Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man U?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      7 (12.3%)
      Jarell Quansah
      7 (12.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      12 (21.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.8%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      19 (33.3%)
      Wataru Endo
      2 (3.5%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      2 (3.5%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      1 (1.8%)
      Mohamed Salah
      2 (3.5%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (1.8%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Bobby Clark
      2 (3.5%)
      Conor Bradley
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: Mar 21, 2024 06:08:24 pm

Manchester United 4-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 12090 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Re: Manchester United 4-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #874: Mar 18, 2024 06:36:28 pm
      Ah well, the quad is off but at the end of the day it's only the FA Cup isn't it? Like all trophies, it doesn't matter when you can no longer win it and it's the best thing going when you do lift it.

And we didn't play well enough to win. We were F***ing dreadful for the most part, even when we dominated the game we weren't exactly thrilling. We just controlled the game. But despite all that, it took those jammy cu*ts a last kick of the game winner against us. We blew our chances to kill the game off and played at 2-1 up as if we were four or five to the good. Rather than going for the throat like we did with Sparta, we just let them off the hook.

Very unlike us.

But let them cu*ts have their moment of glory, let them bask in the fact that they stopped us winning all four. I don't think it'll mean all that much when we're parading three trophies down the dock road and they're left with nothing but a semi-final defeat to Coventry.

And now we've got the defeat out of our system, we can go back on another unbeaten run to end the season on a high.

What I do find sickening though is we get 7 pages on this forum following a European win but have 39 pages for a defeat.

Kelleher - actually had a decent game I thought, made some big saves to keep us in it. Seemed a bit more reluctant to go long than he has in recent games, especially in the first half. Might be the last we see of him this season as well if Ali is to return to the side following the internationals.

Gomez - looked lost in the first half, grew into the game though. Wasn't helped by the midfielders in front of him not tracking their runners though. Seemed like they didn't wanna chase back.

Quansah - showed his qualities with the ball during the game, showed his inexperience as well as he was caught a couple of times. But I wouldn't lay too much blame at his door. Was exposed by the midfielders being overrun and Gomez being in no-mans land a lot of the time.

Van Dijk - probably the only defender to come out with any credit after yesterday's game. For the most part he was always in the right place in the right time. Was surprised to see him not organise those around him a lot better though. It's usually one thing he's well on top of.

Robertson - wasn't the worst performance he's had from a defensive point of view but going forward, his delivery was woeful. Don't think he put one decent ball in throughout his entire time on the pitch. Also didn't get why he went off via the left hand side when every other club in that situation takes the slowest walk possible across the pitch.

Szoboszlai - I've been rather complimentary of him since his return to the side but yesterday was very much like him pre-injury. Looked good when we were controlling the game but when we were chasing it he was nowhere to be seen. I said after the opening day of the season that both he and Mac Allister would have to improve in games away from home when we need fight more than quality.

Endo - didn't think he was at his best either yesterday. Too many times the United midfielders were just breezing past ours and it was four or five United shirts against two or three of our defence. I know pace isn't his strong point but he has to follow these runners.

Mac Allister - almost a carbon copy of the Szoboszlai analysis for me. Good in possession, not very much without it.

Salah - as per usual he scored but it was a very quiet game from him other than that. Didn't get much change from Wan-Bisaka. And I think bringing him off was probably the right decision based solely on his fitness. If Clark hadn't got injured against Sparta then maybe Mo would of come off there and then played the 90 here but you can't change what's been done.

Nunez - didn't offer much in the first half but caused them a few headaches in the second. Extra time didn't really do much either. Not sure he and Gakpo should be playing together. Both need to be the central figure in the front three. And what the F**k he was doing for their third goal, I have no idea. Just F***ing launch it up the pitch lad.

Diaz - didn't do anything that troubled United fro what I can remember yesterday. Couple of runs up against Dalot but nothing that hurt them. I'm usually championing this lad but thought he was a passenger yesterday.

Elliott - I said in the first half that the game was crying out for Harvey because we needed someone to give us that bit of energy in the middle of the park, we were so slow in everything we did - with and without the ball. When he finally did come on, he did give us that as well as what we thought was gonna be a winning goal. Will obviously be criticised for his role in their winner.

