Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Atalanta?

Alisson Becker
      5 (11.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      14 (32.6%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      3 (7%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (7%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      5 (11.6%)
      Curtis Jones
      1 (2.3%)
      Cody Gakpo
      6 (14%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Mohamed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Jayden Danns
      6 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: Apr 22, 2024 09:54:34 pm

Atalata 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 7171 times
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,527 posts | 224 
      Re: Atalata 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Apr 18, 2024 10:13:38 pm
      Not having a dig at Klopp...he's been an absolute godsend to this football club, but tonight, for the first time you could see he had nothing left to give....he's drained....he's given everything he could, and it's so sad to see. We could see from 15 minutes in the game was too slow...Jones isn't going to get you back in the tie away in Europe...But Jürgen isn't seeing what we are seeing...he's running on empty...in a way how could he not be?...He's given his whole life to us for all these years...It's clear now it's time for him to go...but make no mistake, We'll miss him when he's gone.

Whoever comes in, needs to reshape these players into a team....at the moment we're just a mess.

People may not remember but I was not the biggest fan to jones. I will be honest, I still don’t feel he should be starting for us and is a bench player at best imo

But dom was far worse today and in the 1st leg. We do need a mini reset, too much money has been wasted on mediocre players

But it only need 1-2 out and a couple in imo
      Millsy75
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts | 49 
      Reply #530: Apr 18, 2024 10:14:33 pm
      Just beat the Spurs and Everton. That’s all I care about what these last remaining games.
      forget that,were on a winning run,lets beat fulham ffs
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 290 
      Reply #531: Apr 18, 2024 10:14:40 pm
      Nobody's turning on him! Bit of an exaggeration.

But in life when you have to work your notice sometimes you maybe don't give as much of a toss!  And the players all know he's leaving so it surely must impact on your 'determination'.   That's natural human behaviour I would have thought.

We need to be getting the next manager boxed off quickly though, because this team does need a few new faces in the summer - CB, DM and a forward.

They're professional players chasing a possible Europa League semi final and a league title...if that doesn't motivate them we may as well give up...forget who's standing on the touchline and whether he's going or not. We all love Klopp but managers come and go....poor excuse if that's what's being alluded to.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #532: Apr 18, 2024 10:16:42 pm
      We lost the tie in the first game

People will point fingers at players like Jones because they are the easy target but

Mo , Dom were very poor tonight and have been since they both returned from injury

But it’s beyond staggering, it’s a disgrace and not the way for any fan of the club to turn on Klopp the way some are

If you want to do that go and support someone else

Have a Quick Look back to where we were this time last season
      Seriously....We've just gone out of Europe without testing the keeper of a dogs*it team over two legs and you think fans on here are going to say what exactly?....Oh hum never mind.. get down off your moralistic pulpit and understand fans care...and when they feel cheated (by that performance) then they are going to howl with anger...you don't, but others, like me, will.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #533: Apr 18, 2024 10:17:38 pm
      Sorry but take Jürgen out of the equation for a minute

Are we saying its acceptable what we have got from the players the last few games because Jurgens on empty?

Those players as far as im concerned bottled it tonight, whatever calls the gaffer msde or didnt make, hes not passing the ball backwards sidewards and then losing it , hes not the one clean through and lobbing wide of an emoty net

Brian57953956
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Reply #534: Apr 18, 2024 10:18:11 pm
      Out-muscled across the two ties, lacked the quality to rise above it.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 290 
      Reply #535: Apr 18, 2024 10:21:23 pm
      Nobody's turning on him! Bit of an exaggeration.

But in life when you have to work your notice sometimes you maybe don't give as much of a toss!  And the players all know he's leaving so it surely must impact on your 'determination'.   That's natural human behaviour I would have thought.

We need to be getting the next manager boxed off quickly though, because this team does need a few new faces in the summer - CB, DM and a forward.

In normal employment ie Joe Public you usually work your notice as you've got another job and want to leave, if we are taking Jürgen at his word he's tired he doesn't want to leave he has to (his words so I'll believe it).
      What should we have done then? Walked him off site and replaced him immediately?

I'm going OTT obviously but Klopp going shouldn't affect the players IMO.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1515 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #536: Apr 18, 2024 10:22:29 pm
      One thing these two ties showed me, we desperately need a general type player, we got bullied, like year 7’s playing year 11’s… there’s only so much technical skill can get you in a game like these that need muscle, and we have no muscle whatsoever, even Virgil looking weak.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #537: Apr 18, 2024 10:24:29 pm
      Said for weeks about Szlobozaii remember seeing him smiling after we got beat off Utd in Cup at final whistle and that got me but his performances have been.dire for the money paid . He.wasnt the only one tonight and for a capt of his country he is showing any of them qualities for us . Get him on the bench and give someone else a chance
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Reply #538: Apr 18, 2024 10:25:03 pm
      Klopp: “We won the game. That's the reaction we wanted to show. Atalanta deserved to go through. We can now focus on the league from right now.”
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #539: Apr 18, 2024 10:26:04 pm
      Oh well.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,932 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #540: Apr 18, 2024 10:26:45 pm
      They're professional players chasing a possible Europa League semi final and a league title...if that doesn't motivate them we may as well give up...forget who's standing on the touchline and whether he's going or not. We all love Klopp but managers come and go....poor excuse if that's what's being alluded to.

