Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Fergie: Torres snubbed us

Read 4191 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Fergie: Torres snubbed us
      Reply #23: Dec 15, 2007 07:07:49 am
       I look forward to Torres really showing Ferguson what he has missed out on this Sunday.Without a doubt Torres is the striker we have been wishing for ,for a few years now and he will only get better.
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #24: Dec 15, 2007 08:42:30 am
      I have to say that, Torres is only young and has had more pressure on him than this, but come Sunday since the Mancs staff are scared of him scoring he will be marked well, this will be a perfect time to play Babel, as he could pass the defenders without 2 or 3 players marking him. The major thing about Torres is he helps out the other players, if you put one man on him he will score, put two on him he is likely to score put three on him, he won't. Then its a game of 10 men to 8 men, making it easier for other LFC players. The players which it has helped the most if Gerrard, Torres is able to get onto the end of Gerrard's passes with his pace but also as shown on Saturday (last week), he can also set up Gerrard for a goal
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #25: Dec 15, 2007 08:59:08 am
      benforrest I dont agree with your assessment of Torres,you said put 3 men on him and he wont score.Well against Marseille I think he had 5 men on him and he scored. His ball control is out of this world,long may it continue.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #26: Dec 15, 2007 11:32:37 pm
      Still its great to know that one of your best (if not THE best) players in your team turned down a move to a so-called "bigger club" (they are bigger I mean look how fat Rooney is)

The thought of him playing for (i believe you mean the mancs when you say so called bigger club - who are these fools that think this?) the mancs is not a good one.

Couldn't care less what Fergie says when it's in relation to us.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #27: Dec 16, 2007 12:55:14 pm
      Anyway, I think this may be a case of Fergie's mind games, pile pressure on Torres in the hope he doesn't perform.....

That will be a bloody wase of his time. Let him play his mind-games, We will score the goals.

Quick Reply