Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

All three strikers at once?

Read 2322 times
      gojohnnygogogo
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 1 posts |
      Jul 26, 2006 07:13:24 pm
      A big hello to everyone,this is my first post since joining from lfc online and i would like to ask my fellow reds how do we fit momo,alonso and stevie g in and what strike force would you put them with if all three play. :?:  :?: :?:
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Re: can all three play at once.
      Reply #1: Jul 26, 2006 07:35:11 pm
      Quote from: "gojohnnygogogo"
      how do we fit momo,alonso and stevie g in and what strike force would you put them with if all three play. :?:  :?: :?:

A big welcome to ya,

I think it will be very rare we will play with all three of them now we have more options out wide.  Alonso and SG for me - although Momo is good at breaking up the opposition's midfield.

Tough away games he may still opt for the five man midfield but he will almost certainly be choosing Bellamy this season whereas Crouch was the single striker last year.
      Stevie G
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #2: Jul 27, 2006 06:58:27 pm
      For me, the only way we're gonna see all 3 on the same pitch is if we have massive injuries (touchwood we don't), and gerrard has to play a hell of alot more attacking.
      LFC*****
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      Reply #3: Jul 27, 2006 09:26:17 pm
      Heres my formation with all 3 playing (4-2-3-1)

Bellamy

Gonzalez                                Gerrard                                 Pennant

Alonso                                Sissoko

Aurelio             Hyypia                               Carragher       Finnan
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #4: Jul 27, 2006 09:45:52 pm
      I like your confidence mate.

I'd play with a keeper myself - but Rafa can be adventurous..  ;D
      LFC*****
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      Reply #5: Jul 28, 2006 12:01:39 am
      d'oh  :shock:  

yea id put reina in goal as well
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 146 posts |
      Reply #6: Jul 28, 2006 11:16:02 am
      i think having momo in the team is so so important that without him last season i don;t think we looked as solid. plus i felt xabi and stevie g played a lot better with him despite the fact that sg played on right.

i agree with LFC***. i think we can accomodate all three on occasions but most of the time we need to have 2 up front. the attack always looks much more structured and effective when there are 2 up there. for me, robbie is the one with the other 2 having to rotate. robbie is so class at bringing payers in and the goals he scored last season reminded me of the good old days when the hairs on the back of me neck stand up.

back to the question though. stevie g must always play unless rest is needed. otherwise i think that depending on the attacking ability of the opposition then it should be rotated between momo and xabi.

what ever happens i think it gonna bedead tough for rafa to chose. Nice headache though.

for the BIG games, never underestimate the quality of LUIS GARCIA. the mans a genuis and he was as important as dude, sg and carra at winning that lovely cup in 05.
      Bristol Scouse
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #7: Jul 28, 2006 11:39:19 pm
      The most satisfying thing about ALL our signings this summer means we now have a great squad with strength and depth in most, if not all, positions.

With a manager as tactically astute as Rafa, we now have the personel to accomodate almost any formation.

Ideally you will always have stevie and xabi in the middle of the park with our options out wide we have a 4-4-2 that would scare most teams.

Momo is class and would allow us in a 4-5-1, or if we were feeling adventurous 3-5-2 to not only hold up the ball and break up play but have great counter attacking options down both flanks.

If we need to rest players (ie Stevie, Xabi, Luis etc) during an early round league cup game what price a 4-3-3 with speedy, momo and pennant in midfield and bellamy, crouch and god up front ?

Whatever happens, I cant wait for the season to start!!!!!!!!!!
      mikal.shaw
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #8: Jul 29, 2006 04:14:26 pm
      lfc**** wat about god!!! he is above all else
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #9: Jul 29, 2006 09:58:34 pm
      in my mind its essential all 3 of them play, when momo was out with his eye injury the team looked sluggish without his neverending running and battling  to inspire them, its just a case of does gerrard play central in a 5 or left/right in a 4 with one of speedy luis pennant aurelio or kewell on the other side
      LFC*****
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      Reply #10: Jul 30, 2006 09:30:47 am
      Remember his dubbing "The new Vieira"  heres  a new one " He Wears The Boots, Vieira Cleans Them"
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #11: Jul 30, 2006 10:13:23 am
      sounds good

Quick Reply