Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Atalanta?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      4 (8.7%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima KonatƩ
      2 (4.3%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      3 (6.5%)
      Harvey Elliott
      3 (6.5%)
      Wataru Endo
      1 (2.2%)
      Cody Gakpo
      12 (26.1%)
      Darwin NĆŗƱez
      2 (4.3%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Mohamed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      16 (34.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: Apr 15, 2024 09:51:25 pm

Liverpool 0-3 Atalanta: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 7122 times
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Re: Liverpool 0-3 Atalanta: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Apr 12, 2024 02:08:32 pm
      Atalanta had a plan, they executed it and we capitulated. To be honest we played right into their hands. It wasnā€™t Kloppā€™s best tactical response ever thatā€™s for sure.  But watching that game, itā€™s not that they are that good, we just played like dog sh*t. We have got to stop shipping goals. Thatā€™s why Arsenal have us on GD because they are well drilled in defense and we seem to falling back into that issue we had a year or so back where we just werenā€™t solid in defense. I fully believe we are gonna score 4 or more goals when we play them again. Iā€™m honestly not worried about advancing. This was an outlier of a performance and the law of averages dictates that Atalanta is likely going to revert back to ā€œwho they really areā€ when we play them again and I have faith that JĆ¼rgen is going to have our boys ready. It sucks being in this position but what a night it will be when we turn them over and win this tie. It will be something else for us to talk about for years.

Atalanta have been hot and cold this season, we just fumbled the game completely. They were coming into this game with recent losses to Cagliari; who are in the bottom half of the table, and have spent most of their time in relegation, and Fiorentina, who have been pretty sh*t in the whole season. It's just terrible perfomrance from us.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,333 posts | 775 
      Reply #530: Apr 12, 2024 02:30:46 pm
      I wasnā€™t going to bother posting anything at all today but after reading the sh*te from some of you so called supporters I thought F**k it why not, i dunno if this will be my last post or not but if it is then so be it, now Iā€™m not going to name names that would get me banned, might be doing me a favour though if i was, ā€¦.

Iā€™ve been with this club since ā€˜76ā€™ and Iā€™ve it all, the ups and the downs, last night was one of the worst performances I can remember in Europe, especially at home, we were pathetic, worse than that, we were abysmal and looked like it was our first ever European encounter, that showing was for me a indication why JĆ¼rgen Klopp has decided enough is enough, it was weary, tired, run down and totally without energy, just like the man himself,

It hurts me to say that, it really does after what he has brought us over the last almost 9 years, Gasperini totally out foxed JĆ¼rgen, I donā€™t think it would have mattered that much which side JĆ¼rgen put out there, Gasperiniā€™s tactics were to man mark every one of our players, and they did, and we couldnā€™t handle it, itā€™s as simply as that,

Now ok, some of you were spot on in that JĆ¼rgen didnt field a strong enough X1 from the start, i thought so too, I wanted our fullest strongest X1 available, hoping to get the job done and to rest key individuals for the weekend, but realistically we were caught with our trousers at our ankles and fu**ed in the arse,

Weā€™ve had some really bad performances under JĆ¼rgen before, but that last night was by far the worst, and again Iā€™m sorry but that is totally unacceptable from a Liverpool side, and a further indication that our brilliant fantastic managerā€™s tenure is all but finished, the knowledge that he is in the last throes of his time with us is evident, itā€™s effecting the players, clearly, thatā€™s reflective of the supporters and the whole atmosphere both on and off the pitch, it might even be effecting some you lot too, with youā€™re continuous sniping and vitriol towards the players and their performances,

Itā€™s not the fairy tale ending we all were hoping for, itā€™s in fact in danger of fizzling out with a bit of a whimper, none of us want to see that, well most of us donā€™t, but only JĆ¼rgen and the boys can change that, with the backing of course of the match going fans, some of you being amongst them, attitudes need to change, weā€™re lower than shark sh*t right now but come the weekend most will have put this debacle behind us and so to will the players,

It was a real bad day at the office, they happen, but itā€™s not the end of the f***in World is it, we move on as they say and live to fight another day, we may have shot ourselves in the foot as far as the Europa is concerned, but weā€™re still in this title race, we still have a more than reasonable chance of being Champions !!

ā€œ IF YOU CANā€™T SUPPORT US WHEN WE LOSE, DONā€™T SUPPORT US WHEN WE WINā€

I dunno how JĆ¼rgen picks himself and the players up, but they have to, and we have to believe that they will, so everyone to a man(and Women) stop with the vitriolic nonsense and f***in bullshit and get behind JĆ¼rgen and the boys,  we are after all ā€œSUPPORTERS ā€œ So letā€™s f***in Support and give everything we can to help, even if itā€™s only from yer armchair, it Matters, it creates Positive Vibes and that transcends to everyone who buys into Liverpool FC

WE ARE LIVERPOOL, THIS MEANS MORE !!!!

YNWA
      No one is going to pretend it was anything other than what it clearly was: Abject, and we all have are theories as to what led to it. Such a unforgivable effort will always be called out.  Supporters on here were shocked and angered by what was so tamely offered..and supporters resort to emotion and look to cast blame...it's cathartic...it's normal, it's just venting of frustration...it shows you care....we're hurt and emotionally we hit out irrationally...it's a part of being engaged as a fan. Words written on here have no effect on the players....in fact they have no effect on anyone they are just thoughts and feelings articulated in a moment of emotional distress.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,222 posts | 1222 
      Reply #531: Apr 12, 2024 03:07:07 pm
      It was an unusually bad performance, a humdinger of a shitshow, and it therefore isn't a true reflection of our abilities.

