Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Champ League Draw - Maccabi Haifa

Read 3177 times
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 146 posts |
      Jul 28, 2006 12:11:52 pm
      just been drawn with these  for europe.  

good side. won last 10 league titles. better oppositon rthan previous yrs. wil they have minds on other things as they fight with hezbollah or will thhey be geared up to take their mind of things?
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 146 posts |
      Reply #1: Jul 28, 2006 12:23:59 pm
      2nd leg in israel or Cyprus. i'll see u in cyprus we hope. i think its too dodge for our boys to fly to the area in israel at present.

thanks ronny rosenthal, but no thanks.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #2: Jul 28, 2006 03:29:03 pm
      From what i've seen it might not even be in Cyprus as apparantly that where loads of lebonnese people are heading.......

Pretty much the worst draw we could have had with everything whats going on at the moment

Not sure i would go even if i could get a ticket..........
      pajs64
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #3: Jul 28, 2006 04:13:43 pm
      How about coming to Malta it`s much safer than Cyprus
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #4: Jul 28, 2006 05:42:00 pm
      Quote from: "pajs64"
      How about coming to Malta it`s much safer than Cyprus

Totally agree.  Makes complete sense.

Cyprus is going to be too hot as well at the moment.  Absolutely ludicrous.

I don't mean to stir things up - but Israel isn't even in Europe anyway.
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 146 posts |
      Reply #5: Jul 28, 2006 06:17:57 pm
      jabba..dodgy ground la', dodgy ground!
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #6: Jul 28, 2006 06:31:04 pm

Can I get this in red and white please?
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Re: Champ League Draw - Maccabi Haifa
      Reply #7: Jul 28, 2006 06:34:26 pm
      Quote from: "rickywawa"
      Will they have minds on other things as they fight with hezbollah or will they be geared up to take their mind of things?

Are you talking about their players?

Let's hope they've been involved in some heavy hand to hand fighting before the game.

They will be fu**ed by kick off.
      BugSniper
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Do not be afraid!
      Reply #8: Jul 28, 2006 08:30:15 pm
      I can tell you that it's totally safe to come to Israel, Liverpool will certainly not be a target, and there are no reasons for the terror orgnization that attacks us to do it.

Israel is fightning a terror orgnization in Lebanon called HIZBALLA, that strikes soldiers and citizians. Imagine HIZBALLA like the terrorist orgnizations in Ireland. HIZBALLA stocked a large amount of rockets and sent them to hurt Israel's moral and kill it's citizians. However, it's totally not horrible as it sounds- Let's be realistic..

So far there were not ANY missiles that fell even close to where you are going to play. All the missiles fell in the north far from these football stadiums. In these areas, life continue totally as general and no one is afraid. It's not any risk of your team and fans to travel to Israel, and the Israelien security system is very proffesional, there is absoultly no chance that anything will happen to the team and players.

I truely think that a proffesional team as Liverpool FC will arrive to Israel, because UEFA has authroized it.

Liverpool is a big team that has big influence on UEFA. Most of the teams would come and play in Israel, but the big and fantastic team, Liverpool, have the strength to resist UEFA. Let's just be sportive and play these matches. One of the Israeli players, named YANIV KATAN, has stated that Maccabi Haifa will get to play Liverpool before it was drawn, and said he has a dream to play agienst it, and I read him saying that on the internet before it was drawn. Don't let only his dream come true. Come to Israel, there are more fans for Liverpool in Israel than for Maccabi Haifa! We like your team. I dream to drive to Tel-Aviv and see my team plays agienst Liverpool(My parents said a flight to Liverpool is too expensive and don't allow me to go there. I understand them, I don't hate them for that).

Your couch Rafa Benitez resists to come, but not coming will be sort of very unfair from Liverpool. Liverpool will get to play in front of it's own fans, while Maccabi Haifa will get to play somewhere in Bulgaria I suppose. Not very fair, and for these games that will be recorded in Maccabi Haifa's history for ever we want to do our best. Even if we lose to Liverpool 6-0 at Anfield, but win them 1-0 at home, we will be very happy with it. Please don't take it away from us..

There are many nice girls in Israel, and some different and tasty foods, it will be very nice to see other cultures and visit in holy sites in Israel and I invite you all to come and see the game! Hopefully in Israel! The exprience for each one of the sides will be great!

Last addition:
      **DID YOU KNOW?**

1. A megastar in the Israeli team, named Yossi Benayoun, has played many years in Maccabi Haifa, and showed a great game in the cup finals agienst Liverpool. It ended 2-2 and you all remember how it did end.

