Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Pre-Match: Man Utd v Liverpool - Sun 7 Apr 3:30 BST

Read 2102 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Pre-Match: Man Utd v Liverpool - Sun 7 Apr 3:30 BST
      Apr 06, 2024 12:29:03 pm
      8 games to go. Three points required.

Endo should be back in the side for this one.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Re: Pre-Match: Man Utd v Liverpool - Sun 7 Apr 3:30 BST
      Reply #1: Apr 06, 2024 12:30:11 pm
      Kelleher
      Gomez
      Ibou
      VVD
      Robbo
      Endo
      Mac
      Jones
      Diaz
      Nunez
      Mo
      Harrisimo

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #2: Apr 06, 2024 01:29:41 pm
      Kelleher
      Gomez
      Ibou
      VVD
      Robbo
      Endo
      Mac
      Jones
      Diaz
      Nunez
      Mo

Bradley at RB for me. Joe on the bench. Jones or Dom. Jones works hard and fits better with Robbo. Dom is playing catch up a bit. Great start here but he's on the periphery a lot since his injury. Needs to up the ante to get in.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,545 posts | 1488 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #3: Apr 06, 2024 01:43:13 pm
                         Kelleher
        Bradley - Konate - Virgil - Robbo
                             Endo
                       Macca - Jones
                 Salah - Nunez - Diaz
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4: Apr 06, 2024 02:12:32 pm
      Kelleher
      Gomez
      Ibou
      VVD
      Robbo
      Endo
      Mac
      Jones
      Diaz
      Nunez
      Mo

Onana
      Wan-Bissaka
      Maguire
      McTominay
      Dalot
      Casemiro
      Mainoo
      Eriksen
      Fernandes
      Garnacho
      Hojlund

:f_whistle: :f_tongueincheek: :lmao:

Harrisimo

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #5: Apr 06, 2024 03:10:44 pm
      Onana
      Wan-Bissaka
      Maguire
      McTominay
      Dalot
      Casemiro
      Mainoo
      Eriksen
      Fernandes
      Garnacho
      Hojlund

:f_whistle: :f_tongueincheek: :lmao:

Stumbled on half a player in Mainoo have yer. Playing Mr. McGoo..aka The Sloth. One Biscuit is one paced. Chelsea was a dereliction for sure. Defense went AWOL. Rashford will throw a tantrum.Ten Bob Note should put him up for grabs ASAP.
      Garnacho is overrated as is Antony. Fernandes is a bit of a grumpy moaner, plays when it suits him.

Keep a good supply of towels on the bench..might come in handy..
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Reply #6: Apr 06, 2024 03:53:48 pm
      They are going to come out storming at us. Are we going to play catch up again with the scoreline, or can we match their intensity? Man Utd, will NOT roll over for us!
      Chances that come our way need to be finished off. Hoping for big game from our front three.
      rossyred

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Reply #7: Apr 06, 2024 04:00:16 pm
      Play the team not the occasion and we will win by at least two
      Don77

• 6,548 posts | 1093 
      Reply #8: Apr 06, 2024 04:12:06 pm
      Bradley at RB for me. Joe on the bench. Jones or Dom. Jones works hard and fits better with Robbo. Dom is playing catch up a bit. Great start here but he's on the periphery a lot since his injury. Needs to up the ante to get in.

Yeah bradley at right back. As i said in one of the other threads gomez is a centre back who has done a more than decent job as a full back. But its time to get away from square pegs in round holes.
      Millsy75
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 47 
      Reply #9: Apr 06, 2024 04:41:53 pm
                         Kelleher
        Bradley - Konate - Virgil - Robbo
                             Endo
                       Macca - Jones
                 Salah - Nunez - Diaz
      jones not played enough minutes,b szobo
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,251 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #10: Apr 06, 2024 04:41:55 pm
      Must win game, VVD must be a bit more careful going forward, we MUST NOT CONCEDE AN EARLY GOAL like so many games concentrate, we are the better team, come on you reds
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #11: Apr 06, 2024 04:43:54 pm
      Stumbled on half a player in Mainoo have yer. Playing Mr. McGoo..aka The Sloth. One Biscuit is one paced. Chelsea was a dereliction for sure. Defense went AWOL. Rashford will throw a tantrum.Ten Bob Note should put him up for grabs ASAP.
      Garnacho is overrated as is Antony. Fernandes is a bit of a grumpy moaner, plays when it suits him.

