Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Heinze: Hoping for Liverpool victory

Read 1616 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Heinze: Hoping for Liverpool victory
      Dec 15, 2007 06:24:01 pm
      The best player we never had?  ;)

Gabriel Heinze will watch his old Manchester United team-mates on TV tomorrow, still furious that his former club denied him a move to Liverpool.

Heinze is at Real Madrid now after United refused to let him go to Anfield in the summer.

Last night he told Sportsmail he is still bitter, saying: "I still do not understand the real motives of United and think the whole thing set a bad example for football.

"It is incredible that in the modern age — in the 21st century — there exists a situation where United will not sell to Liverpool.

"I only have good memories of the supporters and my team-mates but I would rather not give my opinion about the directors." Although there was nothing in Heinze's contract that prohibited him from moving to Liverpool, when he appealed to the Premier League in August they ruled that United did not have to sell him to the Anfield club.

The 29-year-old Argentina left back insists that he is happy at Madrid but admits that he would love to knock United out of the Champions League. He added: "I really wanted to play for Liverpool but it is forgotten.

"During the summer I dreamed of playing in Anfield but the reality was different.

"I don't think often about revenge but it is certain that I want to play against Manchester United in the Champions League.

"That would be a big match and one without a clear favourite. But I would fancy Real.

"Manchester United never believed a big-name club would ever want me but I have proved them wrong and now I can't ask for anything more.

"This has just begun and there's a lot more to lay on the line."
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Re: Heinze: Hoping for Liverpool victory
      Reply #1: Dec 15, 2007 06:46:16 pm
      I guess the handlers of Man U are so low.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2: Dec 15, 2007 07:39:36 pm
      I reckon Heinze would like to see us not just beat Manure but give them a good hiding. ;D
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #3: Dec 15, 2007 08:53:30 pm
      I feel sorry for him, because the scum see us as their biggest rivals, yet even after all their success they cant let a player decide where he wants to play, they have to belittle him in public. Trouble with them is they think they are all too powerful and that Ferguson is a bitter old bastad plain and simple.
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #4: Dec 15, 2007 08:54:40 pm
      The idea of not selling to another club because you do not like them is stupid, I don't think it was because they didn't want Heinze playing againest them, it was all only about hate. We are in competition againest other clubs in Europe but we still sell players to teams if they want our players, like Heinze said; "It's setting a bad example"
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #5: Dec 16, 2007 12:36:05 pm
      It's really amazing that such a big club like the scums was in fear of a pint size player joining the opponents, that goes to show how insecure and small the scums are. Besides that, the law of equility will take its natural course, be a bit patient and we'll see Heinze gets his revenge, it's a matter of time and I'm just waiting for that moment.
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      • Spirit of Shankly/Liverpool Supporters Union
      Reply #6: Dec 17, 2007 07:07:39 pm
      because of his apparent desperation to play at anfield I still havent ruled out the possability of him joining us in the summer, even more so if we dont by a centre back in the january window.  ManUre have a MASSIVE inferiority complex when it comes to LFC, we've been in the wilderness league wise for 18 years but we've still won more than them, they suffered relegation in the seventies when we were going on the up at home and in europe. Fergie hates us even more now, because rafa managed to win the champions league in his first year with us and got us to another final a year later, something whiskeynose only managed once in twenty years so far.  ;)
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #7: Dec 17, 2007 11:59:21 pm
      does any one know if there is any way in his contract from preventing us buying him in the summer? i would love him to play here just for the fact he would LOVE to play for this club and we need some one like that in our defences.

but the coment about it being forgotten does make it seem like it will never happen.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #8: Dec 18, 2007 09:18:54 am
      This is what pisses me off about the mancs, players want to come to our club and the ones that are here wants to stay (with very few exeptions). When players do leave, they leave with their dignity and the respect of the fans (except for diouf). We dont have players moaning to leave, slating us in the press and leaving on a sour note like those disrespectful manc tw*ts.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #9: Dec 18, 2007 02:05:53 pm
      This is what pisses me off about the mancs, players want to come to our club and the ones that are here wants to stay (with very few exeptions). When players do leave, they leave with their dignity and the respect of the fans (except for diouf). We dont have players moaning to leave, slating us in the press and leaving on a sour note like those disrespectful manc tw*ts.

Only Momo if you belive the press,but hes cack anyways so we will let him off.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #10: Dec 18, 2007 03:32:26 pm
      does any one know if there is any way in his contract from preventing us buying him in the summer? I would love him to play here just for the fact he would LOVE to play for this club and we need some one like that in our defences.

but the coment about it being forgotten does make it seem like it will never happen.

Real Madrid already did the deal of the century with the Owen sale... as much as I would like it... I don't want to help Real Madrid Incorporated any more than we really have to.

Quick Reply