Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Rafa's midfield

Read 4782 times
      marcuk03
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts | -2 
      Re: Rafa's midfield
      Reply #23: Dec 11, 2007 02:03:35 pm

We are fourth because we have a game in hand and have brought many new members into a team to gel together this season... together with a terrible run of injuries through out the squad.

We will not be 4th in May - more like 1st.

Keep the faith.

i do have faith, just not in all of our players. (and judging by the amount of games hes played, neither does Rafa)

Momo and JAR to leave = GBP 6M - to be used bring in another quality defender for cover... Marchena of Valencia would be my personal choice.

agreed, but we need more than just centre half cover.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #24: Dec 11, 2007 02:29:56 pm
      riise and leto are not worth mentioning

I take you haven't seen any more of Leto than the couple of appearances he's made for the first team then? Because I don't believe you would slate him so quickly if you'd seen him play for the reserves. He isn't the finished article by any means, but he definitely has raw talent, and anyone who's seen a bit of him could tell you that.
      marcuk03
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts | -2 
      Reply #25: Dec 11, 2007 02:36:17 pm
      he cannot even get a start in front of JAR or harry

surely he cant be that good then can he ?

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #26: Dec 11, 2007 02:38:44 pm

As he is still at reserve level. Kewell and JAR have a lot of experience in the first team. The kid is going to be amazing! (Key word, KID! ;)) What Eddie is saying is that he is an up and coming player, not the finished article!
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #27: Dec 11, 2007 02:39:08 pm

He is, but Rafa doesn't tend to rush youngsters into the first team. I also think he may still have some language issues at the moment which can't help either, a couple of times for the reserves I've seen him looking totally baffled when Gary Abblett shouts instructions at him.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #28: Dec 11, 2007 02:39:48 pm

Putting JAR (prob going in Jan) and Harry (prob going on Bosman end of season) in the shop window is essential for them and the club.

Leto on the other hand is one for the future - and he has a great future in football from what I have seen him play in the reserves.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #29: Dec 11, 2007 02:40:57 pm
      a couple of times for the reserves I've seen him looking totally baffled when Gary Abblett shouts instructions at him.

Imagine him with Carragher then! ;) :lmao:
      marcuk03
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts | -2 
      Reply #30: Dec 11, 2007 02:43:30 pm
      i hope you all prove me wrong and he turns out to be a wonder kid and not another mark gonzalez then.

heres hoping  ;)
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #31: Dec 11, 2007 02:44:10 pm

Torres said recently on spanish radio that he can't understand a word that Jamie says to him... that's probably why Jamie is more theatrical in his gestures on the pitch - so that they know he is F***ing NOT happy with something... and not leave it to scouse-accent chance!

Get in Señor Carra!!! (...we need 11 Carras!!!)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #32: Dec 11, 2007 02:46:32 pm
      Torres said recently on spanish radio that he can't understand a word that Jamie says to him... that's probably why Jamie is more theatrical in his gestures on the pitch - so that they know he is F***ing NOT happy with something... and not leave it to scouse-accent chance!

Get in Señor Carra!!! (...we need 11 Carras!!!)

A lot of the Spanish players have said that, and the rest obviously! That's a good point that, how much more theatrical he's got! ;D I get like that if someone can't understand me! ;)
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #33: Dec 11, 2007 02:48:00 pm
      I hope you all prove me wrong and he turns out to be a wonder kid and not another mark gonzalez then.

heres hoping  ;)

Leto will prove you wrong sir.

BTW, Mark Gonzalez is also proving to be a disaster for Betis.

You know they say small details mean a lot - well when I travelled over from Madrid last season to Anfield with my little boy - we shouted over (in Spanish) to Mark in the Anfield car park to come over and sign an autograph - he looked over, tutted and walked away to his car...

Torres on the other hand was recently a total gent with my boy - and was more than happy to spend some time and have a chat and a picture taken with us. Un Caballero.

Class is Class.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #34: Dec 11, 2007 02:51:22 pm
      Leto will prove you wrong sir.

BTW, Mark Gonzalez is also proving to be a disaster for Betis.

You know they say small details mean a lot - well when I travelled over from Madrid last season to Anfield with my little boy - we shouted over (in Spanish) to Mark in the Anfield car park to come over and sign an autograph - he looked over, tutted and walked away to his car...

Torres on the other hand was recently a total gent with my boy - and was more than happy to spend some time and have a chat and a picture taken with us. Un Caballero.

Class is Class.

Un Caballero - Gentleman! ;) I got called that a lot by my Spanish lecturer haha!

I've mentioned in another thread today how down to earth Torres is! Me mate seen him in Speke in a music shop and he still took time to get a picture with him and have a gab!

I expected Gonzalez to do well at Betis! It's a shame, I wanted him to do well! Was always behind him during his time here but it just wasn't to be! :( Some people just aren't good enough, no matter how badly they want to be! Didn't expect him to be a pr**k though! :laugh: Quite shocked at that!

Quick Reply