Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Pre-Match: Man Utd v Liverpool - Sun 7 Apr 3:30 BST

Read 2106 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,223 posts | 1222 
      Re: Pre-Match: Man Utd v Liverpool - Sun 7 Apr 3:30 BST
      Reply #23: Apr 06, 2024 07:41:32 pm
      Show no mercy tomorrow. We need to be ruthless.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #24: Apr 06, 2024 07:48:06 pm
      A must win game. We need to win all of our remaining games if we want the league

I don’t think either Arsenal or Man City will drop any points
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #25: Apr 06, 2024 07:51:01 pm
      Two keys for me are not conceding early. It seems to be happening every game. Secondly, the lads simply have to be more clinical up top. For so long in the FA Cup game it was men against boys but we simply couldn’t convert for the 3rd goal that would have killed the game.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #26: Apr 06, 2024 07:52:54 pm
      With our high line, and inverted full back, we are vulnerable to the swift counter down our right.
      Unfortunately that’s utd strength if they have one.
      Can we just cover that area so we don’t go goal for goal this game.
      They are likely to sit back and counter as they they know they won’t outplay us in an open game.
      We’ve just gotta be patient and not have everyone up on the halfway line, and no defensive width or pace.
      And sort your F***ing heads out and keep a clean sheet for once, and no early goals conceded.
      Seeing city and arse have done their job, knowingly versus weaker sides, this game really puts the shits up me, because we don’t seem to learn do we 🤷‍♂️
      Still going for a reds win, but we gotta really get into them from the off !
      1:3 to the RED MEN !
      Don77

• 6,549 posts | 1093 
      Reply #27: Apr 06, 2024 07:58:44 pm
      With our high line, and inverted full back, we are vulnerable to the swift counter down our right.
      They are likely to sit back and counter as they they know they won’t outplay us in an open game.
      We’ve just gotta be patient and not have everyone up on the halfway line, and no defensive width or pace.
      And sort your F***ing heads out and keep a clean sheet for once, and no early goals conceded.
      Seeing city and arse have done their job, knowingly versus weaker sides, this game really puts the shits up me, because we don’t seem to learn do we 🤷‍♂️

You say weaker sides? We just scraped a win at palace when they had 10 men and dropped 2 points at brighton. Both did their job today and by all accounts it was straightforward for both.

Can we do ours tomorrow? Thats all that matters now.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,950 posts | 5009 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #28: Apr 06, 2024 08:01:30 pm
      Don’t think we can keep you out Billy. However, last few games you’ve not been at your best, especially making hard work of the canon fodder sat at the bottom.

Agree mate, but the cannon fodder park the buses, don’t see Ten Fags using that for 90+, so it’s likely to be more open and that suits us very nicely, also pace & tempo will be higher and again that plays into our hands, we’re getting our injured back now too which offers more options as well , there’s less of a drop in quality when we rotate, more or less like for like, Jones back this week, and we should have Jota, Bajcetic back in training next week,
      Think we’ll be too much for you’re lot tomorrow, right now I’d settle for 0-1 , but if I stick my neck out I’m quite enamoured with a 1-3 😁😜😁😜😁👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

YNWA
      Harrisimo

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #29: Apr 06, 2024 08:58:18 pm

Don't think Brad comes inside as much as Trent but he does hold a high line. Endo and Mo as well will have to check back at times. We have to defend far better in the opening skirmishes. Press press press from the kick off and cut out the sloppy passes.

Their defense is crap and they've scored less than they've conceded..43-44.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 300 
      Reply #30: Apr 06, 2024 09:09:00 pm
      Could be Maguire with that young lad Kambwala. Think Evans and Varane are injured or not ready.

That's crazy, how much money have they spent and that is their CB partnership. I know they have some injuries but they have a terrible recruitment strategy.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 864 posts | 170 
      Reply #31: Apr 06, 2024 09:24:05 pm
      If no one has mentioned it already, this is a must mother F***ing win game.

The must win of all must wins.

Do or die.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 864 posts | 170 
      Reply #32: Apr 06, 2024 09:26:06 pm
      Oh and preferably no flimsy starts like we've been accustomed to this season.

