Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Ham?

Alisson Becker
      6 (10.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Jarell Quansah
      1 (1.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      20 (35.1%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      2 (3.5%)
      Harvey Elliott
      3 (5.3%)
      Ryan Gravenberch
      8 (14%)
      Wataru Endo
      1 (1.8%)
      Luis Diaz
      9 (15.8%)
      Cody Gakpo
      2 (3.5%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      2 (3.5%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Mohamed Salah
      2 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: May 01, 2024 02:24:59 pm

West Ham United 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 5716 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,142 posts | 3466 
      Re: West Ham United 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Apr 27, 2024 06:18:27 pm
      We are actually 6th in first half table, not sure where that stat is coming from. And we are 1st in second half this season, that too by 11 points, its the first goal conceded that has fu**ed us royally. Dry goal spells happen with young players, its the defence where we fu**ed up.

https://1x2stats.com/en-gb/ENG/Premier-League/table/first-half/

Think today made it 16 times we have gone behind , not sure if that’s across all comps as opposed to just Prem games
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #576: Apr 27, 2024 07:06:47 pm
      Cannot give MOM, 'cuase did'nt watch it, but I guess it was Diaz.  My question is where does everyone think we go from here, we've got great players and anyone can have an off day, but we seem to do it enblock, like everyone is sh*te no-one knows what they're supposed to do.   Rotation eh?. given to understand they train together ?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,698 posts | 3937 
      Reply #577: Apr 27, 2024 07:09:10 pm

https://1x2stats.com/en-gb/ENG/Premier-League/table/first-half/

Think today made it 16 times we have gone behind , not sure if that’s across all comps as opposed to just Prem games

It’s a horrendous stat
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,142 posts | 3466 
      Reply #578: Apr 27, 2024 07:11:45 pm
      Cannot give MOM, 'cuase did'nt watch it, but I guess it was Diaz.  My question is where does everyone think we go from here, we've got great players and anyone can have an off day, but we seem to do it enblock, like everyone is sh*te no-one knows what they're supposed to do.   Rotation eh?. given to understand they train together ?

We just go again next season under a new manager with new ideas and some fresh faces

Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,593 posts | 1101 
      Reply #579: Apr 27, 2024 07:15:27 pm

We dont keep clean sheets. We are poor in every aspect of our defensive play both individually and collectively.

The new manager has alot of problems to sort out. But as always , start at the back and address the obvious issues,  and go from there.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,128 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #580: Apr 27, 2024 07:18:05 pm

Still got that bucket handy if you need it mate.
      Brian57953956
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #581: Apr 27, 2024 07:21:12 pm

I'd say we've got the 3rd best squad in the league, but we're further behind the 2nd best squad than the 4th best squad are behind us.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #582: Apr 27, 2024 07:21:59 pm

We just go again next season under a new manager with new ideas and some fresh faces

Heres hoping mate, 4 games ago we were fighting for the lot and look whats happened to us, no bad luck, simply down to our own mentality
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,142 posts | 3466 
      Reply #583: Apr 27, 2024 07:22:36 pm
      We dont keep clean sheets. We are poor in every aspect of our defensive play both individually and collectively.

The new manager has alot of problems to sort out. But as always , start at the back and address the obvious issues,  and go from there.

Think we are 3rd for clean sheets maybe 4th this season

And think only 2 clubs have conceded less - city and Arsenal

“Poor in every aspect”

The last month has been poor but before that we were solid

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,142 posts | 3466 
      Reply #584: Apr 27, 2024 07:24:10 pm
      Heres hoping mate, 4 games ago we were fighting for the lot and look whats happened to us, no bad luck, simply down to our own mentality

It’s been a disappointing end to the season

But I don’t think we need to overreact too much

The squad is still developing and building as we move forward - the last 4/5 games shouldn’t distract from the great work done before that
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 678 posts | 89 
      Reply #585: Apr 27, 2024 07:33:30 pm
      We need a bloody good attacking coach. Biggest failure, decision making in final third and a bit of composure.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,264 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #586: Apr 27, 2024 07:34:46 pm
      Gakpo not putting the ball in the goal from the keepers mistake sums up our squad
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,606 posts | 752 
      Reply #587: Apr 27, 2024 08:07:06 pm
      It’s been a disappointing end to the season

But I don’t think we need to overreact too much

The squad is still developing and building as we move forward - the last 4/5 games shouldn’t distract from the great work done before that

All we need is a real CDM, maybe a CB and to play Trent no where near the defense ever again and we'll be good.

