Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Atalanta?

Alisson Becker
      5 (11.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      14 (32.6%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      3 (7%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (7%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      5 (11.6%)
      Curtis Jones
      1 (2.3%)
      Cody Gakpo
      6 (14%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Mohamed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Jayden Danns
      6 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: Apr 22, 2024 09:54:34 pm

Atalata 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 8088 times
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 888 posts | 103 
      Re: Atalata 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Apr 18, 2024 10:00:43 pm
      Only Villa through...who'd have thunk it
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,629 posts | 763 
      Re: Live: Atalanta V Liverpool
      Reply #507: Apr 18, 2024 10:00:56 pm

Youse lot would have taken this season at the start of the season. I'm not sure what all the crying is about.
      Millsy75
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 331 posts | 49 
      Reply #508: Apr 18, 2024 10:01:05 pm
      Guys...Gakpo played the full match. What else do you expect?

Bizarre decision to buy him let alone play him. Absolute donkey.
      absolutely,said it after 3 games
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #509: Apr 18, 2024 10:01:10 pm
      Klopp is done and so is his team. Imagine he would not go … blessing in disguise that we will get something fresh. And do not worry, this team will continue to struggle, you can see all kinds of technical errors to be sure this isnt fixed soon, so do not sweat about the league anymore.

Congratulations on your accurate prediction and that your wish came true. Bet you’re the happiest person here tonight! Well done! Enjoy our exit! This is also something I’ll never ever say to Keith.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,686 posts | 6981 
      Reply #510: Apr 18, 2024 10:01:38 pm
      I had low hopes after last week so not a huge shock.  In fact, my only major shock is the clean sheet!

Let's hope we win the derby!
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,947 posts | 452 
      Reply #511: Apr 18, 2024 10:01:56 pm
      All a bit embarassing really. Didn't create a chance in that half. Didn't have an answer to their style. I mean player for player we were outplayed but I cant help but feel that game was was and lost in the preparation. We seemed totally ill equipped to deal with them and ran into a bit of an ambush at Anfield.

We look like a team on the beach. If we need to sell a few for the new manager there's 5 or 6 candidates in the side who just won't make it here.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,516 posts | 2873 
      Reply #512: Apr 18, 2024 10:02:29 pm
      Last 6 games don't really matter we'll finish top 4 either way. Better to start planning for next season from tomorrow.

Probably need 6 points to make sure of top 4. With 3 difficult away games to come it isn't a given with how we're playing.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,515 posts | 8685 
      Reply #513: Apr 18, 2024 10:02:33 pm
      Seeing what Atalanta did it's pretty lucky we didn't meet Xabi and Bayer. They would of torn us a new arsehole looking at how muddled our play is.

At certain points we just looked clueless, at other points just like we wanted the game out of the way. Seriously other than the first 20 mins of the first half tonight we were F***ing dogshit in both ties.

Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,363 posts | 290 
      Reply #514: Apr 18, 2024 10:02:51 pm
      You can't turn on Klopp after everything he's done for us. He did cut a beaten figure tonight but FFS his players haven't done much to instill belief.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,532 posts | 225 
      Reply #515: Apr 18, 2024 10:03:06 pm
      We gave fight, I did see energy but what we lacked was quality

Had we played today like we did in the first leg, we would be through

Today was not down to a lack of effort but a lack of quality which is linked to form of key players imo

Szob is a shadow of a player from the first half of the season and needs a pre season to recharge

I would play jones even though he was poor today ahead of him for now

Diaz again offers little bar running and losing the ball

Nunez very very poor again when coming on

Problem is Salah is also off the boil and we cannot drop everyone

Gapko was our best attacker and that’s saying something

I do think the biggest issue is our spending going downhill when Edwards left.

I am sorry but we spent what, 130-140m on gapko, Nunez and Diaz. That was a terrible terrible decision and I know klopp was a Nunez buy but this shows you why we needed to be strong and say no

New manager has a lot to sort out in our attack, it needs rebuilding
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,559 posts | 1547 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #516: Apr 18, 2024 10:03:37 pm
      We were desperate for our big players to come back from injury. Slowly they've been returning, and slowly we've been getting worse.

Irony.

KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,532 posts | 225 
      Reply #517: Apr 18, 2024 10:05:05 pm
      Seeing what Atalanta, it's pretty lucky we didn't meet Xabi and Bayer. They would of torn us a new arsehole looking at how muddled our play is.

At certain points we just looked clueless, at other points just like we wanted the game out of the way. Seriously other than the first 20 mins or so of the first half we were F***ing dogshit in both ties.