Keep a good supply of towels on the bench..might come in handy..

Not sure I agree with you saying Garnacho overrated? Thinks he’s doing really well for a teenager!!
      Rashford just doesn’t want to play for United anymore, well and truly spit his dummy out.

Fcuked up with Antony 🤦‍♂️
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #12: Apr 06, 2024 04:45:33 pm
      Must win game, VVD must be a bit more careful going forward, we MUST NOT CONCEDE AN EARLY GOAL like so many games concentrate, we are the better team, come on you reds

Becoming a trade mark you conceding early, let’s hope it continues. 😂
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,950 posts | 5009 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #13: Apr 06, 2024 05:14:48 pm
      Different kettle of jobbies from a FA cup tie, we were far from our best that day and in the end Munts scored more than we did,

The lad Garnacho is decent for such a young player tbf, however he’s at the wrong club for enhancing his career, especially under ten fags,

As for Anthony he has to be the worst Brazilian since Stevie Wonder shaved his wife’s fanny, well it’s between him and pigeon head Richarlison??

Tomorrow is back to our bread & butter, and I think our gegenpress will render Mutants completely harmless, ppl will say we’re after revenge but I don’t see it like that, different competition, different circumstances, different mentality, the gap in league status should give a clue as to what the difference is both in class & quality, not saying it’s gonna be a walk in the park far from it but it’s entirely possible we could rip them another new one,
      Their problem is stopping us from constantly attacking them from almost every conceivable angle, left, right or thru the middle,
      They won’t park a bus and even if they did their vulnerability will be their downfall,

We just need to stay solid at the back and the rest will take care of everything else !!

1-3 Champions elect

YNWA
      Harrisimo

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #14: Apr 06, 2024 05:42:22 pm
      Not sure I agree with you saying Garnacho overrated? Thinks he’s doing really well for a teenager!!
      Rashford just doesn’t want to play for United anymore, well and truly spit his dummy out.

Fcuked up with Antony 🤦‍♂️

Yeah not too bad. Do like this young lad tho..Mainoo and I know it will be a test for us. Fair ref and it should be a good contest. We'll have to be much more clinical than we were in the Cup.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15: Apr 06, 2024 05:45:04 pm
      Different kettle of jobbies from a FA cup tie, we were far from our best that day and in the end Munts scored more than we did,

The lad Garnacho is decent for such a young player tbf, however he’s at the wrong club for enhancing his career, especially under ten fags,

As for Anthony he has to be the worst Brazilian since Stevie Wonder shaved his wife’s fanny, well it’s between him and pigeon head Richarlison??

Tomorrow is back to our bread & butter, and I think our gegenpress will render Mutants completely harmless, ppl will say we’re after revenge but I don’t see it like that, different competition, different circumstances, different mentality, the gap in league status should give a clue as to what the difference is both in class & quality, not saying it’s gonna be a walk in the park far from it but it’s entirely possible we could rip them another new one,
      Their problem is stopping us from constantly attacking them from almost every conceivable angle, left, right or thru the middle,
      They won’t park a bus and even if they did their vulnerability will be their downfall,

We just need to stay solid at the back and the rest will take care of everything else !!

1-3 Champions elect

YNWA

Tend to agree, you lot will be a different side it being a league match. I can hope though, take a draw now.  :f_whistle:
      Harrisimo

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #16: Apr 06, 2024 06:31:17 pm
      Nunez has to stay onside and be ready for the ball over the top. We ripped into them in the cup, exposed their weak central defense. We created 7/8 situations but just misfired at the wrong time.