Go right at them from kick off, let's make these fuckers quit. Mentally sap all the hydration from their souls.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,129 posts | 83 
      Reply #33: Apr 06, 2024 09:41:18 pm

Forget it. I preach that since YEARS. Klopp won‘t change his philosophy, for the good or bad. Definitely a statement game. The Whores can spoil our quest for #20 and at least their fans will be up to.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3921 
      Reply #34: Apr 06, 2024 10:54:32 pm
      We have to win
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,883 posts | 421 
      Reply #35: Apr 06, 2024 11:05:24 pm
      Be under no illusions these will give this everything. A point for them here will be their biggest victory of the season and a win would be a Champions League final win.

We can't be thinking they'll let us piss about in front of goal and still win.

Chances will come and we have to take them. We also have to be mindful of their speed on the break.

A good start is absolutely vital. We go 1 down to this lot inside 5 minutes it will only make things harder.

Team has to come first. Right pass at the right time team before individual and finish off the chances lads.

Time to stop letting these cu*ts lure is in with their sh*t football.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #36: Apr 07, 2024 02:35:07 am
      I’m backing us to smash these hard. We’re due a day where everything clicks. They can’t defend. We should be angry about the FA cup. Thrash metal football please. 1-5.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,558 posts | 1792 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #37: Apr 07, 2024 08:27:43 am
      Any sort of win will do today.

But would be nice to smash them hard.

Up the reds.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 60 
      Reply #38: Apr 07, 2024 09:01:16 am
      Be hard for them to get up for this i feel after the Chelsea implosion,even though it was funny,just got to win.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #39: Apr 07, 2024 09:14:06 am
      Very worried about this match. What if we lose or draw?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,950 posts | 5009 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #40: Apr 07, 2024 09:33:18 am
      For me it’s all about attitude’s, there’s will be to stop us in our tracks obviously but how do they do that ? How do you stop a Red juggernaut who you know deep down their twice if not three times better, in probably every department, forget the win in the FA cup, that’s totally different to what they’ll face today,

Ours is simpler, we just want the three points, we won’t be worrying about how they set up, we won’t be worrying what their plan is, they’ll be doing all the worrying, we just need to cross that whitewash and play football, our football, the way we can, it’s that simple, we know we’re better, they know we’re better, we just need to show that we are, by playing our football and not theirs,

This will be Jürgen’s last against the MUtants, he knows the importance of beating one of our rivals, the players know it’s his last dance with them too, but it’s not just about getting one over our rivals, our title challenge depends on us getting those three points, so our attitude is title based as well, and that means we will want it more, there’s more riding on it if you want !!

For me any win will do,a scrappy 1 niller, just get the job done, simples

1-3

YNWA
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,299 posts | 766 
      Reply #41: Apr 07, 2024 10:14:47 am
      If we turn up, as no doubt we will, there should be no stopping us. We are the better team, and should take all three points. A 3  1 win over the Mancs.
      Harrisimo

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #42: Apr 07, 2024 10:18:56 am
      Low level motivation from Ten Bob Note..telling his team to go out angry,when the anger is pent up inside Ten Bob himself. He's had 2 years and the club is nowhere near the top 4. His best striker Rashford, scored 30 last season I think, but has no motivation this season and could be finished at the club.

Sent Sancho packing and now Rashford is demotivated..only 26 and should be in his prime..tut tut..

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3921 
      Reply #43: Apr 07, 2024 10:56:06 am
      Feel sick about today, I F***ing hate playing these
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,335 posts | 779 
      Reply #44: Apr 07, 2024 11:18:11 am
      They're pretty leaky at the back so I've no doubt we'll create numerous chances...we always do....But we've struggled lately to turn presentable chances into goals...This afternoon it's all about finding the back of the net. Big game mentality needed and all of the players need to be 100% on it from the start...Dom could do with taking a leaf out of Mac's songbook and applying himself a bit more...he's got all the ability, tad more effort and concentration....and one of those hallmark screamer's would do the trick.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,545 posts | 1488 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #45: Apr 07, 2024 11:31:01 am
      I'll be pissed off if we start slow again, there is no excuse not to be 100% from the start when facing these cu*ts... we've had a lot worse teams in the past, the likes of Downing, Spearing, Carrol managed by an owl in a coat but one thing we always had was intensity from the start against these cu*ts, even when they were winning everything we gave them a game and often came away with a win, so theres no excuse for us to start slow with the talent we are spoilt with now.

Quick Reply