Think we would have treated them with more respect 1st leg imo the effort was there today but the quality wasn’t

I said it before but our issues are with the poor choice of attackers we brought in. Reset is needed, they lack quality and it’s glaringly obvious when Salah is off form at how bad they rest are (bar
      Jota)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,372 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #518: Apr 18, 2024 10:05:38 pm
      We were desperate for our big players to come back from injury. Slowly they've been returning, and slowly we've been getting worse.

Irony.

Bizzare isnt it
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,066 posts | 548 
      Reply #519: Apr 18, 2024 10:05:42 pm
      Good first half that gave us a chance in the tie, but that second half was just a rerun of the first leg. They got their man marking working and we couldn't play through them. Watching us passing it back and sideways for the last 20 minutes there when we should have been chasing a goal with everything we had was a bit strange. It was exactly what we did at Anfield, didn't seemed to have learned anything at all.

I thought the subs were the right move at the time but they actually made us worse, we just disappeared completely as an attacking force. Credit to them, they were the better team over the 2 legs, Gasperini outfoxed Jürgen I'm afraid. We had one 45 minutes were we looked like we knew how to play against them, they won the other 3.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,532 posts | 225 
      Reply #520: Apr 18, 2024 10:05:46 pm

Irony.

Trent improved is a lot today imo

Szob and Salah are off form and when Salah is not firing, we will drop a level
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,686 posts | 6981 
      Reply #521: Apr 18, 2024 10:06:46 pm
      You can't turn on Klopp after everything he's done for us. He did cut a beaten figure tonight but FFS his players haven't done much to instill belief.

Nobody's turning on him! Bit of an exaggeration.

But in life when you have to work your notice sometimes you maybe don't give as much of a toss!  And the players all know he's leaving so it surely must impact on your 'determination'.   That's natural human behaviour I would have thought.

We need to be getting the next manager boxed off quickly though, because this team does need a few new faces in the summer - CB, DM and a forward.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,559 posts | 1547 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #522: Apr 18, 2024 10:07:18 pm
      Trent improved is a lot today imo

Szob and Salah are off form and when Salah is not firing, we will drop a level
      To be fair, first half, Trent was playing some really good stuff. Faded second half, which is to be expected.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,532 posts | 225 
      Reply #523: Apr 18, 2024 10:08:38 pm
      To be fair, first half, Trent was playing some really good stuff. Faded second half, which is to be expected.

Yup, take Trent out of that team, we would have been passing back to Ali for 90 mins

Midfield was pathetic today as was our attackers bar gapko for me

We have massive problems, it’s really dawned on me we spent like 140-150m on Nunez, gapko and Diaz. What the F**k
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,259 posts | 3500 
      Reply #524: Apr 18, 2024 10:09:24 pm
      We lost the tie in the first game

People will point fingers at players like Jones because they are the easy target but

Mo , Dom were very poor tonight and have been since they both returned from injury

But it’s beyond staggering, it’s a disgrace and not the way for any fan of the club to turn on Klopp the way some are

If you want to do that go and support someone else

Have a Quick Look back to where we were this time last season
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,495 posts | 826 
      Reply #525: Apr 18, 2024 10:10:24 pm
      Not having a dig at Klopp...he's been an absolute godsend to this football club, but tonight, for the first time you could see he had nothing left to give....he's drained....he's given everything he could, and it's so sad to see. We could see from 15 minutes in the game was too slow...Jones isn't going to get you back in the tie away in Europe...But Jürgen isn't seeing what we are seeing...he's running on empty...in a way how could he not be?...He's given his whole life to us for all these years...It's clear now it's time for him to go...but make no mistake, We'll miss him when he's gone.

Whoever comes in, needs to reshape these players into a team....at the moment we're just a mess.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,535 posts | 3470 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #526: Apr 18, 2024 10:10:53 pm
      Damage was done last week. Allowed atalanta to sit in and we struggled to get through the man for man marking.
      glennusmc

• 5,837 posts | 477 
      Reply #527: Apr 18, 2024 10:11:36 pm
      Just beat the Spurs and Everton. That’s all I care about what these last remaining games.
      RedWilly

• 9,219 posts | 1646 
      Reply #528: Apr 18, 2024 10:12:30 pm
      Nobody's turning on him! Bit of an exaggeration.

But in life when you have to work your notice sometimes you maybe don't give as much of a toss!  And the players all know he's leaving so it surely must impact on your 'determination'.   That's natural human behaviour I would have thought.

We need to be getting the next manager boxed off quickly though, because this team does need a few new faces in the summer - CB, DM and a forward.

Spot on, strange to announce it mid season as Jürgen seems to know a huge amount t about motivation. Might have been that it was about to get leaked and got ahead of it.

But once people know you’re off (and you know), then that’s it. He’s given us enough, would be nice for the lads to turn up and show some pride. It’s the lack or urgency that pisses me off so much, some of them appear so lazy and disinterested.

Quick Reply