Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man U?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      7 (12.3%)
      Jarell Quansah
      7 (12.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      12 (21.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.8%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      19 (33.3%)
      Wataru Endo
      2 (3.5%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      2 (3.5%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      1 (1.8%)
      Mohamed Salah
      2 (3.5%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (1.8%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Bobby Clark
      2 (3.5%)
      Conor Bradley
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: Mar 21, 2024 06:08:24 pm

Manchester United 4-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 12077 times
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 840 posts | 164 
      Re: Manchester United 4-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #897: Mar 18, 2024 10:06:33 pm
      Watch Endo on the first goal, a United free kick no one set and he passes the ball to the free kick taker, who broke and ended up leading to Uniteds first goal
      & yet there was still another 2 errors after that from us which were totally preventable and that's ignoring the free kick was probably a needless one to give away in the first instance.

Just a horror show all round.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #898: Mar 19, 2024 01:48:41 am
      Read the last 10 pages.

Still guttered..makes me sick.

F**k off Keith ya c**t!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,997 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #899: Mar 19, 2024 06:54:28 am
      Read the last 10 pages.

Still guttered..makes me sick.

F**k off Keith ya c**t!

Who me! I’ve changed my name to Gomez, thought he had a great game.  :f_whistle:
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,288 posts | 1401 
      Reply #900: Mar 19, 2024 11:52:59 am
      Way too much publicity over this game.Too much negativity as well. We just didn't click going at them in the second half. On another day we score 3 at least. In that sense it was more self inflicted. We weren't wiped out, we just misfired up front. And given that the team has been upside down due to injuries, that can happen.

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,308 posts | 773 
      Reply #901: Mar 19, 2024 01:26:51 pm
      Way too much publicity over this game.Too much negativity as well. We just didn't click going at them in the second half. On another day we score 3 at least. In that sense it was more self inflicted. We weren't wiped out, we just misfired up front. And given that the team has been upside down due to injuries, that can happen.
      As you know the fixture always invites extra scrutiny, and the negative response is directly related to the manner in which we lost the game.
      As at Spurs we lost it with virtually the last kick of the game, and that hurts more. Diaz seems to be the player a lot on here have singled out and are most unhappy with, I personally didn't think he was any worse than anyone else....but we are all free to articulate any criticism we like....I hammered Elliott during the game....it doesn't really matter.
      It was the one that got away....we move on. All clubs suffer injuries, but the number we have had, all at the same time, and to such senior players has been such bad luck ....We're in a great position going into the last quarter of the season....All to play for etc.etc.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,329 posts | 280 
      Reply #902: Mar 19, 2024 06:42:29 pm
      You’re one of a limited few who think Liverpool deserved to win it Rushie. 😂  On 120 mins thought we had the edge. It could have of gone your way if you’d of got that 3rd goal.

Oh no doubt Utd had the chances to bury the game I just meant at 2-1 up we had a long time controlling the game and paid the price for not killing the game during that spell
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1401 
      Reply #903: Mar 19, 2024 09:52:00 pm
      As you know the fixture always invites extra scrutiny, and the negative response is directly related to the manner in which we lost the game.
      As at Spurs we lost it with virtually the last kick of the game, and that hurts more. Diaz seems to be the player a lot on here have singled out and are most unhappy with, I personally didn't think he was any worse than anyone else....but we are all free to articulate any criticism we like....I hammered Elliott during the game....it doesn't really matter.
      It was the one that got away....we move on. All clubs suffer injuries, but the number we have had, all at the same time, and to such senior players has been such bad luck ....We're in a great position going into the last quarter of the season....All to play for etc.etc.

Nuther excellent post.And yes still plenty to enjoy this season. Cheers.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,997 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #904: Mar 19, 2024 09:58:15 pm
      Nuther excellent post.And yes still plenty to enjoy this season. Cheers.

He talks plenty of sense in his post/s. good addition to the forum.  :gt-happyup:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #905: Mar 20, 2024 07:26:24 am

F**k off you tw*t, you mentioned glory hunting how f***in ironic are you, you and that other Cnut Aminegriffy should F**k right off, you pair are the exact opposite of what Jürgen calls support, you don’t know the meaning of being a Red, cos proper Reds support thru thick and thin, and not just when we’re winning, that’s for plastic clubs like Chavs & City, Spuds or Arse  supporters, moaning cu*ts !!

having a dig at Diaz,Gakpo Virgil, true Reds don’t slate their own, but you pair of cu*ts do on a regular basis if we don’t win, what the F**k are ye, if yer not Reds ??