We handed them the initiative, we can't make the same mistake again.Their obviously way off the top 4 but if we don't have the killer instinct, it'll just be more nervvy stuff.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,950 posts | 5009 
      Reply #17: Apr 06, 2024 06:34:48 pm
      Tend to agree, you lot will be a different side it being a league match. I can hope though, take a draw now.  :f_whistle:

The very best you can hope for Keith, we stay solid it’s hard to see where you get any joy, up the other end though it’s the complete opposite, if we can stay on the front foot it’s difficult to see how you can keep us out, meanwhile in the centre I think you’ll be overrun,

Virgil, Endo, security, Macca with maybe Jones & Szloboslai, the power, Diaz, Nunez & Mo provide the thrust, what a machine!!!

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18: Apr 06, 2024 06:36:16 pm
      Nunez has to stay onside and be ready for the ball over the top. We ripped into them in the cup, exposed their weak central defense. We created 7/8 situations but just misfired at the wrong time.

We handed them the initiative, we can't make the same mistake again.Their obviously way off the top 4 but if we don't have the killer instinct, it'll just be more nervvy stuff.

It’s one of the weakest part of his game, gets caught out to many times. Still be happy if he’s on the bench though, he still gives me the sh!ts 😂
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19: Apr 06, 2024 06:38:26 pm

The very best you can hope for Keith, we stay solid it’s hard to see where you get any joy, up the other end though it’s the complete opposite, if we can stay on the front foot it’s difficult to see how you can keep us out, meanwhile in the centre I think you’ll be overrun,

Virgil, Endo, security, Macca with maybe Jones & Szloboslai, the power, Diaz, Nunez & Mo provide the thrust, what a machine!!!

YNWA

Don’t think we can keep you out Billy. However, last few games you’ve not been at your best, especially making hard work of the canon fodder sat at the bottom.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 1099 
      Reply #20: Apr 06, 2024 06:41:27 pm
      Keith, what's up at CB for you all?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #21: Apr 06, 2024 06:43:42 pm

Fcuked f I know these days Red, I’ve stopped trying to work it out. 🤢
      Harrisimo

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #22: Apr 06, 2024 07:31:08 pm
      Could be Maguire with that young lad Kambwala. Think Evans and Varane are injured or not ready.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,223 posts | 1222 
      Reply #23: Apr 06, 2024 07:41:32 pm
      Show no mercy tomorrow. We need to be ruthless.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #24: Apr 06, 2024 07:48:06 pm
      A must win game. We need to win all of our remaining games if we want the league

I don’t think either Arsenal or Man City will drop any points
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #25: Apr 06, 2024 07:51:01 pm
      Two keys for me are not conceding early. It seems to be happening every game. Secondly, the lads simply have to be more clinical up top. For so long in the FA Cup game it was men against boys but we simply couldn’t convert for the 3rd goal that would have killed the game.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,348 posts | 1532 
      Reply #26: Apr 06, 2024 07:52:54 pm
      With our high line, and inverted full back, we are vulnerable to the swift counter down our right.
      Unfortunately that’s utd strength if they have one.
      Can we just cover that area so we don’t go goal for goal this game.
      They are likely to sit back and counter as they they know they won’t outplay us in an open game.
      We’ve just gotta be patient and not have everyone up on the halfway line, and no defensive width or pace.
      And sort your F***ing heads out and keep a clean sheet for once, and no early goals conceded.
      Seeing city and arse have done their job, knowingly versus weaker sides, this game really puts the shits up me, because we don’t seem to learn do we 🤷‍♂️
      Still going for a reds win, but we gotta really get into them from the off !
      1:3 to the RED MEN !
      Don77

• 6,548 posts | 1093 
      Reply #27: Apr 06, 2024 07:58:44 pm
      With our high line, and inverted full back, we are vulnerable to the swift counter down our right.
      They are likely to sit back and counter as they they know they won’t outplay us in an open game.
      We’ve just gotta be patient and not have everyone up on the halfway line, and no defensive width or pace.
      And sort your F***ing heads out and keep a clean sheet for once, and no early goals conceded.
      Seeing city and arse have done their job, knowingly versus weaker sides, this game really puts the shits up me, because we don’t seem to learn do we 🤷‍♂️

You say weaker sides? We just scraped a win at palace when they had 10 men and dropped 2 points at brighton. Both did their job today and by all accounts it was straightforward for both.

