Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Marseille v Liverpool - Post Match Thread

Read 28189 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Marseille v Liverpool - Post Match Thread
      Reply #276: Dec 12, 2007 07:27:15 am
      That was fantastic,Well done RAFA and the lads.Every player  did the club and us fans proud and it was good to see the commitment to the cause they all showed.Without a doubt Torres is top class he had about 5 players around him when he scored and his ball control is amazing. The only problem with a 1st class performance like that is RAFA will have a job persuading Hicks and Gillette that he needs to bring players in in January.
      « Last Edit: Dec 12, 2007 02:34:11 pm by redkenny »
      lizzieroz
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      Reply #277: Dec 12, 2007 07:39:49 am
      Fantastic game - fantastic result

Thought everyone played well, even Riise didn't play too bad!!!

Bring on the manky scum - can't wait

:scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #278: Dec 12, 2007 07:51:18 am
      Unbelievable result!! 
      Congratulations to our TEAM - MANAGER - AND TRAVELING FANS  well done.  You just have to repeat it on Sunday???
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #279: Dec 12, 2007 08:14:48 am
      I don't trust Riise's defensive responsibilities of late and feel we need to be sticking to a reliable defence as well as going forward of course.

I take it back and I think the team as a whole played really well and effective in the end result which got us through.  I also would like to say that Harry Kewell played a blinder and had a part in both Torres and Kuyt's goals and almost had his own.  He should definitely start against United @ the weekend.
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #280: Dec 12, 2007 08:29:01 am
      I also would like to say that Harry Kewell played a blinder and had a part in both Torres and Kuyt's goals and almost had his own.  He should definitely start against United @ the weekend.

I think he should also start like i said his looking very sharp and confident at the moment and just adds the correct balance on that left wing for us.

I hope he stays fit for the rest of the season cause on current performance his looking lethal
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #281: Dec 12, 2007 08:39:14 am
      After the game last night my son sent me the following text.

Top class.  Torres is the king, no one better but Kewell is the man of the match for me!

I know what he is saying.  He was composed and put through some quality balls which helped unravel Marseille's fragile defence.

For me everybody played well but I thought the biggest cock up of the night was when the Marseille manager took off Bolo.  He was their only player with any creativity and Marseille were easier to handle without him.

Great performance!  Big confidence booster ahead of the United game. 

Please Rafa just keep the same squad.  Don't change the formation.  United's defence is just as fragile as Marseilles.
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #282: Dec 12, 2007 08:41:00 am
      Great game and a superb performance by the lads. Everyone played their part and we looked hungry for goals...after the second we kept up the intensity and commitment and produced 2 more which obviously killed off any chance of a miracle. We nullified every avenue of attack they attempted to use and broke up their play with ruthless efficiency. I knew we'd bounce back and play better. And now, to hand the Mancs a bit of the same...
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #283: Dec 12, 2007 08:58:34 am
      Please Rafa just keep the same squad.  Don't change the formation.  United's defence is just as fragile as Marseilles.

I think you're right mate we looked like we could dominate the best of them and had that been United I reckon we would have contained them well and with them having Neville out too they won't have that edge at the back that they rely on so much in this fixture.  I'm not going to say we would breeze the game but win it by a small margin probably 1-0, 2-1.

Merry Christmas all  :)
      « Last Edit: Dec 12, 2007 09:00:49 am by AJ »
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #284: Dec 12, 2007 09:02:00 am
      I think you're right mate we looked like we could dominate the best of them and had that been United I reckon we would have contained them well and with them having Neville out too they won't have that edge at the back that they rely on so much in this fixture.  I'm not going to say we would breeze the game but win it by a small margin probably 1-0, 2-1.

Merry Christmas all  :)

I would love to give a prediction but i'm to afraid to Jinx it i just hope we take all three points and close the Gap at the top.
      Istvan Kozma
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 165 posts | 31 
      Reply #285: Dec 12, 2007 10:35:44 am
      Personally, I think he thought with about 20 mins to go that it was not going happen and the only thing that was at stake was the fitness of his best players.  As decisions were going againsts us and we were hitting the woodwork, so he probably thought instead of lets say a 3-2 or at best a point which he probably didn't have a good feeling about, he wanted to be better prepared for some very important and tough 3 games coming up.  Just want to point out totally disagree with his decision, but lets all hope that we get a good performance today as these next few fixtures can knock the stuffing out of our confidence.

