Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Reading v Liverpool - Match Thread

Read 14956 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Re: Reading v Liverpool - Match Thread
      Reply #69: Dec 08, 2007 07:06:55 pm
      Crouch' ball beat the keeper and hit the post!!!!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #70: Dec 08, 2007 07:07:29 pm
      crouch off the post tells the entire story of the day!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #71: Dec 08, 2007 07:07:33 pm
      A wasted chance.

What's the point in again concentrating on the Champions League or looking ahead to United when we have just dropped all three points here?

You know, if we go out of big ears, it may be a blessing in disguise.

Arsenal could be 10 points clear of us tomorrow.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #72: Dec 08, 2007 07:08:11 pm
      Andy, you should take that 'ynwa' out of your username. Off down the pub before the finish? What a fine fan you are.
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #73: Dec 08, 2007 07:11:37 pm
      CAN I PLEASE SAY VORONIN IS sh*t*E
      Hans
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts | -1 
      Reply #74: Dec 08, 2007 07:14:20 pm
       >:( >:( >:(
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #75: Dec 08, 2007 07:15:29 pm
      Oh great, the negative crowd is back again, even though you were probably the same people singing rafa's name from the rooftops last week.

Well I only have one thing to say to you guys, and I make no apologies for saying it. F**k OFF YOU FICKLE cu*ts.
      solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      Reply #76: Dec 08, 2007 07:16:54 pm
      The match is over!! This is a minor set back. We also say goodbye to our unbeaten streak. I guess we didn't win them all. I must say that the moment torres was taken out, the spark went out of the game. That is a serious issue. He is right now, the only striker that, when goal-bound, looks most likely to score.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #77: Dec 08, 2007 07:17:52 pm
      A very dissappointing result and performance. We never really got going tonight for some reason, and although Rafa changed the side a bit I was sure the players picked were good enough to win the game. I hope this has got a bad performance out of our system before the big games coming up over the next couple of weeks.

I noticed that Setanta have brought up the rotation again as a reason for the performance even though it hasn't been mentioned over the last few weeks when we won the last five, scoring 21 and only conceding 1.

Let's put this down to a bad day at the office and look forward to Marseille and Man Utd.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #78: Dec 08, 2007 07:18:18 pm
      Eddie, you know I'm not usually negative (or should do anyway), but I gotta say Rafa seemed to get the selection wrong today. Whilst we were unlucky with the penalty calls (for and against us), we didn't actually play well at all, the system with the players as they were just didn't work.

This just wasn't our day; terrible decision for their penalty, our own decent claims turned down, hit the bar and the post....
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #79: Dec 08, 2007 07:18:39 pm
      Poor team selection we must have made sure we won this game, yes, we were playing against 12 men but suspect selections with one definately wrong selection which was sissoko.  It makes the last few games not count because 10 points from 5 is not title winning.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #80: Dec 08, 2007 07:19:58 pm
      Good shout solodee, it is only a setback after all, not the end of our season. I know it's disappointing to lose, but it's F***ing december & we're finally losing our first game of the season. Any other year we would be delighted with that fact.
      SuperJon
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 105 posts |
      Reply #81: Dec 08, 2007 07:20:34 pm
      I'm taking the blame for this.  I haven't been able to watch a game in God only knows how long, and we'd been winning.  I watched all 90 minutes today and we lost.  It's my fault.
      Hans
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts | -1 
      Reply #82: Dec 08, 2007 07:20:53 pm
      again another title dream into pieces............I`m a dutch Liverpool fan tìll death but I am really angry about today  >:(

I know it is just the first game we lose !
      solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      Reply #83: Dec 08, 2007 07:21:20 pm
      A wasted chance.

What's the point in again concentrating on the Champions League or looking ahead to United when we have just dropped all three points here?

You know, if we go out of big ears, it may be a blessing in disguise.

Arsenal could be 10 points clear of us tomorrow.

Why take out the players that could have help put us back in the game when we were trailing?
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #84: Dec 08, 2007 07:22:35 pm
      Being pissed off doesn't make you fickle. We should have won this game, a few people are annoyed at the subs and having one eye on next weeks games. It's natural to be pissed off when we lose and venting on a forum is a good way to do that. Doesn't make everyone fickle.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #85: Dec 08, 2007 07:22:59 pm
      Woodwork, wild shots, Hanneman in good form, weird substitutions, bad reffing and Rafa thinking about Tuesday?
      If Tuesday was a must win match it just got a whole lot more important - a bad day at the office.  :(
      Just for the record, you can't win them all and this is the 1st time we've lost in the league this season...
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #86: Dec 08, 2007 07:23:35 pm
      Obviously its only a setback i am not saying its over, but there were selection mistakes today.  Because as much as the utd game is crucial, but losing today we can't really gain much next week.  As for the marseille game, yes big game and very important especially to the owners, but we needed a wide player from the start.
      solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      Reply #87: Dec 08, 2007 07:23:56 pm
      Come tuesday! we will crush the next in the line-up of opponents
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #88: Dec 08, 2007 07:24:02 pm
      Yes hans, our title dreams have gone now. There is absolutely no chance we can win the title, after all we're miles away from the leaders.

Oh, hang on a second we're not. Was Utd's season over after losing to Bolton? I'm sure no-one thought that, but it's no different to our current situation.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #89: Dec 08, 2007 07:24:31 pm
      havnt gone yet i waited till the end i am only off to take the sh*t now instead of tuesday i always stay till the end
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #90: Dec 08, 2007 07:24:43 pm
      again another title dream into pieces............I`m a dutch Liverpool fan tìll death but I am really angry about today  >:(

How the hell is the title 'dream' in pieces!! We have just lost our first game and we our nearly approaching Christmas.

I really can't believe some of the people on the forum. I actually think some of you are just waiting for results like this just to have a good moan.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #91: Dec 08, 2007 07:25:40 pm
      That was frustrating....
      Annoyed because Sissoko before the sh*t hit the fan started to grow in confidence as the game went on...
      Annoyed because Crouch looked too fragile again.....
      Annoyed because we played like we were waiting for Stevie to pull us out of the hole again....thought those days were behind us...
      Pissed off because the ref is a muppet....
      Confused by Rafa's formation BUT have enough faith in the team and him that by this time next week we will have convincingly delt with Marseilles and Man Utd....

Not good...But you gotta believe.

Quick Reply