Can we do ours tomorrow? Thats all that matters now.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,950 posts | 5009 
      Reply #28: Apr 06, 2024 08:01:30 pm
      Don’t think we can keep you out Billy. However, last few games you’ve not been at your best, especially making hard work of the canon fodder sat at the bottom.

Agree mate, but the cannon fodder park the buses, don’t see Ten Fags using that for 90+, so it’s likely to be more open and that suits us very nicely, also pace & tempo will be higher and again that plays into our hands, we’re getting our injured back now too which offers more options as well , there’s less of a drop in quality when we rotate, more or less like for like, Jones back this week, and we should have Jota, Bajcetic back in training next week,
      Think we’ll be too much for you’re lot tomorrow, right now I’d settle for 0-1 , but if I stick my neck out I’m quite enamoured with a 1-3 😁😜😁😜😁👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

YNWA
      Harrisimo

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #29: Apr 06, 2024 08:58:18 pm

Don't think Brad comes inside as much as Trent but he does hold a high line. Endo and Mo as well will have to check back at times. We have to defend far better in the opening skirmishes. Press press press from the kick off and cut out the sloppy passes.

Their defense is crap and they've scored less than they've conceded..43-44.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 300 
      Reply #30: Apr 06, 2024 09:09:00 pm
      Could be Maguire with that young lad Kambwala. Think Evans and Varane are injured or not ready.

That's crazy, how much money have they spent and that is their CB partnership. I know they have some injuries but they have a terrible recruitment strategy.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 862 posts | 170 
      Reply #31: Apr 06, 2024 09:24:05 pm
      If no one has mentioned it already, this is a must mother F***ing win game.

The must win of all must wins.

Do or die.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 862 posts | 170 
      Reply #32: Apr 06, 2024 09:26:06 pm
      Oh and preferably no flimsy starts like we've been accustomed to this season.

Go right at them from kick off, let's make these fuckers quit. Mentally sap all the hydration from their souls.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,129 posts | 83 
      Reply #33: Apr 06, 2024 09:41:18 pm

Forget it. I preach that since YEARS. Klopp won‘t change his philosophy, for the good or bad. Definitely a statement game. The Whores can spoil our quest for #20 and at least their fans will be up to.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3921 
      Reply #34: Apr 06, 2024 10:54:32 pm
      We have to win
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,883 posts | 421 
      Reply #35: Apr 06, 2024 11:05:24 pm
      Be under no illusions these will give this everything. A point for them here will be their biggest victory of the season and a win would be a Champions League final win.

We can't be thinking they'll let us piss about in front of goal and still win.

Chances will come and we have to take them. We also have to be mindful of their speed on the break.

A good start is absolutely vital. We go 1 down to this lot inside 5 minutes it will only make things harder.

Team has to come first. Right pass at the right time team before individual and finish off the chances lads.

Time to stop letting these cu*ts lure is in with their sh*t football.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #36: Apr 07, 2024 02:35:07 am
      I’m backing us to smash these hard. We’re due a day where everything clicks. They can’t defend. We should be angry about the FA cup. Thrash metal football please. 1-5.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,558 posts | 1790 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #37: Apr 07, 2024 08:27:43 am
      Any sort of win will do today.

But would be nice to smash them hard.