IF YOU CANT SUPPORT US WHEN WE’RE LOSING, DON’T SUPPORT US WHEN  WE’RE WINNING !!!

most on these boards won’t say F**k all about this, but not f***in me, I’ll call you out or anyone else who has the same f***in shitty attitude !!!

f***in pisses me tae F**k off, you’re either with us or you’re f***in not, win or lose, that’s what you call proper support and if you can’t or won’t dial in then F**k off and support some other Glory hunting F**k pigs, now I might get f***in banned for saying this, so be f***in it, but I’ll always support my club 100% every time they play good bad or indifferent, it’s why we are the best supporters on the planet, well most of us are, except Glory hunters like you, F**k OFF WITH THAT sh*t !!!

UP THE REDMEN!!!

I am allowed an opinion you may not like it but there you go, i think you have some anger issues, and you are a bully, easy to rant and rave the far side of a keyboard, I have supported LFC for over 58 years and have seen both good and not so good teams because I question some of the player’s performance doesn’t mean I don’t support them and I am entitled to criticise when I feel it is deserved.
      « Last Edit: Mar 20, 2024 07:44:42 am by tezmac »
      ricohman
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 39 posts |
      Reply #906: Mar 20, 2024 08:20:41 am

F**k off you tw*t, you mentioned glory hunting how f***in ironic are you, you and that other Cnut Aminegriffy should F**k right off, you pair are the exact opposite of what Jürgen calls support, you don’t know the meaning of being a Red, cos proper Reds support thru thick and thin, and not just when we’re winning, that’s for plastic clubs like Chavs & City, Spuds or Arse  supporters, moaning cu*ts !!

having a dig at Diaz,Gakpo Virgil, true Reds don’t slate their own, but you pair of cu*ts do on a regular basis if we don’t win, what the F**k are ye, if yer not Reds ??

IF YOU CANT SUPPORT US WHEN WE’RE LOSING, DON’T SUPPORT US WHEN  WE’RE WINNING !!!

most on these boards won’t say F**k all about this, but not f***in me, I’ll call you out or anyone else who has the same f***in shitty attitude !!!

f***in pisses me tae F**k off, you’re either with us or you’re f***in not, win or lose, that’s what you call proper support and if you can’t or won’t dial in then F**k off and support some other Glory hunting F**k pigs, now I might get f***in banned for saying this, so be f***in it, but I’ll always support my club 100% every time they play good bad or indifferent, it’s why we are the best supporters on the planet, well most of us are, except Glory hunters like you, F**k OFF WITH THAT sh*t !!!

UP THE REDMEN!!!

You have a big problem, seek help.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #907: Mar 20, 2024 08:38:53 am
      I am allowed an opinion you may not like it but there you go, i think you have some anger issues, and you are a bully, easy to rant and rave the far side of a keyboard, I have supported LFC for over 58 years and have seen both good and not so good teams because I question some of the player’s performance doesn’t mean I don’t support them and I am entitled to criticise when I feel it is deserved.

Not much of a supporter if yer slating the very same players that helped win us our first trophy this season and propelled us to the top of the league, on the periphery of Europa Cup Semi final and a very possible 20th league title,
      We all have opinions but we don’t all slate our players, they may not perform at their best from time to time but that’s when they need our support most,

I wasn’t too enamoured either by one or two at the weekend but i don’t give them pelters just because they had perhaps a off day, they are human after all and prone to mistakes like everyone else, advocating we sell the likes of Diaz & Gakpo because they may not come up to you’re or anyone else’s expectations is pathetic and not the kind of support expected of a Liverpool fan,

I’m as disappointed losing to them Cnuts as anyone, disappointed that they stopped our attempt at another Quad, especially in Jürgen’s final season, just wondering what he’d think of you and you’re we mate Aminegriffy as Liverpool fans, after coming out with he sh*te you said!!!

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #908: Mar 20, 2024 08:40:16 am

And you are ……??
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1401 
      Reply #909: Mar 20, 2024 08:43:16 am
      I'm a bit on the fence on this one, yes some poster went OTT on a few players. Losing is part & parcel of the game..7-2 Villa...2-5 Real M. Sh*t games, much worse than the Man U crap. But fans should take the positives etc.

On t'other hand, there has never been a Liverpool player or manager, who has been above criticism, needs toning down from time to time. But taking 6 of the best from BTR....mmmm...clip round the 'earhole and 50 lines for me.

