Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Moaning Momo Sissoko

Read 7588 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,125 posts | 453 
      Re: Moaning Momo Sissoko
      Reply #69: Dec 23, 2007 03:55:07 pm
      Rubbish he's F ING BRILL!!! Lucas is a young kid who needs help from seniors like Gerrard he can't play without Steve. However Momo is a experienced midfielder who can play 1st class footty and by himself but I know what you mean he's playing really crap I think he's got some family problem's as his quote talks family wise.

I think you should check all our poor results and you will find momo's name cropping up far too often.    I agree that he is young and has potential, but we are in a very difficult situation with Sissoko.   As we start him as a regular very early in his career, and a player wants to improve and play more and more at his age.  To suddenly be playing a fraction of games he was playing a year ago is going to be difficult.
      Kop-Of-Malaya
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -4 
      • Kop The Best
      Reply #70: Dec 23, 2007 04:20:15 pm
      Momo doesnt deserve to be played in first XI.He so lucky when Rafa included him once in 5 games.If im were Rafa...i would sell Momo as soon as possible.Juventus wanted him right???sell tat c**p!!!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,125 posts | 453 
      Reply #71: Dec 26, 2007 03:17:36 pm
      I think the worst place on the pitch for someone that is struggling with his passing is CM.  The position requires a lot of qualities including tackling, technique, skill, vision and awareness.....etc. But if you're struggling with your passing you just can't continue, it is common knowledge that work-rate and tackling is very key, but Scholes has made a reputation without the ability to tackle.
      Garry1603
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #72: Dec 30, 2007 03:44:15 pm
      Momo hasn't progressed since his eye injury - in fact he seems to have gone backwards. With Masch and Lucas here he really will have a struggle to command a regular place.  It might be better for all concerned if he moved on in the January transfer window.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #73: Jan 01, 2008 12:45:45 pm
      This boy should be going in January, how much could he be worth in the transfer market? GBP 7M? (guessing here)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #74: Jan 01, 2008 03:29:53 pm
      I think Momo's problem stems from playing alongside the likes of Gerrard and Alonso. He see's what they do and tries to replicate it. Because he had one good season, he now thinks he can play football ! He can't ! His strength lies in stopping others playing. If he kept tackeling and breaking up the play and giving the ball early and simple he would still be worthy of a place. Now he tries to do too much and invariably loses possesion cheaply. Footballs cardinal sin. He's been given a good run earlier in the season and didn'ty show any signs of improvement, so no sentiment, he has to go while he still has a decent price on his head. We need cover for center back and another striker of Torres calibre. Then we can progress to the next level. Funds from Momo's sale can assist.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #75: Jan 01, 2008 04:27:09 pm
      I think Momo's problem stems from playing alongside the likes of Gerrard and Alonso. He see's what they do and tries to replicate it. Because he had one good season, he now thinks he can play football ! He can't ! His strength lies in stopping others playing. If he kept tackeling and breaking up the play and giving the ball early and simple he would still be worthy of a place. Now he tries to do too much and invariably loses possesion cheaply. Footballs cardinal sin. He's been given a good run earlier in the season and didn'ty show any signs of improvement, so no sentiment, he has to go while he still has a decent price on his head. We need cover for center back and another striker of Torres calibre. Then we can progress to the next level. Funds from Momo's sale can assist.

His biggest mental challenge isn't quite Alonso or Gerrard, it's more Masch who is quite brilliant in the holding role Momo once used to execute for us (farily well, but not in the class of Javier)... hence Rafa trying to convert him into an offensive midfielder - which he sadly is not and has been frustratingly found out in that dept.

Quick Reply