Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man U?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      2 (3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (7.6%)
      Jarell Quansah
      1 (1.5%)
      Conor Bradley
      2 (3%)
      Andy Robertson
      7 (10.6%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      31 (47%)
      Wataru Endo
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      11 (16.7%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Mohamed Salah
      1 (1.5%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      6 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: Apr 11, 2024 05:26:34 pm

Manchester United 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 9095 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,293 posts | 1664 
      Re: Manchester United 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #782: Apr 08, 2024 08:28:56 pm
      Maybe have just been instinct to be fair.

Maybe . Only he will really know
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,250 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #783: Apr 08, 2024 09:07:05 pm
      Atalanta can't come soon enough, get this one out of the system.

Let’s hope we get it out of our system
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #784: Apr 08, 2024 09:11:29 pm
      Let’s hope we get it out of our system

Get the mancs out of your head Tez and you’ll be fine. 😂
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,250 posts | 923 
      Reply #785: Apr 08, 2024 10:07:51 pm

Not the mancs the finishing
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #786: Apr 08, 2024 10:11:34 pm

Some of you lads saying Diaz missed over 60% & Nunez over 80% clear cut chances. I don’t know if it’s true just what I’ve read. It’s more than I thought, especially Nunez.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,487 posts | 218 
      Reply #787: Apr 08, 2024 10:17:27 pm
      Some of you lads saying Diaz missed over 60% & Nunez over 80% clear cut chances. I don’t know if it’s true just what I’ve read. It’s more than I thought, especially Nunez.

Is true providing sky sports stats are true

Is on their website (not in percentage but numbers) here’s hoping people can work them out…
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #788: Apr 09, 2024 04:20:10 am
      I wanted to wait a good 24 hours or so before expressing my thoughts, but my opinion remains unchanged – both before, during the game and now, almost 48 hours later. If there was one team out of the three in the title race most likely to drop points, it was always us. Some might interpret this post as overly negative or fueled by frustration, but that's not my intention. I genuinely believe in the strength of this team and acknowledge the great achievements they've made this season. However, it's important to address the shortcomings as well

We appear to be struggling while the other two teams are excelling. The problems we faced at the beginning of the season persist without any noticeable improvement. For instance, we still have a tendency to concede the first goal in approximately 80% of our matches. This issue has plagued us not only this season but throughout the entirety of the previous one as well.

Even when we manage to avoid conceding the first goal, we still struggle to maintain control, allowing the opposition to claw their way back into the game. What's particularly frustrating is that this pattern persists regardless of the quality of the opposing team. Among the three teams contending for the title, we stand out as the ones who make seemingly straightforward matches, such as the one against Sheffield at home, much more challenging than they should be. Is our issue rooted in a lack of finishing or ruthlessness, or is there a problem with our defensive solidity? It's unclear. However, matches that should have been comfortably won with a 2-0 or 3-0 scoreline often end up being tighter affairs, with the winning goal only arriving late in the game.

In my opinion, winning a title hinges more on consistently performing well in matches against teams outside the top six, rather than solely relying on head-to-head clashes with direct competitors. However, it's undeniable that our record against the top six teams has been disappointing. We squandered two points against Chelsea on the opening day when we should have secured a win. Our loss to Arsenal exposed our vulnerabilities and left us looking out of our depth. Although we were unlucky against Spurs, dropping four points against a United side we should have comfortably beaten is concerning. For instance, a victory in the league game at home against United would have placed us two points clear at the top of the table. No need to comment on the away game as we all just witnessed it less than 48 hours ago.

I'm uncertain about the exact problem, but there's a palpable sense that we're more prone to dropping points compared to Arsenal and City. While some might view our upcoming fixtures as manageable, I disagree. Our team lacks the ruthlessness needed to confidently approach challenging matches, such as the derby away to Everton, games against Spurs, Villa, and even West Ham. In contrast, Arsenal seems to effortlessly overpower any opponent, whether playing at home or away. City may appear shaky at times, but their abundance of individual talent often sees them secure comfortable wins with scores like 3-1 or 4-1.

It's possible that Arsenal and City could drop points, particularly given their commitments in the Champions League. However, the reality is that we are just as, if not more, susceptible to dropping points than they are. We'll just have to cross our fingers and hope for the best.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #789: Apr 09, 2024 08:05:39 am
      I wanted to wait a good 24 hours or so before expressing my thoughts, but my opinion remains unchanged – both before, during the game and now, almost 48 hours later. If there was one team out of the three in the title race most likely to drop points, it was always us. Some might interpret this post as overly negative or fueled by frustration, but that's not my intention. I genuinely believe in the strength of this team and acknowledge the great achievements they've made this season. However, it's important to address the shortcomings as well

We appear to be struggling while the other two teams are excelling. The problems we faced at the beginning of the season persist without any noticeable improvement. For instance, we still have a tendency to concede the first goal in approximately 80% of our matches. This issue has plagued us not only this season but throughout the entirety of the previous one as well.

Even when we manage to avoid conceding the first goal, we still struggle to maintain control, allowing the opposition to claw their way back into the game. What's particularly frustrating is that this pattern persists regardless of the quality of the opposing team. Among the three teams contending for the title, we stand out as the ones who make seemingly straightforward matches, such as the one against Sheffield at home, much more challenging than they should be. Is our issue rooted in a lack of finishing or ruthlessness, or is there a problem with our defensive solidity? It's unclear. However, matches that should have been comfortably won with a 2-0 or 3-0 scoreline often end up being tighter affairs, with the winning goal only arriving late in the game.

