Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Sparta?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      2 (4.7%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (2.3%)
      Conor Bradley
      1 (2.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (2.3%)
      Jarell Quansah
      3 (7%)
      Wataru Endo
      1 (2.3%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      3 (7%)
      Bobby Clark
      10 (23.3%)
      Mohamed Salah
      9 (20.9%)
      Cody Gakpo
      8 (18.6%)
      Darwin Núñez
      3 (7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (2.3%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      James McConnell
      0 (0%)
      Mateusz Musialowski
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: Mar 18, 2024 09:49:26 pm

Liverpool 6-1 (11-2) Sparta Prague: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 3461 times
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 840 posts | 165 
      Re: Liverpool 6-1 (11-2) Sparta Prague: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #138: Mar 15, 2024 01:45:15 am
      Can’t say seeing Virg Mo and Szobo finish the game was high on many people’s list.

Job done in the end if it wasn’t already so last week.

Time to see who we draw tomorrow then, I hope for either Benfica or Milan.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #139: Mar 15, 2024 08:51:05 am
      It's disappointing we couldn't build on a decent start last night but I guess a win is a win at this point in the season...........
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 420 
      Reply #140: Mar 15, 2024 08:58:22 am

You just know w3le will meat each other in the end.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #141: Mar 15, 2024 10:09:18 am
      Looking forward to the draw later this morning. I should imagine most teams will hope to avoid the Reds, when their name comes out of the hat.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #142: Mar 15, 2024 10:56:04 am
      Looking forward to the draw later this morning. I should imagine most teams will hope to avoid the Reds, when their name comes out of the hat.

We’re the worst draw anyone can wish for, for us, well it doesn’t matter really, there’s a feeling of inevitability about us in this competition this season, if yer old enough to remember European cup draws the club you most wanted to avoid was R Madrid, well, we’re the R Madrid now, everyone will dread facing us,

I’m trying not to be arrogant, it’s just the way I see it, there is not one club left in this competition I fear, Leverkusen I guess would give us problems, but we’ve seen how vulnerable they are and we’re a much tougher opponent than what they have faced thus far,

So bring it on, my only hope is we get drawn away first, but again, I don’t think it matters that much !!!

YNWA
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #143: Mar 15, 2024 11:07:46 am
      A comfortable game made even more comfortable with the opening 20 minutes.

After doing the business over there, this game was always gonna be a formality but credit to the boys for giving the fans plenty to cheer about and credit to the Boss for still showing respect to the opposition by going with such a strong side.

Played some lovely football over the course of the game, scored yet another hatful and our forwards still seem to be trying to one up each other in the goalscoring stakes.

And what a moment for Bobby Clark. His first Liverpool goal, on a European night under the lights at Anfield. Fantastic.

I watched Stand By Me (again) last night after the match and one of the songs in that film sums us up perfectly right now - “come on baby let the good times roll”

Kelleher - fairly routine for the keeper, couldn’t do much with the goal and everything else was straight forward for him. Still like that he’s prepared to go long with his kicking when the time calls for it.

Bradley - top quality defensively and we know he’s a threat going forward. Firmly established now as a genuine first team option when everyone is fit.

Quansah - another solid, no frills performance from him. He seems to be a hybrid of Van Dijk and Matip the way he plays. Moves and defends in a manner similar to Virg and you can see how he’s prided his game on the skipper’s but carries the ball out of the back four and into midfield with the grace and elegance of Joel.

Gomez - well deserved England call up for him, ironically when we’re going for everything Southgate wants our players for pointless friendlies but there you go. Had one of his less impressive games in recent weeks last night just because he wasn’t really asked to do that much. It was a good performance in his most natural position but no headline grabbing.

Robertson - decent enough showing from the stand in skipper but wasn’t called upon to do much more than enjoy the show those in front of him put on. I loved his passion after the first goal though, telling all the lads to come on and go for the throat.

Szoboszlai - looking sharper by the game since his return to the team and has been playing well after the injury. Went off the boil for me after a good start to his Liverpool career so this redound form is good to see. Good ball for the opening goal, got himself on the scoresheet as well so all in all a good nights work.

Endo - don’t know if he could have done more for their goal but it wasn’t worth him bringing the lad down and getting sent off. His lack of pace is what let him down in that instance but other than that your typical performance from him. And everyone knows he’s my cult hero so one slight blemish isn’t gonna make me scream that we need a new holding midfielder.

Clark - as said at the top of the post, what a moment for the lad and in fairness a really well taken goal. Keeper was at him quick, could have lashed at it, could have tried to be clever and dinked it way over the bar, could have Connor Gallagher’d it and hit straight at the oncoming keeper but he didn’t. He kept his composure and knocked it through the keepers legs. Great goal and moment. Hopefully the injury isn’t a bad one for him but let’s hope it at least gives him enough time to get his eyebrows trimmed to an acceptable level for AussieRed.

Salah - he’s back, he’s scoring and breaking records. 20 goals for the seventh consecutive season is some F***ing going Mo. Thought he was poor against City so this was a good bounce back, just in time for him to get another hattrick against United.

Nunez - suddenly the media are realising what form he’s in. Goals are just flowing for him now. Still misses chances but what forward not called Robbie Fowler doesn’t? Keep up the good form Darwin. And the goal he scored was a lovely first time finish no matter how much McManaman tried to say it was a miss hit.

Gakpo - he needed that did our Cody. He’s been really poor of late and maybe not starting against City was what he needed to refind some of the form he was showing pre-Wembley. Good controlled finish for the first and a lovely deft controlled touch for the second. Almost doubled his tally of goals for last season as well so that’s another feather in his cap.

Tsimikas - good for him to get a run out but didn’t have to much. Got up and down the left hand side as you’d expect though. Also if you haven’t seen him megging Mo in the warm up before the City game I suggest you seek it out for his reaction.

McConnell - didn’t steal the spotlight when he came on but kept us ticking over in the middle of the park.

Elliott - came on, ran around a lot and looked alright. Probably should have had a goal to his name but it either got flicked it by Gakpo or the keeper made a decent save.

Van Dijk - probably wasn’t needed but the Boss knows best so if he thinks Virg should be thrown on for half an hour then throw the big Dutchman on for half an hour. He was as good as he needed to be.

Musialowski - like so many others this season, he can now tell the whole world he’s played for Liverpool Football Club. And that’s something we’d all give our right arm to say - especially us left handers. Looked like he was trying to make things happen but nothing quite came off for him. Still a great moment for him. Well in kid.

Overall, another great night for us with an impressive win.

Another tournament we’ve reached the last eight in and will be expecting to go even further because over two legs with one at Anfield then we can beat anybody. Not really fussed who we get in the next round either. Preferably second leg at home but if not then so be it.

Quad still a real possibility for this group of players.

So just keep doing what you’re doing Reds and we’ll win the F***ing lot.

Quick Reply