2. An israeli player named RONI ROZANTAL has also played many years in Maccabi Haifa. He was a striker in your team once, incase you don't know..

3. In the season of 2001-2002 Maccabi Haifa was supposed to play agienst Liverpool. We have beaten 1:0 and 5:0 a team named Haka from Finland. Unfourtunately, in the game we won 5:0 we let "an illigal player" to play, by mistake. We read wrong faxes from UEFA and we missed a match agienst Liverpool.

Now the history fixes itself! We beat Maiorca from first league in Spain 2-1, and Maccabi Haifa is ready to give Liverpool a challenge. We will surely not successed, but I hope we will give you a fair match.

I LOVE YOU LIVERPOOL!
      I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MATCH!
      [[I hope I expliened to you the situation better]]
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Maccabi Haifa
      Reply #9: Jul 28, 2006 08:54:56 pm
      Sorry Bugsniper but you're country ain't that innocent in this whole problem, what about all those big planes and tanks you have bought of us and the USA, that are killing poor innocent Lebanese, obviously not all Hezbollah are they?

Obviously your country wants the two kidnapped soldiers back, but destroying a whole f***in city in the process!!!

I read a thread before on another red forum suggesting that israeli's were replying to all negative stuff about their country in a propaganda kinda of way and this is just too coincidental.

Sorry if i sound a bit cynical, especially other reds who might think I'm taking the p*ss, but UEFA are the biggest idiots this side of FIFA and i heard earlier that they were waiting to see how the situation goes before they decide where we play (no plan A or B, this thing has been going on for two weeks now and has happened before)
      BugSniper
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      For HUYTON RED
      Reply #10: Jul 28, 2006 10:44:25 pm
      Why involving politics with sports?? godamn it.. I never cared about politics.. I just want to see Liverpool! To answer your question: We fight a terror orgnization that threatened to kill citizians they kidnapped from us, we sent forces to rescue them, and then they began launching missiles on us. Something sparked the fight and here it goes. Most countries support Israel's act in general, even Toni Bleir. No more politics please, you don't need to convince anyone about why we deserve missiles and why we deserves not to play at home.

MACCABI HAIFA HAS NO CONNECTION WITH POLITICS. Not like in greece (If they would be punished for involving politics with sports Maccabi Haifa would be seeded and would NOT meet Liverpool)

Let's just have a sportive match, dude, I love Liverpool, I love Maccabi Haifa (I live in Haifa), I will be happy anyhow doesn't matter which team will win. Just don't be afraid. Everything will be just fine. Just make the dream of some Israeliens come true. Don't break my heart;(

Saying that because of politics we don't need to play in Israel;([/quote]
      fanatic dee
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #11: Jul 28, 2006 11:22:30 pm
      The guy from Israel who thinks it's perfectly safe to play there obviously has a 'people who don't live here think it's worse than it is' mindset.
      The fact is their country is f***in' bombin' another country and they're not going to retaliate, get real.
      UEFA need to act swiftly and clarify the situation and break the habit of a lifetime. :x  :evil:  :evil:
      foxy
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts | -11 
      Reply #12: Jul 29, 2006 11:24:53 am
      I feel sorry for the israeli's haveing to go to Liverpool!! are well either way the chances of you lot winning the CL this season are about as high as Wigan winning the PL!!  ;D
      Hoplite
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #13: Jul 30, 2006 12:17:04 pm
      Apparently they're suggesting the second leg be played either in Holland or Slovenia! I personally don't want the squad or supporters anywhere near Israel, for security purposes (Khaiber 1 Missle launched yesterday can reach outskirts of Tel Aviv) and for the simple fact that I dont want the team I love to be in a country whos army killed 27 kids in Qana- Lebanon today.
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #14: Jul 30, 2006 12:39:15 pm
      even if liverpool were orderd to play there it would not be possible for them to charter a flight into the region making it virtually impossible to get into the country.
      redlozells
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #15: Jul 30, 2006 04:10:47 pm
      come on guys,lets put things in perspective. im sure uefa will cum up with a compromise which is more than the innocent lebanese people, currently being pounded by the idf are gonna get.

sometimes life is more important than football.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,183 posts | 1634 
      Reply #16: Jul 30, 2006 10:18:39 pm
      Quote from: "redlozells"
      come on guys,lets put things in perspective. im sure uefa will cum up with a compromise which is more than the innocent lebanese people, currently being pounded by the idf are gonna get.

sometimes life is more important than football.
      "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that. na seriously i agree with you, other than UEFA coming up with a comprimise....

Quick Reply