Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

GERRARD ENGLAND CAPTAIN?

Read 2789 times
      reu01
      • Forum Dean Saunders
      • Started Topic

• 70 posts |
      GERRARD ENGLAND CAPTAIN?
      Jul 27, 2006 02:26:59 pm
      e shows wat he dus 4 liverpool y not let him take it on to international level
      KingoftheKop
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts |
      GERRARD ENGLAND CAPTAIN?
      Reply #1: Jul 27, 2006 03:30:40 pm
      I think Stevie should be made captain of England and i'm a Scotland Fan.

Theres alot of talk about Terry being the next captain but i feel Gerrard is far superior in the role of a leader and turn a game in a moment

STEVIE TO BE CAPTAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. :P
      redlozells
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      GERRARD ENGLAND CAPTAIN?
      Reply #2: Jul 27, 2006 04:40:40 pm
      JT cannot inspire his colleagues like Super Stevie.

Evidence for the Prosecution
      CL 04/05 - Olympiakos
      CL 04/05 - AC Milan (final)
      FAC 05/06 - West Ham

+ load of other games

Nothing further to add, m'lord.
      L.F.C rule!
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      GERRARD ENGLAND CAPTAIN?
      Reply #3: Jul 27, 2006 04:59:15 pm
      i hope stevie is the new england captain but i have a funny feeling it will be terry
      Stevie G
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      GERRARD ENGLAND CAPTAIN?
      Reply #4: Jul 27, 2006 06:54:24 pm
      I would absolutely feckin love to see Gerrard named captain.  To me its pretty obvious he will be, its gonna be a tactiical move on mclarens behalf i reckon.  He knows Gerrards gonna play 3 times better wearing that armband.
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      GERRARD ENGLAND CAPTAIN?
      Reply #5: Jul 27, 2006 07:04:06 pm
      this may sound a bit mad. but i dont want him to become Englands captain. this is why.

Wen Beckham became captain it went to his head and got cocky with fergy. the media invaded his private  and social life. and his game was effected because of it.

Terry shud get the nod because of this. i dontlike the guy and if his game gets effected, chelea will get effected. and hopefully they will fall behind in the league.
      Steve g is the best captian around yes, but if his game gets effected because of the madia and the stress of losein a game for england, i would hate for liverpool to strugle aswell because of this.
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      GERRARD ENGLAND CAPTAIN?
      Reply #6: Jul 27, 2006 08:13:04 pm
      To be quite honest either stevie or terry both are fantastic players and captains for their clubs and both would do a good job for england, however i do think that stevie edges out terry based on the fact that when england are 2 - 0 down and are lookin for someone to inspire the team, someone to stand up and say this aint happening i aint gonna let it happen who would you turn to john terry no i dont think so stevie proved it in istanbul and again 12 months down the line in cardiff as well as other games but they are the main 2 so the armband should go to stevie g
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      GERRARD ENGLAND CAPTAIN?
      Reply #7: Jul 27, 2006 09:02:07 pm
      i agree with you. steve is the best captain around. and i wud love him to become england captain, but the media will invade his life. and i dont want that to happen. he is a quiet person who likes to keep out of the public eye.
      redlozells
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      GERRARD ENGLAND CAPTAIN?
      Reply #8: Jul 27, 2006 10:34:37 pm
      Anyone know when its Steve Mac is gonna make the decision?
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      GERRARD ENGLAND CAPTAIN?
      Reply #9: Jul 28, 2006 12:01:51 pm
      England v Greece is on the 16th august so should be before then.
      mikal.shaw
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      GERRARD ENGLAND CAPTAIN?
      Reply #10: Jul 28, 2006 07:53:35 pm
      hard to decide give him another year then defo
      foxy
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts | -11 
      GERRARD ENGLAND CAPTAIN?
      Reply #11: Jul 29, 2006 11:31:11 am
      What JT can't inpsire the team ? so how did he then manage to achieve 2 back to back titles? another thick scouser talking sh*te as usual!!

Ah well keep dreaming bout your stevie being the England Captain but inmo it any't going to happen!! as they need someone with leadership, and star qualities n Gerrard don't have either!!
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      GERRARD ENGLAND CAPTAIN?
      Reply #12: Jul 29, 2006 12:06:43 pm
      foxy are you mad!!!

if gerrard doesn't have leadership and star quality who has?????????

the mans an immense player with all the attributes ( and many many more ) to be england captain. just look at the job he does for us.

fantastic
      foxy
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts | -11 
      GERRARD ENGLAND CAPTAIN?
      Reply #13: Jul 29, 2006 12:19:18 pm
      AH well Boot boy, with a camp name like that suppose that's all your good for!!  ;D
      TIME WILL TELL!! BUT MY MONEY IS ON JT!! PRETTY EASY BET I THINK.
      reu01
      • Forum Dean Saunders
      • Started Topic

• 70 posts |
      GERRARD ENGLAND CAPTAIN?
      Reply #14: Jul 29, 2006 01:30:21 pm
      HOW ISN'T GERRARD CAPABLE OV BEIN CAPTAIN, HE'S PROBLY DA MOST INSPARATIONAL PLAYER IN DA PREMIERSHIP, HE HELPED US FIGHT OUR WAY BACK INTO THE F.A CUP FINAL ND CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL, TERRY MAY HAV CAPTAINED CHELSEA TO 2 TITLES BUT DEM  TITLES WHERE BOUGHT WIV ALL DA MONEY CHELSEA GOT,  JT IS A GUD PLAYER DNT GET ME RONG BUT I FINK GERRARD WUD GIV ENGLAND MORE INSPIRATION
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      GERRARD ENGLAND CAPTAIN?
      Reply #15: Jul 29, 2006 04:28:41 pm
      Quote from: "foxy"
      What JT can't inpsire the team ? so how did he then manage to achieve 2 back to back titles? another thick scouser talking sh*te as usual!!

Ah well keep dreaming bout your stevie being the England Captain but inmo it any't going to happen!! as they need someone with leadership, and star qualities n Gerrard don't have either!!

welcome back dick haed! nice to heare from you again. with you piontless views from the caves side. keep up the image cus i njoy a good laugh. hahahahahahahahaha

Quick Reply