Up the reds.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 60 
      Reply #38: Apr 07, 2024 09:01:16 am
      Be hard for them to get up for this i feel after the Chelsea implosion,even though it was funny,just got to win.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #39: Apr 07, 2024 09:14:06 am
      Very worried about this match. What if we lose or draw?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,950 posts | 5009 
      Reply #40: Apr 07, 2024 09:33:18 am
      For me it’s all about attitude’s, there’s will be to stop us in our tracks obviously but how do they do that ? How do you stop a Red juggernaut who you know deep down their twice if not three times better, in probably every department, forget the win in the FA cup, that’s totally different to what they’ll face today,

Ours is simpler, we just want the three points, we won’t be worrying about how they set up, we won’t be worrying what their plan is, they’ll be doing all the worrying, we just need to cross that whitewash and play football, our football, the way we can, it’s that simple, we know we’re better, they know we’re better, we just need to show that we are, by playing our football and not theirs,

This will be Jürgen’s last against the MUtants, he knows the importance of beating one of our rivals, the players know it’s his last dance with them too, but it’s not just about getting one over our rivals, our title challenge depends on us getting those three points, so our attitude is title based as well, and that means we will want it more, there’s more riding on it if you want !!

For me any win will do,a scrappy 1 niller, just get the job done, simples

1-3

YNWA
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,299 posts | 766 
      Reply #41: Apr 07, 2024 10:14:47 am
      If we turn up, as no doubt we will, there should be no stopping us. We are the better team, and should take all three points. A 3  1 win over the Mancs.
      Harrisimo

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #42: Apr 07, 2024 10:18:56 am
      Low level motivation from Ten Bob Note..telling his team to go out angry,when the anger is pent up inside Ten Bob himself. He's had 2 years and the club is nowhere near the top 4. His best striker Rashford, scored 30 last season I think, but has no motivation this season and could be finished at the club.

Sent Sancho packing and now Rashford is demotivated..only 26 and should be in his prime..tut tut..

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3921 
      Reply #43: Apr 07, 2024 10:56:06 am
      Feel sick about today, I F***ing hate playing these
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,335 posts | 778 
      Reply #44: Apr 07, 2024 11:18:11 am
      They're pretty leaky at the back so I've no doubt we'll create numerous chances...we always do....But we've struggled lately to turn presentable chances into goals...This afternoon it's all about finding the back of the net. Big game mentality needed and all of the players need to be 100% on it from the start...Dom could do with taking a leaf out of Mac's songbook and applying himself a bit more...he's got all the ability, tad more effort and concentration....and one of those hallmark screamer's would do the trick.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,545 posts | 1488 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #45: Apr 07, 2024 11:31:01 am
      I'll be pissed off if we start slow again, there is no excuse not to be 100% from the start when facing these cu*ts... we've had a lot worse teams in the past, the likes of Downing, Spearing, Carrol managed by an owl in a coat but one thing we always had was intensity from the start against these cu*ts, even when they were winning everything we gave them a game and often came away with a win, so theres no excuse for us to start slow with the talent we are spoilt with now.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #46: Apr 07, 2024 11:33:25 am
      Afraid of not getting three points. How do we get two goals before kick off? If we win I’ll return to post that I was never in doubt.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,950 posts | 5009 
      Reply #47: Apr 07, 2024 11:35:11 am

Sheesh, where’s yer passion?

Kinell I got f***in butterflies trampolining in my lower intestine, f***in love these encounters, this is why we love the beautiful game, the rivalry, the hatred for some, it’s everything you want for a battle, two great clubs battling for supremacy,
      I’m not sure it will be mentioned but when we do win the title this season we’ll be equal on 20 a piece, going by trophies won(they reckon their ahead, their not) but like to taunt us with their one more title than us sh*t, that won’t happen again hopefully ever,

Way back in our quiet years I don’t think we sunk as low as these fuckers have presently, before Ferguson arrived they were a proper mid table entity, so it’s no surprise to me their back to where it all began, a mediocre outfit with a occasional positive cup run, and that’s exactly what they are now.

They’ve had their moment in the sun with their cup final against us, today we’re a completely different animal, and I just can’t see them handling the intensity we will bring ??

YNWA
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,395 posts | 2823 
      Reply #48: Apr 07, 2024 11:42:02 am
      Need to learn the lessons from last month.

Expect their fast start and dig in. Get ourselves on the ball and grow into the game. Can't be F***ing about giving them a headstart like last time. And then when we are the game, make it count. Need to be much more clinical when we are having a good spell in the game.

