Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Pre-Match: Man Utd v Liverpool - Sun 7 Apr 3:30 BST

Read 2103 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Re: Pre-Match: Man Utd v Liverpool - Sun 7 Apr 3:30 BST
      Reply #46: Apr 07, 2024 11:33:25 am
      Afraid of not getting three points. How do we get two goals before kick off? If we win I’ll return to post that I was never in doubt.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,950 posts | 5009 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #47: Apr 07, 2024 11:35:11 am
      Feel sick about today, I F***ing hate playing these

Sheesh, where’s yer passion?

Kinell I got f***in butterflies trampolining in my lower intestine, f***in love these encounters, this is why we love the beautiful game, the rivalry, the hatred for some, it’s everything you want for a battle, two great clubs battling for supremacy,
      I’m not sure it will be mentioned but when we do win the title this season we’ll be equal on 20 a piece, going by trophies won(they reckon their ahead, their not) but like to taunt us with their one more title than us sh*t, that won’t happen again hopefully ever,

Way back in our quiet years I don’t think we sunk as low as these fuckers have presently, before Ferguson arrived they were a proper mid table entity, so it’s no surprise to me their back to where it all began, a mediocre outfit with a occasional positive cup run, and that’s exactly what they are now.

They’ve had their moment in the sun with their cup final against us, today we’re a completely different animal, and I just can’t see them handling the intensity we will bring ??

YNWA
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,395 posts | 2823 
      Reply #48: Apr 07, 2024 11:42:02 am
      Need to learn the lessons from last month.

Expect their fast start and dig in. Get ourselves on the ball and grow into the game. Can't be F***ing about giving them a headstart like last time. And then when we are the game, make it count. Need to be much more clinical when we are having a good spell in the game.

I know United aren't that great at the moment but this is certainly the toughest game we have left in the run in for me. Win this and it will send a real message.
      rossyred

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Reply #49: Apr 07, 2024 11:50:23 am
      Need to learn the lessons from last month.

Expect their fast start and dig in. Get ourselves on the ball and grow into the game. Can't be F***ing about giving them a headstart like last time. And then when we are the game, make it count. Need to be much more clinical when we are having a good spell in the game.

I know United aren't that great at the moment but this is certainly the toughest game we have left in the run in for me. Win this and it will send a real message.

Sums it up really expect us to have the majority of the game and need to make it count. They will undoubtedly get chances and I would be amazed if they didn't score so going to need to take chances when they come . Midfield is where we really need to take the game by scruff of neck
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #50: Apr 07, 2024 12:16:07 pm
      Whoever loses their league season will be hugely impacted. A win for us will see a lot of us believe we can win it.
      About time we won a big game against a historic rival.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,129 posts | 83 
      Reply #51: Apr 07, 2024 12:19:13 pm

I do not think so. If we draw, we‘re still in good position, a lot can and will happen in the remaining 7 games. All I want is a crisp performance, like coming out with swagger, play to win, not gettin intimidated by the crowd. Because some of our road games have been flat, if we can avoid that I am ok even when we draw or lose. You can only give 100%, you cannot rule fate or bad luck or an opponent having a Superman-Day.
      Don77

• 6,548 posts | 1093 
      Reply #52: Apr 07, 2024 12:22:35 pm
      Think i would go with Jones over Dom today. Thought he was playing great before he got injured and he did well as sub the other night.

Kells

Bradley
      Gomez/konate
      Virg
      Robbo

Endo
      Macca
      Jones

Salah
      Nunez
      Diaz

They did the business yesterday. Its put up or shut up today. Im convinced both will win out from here.  Nothing less than 3 today will do. No excuses, no comatose start, no soft goals, messing about in posession, missed chances and blown 5 on 1 breaks. Just a big time performance please because we are miles better than them. But youve got to match their fight first,  because mentally they are fragile and weak. Be ruthless and they will cave in.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #53: Apr 07, 2024 12:52:37 pm
      These are the games you want as a fan , come on you redmen , let’s get a start and keep it up , buzzing for it let’s get back on the perch up the fckin reds YNWA
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #54: Apr 07, 2024 01:03:40 pm
      Celtic dominating rangers without any away fans. Hope our boys can show the same attitude
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,348 posts | 1532 
      Reply #55: Apr 07, 2024 01:05:35 pm
      We know we are vulnerable to a swift counter. That won’t matter a jot as long as we do our job up top and bury the chances we create.
      Also, if there’s only 1 goal in it, in our favour with 15 mins to go. Don’t make subs for the sake of it, as it seems to disrupt our rythm for 5 mins and we create our own problems 🤷‍♂️

Let’s press and boss it from the start, and don’t take our foot off the gas !
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Reply #56: Apr 07, 2024 01:15:35 pm
      It's been notable this season just how poor the top three title chasers have been against teams in the top six. 

We've put two poor performances in against United this season so hopefully we pull our fingers out for the third attempt.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #57: Apr 07, 2024 01:21:23 pm
      Nervous about this. They are there for the taking but because of our last fixture in which our players showed a disgraceful nonchalant attitude and played so badly, I'm not sure what to expect.

We simply have to win but will we show that desire?

We were happy enough to get knocked out of the FA cup so I'm not convinced.
      rossyred

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Reply #58: Apr 07, 2024 01:26:48 pm
      Bradley at RB for me. Joe on the bench. Jones or Dom. Jones works hard and fits better with Robbo. Dom is playing catch up a bit. Great start here but he's on the periphery a lot since his injury. Needs to up the ante to get in.

The reason I have Joe at RB is that they will target that side.and for some reason I just think Konate is not going to play so need that bit of nous with Quansah
      Harrisimo

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #59: Apr 07, 2024 01:27:58 pm
      All our remaining games will be very difficult but this game takes it up a notch. There's no love lost that's for sure. Some of the players might not get the animosity but it's there alright. Ten Bob is trying to ratchet it up even more.

Obviously we say bring it on but may be we shouldn't get dragged into a war zone. Taylor's likely to start waving yellow cards around and mostly in our direction. So clean and clinical. 0-2.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #60: Apr 07, 2024 01:33:06 pm
      Looking forward to this game , the lads are getting results and confident, only player that could upset a win is Fernandes with his falling over and getting a penalty , Endo needs to pick him up and put him in his pocket ! prediction a 2-0 win for us
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,545 posts | 1488 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #61: Apr 07, 2024 01:33:53 pm
      Shitting bricks the closer it gets.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #62: Apr 07, 2024 01:39:46 pm
      Feel sick about today, I F***ing hate playing these

Need a bucket ?
      Harrisimo

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #63: Apr 07, 2024 01:49:50 pm

Well sunshine just look at your last 6 and there's 3 great big..L..in there...no not L for leather...L...for LOSER...rock on kidder..
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #64: Apr 07, 2024 01:50:46 pm
      Joe Gomez to replace no one. Has to be on the bench today. Wouldn't have Jones start either.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,223 posts | 1222 
      Reply #65: Apr 07, 2024 01:57:14 pm
      Hopefully not as mental as our last game there. We have to keep it tight, remain professional and above all be clinical this time, as we are bound to have our chances.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #66: Apr 07, 2024 02:07:22 pm
      We need to be 2 goals up by 20 minutes and 3 goals up by half time. For me to be at peace. Otherwise I fear we may not get the three points.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,950 posts | 5009 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #67: Apr 07, 2024 02:09:28 pm

Aye, and put over his heid!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
      rossyred

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Reply #68: Apr 07, 2024 02:20:33 pm