I think the changes said it all, like for like replacements, no changes at half time either. We didn't make changes to change the direction of the tie, we continued with our side to side, have Mac, Jones or Ali hold the ball for too long approach. If Klopp really wanted to go for it I don't see how we end up with Jones and Mac both coming deep.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,943 posts | 452 
      Reply #541: Apr 18, 2024 10:26:53 pm
      Honestly that second half was an absolute killer wasn't it?

Win, lose or draw have any of us ever seen a team impose their style of play on to us under Klopp in the way this lot did?

They set the tune and we were left to dance to it.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,136 posts | 222 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #542: Apr 18, 2024 10:27:00 pm
      Never wanted to win this tinpot 2nd rate garbage anyway.

Time to win the league!!!  :aaliverpoolwz0:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #543: Apr 18, 2024 10:28:58 pm
      Klopp: “We won the game. That's the reaction we wanted to show. Atalanta deserved to go through. We can now focus on the league from right now.”

Ah grand job so, 6 wins coming up playing edge of the seat heavy metal football..wish he said something before tonight so I didnt have to give a sh*te about it,  man is my face red
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #544: Apr 18, 2024 10:29:51 pm
      The dickheads and I told you so merchants are coming out so time to clear off.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,062 posts | 547 
      Reply #545: Apr 18, 2024 10:30:13 pm
      Out-muscled across the two ties, lacked the quality to rise above it.

Largely sums it up.

They are a big, physical team that pressed really well. We couldn't play through them. The exception was the first half today, probably largely cos Trent could hit good balls from deep and back them off a bit. Once he went off and we back to trying to pick our through, they just pressed high again and we didn't know what to do. I do think there was an element of tactical failure there as well to be honest.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #546: Apr 18, 2024 10:31:47 pm
      Sorry but take Jürgen out of the equation for a minute

Are we saying its acceptable what we have got from the players the last few games because Jurgens on empty?

Those players as far as im concerned bottled it tonight, whatever calls the gaffer msde or didnt make, hes not passing the ball backwards sidewards and then losing it , hes not the one clean through and lobbing wide of an emoty net
      You know, and I know a lot of our squad are pretty ordinary, worked hard to be where they are in the league...and FA Cup...and this round of European football....but I've said it before...hard work on it's own won't get it done. Nunez hasn't got a football brain.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 290 
      Reply #547: Apr 18, 2024 10:32:18 pm
      I think the changes said it all, like for like replacements, no changes at half time either. We didn't make changes to change the direction of the tie, we continued with our side to side, have Mac, Jones or Ali hold the ball for too long approach. If Klopp really wanted to go for it I don't see how we end up with Jones and Mac both coming deep.

There's been a lot lately a lot of decisions I've not agreed with Klopp but there's a reason he's the manager and I'm not.
      Either way I don't believe it's a lack of commitment to the cause that shapes his selections/substitutions...maybe we don't agree on this one but I'm more dismayed with the players lately especially our forwards we've become completely toothless.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #548: Apr 18, 2024 10:34:51 pm
      Youse lot would have taken this season at the start of the season. I'm not sure what all the crying is about.

Agreed,
      I don’t think any of us expected us to be in contention with a new midfield and would probably have settled for a Europa League spot and maybe a domestic cup, of course we all had our high hopes and many of us including myself thought No20 was imminent, especially with the start we had and up until Jürgen dropped his bombshell,

I’m no way blaming Jürgen, but I think he knew the writing was on the wall and that he’d taken us as far as he could, can’t say I blame the fella, its simply the end of a era, the end none of us seen coming if we’re all honest,

The main point of our frailties is squad depth, we just didn’t have the quality in our squad to get us through those injury ravaged months, we still don’t, but it’s better, too late obviously but, we’re still in with a chance of No 20 albeit it’s not in our hands, we are only two points South of Citeh, and two points Is F**k all in this league,

Worse case scenario we finish 3rd, for a team in transition, that is pretty f***in good considering, i haven’t given up yet, nor will i until it’s mathematically impossible!!

YNWA
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #549: Apr 18, 2024 10:35:35 pm
      Seriously....We've just gone out of Europe without testing the keeper of a dogs*it team over two legs and you think fans on here are going to say what exactly?....Oh hum never mind.. get down off your moralistic pulpit and understand fans care...and when they feel cheated (by that performance) then they are going to howl with anger...you don't, but others, like me, will.

Some fans are content to watch a team play crap football and lose matches, get knocked out of competitions, and miss out on winning titles.

They're not suited to big teams like Liverpool but you can't stop them from supporting us. They just have much lower expectations.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,136 posts | 222 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #550: Apr 18, 2024 10:37:16 pm

Nothing more to be said.

But there wasn't really a reaction at all, the players were lifeless for 85mins of the match. Tactically F***ing clueless and resulted to playing hoofball the whole game.

We won the game with a fortuitous pen that only gets given in Europe. Well woopty F***ing do.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #551: Apr 18, 2024 10:38:16 pm

Bloody hell.

Quick Reply