In my opinion, winning a title hinges more on consistently performing well in matches against teams outside the top six, rather than solely relying on head-to-head clashes with direct competitors. However, it's undeniable that our record against the top six teams has been disappointing. We squandered two points against Chelsea on the opening day when we should have secured a win. Our loss to Arsenal exposed our vulnerabilities and left us looking out of our depth. Although we were unlucky against Spurs, dropping four points against a United side we should have comfortably beaten is concerning. For instance, a victory in the league game at home against United would have placed us two points clear at the top of the table. No need to comment on the away game as we all just witnessed it less than 48 hours ago.

I'm uncertain about the exact problem, but there's a palpable sense that we're more prone to dropping points compared to Arsenal and City. While some might view our upcoming fixtures as manageable, I disagree. Our team lacks the ruthlessness needed to confidently approach challenging matches, such as the derby away to Everton, games against Spurs, Villa, and even West Ham. In contrast, Arsenal seems to effortlessly overpower any opponent, whether playing at home or away. City may appear shaky at times, but their abundance of individual talent often sees them secure comfortable wins with scores like 3-1 or 4-1.

It's possible that Arsenal and City could drop points, particularly given their commitments in the Champions League. However, the reality is that we are just as, if not more, susceptible to dropping points than they are. We'll just have to cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Excellent post mate,
      Both City and Arse have settled midfields, have played together quite a while, as well as the players that make their particular system work like clockwork,
      We on the other hand are still in transition and have yet to gel into the machine like unit we see with our rivals,

No on expected us to anywhere near a title challenge let alone be actually in it this season, that’s a barometer to how well we have done, to be able not only compete but but be ahead of the best ever ever ever football team ever to have graced English football ever !!
      And not only that be ahead of or match a side 3/4 years in the making and who are possibly on the periphery of being Champions themselves,
      All three clubs have suffered injuries but none have suffered the same level we have, City have a abundance of talent at their disposal and Arsenal hasn’t had as many injuries to their key players as we have,
      Yet, we’re still in the mix, we’re still competing, we still have as much chance as the other two horses in this race,

So yes I suppose looking at our vulnerabilities as opposed to the two other horses we look like we’re the weakest, but as you may or may not know you never ever underestimate a wounded or weak animal, especially a horse ??

YNWA
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #790: Apr 09, 2024 09:31:01 am

They’re irrelevant as a threat so why should they be any kind of a mind block?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #791: Apr 09, 2024 10:40:14 am
      They’re irrelevant as a threat so why should they be any kind of a mind block?

Because we've fcuked you other last 3 times we've played.   ;D
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 815 posts | 134 
      Reply #792: Apr 09, 2024 10:52:44 am

Actually you didn't.  We did it to ourselves xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #793: Apr 09, 2024 10:58:02 am

A point at your shithole is hardly turning us over although the manc obsession with LFC would have you making absurd comments like that .🤪
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #794: Apr 09, 2024 11:03:13 am
      Actually you didn't.  We did it to ourselves xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

That’s a new way of looking at it. 😎
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #795: Apr 09, 2024 11:03:42 am
      A point at your shithole is hardly turning us over although the manc obsession with LFC would have you making absurd comments like that .🤪

Wasn’t a point though, it was 2 lost. 😂
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,250 posts | 923 
      Reply #796: Apr 09, 2024 11:26:08 am

Don’t forget that the game was this years final for United
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #797: Apr 09, 2024 11:28:34 am
      Don’t forget that the game was this years final for United

No mate, that was the FA Cup. 🤪
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #798: Apr 09, 2024 11:33:32 am
      Wasn’t a point though, it was 2 lost. 😂

2 points is more of a loss to your crew sending you hurtling towards mid-table.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #799: Apr 09, 2024 11:36:12 am

2 points is more of a loss to your crew sending you hurtling towards mid-table.

We’re mid table anyway be it 1/3/0 points 😂
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 850 posts | 166 
      Reply #800: Apr 09, 2024 11:55:25 am
      It's a sad state of affairs when a club as big as Utd are celebrating draws whilst being gifted goals to stop your main rivals from going a step closer to equalling their league record, when in reality if they showed a bit more spirit and belief in themselves could be a few steps closer to playing CL football next season and getting back to where they should. It's Everton levels of small club mentality. Oh well, such as life I guess.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #801: Apr 09, 2024 12:09:59 pm
      It's a sad state of affairs when a club as big as Utd are celebrating draws whilst being gifted goals to stop your main rivals from going a step closer to equalling their league record, when in reality if they showed a bit more spirit and belief in themselves could be a few steps closer to playing CL football next season and getting back to where they should. It's Everton levels of small club mentality. Oh well, such as life I guess.

Let’s not forget you were gifted a soft penalty red. 😉
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 850 posts | 166 
      Reply #802: Apr 09, 2024 12:19:08 pm
      Let’s not forget you were gifted a soft penalty red. 😉

Might wanna have a word with Aaron w*nk Bissaka on that 1. Surprised he hasn't been told by now he doesn't need to go to ground as often as he does to win the ball.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,709 posts | 151 
      Reply #803: Apr 09, 2024 12:22:18 pm
      People blaming the attack but what about our defense ? it seems every match we are gifting our opponent easy chances out of nothing, I remember conceding similar goal to Brighton away after gifting them a pass out of nothing. The Truth is our defense is not as strong as Arsenal so offset the attack missing chances. When was the last time we kept a clean sheet in the league ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #804: Apr 09, 2024 12:23:01 pm
      Might wanna have a word with Aaron w*nk Bissaka on that 1. Surprised he hasn't been told by now he doesn't need to go to ground as often as he does to win the ball.

Funny enough I said that when he joined us, he does slide in far far too often for my liking. 🤦‍♂️

Quick Reply