Bradley - was an improvement on Gomez at right back I thought and what a run for the Elliott goal. Could he have taken one for the team and just brought Diallo down, taken the red card and seen us go to pens with ten men? Maybe. But it's not really in our nature to make those sort of cynical fouls and especially not from a young lad trying to make a name for himself.

Gakpo - after looking as sharp as he has done for a long time against Sparta, he finds himself back on the bench. Comes on against United and really didn't cover himself in glory did he? As much as Elliott is no replacement for Mo down the right, Gakpo certainly isn't. He needs to be the central figure in the front three or nowhere for me.

Tsimikas - didn't do much during his brief time on the pitch. I did have hopes of another Wembley moment with the last gasp corner but not to be this time.

Clark - chalk playing for Liverpool against United at Old Trafford off your bucket list young Bob. Not many teenagers get that honour so you must be doing something right.

Overall we wasted too many good chances to kill the game off and were ultimately punished for it. We've been on the other end of games like that this season so we know what happens when you waste chances.

I also found the game to be too slow for too long. It didn't feel like a Liverpool/United game. It felt in slow motion.

But we've got a couple of weeks to get our hands round it and put it right against Brighton at the end of the month when we'll go top of the League again. It's happened, we can't change it so no point in F***ing dwelling on it and beating ourselves up about it. Brush ourselves down and get ready for the Seaguls.

Might not be able to win all four anymore but if two out of three ain't bad for Meatloaf then three out of four is F***ing boss for Jürgen Klopp.

Keep doing what we've been doing for most of this season and we're gonna need a bigger trophy cabinet come May.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,706 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #875: Mar 18, 2024 06:40:58 pm
      Well at least now we know what Keith looks like.

Sure. He's the opposite! I would never make it in their forum but he is the ultimate football fan, he takes a banter or two but always respectful.

Keith, our attack had a day off and scored three ;) Fernandes is the most annoying player on earth ( not because he's yours) and should not have been on the pitch. Our players gave you gift after gift.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #876: Mar 18, 2024 07:27:40 pm
      Ah well, the quad is off but at the end of the day it's only the FA Cup isn't it? Like all trophies, it doesn't matter when you can no longer win it and it's the best thing going when you do lift it.

And we didn't play well enough to win. We were F***ing dreadful for the most part, even when we dominated the game we weren't exactly thrilling. We just controlled the game. But despite all that, it took those jammy cu*ts a last kick of the game winner against us. We blew our chances to kill the game off and played at 2-1 up as if we were four or five to the good. Rather than going for the throat like we did with Sparta, we just let them off the hook.

Very unlike us.

But let them cu*ts have their moment of glory, let them bask in the fact that they stopped us winning all four. I don't think it'll mean all that much when we're parading three trophies down the dock road and they're left with nothing but a semi-final defeat to Coventry.

And now we've got the defeat out of our system, we can go back on another unbeaten run to end the season on a high.

What I do find sickening though is we get 7 pages on this forum following a European win but have 39 pages for a defeat.

Kelleher - actually had a decent game I thought, made some big saves to keep us in it. Seemed a bit more reluctant to go long than he has in recent games, especially in the first half. Might be the last we see of him this season as well if Ali is to return to the side following the internationals.

Gomez - looked lost in the first half, grew into the game though. Wasn't helped by the midfielders in front of him not tracking their runners though. Seemed like they didn't wanna chase back.

Quansah - showed his qualities with the ball during the game, showed his inexperience as well as he was caught a couple of times. But I wouldn't lay too much blame at his door. Was exposed by the midfielders being overrun and Gomez being in no-mans land a lot of the time.

Van Dijk - probably the only defender to come out with any credit after yesterday's game. For the most part he was always in the right place in the right time. Was surprised to see him not organise those around him a lot better though. It's usually one thing he's well on top of.

Robertson - wasn't the worst performance he's had from a defensive point of view but going forward, his delivery was woeful. Don't think he put one decent ball in throughout his entire time on the pitch. Also didn't get why he went off via the left hand side when every other club in that situation takes the slowest walk possible across the pitch.