I know United aren't that great at the moment but this is certainly the toughest game we have left in the run in for me. Win this and it will send a real message.
      rossyred

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Reply #49: Apr 07, 2024 11:50:23 am
      Need to learn the lessons from last month.

Expect their fast start and dig in. Get ourselves on the ball and grow into the game. Can't be F***ing about giving them a headstart like last time. And then when we are the game, make it count. Need to be much more clinical when we are having a good spell in the game.

I know United aren't that great at the moment but this is certainly the toughest game we have left in the run in for me. Win this and it will send a real message.

Sums it up really expect us to have the majority of the game and need to make it count. They will undoubtedly get chances and I would be amazed if they didn't score so going to need to take chances when they come . Midfield is where we really need to take the game by scruff of neck
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #50: Apr 07, 2024 12:16:07 pm
      Whoever loses their league season will be hugely impacted. A win for us will see a lot of us believe we can win it.
      About time we won a big game against a historic rival.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,129 posts | 83 
      Reply #51: Apr 07, 2024 12:19:13 pm

I do not think so. If we draw, we‘re still in good position, a lot can and will happen in the remaining 7 games. All I want is a crisp performance, like coming out with swagger, play to win, not gettin intimidated by the crowd. Because some of our road games have been flat, if we can avoid that I am ok even when we draw or lose. You can only give 100%, you cannot rule fate or bad luck or an opponent having a Superman-Day.
      Don77

• 6,548 posts | 1093 
      Reply #52: Apr 07, 2024 12:22:35 pm
      Think i would go with Jones over Dom today. Thought he was playing great before he got injured and he did well as sub the other night.

Kells

Bradley
      Gomez/konate
      Virg
      Robbo

Endo
      Macca
      Jones

Salah
      Nunez
      Diaz

They did the business yesterday. Its put up or shut up today. Im convinced both will win out from here.  Nothing less than 3 today will do. No excuses, no comatose start, no soft goals, messing about in posession, missed chances and blown 5 on 1 breaks. Just a big time performance please because we are miles better than them. But youve got to match their fight first,  because mentally they are fragile and weak. Be ruthless and they will cave in.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #53: Apr 07, 2024 12:52:37 pm
      These are the games you want as a fan , come on you redmen , let’s get a start and keep it up , buzzing for it let’s get back on the perch up the fckin reds YNWA
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #54: Apr 07, 2024 01:03:40 pm
      Celtic dominating rangers without any away fans. Hope our boys can show the same attitude
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,348 posts | 1532 
      Reply #55: Apr 07, 2024 01:05:35 pm
      We know we are vulnerable to a swift counter. That won’t matter a jot as long as we do our job up top and bury the chances we create.
      Also, if there’s only 1 goal in it, in our favour with 15 mins to go. Don’t make subs for the sake of it, as it seems to disrupt our rythm for 5 mins and we create our own problems 🤷‍♂️

Let’s press and boss it from the start, and don’t take our foot off the gas !
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Reply #56: Apr 07, 2024 01:15:35 pm
      It's been notable this season just how poor the top three title chasers have been against teams in the top six. 

We've put two poor performances in against United this season so hopefully we pull our fingers out for the third attempt.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #57: Apr 07, 2024 01:21:23 pm
      Nervous about this. They are there for the taking but because of our last fixture in which our players showed a disgraceful nonchalant attitude and played so badly, I'm not sure what to expect.

We simply have to win but will we show that desire?

We were happy enough to get knocked out of the FA cup so I'm not convinced.
      rossyred

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Reply #58: Apr 07, 2024 01:26:48 pm

The reason I have Joe at RB is that they will target that side.and for some reason I just think Konate is not going to play so need that bit of nous with Quansah
      Harrisimo

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #59: Apr 07, 2024 01:27:58 pm
      All our remaining games will be very difficult but this game takes it up a notch. There's no love lost that's for sure. Some of the players might not get the animosity but it's there alright. Ten Bob is trying to ratchet it up even more.

