Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Pre-Match Atalanta (3) v Liverpool (0) EL QF 2nd Leg Thurs 18th April 20:00 KO

Read 3262 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,292 posts | 1403 
      Re: Pre-Match Atalanta (3) v Liverpool (0) EL QF 2nd Leg Thurs 18th April 20:00 KO
      Reply #23: Apr 15, 2024 09:03:40 pm
      They might actually start very jittery. I'm sure they couldn't believe their luck in getting a Liverpool team who just didn't turn up. Get off to a quick start, score inside 10 minutes and it could go down to the wire.Put it this way, if they can score 3 at Anfield we can score 3 at the Gewiss..
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,292 posts | 1403 
      Re: Pre-Match Atalanta (3) v Liverpool (0) EL QF 2nd Leg Thurs 18th April 20:00 KO
      Reply #24: Apr 15, 2024 09:05:15 pm
      No Danns? Get Joe the F**k outta there man, this isn't the time to piss around. We need goals. Danns in.

Wot drop Nunez......
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 850 posts | 166 
      Reply #25: Apr 15, 2024 09:06:39 pm

Nvm, twas a bad joke.

Ignore me  :angel:
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 879 posts | 102 
      Reply #26: Apr 15, 2024 09:35:19 pm
      Verona have pegged them back after being two down
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #27: Apr 15, 2024 09:39:46 pm

Two goals in five mins. Fingers crossed and all that.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 850 posts | 166 
      Reply #28: Apr 15, 2024 09:58:25 pm

Are you telling us there's a chance Jimbo?
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 879 posts | 102 
      Reply #29: Apr 15, 2024 10:00:27 pm
      I'm wondering how the eff we didn't score
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #30: Apr 15, 2024 10:36:57 pm
      I'm about 95% convinced we're going out but there is still a game to play and although I don't think we will keep a clean sheet then if somehow we play at our very peak then we are certainly capable of scoring 3 more than another team can to at least force extra time.

And in any case, if somehow we do manage to advance then my first thought will probably be what have our players been playing at for the last six weeks.

Not confident, but hoping at the very least for some kind of improvement on the shitshows over the last 10 days.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,220 posts | 1221 
      Reply #31: Apr 15, 2024 10:37:05 pm
      F*ck it, what have we got to lose? Nothing we can do but go hell for leather and force the issue at every opportunity.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,029 posts | 531 
      Reply #32: Apr 15, 2024 11:01:14 pm
      It's a really tough call how much to gamble on this one, with Fulham away on Sunday n then Everton on Wednesday. My feeling is we still have a better chance of winning the league than we do the UEFA, so I'd be prioritising that.

Mac n Endo both look knackered, so I wouldn't play both at the same time. Maybe a half each. Gravenberch in. Maybe give Dom a chance to redeem himself. Elliot starting instead of Mo I'm afraid. If the first half goes well, then ok bring Mo on. Jota should not be pushed too hard, so also coming off the bench. Trent has to start I think cos I really don't want to see Joe at RB. Hopefully Bradley is ok for the weekend. Danns up front is actually a possibility. Why the F**k not? We've got nothing to lose in this game.

I'm really not expecting us to turn this one round to be honest. I know we did them before but that was in an empty stadium. They are a pretty good side and their fans will have them charged up. It's possible but a massive long shot. So, yeah, go all out attack on the pitch, but not with our absolutely strongest 11. We're gonna need that for Sunday.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1531 
      Reply #33: Apr 15, 2024 11:34:15 pm
      Just for the hell of it, Iā€™m changing my prediction to 1-4.

Have faith 😊😊
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 1099 
      Reply #34: Apr 16, 2024 04:20:10 am
      If they weren't shitting themselves before today, they will be now. They blew a 2-0 ht lead at home to itilian relegation contenders and drew 2-2.

We got em right where we want them
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Reply #35: Apr 16, 2024 05:07:02 am
      There is not much that Atalanta has to do to get this over the line. Nevertheless pressure is also entirely on them to not F**k this up. Crazy sh*t happens in football though so letā€™s see.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5005 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #36: Apr 16, 2024 08:00:49 am
      Trying hard to care about this 1 but I'm finding it impossible.

If Szobo hadn't unnecessarily fu**ed us over and we were 2 down on aggregate, I'd have a tiny bit more optimism. We basically have to score 3 goals in 45mins of football without reply just to take it to ET, since we all know what's coming in those first 45.

There's nothing we can really do tactically to stop them carrying off where they left off.