Szoboszlai - I've been rather complimentary of him since his return to the side but yesterday was very much like him pre-injury. Looked good when we were controlling the game but when we were chasing it he was nowhere to be seen. I said after the opening day of the season that both he and Mac Allister would have to improve in games away from home when we need fight more than quality.

Endo - didn't think he was at his best either yesterday. Too many times the United midfielders were just breezing past ours and it was four or five United shirts against two or three of our defence. I know pace isn't his strong point but he has to follow these runners.

Mac Allister - almost a carbon copy of the Szoboszlai analysis for me. Good in possession, not very much without it.

Salah - as per usual he scored but it was a very quiet game from him other than that. Didn't get much change from Wan-Bisaka. And I think bringing him off was probably the right decision based solely on his fitness. If Clark hadn't got injured against Sparta then maybe Mo would of come off there and then played the 90 here but you can't change what's been done.

Nunez - didn't offer much in the first half but caused them a few headaches in the second. Extra time didn't really do much either. Not sure he and Gakpo should be playing together. Both need to be the central figure in the front three. And what the F**k he was doing for their third goal, I have no idea. Just F***ing launch it up the pitch lad.

Diaz - didn't do anything that troubled United fro what I can remember yesterday. Couple of runs up against Dalot but nothing that hurt them. I'm usually championing this lad but thought he was a passenger yesterday.

Elliott - I said in the first half that the game was crying out for Harvey because we needed someone to give us that bit of energy in the middle of the park, we were so slow in everything we did - with and without the ball. When he finally did come on, he did give us that as well as what we thought was gonna be a winning goal. Will obviously be criticised for his role in their winner.

Bradley - was an improvement on Gomez at right back I thought and what a run for the Elliott goal. Could he have taken one for the team and just brought Diallo down, taken the red card and seen us go to pens with ten men? Maybe. But it's not really in our nature to make those sort of cynical fouls and especially not from a young lad trying to make a name for himself.

Gakpo - after looking as sharp as he has done for a long time against Sparta, he finds himself back on the bench. Comes on against United and really didn't cover himself in glory did he? As much as Elliott is no replacement for Mo down the right, Gakpo certainly isn't. He needs to be the central figure in the front three or nowhere for me.

Tsimikas - didn't do much during his brief time on the pitch. I did have hopes of another Wembley moment with the last gasp corner but not to be this time.

Clark - chalk playing for Liverpool against United at Old Trafford off your bucket list young Bob. Not many teenagers get that honour so you must be doing something right.

Overall we wasted too many good chances to kill the game off and were ultimately punished for it. We've been on the other end of games like that this season so we know what happens when you waste chances.

I also found the game to be too slow for too long. It didn't feel like a Liverpool/United game. It felt in slow motion.

But we've got a couple of weeks to get our hands round it and put it right against Brighton at the end of the month when we'll go top of the League again. It's happened, we can't change it so no point in F***ing dwelling on it and beating ourselves up about it. Brush ourselves down and get ready for the Seaguls.

Might not be able to win all four anymore but if two out of three ain't bad for Meatloaf then three out of four is F***ing boss for Jürgen Klopp.

Keep doing what we've been doing for most of this season and we're gonna need a bigger trophy cabinet come May.

On VVD he and MaC where only two who played well  but VVD want shooting for going up front in the last minute and leaving Conor Bradly to defend against two United attackers, very stupid
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #877: Mar 18, 2024 07:29:21 pm
      On VVD he and MaC where only two who played well  but VVD want shooting for going up front in the last minute and leaving Conor Bradly to defend against two United attackers, very stupid

Stupid for trying to win a game?

Behave yourself.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      Reply #878: Mar 18, 2024 07:30:08 pm
      I know Gomez didn’t have a good game but he was left all throughout the game having to look after 2United attackers with no no help from midfield and Salah who wasn’t fit and wanted to spend the game glory hunting
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      Reply #879: Mar 18, 2024 07:30:59 pm
      Stupid for trying to win a game?

Behave yourself.

That’s what cost us the last goal and subsequently the game, yes other than that he had a good game but let himself down leaving an inexperienced player to cope with two attackers, one straight out of the schoolboy footballing tactic book
      « Last Edit: Mar 18, 2024 08:00:57 pm by tezmac »
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #880: Mar 18, 2024 07:31:29 pm
      Sure. He's the opposite! I would never make it in their forum but he is the ultimate football fan, he takes a banter or two but always respectful.

