Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Reading v Liverpool - Match Thread

Read 14941 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Re: Reading v Liverpool - Match Thread
      Reply #115: Dec 09, 2007 10:31:20 am
      Any news on the Referee's inconsistencies? he practically tampered with the match with the questionable calls he made. Should be suspended.He has no business officiating a Premiership match. should be in Div 2 learning the ropes. That could have been a Rugby referee officiating the Liverpool match yesterday.
      « Last Edit: Dec 09, 2007 10:56:44 am by solodee »
      bobbins
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #116: Dec 09, 2007 02:09:15 pm
      What ever team was put out yesterday we should be able to beat reading, it wasn't the team that lost the game but the formation, rafa got it wrong and had one eye on tuesday night, having said that we created enough to have won the game.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #117: Dec 09, 2007 03:13:48 pm
      Bollocks so we lost and to a well deserving Reading team who lets face it need the win more than we do right now and we can go into the Marseille game hungry for a win, anyway the fact that Arsenal are about to lose their unbeaten record to Boro helps ease the pain and we still have a game in hand to take us to closer to the top.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #118: Dec 09, 2007 03:38:06 pm
      Told you arsenal would slip up sooner or later didnt I. Them losing doesnt make things seem that bad now does it!!!!
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #119: Dec 09, 2007 04:14:49 pm
      at the end of the day, we weren't at our best and a few decisions went against us.  these things happen.  only one league defeat and we're in december, i think we all would have taken that in august. win our game in hand and we're only 4 points of top spot.  hardly cause for shitting ourselves.  the same pundits that were singing our praises after the previous 5 games are now saying we are in the sh*t!!  they get paid money to be controversial so F**k 'em.

i believe we are going in the right direction and will be there or thereabouts come may, you cant allow one slip up to change you're mind, if you do you're as fickle as that dickhead sherwood.
      5strs
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #120: Dec 09, 2007 04:17:00 pm
      Arsenal 1 Boro 2 .     That'll do us,helps to soften the blow,At least they hav'nt cashed in on our defeat an extended their lead to 10 points.We,ve still got a game in hand so things arnt to bad.That refs was sh*te yesterday,but thats the way it goes.Win some lose some.I didnt hear any reds supporters moaning abar the ref when we robbed the bluesh*te at Goodison. ;D
      shikhark
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts |
      Reply #121: Dec 09, 2007 05:41:19 pm
      I was really pissed yesterday after the game as most of you would have been,but i feel much better today(arsenal's loss helped a little :P, as did the news that none of our players were injured)

IMO Rafa got it wrong with his tactics last night,but even so we created enough chances to win the game.It was just a matter of luck.
      Had we got even ONE penalty decision ,we would have been 2-1 up,maybe even 3-1 (forget the fact that their goal was never a penalty in the 1st place) and it would have been a totally different game altogether.I also think that Rafa was right in subbing Gerrard,Carra and Torres when they got the 3rd goal,considering the 3 big matches coming up.

Anybody who says that we are out of the title race is stupid.

1.We have lost just ONE game till now.
      2.We are just 7 points behind the leaders with a game in hand and with still MORE THAN HALF the season to play.
      3.If you look at our record for the past few seasons,we have been very good around the next month or so.
      4.Chelsea and Arsenal are going to lose some of their major players for the African Nations (Essien,Drogba,Toure,Eboue etc ...),so they will not find it so easy to win matches.We will just lose Sissoko (who i really feel needs to improve a lot,but thats not the point here).

Yes it was a bad result,but its not the end of the road...not by a long way.

Prediction:We will win our next 2 games :D

YNWA
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #122: Dec 09, 2007 07:02:38 pm

Prediction:We will win our next 2 games :D

YNWA

If you're saying it, that sounds good to me!  ;)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #123: Dec 10, 2007 01:41:10 am
      Well I was totally pissed off when I saw the line up on Sat. Even more so when I saw how we played and the result. When will Rafa learn. it is repeatadly said through these posts, " Mabey Rafa will learn from this and not make the same mistakes again" but after going on a good run, we get some consistency going and he does it again! O.K. The arse and  Man City lost to soften he blow as was earlier said, but what does it do to confidence and moral with the two biggest games of the season coming up. For fucks sake, play your strongest side and rest your top players when  the game is safe, not introduce them when your behind and chasing the game. The ref was also crap, that didn't help. Thiers not a penalty and us denied two.   Oh and er, Sisoko has to go. Just not up to the required standard.  All to do then on Tuesday and Saturday. Come on you mighty reds !
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #124: Dec 10, 2007 05:50:31 am
      Its my first post regarding the game...didn't get near a pc this weekend...