No player in the entire history of our club has to my knowledge ā€œfu**ed us Overā€ unnecessarily or otherwise, F**k off with that sh*te f***in moron,

I think thatā€™s a disgraceful statement and one not fitting of a genuine Liverpool fan !!!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5005 
      Reply #37: Apr 16, 2024 08:09:27 am
      I wouldn't be surprised to see a Liverpool victory on the night. There will be a much better mindset, having taken the first tie for granted. Whether we can progress to the Semi final...well it doesn't look likely....We'll score, but we just don't keep enough clean sheets to advance further.
      Hope I'm wrong and we turn them over 6-0

Yh seems a likely outcome, in essence the mountain on this occasion is too high, but weā€™ve seen this before albeit at Anfield where weā€™ve came back from improbable positions,
      Iā€™d imagine Klopp saying something similar to what he said prior to Barcelona, but we were playing well then and confidence was high, not so this time unfortunately, but we have a chance and we will need a minor miracle to see us through this,

I think we will win on the night but whether we keep a clean sheet or not is key, 4 goals in 90+ minutes isnā€™t impossible??

YNWA
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 850 posts | 166 
      Reply #38: Apr 16, 2024 08:36:01 am

No player in the entire history of our club has to my knowledge ā€œfu**ed us Overā€ unnecessarily or otherwise, F**k off with that sh*te f***in moron,

I think thatā€™s a disgraceful statement and one not fitting of a genuine Liverpool fan !!!!

No youā€™re right, I apologise. I let my emotions get the best of me. Everything is all rosey in the garden really and looking forward to another special European night.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,487 posts | 218 
      Reply #39: Apr 16, 2024 08:53:57 am

Yh seems a likely outcome, in essence the mountain on this occasion is too high, but weā€™ve seen this before albeit at Anfield where weā€™ve came back from improbable positions,
      Iā€™d imagine Klopp saying something similar to what he said prior to Barcelona, but we were playing well then and confidence was high, not so this time unfortunately, but we have a chance and we will need a minor miracle to see us through this,

I think we will win on the night but whether we keep a clean sheet or not is key, 4 goals in 90+ minutes isnā€™t impossible??

YNWA

We will win

Make my words and if jota and Salah can find their form. We can smash these lot 5-0

My only concern is the finishing, we need Salah back to his clinical best, if he can turn back the clock for this game, it could be special

Klopp also needs to be brave, was so disappointed with his team selection against palace. We canā€™t start with Nunez right now and Diaz as both are off form with their finishing and it kills the confidence of the team when they miss so many chances imo

Nunez should be an impact sub like Harvey for now

Play jota for 60 mins and see how he does, his movement is on a different level to anyone else
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5005 
      Reply #40: Apr 16, 2024 10:17:45 am
      We will win

Make my words and if jota and Salah can find their form. We can smash these lot 5-0

My only concern is the finishing, we need Salah back to his clinical best, if he can turn back the clock for this game, it could be special

Klopp also needs to be brave, was so disappointed with his team selection against palace. We canā€™t start with Nunez right now and Diaz as both are off form with their finishing and it kills the confidence of the team when they miss so many chances imo

Nunez should be an impact sub like Harvey for now

Play jota for 60 mins and see how he does, his movement is on a different level to anyone else

Itā€™s a flip of a coin who has been worse between Mo & Nunez neither are anywhere near where they should be, however Mo has the experience behind him in these situations so should get the nod over Darwin, I wouldnā€™t be averse to using Gakpo ahead of Diaz on the left either believing he like Harvey would have a better impact off the bench, especially against tired legs & minds , Endo has to start also to protect the back 4, another flip of the coin as regards to Jones and Szloboslai, Gomez in with Virgil with Robbo & Trent either side,

We simply just have to go for it, see what happens!!

YNWA
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #41: Apr 16, 2024 11:49:05 am
      Obviously not feeling confident, the way things have gone lately.

I hope we turn up, score an early goal or two, and simply hope for the best.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1531 
      Reply #42: Apr 16, 2024 11:49:08 am
      Iā€™ll not be expecting any changes up top, due to Jurgens loyalty to players.
      Letā€™s just hope whoever starts can put the ball in the net. 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #43: Apr 16, 2024 12:04:02 pm
      We have been sh*te lately but Ill not say were done...an early goal and you bet your left one they get nervous, we get a 2nd with 10 or 15 left, who do you put your money on then??

Its Atalanta not Madrid or Munich, this is well on if our forwards can remember why they get paid
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 850 posts | 166 
      Reply #44: Apr 16, 2024 12:38:04 pm
      Iā€™ll not be expecting any changes up top, due to Jurgens loyalty to players.
      Letā€™s just hope whoever starts can put the ball in the net. 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Maybe some changes in midfield and defence then? Because on the last 2 performances by God do we need it.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,319 posts | 775 
      Reply #45: Apr 16, 2024 12:47:26 pm
      There needs to be a complete 180 degree turnaround in our mindset if we are to turn this tie around. Total focus on creating chances and more importantly taking them. It needs to be both tactical and disciplined, as opposed to mindlessly charging forward in hope. The discipline will be in staying patient and fully concentrated for the whole 90 minutes. Too much Gung Ho, Charge of the light brigade stuff, and they'll just pick us off. So belief, concentration, and discipline might just....just... get us over the line and into the Semi final.

Quick Reply