But VAR might look at BTR's post and say...'check complete'...
      « Last Edit: Mar 20, 2024 10:54:01 am by Harrisimo »
      ricohman
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 39 posts |
      Reply #910: Mar 20, 2024 10:18:53 am

Someone that had massive anger issues, got help now I don't.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,997 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #911: Mar 20, 2024 10:26:48 am

Sounds like it didn't work.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #912: Mar 20, 2024 10:27:55 am

Think the poblem lies in it was United and everyone wants Jürgen to go on the biggist bang possible and it was a game we should have won
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,048 posts | 3431 
      Reply #913: Mar 20, 2024 10:46:00 am
      People have overreacted and some always overreact

There are some that as soon as there is a defeat will pile onto the scapegoats

The same people are mute when the said players do well

Some are always negative

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #914: Mar 20, 2024 06:05:19 pm

Who the F***ing hell are you, who the F***ing hell are you? If you don't recognise that old chant you have no right to question older Reds who've been all over Europe watching this club

Have some F***ing respect for old School Reds like Billythered you cheeky c**t?

And why ypu named after a sh*t ground in Coventry?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #915: Mar 20, 2024 06:06:32 pm

Tit and a complete wool pr**k by the sounds of things you are lad.

Ooooh look what I found from way back when about Roy F***ing Hodgson. turns out he's a shithouse that accepted arl Woy. Warra a F***ing knobhead

Lot of doom and gloom on here, I think he will do OK, he's never had so many good players to work
      with before.

Never F**k with scousers you soft tw*t.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,127 posts | 83 
      Reply #916: Mar 20, 2024 09:21:13 pm
      Sh*t like that happens once in a while and ManU away is not like playing Luton Town at Anfield. Overthinking is a bad idea in such cases. Just next. FA Cup is smaller then Europa League and infinitely smaller to PL. If we win PL, this season is a blast, else it is a disappointment either way (not a disaster since we will make CL).
      ricohman
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 39 posts |
      Reply #917: Mar 21, 2024 10:05:32 pm
      Who the F***ing hell are you, who the F***ing hell are you? If you don't recognise that old chant you have no right to question older Reds who've been all over Europe watching this club

Have some F***ing respect for old School Reds like Billythered you cheeky c**t?

And why ypu named after a sh*t ground in Coventry?

Wow can you even speak without swearing have you got tourette's?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #918: Mar 22, 2024 01:16:07 pm
      Wow can you even speak without swearing have you got tourette's?

I'm typing not speaking! But why choose a sh*t ground in Coventry as your username?

Were you also so triumphant about Woy managing Engurland? :laugh:

« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2024 03:17:02 pm by HUYTON RED »
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #919: Mar 22, 2024 01:54:35 pm
      Quote from king kenny
      I can't remember the last time Utd played to win instead of trying not to lose.  Keith they just about deserved the win.   Let me put them glasses back on now ;D.   I think like Jürgen said they were fresher at the end of the game.   

I think history teaches us that quadruples are impossible and from our experience dangerous.   We got the closest ever with the next season an absolute nightmare.   In hindsight might not be a bad idea of not handing a squad of shattered players to the incoming manager.   If Thursday's and Sunday's aren't  enough.  We were below par but long term may be the better competition to leave to the others. 

I think if they decide to come and play to win the league should get the 3 points.  Get them glasses off again have to say as disappointed as I am have to admit it was a classic. 

Quadruple this and quadruple that. Sick of listening to all that nonsense spoken about for the past 2 months. When City can't even manage it, what hope have we got? It's not that the players aren't good enough, it just adds extra unnecessary pressure on top of everything else we have to deal with. Just win something first, and then we try to win the next one.

We've never won a cup game there in my lifetime. No matter how good we are, or how bad they are, nothing works. There have been many excuses to explain why down the years. Now the strenuous effects of a glorified training session against Sparta Prague at home a few nights before, is the latest one. And of course, the game had to be decided in the last minute.

One thing I think should be looked at, is scrapping the concept of extra time. Nobody wants it, nobody likes it, players don't want it, managers don't want it, broadcasters don't want it, and it's usually dull as ditchwater. We have more than enough extra time added on nowadays at the end of games, and we have penalties available as well, so why are we still putting players through an extra 30 minutes of risk and stress, when it's really not needed? And while we're at it, scrap semis at neutral grounds and replays in other rounds. The former isn't needed, and regarding the latter, none of the major clubs want them anymore.

So they'll just have to get by in the competition without us. Hopefully it will release the pressure of needing to have the perfect season to send Jürgen home.

Quick Reply