Fortunately (or unfortunately in this instance) I managed to catch the game, could have done with missing it though! I woke up Sunday morning and realised that it just wasn't our day. A combination of bad decisions and very sturdy woodwork conspired to deny us any way back into the game. It seemed that every time Reading came forward, they looked dangerous and threatened so much more than we thought they would. Sure, we were narrow, no width in Voronin, but all the things that went so smoothly in front of goal over the last few weeks just didn't happen on Saturday evening. We looked shell shocked after the goals and even, dare I say, distracted by the 'bigger' games coming up. It was just what I really didn't want...to head into a fairly big week on the back of a defeat.

It was a freak result, these do come along, (ask the Arse) and we will bounce back with a quality showing against Le French, and a magnificent showing against Manure...

The hurt has worn off, and I'm ready for the big games!!!

Walk On...
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #125: Dec 10, 2007 10:33:13 am
      Arsenal 1 Boro 2 .     That'll do us,helps to soften the blow,At least they hav'nt cashed in on our defeat an extended their lead to 10 points.We,ve still got a game in hand so things arnt to bad.That refs was sh*te yesterday,but thats the way it goes.Win some lose some.I didnt hear any reds supporters moaning abar the ref when we robbed the bluesh*te at Goodison. ;D

The thing here is we don't need others (Arsenal) to help us, we need to help ourselves by winning every game, and not to loose the least. The problem with us is inconsistency, and that we have aplenty. One moment blowing hot and next moment blowing cold. That's no way to show our championship qualities, but on the other hand the amateurish handling of the game by the referee who is badly short sighted did not help as well.  But when you have JAR and Momo in the team what do you expect? When we removed Torres, Stevie and Jamie we looked so ordinary (looks more like Derby). I can't imagine if these 3 players were to be injured. So does that tells us that we have qualities in depth?

If we keep on dropping points like this, we can say goodbye to our championship hopes.

I hope  Kuyt, Voronin and the rest would pull up their socks, and pull it high enough to be counted week in week out to get the results and not relying on the key players to do the job. If they don't, they're simply not good enough to play for LFC. End of.

donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #126: Dec 10, 2007 01:43:22 pm
      Thought we didn't turn up on Saturday - watched the game in Charlie P's bar in Vienna - being wound-up by a bunch of Irish Manure fans who had just watched the scum win before our game... what a bunch of cu*ts!!

I dearly want us to beat the scum on Sunday - but then again - what's new!

My personal ranking for Saturday would be:

Reina  - 4 - bad game for him (could have stopped one and maybe two)
      Arbeloa - 5 - below par / no flare
      Carra - 5 - sloppy for pen, looks worryingly knackered
      Hobbs - 6 - looked OK, will get better and better
      Riise - 3 - what can I say - useless - bye, bye in Jan
      Momo - 5 - not sure what his role was... looked lost
      Masch - 7 - did a decent job the whole game
      Gerrard - 6 - below par / kept looking at bench - what for?
      Voro - 4 - bad game
      Torres - 5 - below par / looked like he took a knock to come off
      Crouch - 4 - bad game for the big man

We just were not at the races... and the ref should ask Father Xmas for Specsavers...
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #127: Dec 10, 2007 02:30:27 pm
      Well seeing our unbeaten run in the Premiership comes to an end it links in to a promise I made months a go.

Sorry but I'm not sticking to my promise & the goatee is NOT being shaved off!  ;)
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #128: Dec 10, 2007 02:41:57 pm

Did anyone see this game? I did and Arsenal looked totally goosed. Wenger admitted it as well, he said they're knackered.. We've seen Arsenal give teams the runaround all season and here was a poor 'Boro team doing exactly what you'd expect from Arsenal.

Everyone seems to hate rotation, but the last couplde of games including their draw against N'castle away have shown working the same players into the ground can cause the inconsistancies that rotation does.

So I'm not too sure where I lie with rotation. As rotating or indeed not rotating both seem to have their benefits and flaws. Probably getting a good balance between the 2 is the secret. Rotate by all means but only when/where nessecary ??
      MsGerrard
      Reply #129: Dec 10, 2007 03:23:10 pm
      Did anyone see this game? I did and Arsenal looked totally goosed. Wenger admitted it as well, he said they're knackered.. We've seen Arsenal give teams the runaround all season and here was a poor 'Boro team doing exactly what you'd expect from Arsenal.

Off Topic I know but I'm not surprised Arsenal lost.......they couldn't even find their way to the ground  :lmao:

Quick Reply