Keith, our attack had a day off and scored three ;) Fernandes is the most annoying player on earth ( not because he's yours) and should not have been on the pitch. Our players gave you gift after gift.

I wonder how Keith survives here year in year out. He’s on the wrong side yet he must be doing something right.

Yeah right. I do not hate him just because he’s a manc. I just hate that team of his.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      Reply #881: Mar 18, 2024 07:40:30 pm
       Yes Kieth gets a fair amount of stick on here but for supporting that shower of sh*t he deserves it  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      Reply #882: Mar 18, 2024 07:44:50 pm
      The team looked dead on their feet in extra time, and that lies at Jürgen door for not resting players on Thursday a game we had already won and where in no danger of loosing
      « Last Edit: Mar 18, 2024 07:51:48 pm by tezmac »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #883: Mar 18, 2024 07:52:32 pm

Think he’s getting to be one of the most dislikes players  in the league and I can see why. Don’t mind if he went on to pastures new in the summer now. Fed up of his moaning and diving all the time, I know it’s part of the game ( sadly ) but enoughs enough. 🤦‍♂️
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #884: Mar 18, 2024 07:55:00 pm
      That’s what cost us the last goal and subsequently the game, yes other than that he had a good game but let himself down

And if he scored the winner from going up for the corner like he did against Chelsea then you'd be singing a different tune.

So as I said, behave yourself if you think trying to win a game is stupid.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #885: Mar 18, 2024 07:56:37 pm
      I wonder how Keith survives here year in year out. He’s on the wrong side yet he must be doing something right.

Yeah right. I do not hate him just because he’s a manc. I just hate that team of his.

Think my skin probably harder than an armadillos. 😂 Don’t think I’ve ever been called a snowflake.  :lmao:

It’s all in good fun anyway from my part. 🙂
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      Reply #886: Mar 18, 2024 08:04:13 pm
      And if he scored the winner from going up for the corner like he did against Chelsea then you'd be singing a different tune.

So as I said, behave yourself if you think trying to win a game is stupid.

But the point is he didn’t sore the wining goal but helped United to score the wining goal, great player but very poor defending at that point in the game
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      Reply #887: Mar 18, 2024 08:07:09 pm
      As for Fenadez how the F**k did he stay on the field after that tackle on two faced dirty b***ard imagine that tackle on him. It wasn’t red but it certainly was yellow and he should have been off
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #888: Mar 18, 2024 08:07:20 pm
      It is what it is, we’ll bounce back boys.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      Reply #889: Mar 18, 2024 08:21:06 pm
      Watch Endo on the first goal, a United free kick no one set and he passes the ball to the free kick taker, who broke and ended up leading to Uniteds first goal
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #890: Mar 18, 2024 08:42:25 pm

Missed the game yesterday, your spot on with this.

A game that always could go either way.

Let's bring home the title and Europa to soften the blow.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      Reply #891: Mar 18, 2024 08:45:05 pm
      Not bothered with the Europa but please win the title
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      Reply #892: Mar 18, 2024 08:53:26 pm
      Where we have to wise up is when that low life Fernandez nearly broke Dons leg we should have been all over the ref asking for a card but instead we meekly walked away allowing the coward of a ref to let the game go on..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #893: Mar 18, 2024 09:02:00 pm

You feeling better now.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #894: Mar 18, 2024 09:03:16 pm
      Missed the game yesterday, your spot on with this.

How on earth did you miss a game like that Si? Must of watched highlights?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #895: Mar 18, 2024 09:14:27 pm
      How on earth did you miss a game like that Si? Must of watched highlights?

Only back from weeks holiday and had to work mate.

Flat out all day today as it's Bank Holiday over here for St Patricks Day so haven't had a minute
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,565 posts | 730 
      Reply #896: Mar 18, 2024 09:33:08 pm
      Listen lads, no need to panic. We've lost 5 times this season. Only twice in the league. sh*t happens. This is an UNBELIEVABLE run. We know we have lots of injuries and a full strength team is beating that United team handily. On to the next one.

Quick Reply