Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Pre-Match: Man United v Liverpool Sun 17th March FA Cup QF 15:30 Kick Off

Read 3490 times
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 842 posts | 165 
      Re: Man United v Liverpool Sun 17th March FA Cup QF 15:30 Kick Off
      Reply #23: Mar 15, 2024 05:00:53 pm
      Gomez should never play at CB ever again, didn't even want him to play there last night as I knew he had a moment like his header for their goal, Quansah absolutely in for him.

Robbo very good when he came on at City, and solid again last night almost playing on the left of a back 3 before moving CB when Kostas came on.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Re: Pre-Match: Man United v Liverpool Sun 17th March FA Cup QF 15:30 Kick Off
      Reply #24: Mar 15, 2024 06:33:39 pm
      So we're picking quansah over gomez at centre back and Gomez, a right footed centre back at left back over robbo are we?

Robbo gets injured and now we relegate him down the ranks because Gomez did a decent job in his absence. Bizarre. Obviously all those years being one of the best left backs in the world, assists and rock solid defensively are extinguished in a few months.

Versatility!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #25: Mar 15, 2024 06:42:05 pm
      So we're picking quansah over gomez at centre back and Gomez, a right footed centre back at left back over robbo are we?

Robbo gets injured and now we relegate him down the ranks because Gomez did a decent job in his absence. Bizarre. Obviously all those years being one of the best left backs in the world, assists and rock solid defensively are extinguished in a few months.

Says the man who dismisses Trent
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #26: Mar 15, 2024 08:13:47 pm

I said Gomez plays and Quansah plays where have I said Gomez starts over Robbo . Gomez could easily be at RB
      Don77

• 6,541 posts | 1091 
      Reply #27: Mar 15, 2024 08:50:51 pm
      I said Gomez plays and Quansah plays where have I said Gomez starts over Robbo . Gomez could easily be at RB

Bradley starts at right back. Again, as with the left back situation, Joe isn't a right back either. Nor is he a 6. He's a centre half and he can do a good job when required at full back.

For me, it's konate and Quansah who Joe is competing with to partner Virgil. And of the 3 of them I'd be picking Joe. Konate I doubt makes this weekend. And Quansah has plenty of time. An embarrassment of riches for sure.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #28: Mar 15, 2024 09:24:28 pm
      Massive game!! Team picks itself.

Kelleher

Bradley quansah VVD Robertson

Dom Endo Mac

Salah Nunez Diaz
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,219 posts | 1221 
      Reply #29: Mar 15, 2024 10:21:29 pm
      Whether we play Robbo at left back or Gomez or whoever really I fancy us to win. With the international break on the horizon there is no excuse not to leave it all out there. This is their last chance of a trophy and of salvaging anything from a disastrous season, so it is fitting that it falls to us to inflict the knockout blow.
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #30: Mar 15, 2024 10:46:06 pm
      In the pre match conflab the Boss said regarding Joe.." we wouldn't be where we are without Joe". Think that's nearly a clear indication that Joe will start. 3 options I suppose - both full back positions and partnering VVD.

I'd rather have Robbo at left back even though Joe has done well there. I'd go for Joe central with VVD. Quansah has been brilliant but that's my call. Elliott's energy has lifted the side more than once but he might be benched. But Dom has to put in a performance to keep the shirt.Same for everybody.

One thing was obvious for United playing City week or two ago and that is if their outplayed, they don't fight to stay in it.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #31: Mar 15, 2024 10:48:18 pm
      Massive game!! Team picks itself.

Kelleher

Bradley quansah VVD Robertson

Dom Endo Mac

Salah Nunez Diaz

Doesn't really does it
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #32: Mar 15, 2024 10:53:17 pm
      Anyone expecting utd to try out play us like they did city?
      I’m expecting a 10 man defence parked in and around their box, just like the prem game. Route 1 Rashford up top.
      Just can’t see them taking us on in an open game. Ten shags ain’t got the bottle. They’ll try and nik one on the break when we get impatient or try and hold out for E T and pens.
      I expect our possession to be like 68-70 per cent while they sit back and park the bus 🤷‍♂️
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #33: Mar 15, 2024 11:06:11 pm
      Anyone expecting utd to try out play us like they did city?
      I’m expecting a 10 man defence parked in and around their box, just like the prem game. Route 1 Rashford up top.
      Just can’t see them taking us on in an open game. Ten shags ain’t got the bottle. They’ll try and nik one on the break when we get impatient or try and hold out for E T and pens.
      I expect our possession to be like 68-70 per cent while they sit back and park the bus 🤷‍♂️

Can't see any other tactic than one early in season as you say use Garnacho and Rashfords pace . Why I would rather have Harvey than Dom more guile around the area when it's conjested . Would also like to see some quality crosses and utilise a strength of Darwin and his aerial ability
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 673 posts | 87 
      Reply #34: Mar 15, 2024 11:38:51 pm
      Don't know why but we don't have a good record at all v Utd in FA Cup, but in the League Cup it's the other way around. I remember Croucihe's header at Anfield in 2006 for a win but not any other wins.
      Even in 2021 they beat us then a few weeks later in the league we stuffed them at OT 4-2.
      Hopefully can change this trend on Sunday.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #35: Mar 16, 2024 07:49:12 am

What’s the rudeness for?
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #36: Mar 16, 2024 08:38:27 am

Not being rude just saying it doesn't pick itself with various positions up for grabs and competition for places
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #37: Mar 16, 2024 10:30:43 am
      Kelleher

Bradley    Quansah    Virgil    Gomez

Endo

Elliott       MacAllister

Salah           Nunez           Diaz
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 128 
      Reply #38: Mar 16, 2024 10:45:26 am
      Kelleher

Bradley    Quansah    Virgil    Gomez

Endo

Elliott       MacAllister

Salah           Nunez           Diaz

Yup, that's got a serious bang of 0-4 to the Redman of Anfield right there....  8)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #39: Mar 16, 2024 11:30:39 am
      Can't see any other tactic than one early in season as you say use Garnacho and Rashfords pace . Why I would rather have Harvey than Dom more guile around the area when it's conjested . Would also like to see some quality crosses and utilise a strength of Darwin and his aerial ability

They can't play the same way they did at Anfield, at Old Trafford in front of their own fans.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #40: Mar 16, 2024 02:15:08 pm
      They can't play the same way they did at Anfield, at Old Trafford in front of their own fans.

They can
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #41: Mar 16, 2024 02:41:55 pm

They probably will. No other way are they gonna get a sniff of a result
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #42: Mar 16, 2024 04:51:11 pm

It’s just that it would be shameless.
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #43: Mar 16, 2024 05:09:22 pm
      If we start on a high tempo, giving them nothing, then game should go according to plan or as near as dammit. They'll only put the effort in if we encourage them with a sloppy lackluster start.

They go behind and they have a couldn't careless attitude. Worst mentality of a United team since 73/74. Ten Bob Note just doesn't Boss them enough. Everybody loves Jürgen, rightly so,  but take the piss and you'll find out how 'nice' he can be.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #44: Mar 16, 2024 06:04:05 pm

Everton had 23 shots against them last week.

They're gonna have a go!
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,028 posts | 529 
      Reply #45: Mar 16, 2024 06:25:41 pm
      The fact Joe came off on Thursday means he's starting tomorrow, just a question of whether it's for Robbo or Bradley. Suspect it'll be the latter.

Rest of the team pretty well picks itself.

They will park the bus and hope to knick something but we should have enough to open them up.

Quick Reply