Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Pre-Match: Man United v Liverpool Sun 17th March FA Cup QF 15:30 Kick Off

Read 3488 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Re: Pre-Match: Man United v Liverpool Sun 17th March FA Cup QF 15:30 Kick Off
      Reply #46: Mar 16, 2024 06:49:09 pm
      Everton had 23 shots against them last week.

They're gonna have a go!

That's against the bitters mate they ain't sitting back against that shower ,different ball game tomorrow hope they do come.out and play
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2714 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #47: Mar 16, 2024 07:26:48 pm
      UNITED!!!  :f_whistle:
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 128 
      Reply #48: Mar 16, 2024 07:44:18 pm
      UNTIED!!!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #49: Mar 16, 2024 08:04:35 pm

There's only one United and that's a chocolate biscuit
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #50: Mar 17, 2024 04:57:16 am
      We haven't sacked one of their Manager's for a while.  Let's hand the Hag his P45 might be difficult with Southgate still in a job until the summer, but hey they might bring Ole back on the wheel or better still Rooney until then!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #51: Mar 17, 2024 05:02:48 am

sh*t!!!
      sh*t!!!
      sh*t!!!  >:D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2714 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #52: Mar 17, 2024 07:47:22 am
      We haven't sacked one of their Manager's for a while.  Let's hand the Hag his P45 might be difficult with Southgate still in a job until the summer, but hey they might bring Ole back on the wheel or better still Rooney until then!

😂 Think I prefer Ole rather than Safegate  :lmao:
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #53: Mar 17, 2024 10:25:17 am
      At Anfield they brought the double decker and jizzed about how they coulda won with whatshisface's chance.
      Please.
      We're the better team, but the better team doesn't always win.
      It's their Cup Final, the only trophy left, and it's us at theirs. Massive, much bigger game for them than us.
      If I was sh*t like them I'd probably play like Burnley, kick lumps out of us, dive about looking for frees, get 11 behind the ball until they get a chance to break and they'll bomb forward like seagulls following the trawler.
      The only negative about us winning is it puts another nail in Ten Hags coffin - and I want the tw*t to stay !!!
      Avoid complacency, nothing is a given, we need to work, press, play with conviction.
      We've players coming back from injury and would expect Salah to start. Mac to come back in too after break midweek.
      Choice to be made between Quansah and Gomez at CB - I'd go Quansah there with VVD, and start Gomez LB.
      Even if Trent fit would play Bradley RB.
      Huge plus that we can start our first choice midfield - Dom Mac Endo.
      Up front just hope Nunez can stay onside and not be too wasteful. Diaz gets a chance to score after squandering chances against Shitty.
      What a pass from Mo to Diaz for his chance, good to have him back.

Kells
      Bradley Quansah VVD Gomez
      Dom Mac Endo
      Salah Nunez Diaz
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #54: Mar 17, 2024 10:39:30 am
      It's the where will Joe play debate. 40 games..18 at Right back...15 at left back...5 at center back...2 defensive midfielder.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joe-gomez/leistungsdaten/spieler/256178

I'd go for today...Kells...Bradley. ..Joe...VVD...Robbo. Robbo is better going forward down the left. Last season Joe lost his way a bit but a confident Joe can play anywhere along the back line.

We need to dominate as we are back here after 2 home games.
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #55: Mar 17, 2024 10:58:53 am
      It's the where will Joe play debate. 40 games..18 at Right back...15 at left back...5 at center back...2 defensive midfielder.

I'd go for today...Kells...Bradley. ..Joe...VVD...Robbo. Robbo is better going forward down the left. Last season Joe lost his way a bit but a confident Joe can play anywhere along the back line.

Agree. Joe is a right footed centre back. He did a good job covering for Robbo. But he's back now. With Matip out and konate injured this is Joe's chance to get his place in his proper position, where I've no doubt he wants to play. Robbo's the best in the league in his position.

However I don't think it will pan out this way today . Not long to wait.
      Stoertebembel
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | 64 
      Reply #56: Mar 17, 2024 11:07:07 am
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #57: Mar 17, 2024 01:03:49 pm
      At Anfield they brought the double decker and jizzed about how they coulda won with whatshisface's chance.
      Please.
      We're the better team, but the better team doesn't always win.
      It's their Cup Final, the only trophy left, and it's us at theirs. Massive, much bigger game for them than us.
      If I was sh*t like them I'd probably play like Burnley, kick lumps out of us, dive about looking for frees, get 11 behind the ball until they get a chance to break and they'll bomb forward like seagulls following the trawler.
      The only negative about us winning is it puts another nail in Ten Hags coffin - and I want the tw*t to stay !!!
      Avoid complacency, nothing is a given, we need to work, press, play with conviction.
      We've players coming back from injury and would expect Salah to start. Mac to come back in too after break midweek.
      Choice to be made between Quansah and Gomez at CB - I'd go Quansah there with VVD, and start Gomez LB.
      Even if Trent fit would play Bradley RB.
      Huge plus that we can start our first choice midfield - Dom Mac Endo.
      Up front just hope Nunez can stay onside and not be too wasteful. Diaz gets a chance to score after squandering chances against Shitty.
      What a pass from Mo to Diaz for his chance, good to have him back.

Kells
      Bradley Quansah VVD Gomez
      Dom Mac Endo
      Salah Nunez Diaz

Nunez won't get offside today. Utd will have at least two players inside their six yard box 90% of the game     ;D ;D ;D
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #58: Mar 17, 2024 01:32:13 pm
      Suprisingly calm about this one today...
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #59: Mar 17, 2024 01:45:54 pm
      Looking like Gomez RB so Robbo LB
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #60: Mar 17, 2024 01:46:19 pm
      Suprisingly calm about this one today...

Got to be won today, extra time then possibly pens.

Just F***ing batter the manc tw*ts, Redmen.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #61: Mar 17, 2024 01:47:43 pm
      Looking like Gomez RB so Robbo LB

What's the team then Jurg :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #62: Mar 17, 2024 01:51:25 pm
      Found this little titbit in the independent.

Klopp says there has been no opportunity for a bitter rivalry with Man Utd while Liverpool manager as he has fought other clubs for silverware.

Jürgen thinks Utd are sh*te!!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,180 posts | 1097 
      Reply #63: Mar 17, 2024 02:02:31 pm
      I always enjoy talking to you and enjoy your insight on stuff. I'd be down to have a beer one day, brother. But today I hope your day is sh*t.

Need this win for my mental health. What's worse than not winning and then having 2 weeks to stew on it ?
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,219 posts | 1221 
      Reply #64: Mar 17, 2024 02:07:02 pm
      As we are competing on three remaining fronts it feels very much like the pressure is on Utd, whose supporters will be sensitive to signs of weakness and could quickly become restive if things don't go their way. If we can be cool and professional and despatch these c*nts in a bit of style what a way to go into the international break  8)
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Reply #65: Mar 17, 2024 02:57:32 pm
      Bradley on bench :(

Quick Reply