, 2024 07:59:43 am
      "road games" you must be an american troll.

If you even watched football for more that 5 years, you know every team has a dip in a season. EVERY TEAM. Why? because the season is long.

We have lost 3 league games (really should be 2 if not for a var howler) this is exceptional. At the start of the season we would have said top 3 would be an incredible season and it still is. You can take your knee jerk trolling to football twitter where it belongs.

Correct.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,292 posts | 1403 
      Reply #235: Apr 17, 2024 02:16:48 pm
      Was posted earlier that our expectations increased with the Boss giving his notice. Was as if we just expected the squad to suddenly become unbeatable. It probably did elevate and inspire the players to want to win it for the Boss, no question, but it still doesn't make us unbeatable.

Squad has been battered by injuries and that obviously upsets the overall strategy and selection consistency. In truth, taking into account where we were last season, it's been a good recovery season in a sense. It's not over yet.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2829 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #236: Apr 17, 2024 02:46:11 pm
      Was posted earlier that our expectations increased with the Boss giving his notice. Was as if we just expected the squad to suddenly become unbeatable. It probably did elevate and inspire the players to want to win it for the Boss, no question, but it still doesn't make us unbeatable.

Squad has been battered by injuries and that obviously upsets the overall strategy and selection consistency. In truth, taking into account where we were last season, it's been a good recovery season in a sense. It's not over yet.

In truth we won games we shouldnt have along the way and weve not ever really played a game where you watch and think wow we are on fire. As I said a few days ago to be 2 points off with 6 games to go we would have snapped it up in August, even the new year....the killer is we are now dropping points in games we could have won by 4 or 5

We are defo still in it
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,319 posts | 775 
      Reply #237: Apr 17, 2024 07:15:37 pm

Let's agree that JK's announcement motivated the players to want to see him leave with as many trophies as possible. This presents three possible outcomes: A.The team plays better and gets better results. B. The team plays worse and gets worse results. C. The team plays with no noticeable difference and the results are no different. I think it's C. Even if the team wanted to play better...they haven't...that's because they can't...they are already at their peak...their zenith. The team was already playing out of its skin (effort) before Jürgen's announcement. Playing with great determination and no lack of skill they got themselves into a battle for the league; but there was nothing else we could bring to the table that would "make us better".  Injuries to key players has been our main obstacle and it has had a significant influence on our ability to sustain a challenge on all fronts, you can't get better running on fumes.
      Basically wanting to do something special for the boss was one thing, doing it is/was something else....Of course it's not over yet and it's not impossible we find that extra something, together with that bit of luck we're surely owed to see the great man off in style.
      Harrisimo

• 8,292 posts | 1403 
      Reply #238: Apr 17, 2024 10:53:01 pm
      Both our title rivals out of CL..City on pens...Silva..worst shoot out pen ever. Might make a slight difference to the league run in.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2829 
      Reply #239: Apr 17, 2024 10:55:17 pm
      Both our title rivals out of CL..City on pens...Silva..worst shoot out pen ever. Might make a slight difference to the league run in.

The ideal for me was they both go through and meet in the semis

Now the hope is city are deflated a bit by tonight, and chelsea can take them to extra time Sunday......if that combo leads to just one poor result in the league were back in, once we dont fook ourselves up in between
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Reply #240: Apr 17, 2024 10:55:56 pm
      I think that's league gone for sure, bar some miracle.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #241: Apr 17, 2024 10:57:09 pm

I don't think its going to help us sadly. The headache of two big semi-finals for them could have given us a helping hand. We've really made a mess of the last couple of weeks. 🥺
      rossyred

• 9,293 posts | 1664 
      Reply #242: Apr 17, 2024 10:57:50 pm
      Spurs only hope now 5th spot surely not getting CL spot
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2829 
      Reply #243: Apr 17, 2024 10:59:27 pm
      Spurs only hope now 5th spot surely not getting CL spot

And thats pushed right out to the 14th so city play Saturdsy Tuesday Sunday.....you just never know
      Harrisimo

• 8,292 posts | 1403 
      Reply #244: Apr 17, 2024 11:10:04 pm
      I don't think its going to help us sadly. The headache of two big semi-finals for them could have given us a helping hand. We've really made a mess of the last couple of weeks. 🥺

Yeah..we've been aiming for our big toe for a while and shot it right off V CP..

Only hope the lads can..'do it for the Boss' in Bergamo.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,319 posts | 775 
      Reply #245: Apr 17, 2024 11:12:57 pm
      Teams get momentum from winning and conversely can lose momentum from losing. I don't think them being in or out of the CL makes any difference to how they go for the league, they don't need any extra motivation. I agree with your second point though we're paying a price for missing too many chances. In the end it's about what we do, we can't influence other teams results.
      Harrisimo

• 8,292 posts | 1403 
      Reply #246: Apr 17, 2024 11:41:24 pm
      Think our recent set backs have worked against us. The Atlanta result was a real blow and we seriously need a performance in Bergamo. Will the two bad results affect Arsenal's 'run in' form. Think it might work against them, hard to say at this point.

Doubt this set back will work against City. Pep demands and commands respect and this could even make them push harder but as the man said..'It's a funny old game'.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #247: Apr 18, 2024 11:03:02 am
      Spurs hold the key at the moment. They come to us (and have been poor recently away from home) whilst they host both City and Arsenal. They'll need the points now that 5th probably won't get a CL spot. Hopefully that battle for 4th is decided one way or the other by the time we go to Villa.

All the discussion is pointless though anyway unless we start playing a lot better.
      redno7
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts | 10 
      Reply #248: Apr 18, 2024 12:33:56 pm
      I can see us losing 1 more game and it'll be Villa. However both city and Arsenal have draws in them during the run in so it's all to play for
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2829 
      Reply #249: Apr 18, 2024 01:44:33 pm
      Am I right in saying we play west ham at 12.30? Even though we filled our obligated quota of early kick offs?
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Reply #250: Apr 19, 2024 12:22:29 am
      We shouldn’t be concerned about City as we are currently have enough issues to win games and put out the right performance. Once we start performing again like a proper title contender we can talk about other teams dropping points

__Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,882 posts | 421 
      Reply #251: Apr 19, 2024 08:04:50 am
      Well if the players are feeling sorry for themselves this morning we need them to snap out of it.

The gauntlet is set and all we can attempt to do is conquer it and see where it gets us.

We can't drop another point in what is probably a forlorn title chase at this point.

The problem is it could be a hell of a long time before we are in any sort of semi realistic title hunt in the future. So as it stands we are technically in one and I hope to F**k the players are ready to give it absolutely everything they have.

As Jürgen says if it's to be failure let it be glorious failure.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #252: Apr 19, 2024 08:27:11 am
      Am I right in saying we play west ham at 12.30? Even though we filled our obligated quota of early kick offs?

Yep. We play Everton Wednesday night and then have the 12.30 KO on Saturday.

TNT have managed to get around it as it's a league game on the Wednesday night. If it was a European game then they couldn't have given us that slot.

Quick Reply