Anything can happen in Football in a couple of minutes nevermind 20 minutes!!!      I could understand why he took Torres off against Reading, but not Gerrard.  We should have beat Reading like we beat Marseille last night, but we'll move on from here in my opinion, as ultimately it's only one loss.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #286: Dec 12, 2007 10:52:25 am
      Congratulations!
      I were right!I had wanted to bet score 0-4 on prediction league thread, but didn't managed.
      So that score stayed only in my head, though everything I am very,very, very happy
      Liverpool have won and I were right with the score!!!
      16-1 in last three games in CL!!!
      Though ball possession percentage, they did nothing to oppose to our class!!!

The one thing I'd like to ask you:
        Why that strange black away kit? I have seen Liverpool for the first in such kit!
      Everything else is perfect without counting some passings what didn't prevent to control
      not ball, but the game.
      it's more important because it's difficult to be concentrated all the match.
      Thank you for players and Liverpool fans who arrived to support Liverpool in Marseille.
      I was in my thoughts with Liverpool during whole match repeating only one words in my mind
      Victory, victory. I might have said it about thousand times!!!
       I also congratulate you with this win!!!
      Lucky that I could celebrate it here on forum not alone as before!!!
      Thank you for that opportunity!!!
       The motto of Marseille
         "Droit au but" what forward to aim(or goal as you like).
      But as our commentator said
        This evening that motto is more right for Liverpool.

Torres goal is outstanding!Marseille were nervous, played without creativity and imagination.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #287: Dec 12, 2007 11:55:36 am
      Excellent performance from us probably the best weve played all season the game was over after 10mins,Torres showed his class again his goal was superb,id also like to give Harry Keweel a mention i thought he played superb last night.Thats part 1 of our big week done and dusted no bring on the mancs.

spot on prediction from King Kenny 4-0 well done.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #288: Dec 14, 2007 11:21:58 am
      Really worried that the Manc plan A will be to kick Torres to pieces...

Good, do that, let Tornado Torres be the decoy and lets plan the damage elsewhere and the scums will not know what had hit them.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #289: Dec 14, 2007 12:29:27 pm
      Good, do that, let Tornado Torres be the decoy and lets plan the damage elsewhere and the scums will not know what had hit them.

Not good if he is out for a few games as a result... we badly need The Kid to stay in this team as it rocks and rolls the premiership.

I swear if they start kicking El Niño I am going to take it out on the neighbours cat again... F***ing cheating scum bags, I just know in my heart they are going to kick the lad early doors. I hope the ref doesn't bottle it and gets his yellow cards out, without hesitation... The Kid needs to entertain the world on Sunday.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #290: Dec 14, 2007 12:32:30 pm
      Probably one of our best performances at the Velodome (or whatever its called) this season ;D. Probably should have won by a couple more goals. Torres' goal was one of the best of the season. And Babel's was also pure class. Créme de la Créme.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #291: Dec 14, 2007 05:39:13 pm

Il should be Crème de la Crème  - here it's necessary to put accent grave not accent aigu ;)
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #292: Dec 14, 2007 06:04:33 pm
      Il should be Crème de la Crème  - here it's necessary to put accent grave not accent aigu ;)

When on earth will that French GCSE come in handy??!!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #293: Dec 14, 2007 06:19:37 pm

We just say he is the "perros cojones" in España... i.e., dogs bollocks!
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #294: Dec 14, 2007 06:23:37 pm

Don't worry, no one French knows their language in perfect,
      But we, foreigners must do...Allez les Rouges
      Bonne chance!Continue d'étudier cette langue ;)
       et Tu ne sera jamais seul!

AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #295: Dec 14, 2007 07:13:54 pm
      Don't worry, no one French knows their language in perfect,
      But we, foreigners must do...Allez les Rouges
      Bonne chance!Continue d'étudier cette langue ;)
       et Tu ne sera jamais seul!
      Je Nes Comprend :P

« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2007 07:16:54 pm by AJ »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #296: Dec 14, 2007 07:15:50 pm
      Join the club AJ, no-one knows !!   :lmao:
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #297: Dec 14, 2007 07:19:15 pm
      Join the club AJ, no-one knows !!   :lmao:

;D it does require one to take on an interest of the great cultural connections this club brings to many fans across the world which makes me feel like I am part of the bigger picture in the wonderful world of football ;)
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #298: Dec 14, 2007 07:33:09 pm

You want to say "Je ne comprend pas".7 years at school +5 years at University.And you know French better than a French!
      ;D it does require one to take on an interest of the great cultural connections this club brings to many fans across the world which makes me feel like I am part of the bigger picture in the wonderful world of football ;)

Is it yours? I thought it's from book of aphorisms!I'm excited :-*

Allez les Rouges - Come on the Reds
      Tu ne sera jamais seul  -YNWA
      You know that in Spanish. Why not to know in the other languages?
      I know how YNWA in Italian and can ask about German variant ;)
      Learn foreign languages!!!

Quick Reply