Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Pennant or Duff?

Read 2579 times
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 146 posts |
      Pennant or Duff?
      Jul 27, 2006 07:50:13 am
      Some Reds have been saying how can we pay 6.7 m (8m overall) for a ''troublemaker'' when Newcastle have just brought Duff for 5m who is never in any''trouble'' and he has won 2 premiership titles.

Fist of all, i think this whole troublemaker thing is a bit unfair. yes, he was caught driving after being banned for D&D but does this mean he is a ''troublemaker?'' does this mean he will disrupt the team? will he tske em out on the lash? i don;t think so. Collymore was a troublmaker. he talked to the press how allegedly sh*t we were and the facilities we had after only being at the club for 2 months. Anelka, also, never talked to any of the players and so didn't add much to the team at all. Robbie claims that Anelka never passed the ball to him..this is how self centred Nico is. On this basis, i dont think we can call him a trouble maker. Robbie has been in his fair share of problems (white line, hotel bust ups, dockers, Le saux) but he is my all time hero and i personally think that these acts are just part of the profile that makes him great. Pennant may be a DEVIANT but not a TROUBLEMAKER.

11 goals in 147  appearances. bad return? the guys a winger and he has played for sh*te clubs or has only been on loan. he played for arsenal where their dickhead manager wasn't too impressed. how can you impress a manager who only likes players that have Englih as their 2nd language? he had no chance of breaking through into the team. then he went to leeds, blues...he didn;t do bad for these clubs but it was difficult as they were sh*t. he was very promising as ayoung player but if you do not have the right guidance or the right club then you can never really fulfill the Poteential. Rooney was a good player but after going to united(as much as i hate to say it) he has become even a better player. I can say the same for Gerrard, Riise, Fowler, Crouch, Luis Garcia, Kewell. these players hva eblossomed under Rafa compared with Houllier and previous clubs.

next. Duff said he followed his ''heart''.  Absolute bollocks mate! the reaon why you left is that you couldn;t cope with the competition and if you came to LFC you would have had to compete with Harry Bhai and Speedy. If not, you would have to play on the right, which i think he would have played if he signed. Pennant on the other hand is a R Mid so that has worked out better. Plus he is a boyhood Reds fan. His hero is John Barnes. He actually reminds me a bit of John B . If he can play anything like him then he will be great. the lads only 23 and he has enough time to become a Liverpool Great. lets hope so.

i was a bit sceptical, at first, with this signing but the more i think about it, the more i believe Rafa has made a decent signing. Lets hope he can learn from the players he will play with and that Rafa can make him a complete player. End product is what is probably needed.

Now all we need is DEFOE. Then, in my view, Chelski are finished and we will again conquer England.
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 146 posts |
      Pennant or Duff?
      Reply #1: Jul 27, 2006 07:54:45 am
      so the answer to the pennant and duff question is?...............
      Pennant
      sorry for rambling on
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 146 posts |
      Pennant or Duff?
      Reply #2: Jul 28, 2006 11:25:57 am
      does no one else have a view on what i've written. it took me ages to write up how i felt. thank guys!!
      LFC*****
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      Pennant or Duff?
      Reply #3: Jul 28, 2006 05:27:29 pm
      haha unlucky
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 146 posts |
      Pennant or Duff?
      Reply #4: Jul 28, 2006 06:20:31 pm
      no need for the arimony LFC***
      mikal.shaw
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Pennant or Duff?
      Reply #5: Jul 28, 2006 07:47:28 pm
      pennant is young enough to develop enough unlik duff
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 146 posts |
      Pennant or Duff?
      Reply #6: Jul 29, 2006 12:08:09 pm
      sorry lfc it ***** not ***.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Pennant or Duff?
      Reply #7: Jul 29, 2006 02:51:31 pm
      Loo 4 wht liverpool need im happy dat we got pennant!!! Quality plyr! YNWA
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Pennant or Duff?
      Reply #8: Jul 29, 2006 10:08:33 pm
      quality, young english player, what more could we ask for??? fits the bill perfectly. in 2 yrs we'll be askin ourselves how did rafa manage 2 get him at such a bargain price (like alonso & momo) while the mags will be lookin at another owen situation where theyre left with a class player who misses more games through injury than he actually plays
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Pennant or Duff?
      Reply #9: Jul 29, 2006 10:09:14 pm
      anyone actually think the duff move was press spec?
      RedWilly

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Pennant or Duff?
      Reply #10: Jul 31, 2006 12:27:27 pm
      Quote from: "riise' boot boy"
      anyone actually think the duff move was press spec?
      I don't think we ever wanted to sign i think chalsea just gave out that signal to increase the price they would receive.
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Pennant or Duff?
      Reply #11: Jul 31, 2006 12:32:58 pm
      Why would we need another left sided player....pennant all day long and yes the duff move was speculation to hurry the pennant deal through but it backfired coz he signed for newcastle
      RedWilly

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Pennant or Duff?
      Reply #12: Jul 31, 2006 09:23:00 pm
      You can't really compare them as they both play on different wings.
      Hoplite
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Pennant or Duff?
      Reply #13: Jul 31, 2006 11:03:55 pm
      JP is younger and is a right-sided player. He put 497 crosses into the box last season while playing for a team that was relegated from the outset. I would think he's worth a crack.

No point in considering Duff, we have too many left-sided players and Chelsea would never sell such a great player to the team thats going to take the Premier League from them next season....
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Pennant or Duff?
      Reply #14: Aug 01, 2006 10:11:56 pm
      from what i have seen in couple of games pennant looks
       a decent signing. thought he did well today.

Quick Reply