Judging by some of the reaction we are at risk here of the reflections on that result being more of a threat to our season than the result itself.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3443 
      Reply #532: Apr 12, 2024 03:36:06 pm
      I wasnā€™t going to bother posting anything at all today but after reading the sh*te from some of you so called supporters I thought F**k it why not, i dunno if this will be my last post or not but if it is then so be it, now Iā€™m not going to name names that would get me banned, might be doing me a favour though if i was, ā€¦.

Iā€™ve been with this club since ā€˜76ā€™ and Iā€™ve it all, the ups and the downs, last night was one of the worst performances I can remember in Europe, especially at home, we were pathetic, worse than that, we were abysmal and looked like it was our first ever European encounter, that showing was for me a indication why JĆ¼rgen Klopp has decided enough is enough, it was weary, tired, run down and totally without energy, just like the man himself,

It hurts me to say that, it really does after what he has brought us over the last almost 9 years, Gasperini totally out foxed JĆ¼rgen, I donā€™t think it would have mattered that much which side JĆ¼rgen put out there, Gasperiniā€™s tactics were to man mark every one of our players, and they did, and we couldnā€™t handle it, itā€™s as simply as that,

Now ok, some of you were spot on in that JĆ¼rgen didnt field a strong enough X1 from the start, i thought so too, I wanted our fullest strongest X1 available, hoping to get the job done and to rest key individuals for the weekend, but realistically we were caught with our trousers at our ankles and fu**ed in the arse,

Weā€™ve had some really bad performances under JĆ¼rgen before, but that last night was by far the worst, and again Iā€™m sorry but that is totally unacceptable from a Liverpool side, and a further indication that our brilliant fantastic managerā€™s tenure is all but finished, the knowledge that he is in the last throes of his time with us is evident, itā€™s effecting the players, clearly, thatā€™s reflective of the supporters and the whole atmosphere both on and off the pitch, it might even be effecting some you lot too, with youā€™re continuous sniping and vitriol towards the players and their performances,

Itā€™s not the fairy tale ending we all were hoping for, itā€™s in fact in danger of fizzling out with a bit of a whimper, none of us want to see that, well most of us donā€™t, but only JĆ¼rgen and the boys can change that, with the backing of course of the match going fans, some of you being amongst them, attitudes need to change, weā€™re lower than shark sh*t right now but come the weekend most will have put this debacle behind us and so to will the players,

It was a real bad day at the office, they happen, but itā€™s not the end of the f***in World is it, we move on as they say and live to fight another day, we may have shot ourselves in the foot as far as the Europa is concerned, but weā€™re still in this title race, we still have a more than reasonable chance of being Champions !!

I dunno how JĆ¼rgen picks himself and the players up, but they have to, and we have to believe that they will, so everyone to a man(and Women) stop with the vitriolic nonsense and f***in bullshit and get behind JĆ¼rgen and the boys,  we are after all ā€œSUPPORTERS ā€œ So letā€™s f***in Support and give everything we can to help, even if itā€™s only from yer armchair, it Matters, it creates Positive Vibes and that transcends to everyone who buys into Liverpool FC

YNWA

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #533: Apr 12, 2024 03:44:44 pm

YNWA

Totally agree ,walk on, walk on through the rain !
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #534: Apr 12, 2024 08:11:07 pm
      Nailed it. Well done you Muppet.

All day, every day Dickhead!!  :lmao:

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #535: Apr 12, 2024 08:17:06 pm
      100%.

Bunch of fannies. Hope it was worth it.

All for the sake of a quid, they can shove their 100x1p coins up their arses as far as I'm concerned.

If they're so F***ing important why the F**k do they only stay up for five F***ing minutes instead of the whole game?

Cos crying cu*ts bitched about not being able to see a few F***ing years back!!

Not so F***ing important  now are they otherwise the crying cu*ts saying it cost us the game would have no problem with them staying up for the full game.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,395 posts | 2823 
      Reply #536: Apr 12, 2024 09:57:20 pm
      If they're so F***ing important why the F**k do they only stay up for five F***ing minutes instead of the whole game?

Not so F***ing important  now are they otherwise the crying cu*ts saying it cost us the game would have no problem with them staying up for the full game.

The hypocrisy is mad.

Apparently these supporters are important enough that they cost us last night but not important enough to be consulted by our owners regarding a ticket price increase.

Like I said before, you can't have it both ways.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,003 posts | 223 
      Reply #537: Apr 12, 2024 10:24:29 pm
      May be it time for Nunez got replaced by Jayden Danns

https://youtu.be/Z-0F2kAeRts?si=XmWa8yXJslZMvlw6
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #538: Yesterday at 05:23:42 pm

Interesting aside, heard a rumour the lads who called for the protest, Spion Kop 1906 group have got a private bevvying session lined up with JĆ¼rgen when he leaves!

Imagine the grids of those screaming "they don't represent me" when they hear that one :laugh:

Quick Reply