Obviously we say bring it on but may be we shouldn't get dragged into a war zone. Taylor's likely to start waving yellow cards around and mostly in our direction. So clean and clinical. 0-2.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #60: Apr 07, 2024 01:33:06 pm
      Looking forward to this game , the lads are getting results and confident, only player that could upset a win is Fernandes with his falling over and getting a penalty , Endo needs to pick him up and put him in his pocket ! prediction a 2-0 win for us
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,545 posts | 1488 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #61: Apr 07, 2024 01:33:53 pm
      Shitting bricks the closer it gets.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #62: Apr 07, 2024 01:39:46 pm

Need a bucket ?
      Harrisimo

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #63: Apr 07, 2024 01:49:50 pm

Well sunshine just look at your last 6 and there's 3 great big..L..in there...no not L for leather...L...for LOSER...rock on kidder..
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #64: Apr 07, 2024 01:50:46 pm
      Joe Gomez to replace no one. Has to be on the bench today. Wouldn't have Jones start either.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,223 posts | 1222 
      Reply #65: Apr 07, 2024 01:57:14 pm
      Hopefully not as mental as our last game there. We have to keep it tight, remain professional and above all be clinical this time, as we are bound to have our chances.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #66: Apr 07, 2024 02:07:22 pm
      We need to be 2 goals up by 20 minutes and 3 goals up by half time. For me to be at peace. Otherwise I fear we may not get the three points.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,950 posts | 5009 
      Reply #67: Apr 07, 2024 02:09:28 pm

Aye, and put over his heid!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
      rossyred

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Reply #68: Apr 07, 2024 02:20:33 pm
      As I thought no Konate
      Don77

• 6,548 posts | 1093 
      Reply #69: Apr 07, 2024 02:22:03 pm
      The reason I have Joe at RB is that they will target that side.and for some reason I just think Konate is not going to play so need that bit of nous with Quansah

The reason being Konate should not have played on thursday. Quansah or Gomez would have been the option. He might play though ... but like you i dont expect him to because of his issues backing up midweek/weekend.

As for today ... why weaken us? We had a few issues last weekend in that Mo and Dom didnt really help bradley ... and quansah is still inexperienced. Today endo will be back which is vital.

Gomez is a centre back. Hes not a full back and he is a better centre back that quansah. Not a knock on quansah, just a fact.

Robertson and Bradley can hurt them today. Gomez offers nothing wide because thats not his game. World of difference when he went off thursday and robertson came on. Bradley can do the same and with Gomez, with his experience, inside him at centre back i like that setup. Gomez playing out of position just nullifies one of our threats. Bradley can look after himself. Be a good test for him up against garnacho.

I remember Joey and Virg having a great partnership at one time. And then Joe got injured. This is the fittest he has looked in years and id like to see them get that partnership going again and have a settled, experienced centre back partnership.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #70: Apr 07, 2024 02:26:45 pm
      Yeah was surprised Konate played through that on Thursday, looked a sore one. Not surprised if he misses today.
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #71: Apr 07, 2024 02:30:16 pm
      Konate injured again
      rossyred

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Reply #72: Apr 07, 2024 02:30:39 pm
      Yeah was surprised Konate played through that on Thursday, looked a sore one. Not surprised if he misses today.

If he makes squad does klopp feel Quanshah moat deserving of start?
      Jimsouse67

• 9,491 posts | 1479 
      Reply #73: Apr 07, 2024 02:31:09 pm
      Being Ruthless & clinical  will see us get the 3 points today & No bigger incentive than topping the table.
      Can’t be doing with these F***ing us  over  3 times this season.
      rossyred

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Reply #74: Apr 07, 2024 02:31:39 pm
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 758 posts | 128 
      Reply #75: Apr 07, 2024 02:36:04 pm
      I’m backing us to smash these hard. We’re due a day where everything clicks. They can’t defend. We should be angry about the FA cup. Thrash metal football please. 1-5.
      Death/Thrash black Metal remix please....

Quick Reply