Everyone is overreacting so much ;D.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #588: Apr 27, 2024 08:21:15 pm
      Maybe if you hadn’t posted it like a child in the first place

I know we're all pissed off, but pack all this bollocks in. 

Anyway, I'm actually surprised we are 6th in the 1st half table (technically 7th on points per game) looks like it checks out.  We must have conceded first and got a few equalisers before half time to salvage that first half record.

Either way, on the basis of our first halves we'd be looking at a season as bad as last year.

Last season we were 5th in both 1st half and 2nd half.
      « Last Edit: Apr 27, 2024 08:26:57 pm by JD »
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,780 posts | 891 
      Reply #589: Apr 27, 2024 08:21:36 pm
      Gakpo not putting the ball in the goal from the keepers mistake sums up our squad

Ref had blown so no matter what, they wouldn't have given it. Instead he would have picked up a Yellow Card.. maybe even a red from these corrupt officials
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,264 posts | 927 
      Reply #590: Apr 27, 2024 08:24:07 pm
      Ref had blown so no matter what, they wouldn't have given it. Instead he would have picked up a Yellow Card.. maybe even a red from these corrupt officials

Maybe, maybe not but would have put pressure on the ref, we need to learn the dark arts, we’re just to nice
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,142 posts | 3466 
      Reply #591: Apr 27, 2024 08:32:42 pm

The referee blew his whistle before Gakpo had a chance
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,665 posts | 1599 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #592: Apr 27, 2024 08:34:20 pm
      I can't help wondering if Klopp had put Salah and Nunez on when we were 2-1 up and had the momentum whether we would have won, instead I feel he waited far too long and maybe that was what Mo was complaining about, he certainly didn't give them enough time to make any real impact. Instead he put pressure on them to score the winning goal.
      I don't want to throw Jürgen under the bus especially as it's the last few games of the season but I feel he got this wrong today, it's such a shame the way the last couple of weeks have gone and we've gone to pieces without as much as a whimper, tragic, as I'm sure we didn't expect it to end like this.  :(
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,420 posts | 2836 
      Reply #593: Apr 27, 2024 08:48:16 pm

When I watch us defend it feels like it's Van Dijk or nothing. He has to have a blinder for us to have a chance of keeping a clean sheet. When it goes into the box it has to be him dealing with it or we F**k it up. Not saying he's immune to criticism as he's definitely been poor lately but we're way too reliant on him.

First job for the recruitment team is to find a top centre half who can play 3 games a week.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 980 posts | 191 
      Reply #594: Apr 27, 2024 08:53:05 pm

Maybe, just maybe the ref blowing up before he could stopped him?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,264 posts | 927 
      Reply #595: Apr 27, 2024 08:53:47 pm
      When I watch us defend it feels like it's Van Dijk or nothing. He has to have a blinder for us to have a chance of keeping a clean sheet. When it goes into the box it has to be him dealing with it or we F**k it up. Not saying he's immune to criticism as he's definitely been poor lately but we're way too reliant on him.

First job for the recruitment team is to find a top centre half who can play 3 games a week.

Have said that for months, Matip Konate, all injury prone all we do is chop and change
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,387 posts | 787 
      Reply #596: Apr 27, 2024 08:54:15 pm
      We need a bloody good attacking coach. Biggest failure, decision making in final third and a bit of composure.
      Even though not playing well we're still making chances, so yes composure is an issue.....is that something that can be coached into players?...Not sure. A major issue I've noticed is our defence not making a tackle to stop an attack, how many times have we seen opposition players just glide from the touchline through a static defence and fashion a chance? Their equaliser today....I was screaming put a fu*king tackle in...and whatever you do don't let him cross the ball....but no, we just back off...we've seen it all too often. In all sport it's about finding a way to win...at all costs...It was pathetic to let this West Ham back into it....the prize is too big to just fold like that.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,420 posts | 2836 
      Reply #597: Apr 27, 2024 09:06:54 pm
      With Villa two up it looks like we might need to win one of our last three (or get a draw at Villa Park) to stay ahead of them given our better goal difference. They have Brighton and Palace away and us at home to come (with a European semi final sandwiched in between)

Similarly we might need a win to hold off Spurs (or draw to them at home) given our better GD. They have a much harder set of fixtures though - Arsenal, City and Burnley at home and away at Chelsea, us and Sheffield United.

Quick Reply