Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Man flu

Read 98880 times
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Re: Man flu
      Reply #598: Sep 26, 2013 10:20:49 pm
      Strong dose around at the moment! :(
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #599: Sep 26, 2013 11:03:15 pm
      Strong dose around at the moment! :(

Yeah, I've had this sh*t for 2 weeks now.
      No sign of it shifting.
      No training.
      Pissed off.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #600: Nov 24, 2014 07:14:48 pm
      Bumpity bump....

It's back!

Man flu: Fact VS Fiction

Man Flu is simply a cold, the symptoms of which are greatly exaggerated by men.

FALSE - Man Flu is a serious and potentially life threatening illness, and will no doubt soon be on the Health and Safety Executive's list of Reportable Diseases. Man Flu is a distinct disease in its own right, and should not be misdiagnosed as a mere common cold.

Women can catch Man Flu

FALSE - Man Flu does not attack humans with the XX chromosome, only those with the XY chromosome. This genetic mutation effectively immunises females against Man Flu. This may account for the reason that women widely believe that Man Flu is actually just the common cold, but with a bit of extra drama thrown in for good measure.

The best way to deal with Man Flu is to just 'get on with it'

FALSE - Extensive research has proven that the only way to combat the crippling effects of Man Flu is complete withdrawal to the sofa and uninterrupted mollycoddling by the girlfriend / wife.

Men have a slower recovery rate from Man Flu than women do from the common cold

TRUE - The effects of Man Flu can linger for days and days, compared with just a few hours for the common cold. If the man is not permitted the correct period of convalescence following an attack of Man Flu he can be plunged back into a critical condition (see The Woman's Role as Carer).

Man Flu is just a way for men to get sympathy / time off work / time in front of the telly

FALSE - Man Flu is a bona-fide and debilitating illness, would men make a meal of that sort of thing?

The pain and suffering of Man Flu is similar to that of child birth

TRUE - Though at least with child birth it's all done and dusted in a few hours, but Man Flu can last for weeks...

The best cure for Man Flu is a cocktail of Night Nurse, Day Nurse, chicken noodle soup and whiskey.

FALSE - There is no cure for Man Flu. Once infected the afflicted can only hope that the gods roll the dice in favour of life rather than slow, lingering death.

While suffering from Man Flu, men would like nothing more than to go to work and try to forget about their affliction.

TRUE - However, men recognise the huge risk of spreading Man Flu to other men. Indeed, a single cough in the wrong direction could hold enough Man Flu germs to wipe out a small rainforest tribe.

frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #601: Feb 19, 2015 11:31:12 am
      I was going to say I'd got 'manflu' but according to the female race we have to be hospitalised until full recovery, however, I feeling like sh*t have just take my wifes 7seater to the car wash and then cleaned/hoovered the inside in minus temperatures so I can only have the less serious female version known as the common cold :f_tongueincheek:
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #602: Sep 12, 2015 08:24:09 am
      Coughed up something yesterday that wouldn't look out of place in the new Ghostbusters film, playing Slimer. In work right now, powered by caffiene, honey, tea and mini muffins.  Four and a half hours to go, not doing anything strenuous if I can help it.  Standing up too quickly is such nauseating fun, as the room spins around me.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #603: Sep 12, 2015 08:49:06 am
      Coughed up something yesterday that wouldn't look out of place in the new Ghostbusters film, playing Slimer. In work right now, powered by caffiene, honey, tea and mini muffins.  Four and a half hours to go, not doing anything strenuous if I can help it.  Standing up too quickly is such nauseating fun, as the room spins around me.

hope you are feeling better soon rodders, as someone who works mainly with women i know how little sympathy we get so good luck mate.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #604: Jan 25, 2017 11:54:49 am
      It's back with a vengeance. Been layed up since Sunday , usually I can make it back after a day or two, but t the moment I'm on a job about fifty feet up  benn as I've been a bit dizzy on the pins I've had to give it a swerve for a few days , couldn't get in the docs to see him but I've had antibiotics delivered from Spain sister in law lives there and you can buy them over the counter out there .
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #605: Jan 25, 2017 12:12:04 pm

Best wishes.  Women just don't understand our suffering.  Hoping you pull through and earn your badge!

;)
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #606: Jan 25, 2017 02:45:53 pm
      Best wishes.  Women just don't understand our suffering.  Hoping you pull through and earn your badge!

;)

Cheers JD think I've broken it now will have to watch the game on my own tonight though can't risk going to dads and passing it on to him , at least the headaches have gone .
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #607: Jan 21, 2018 12:07:30 am
      I know it was naive but I hoped that getting the Aussie flu meant I'd have a g'day.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #608: Jan 15, 2019 08:26:35 pm
      I think I’ve got it.. 🤧
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #609: Dec 12, 2021 03:27:42 pm
      Looks like it's back off its holidays. Also it doesn't go well with 3 kids. 😒🤢
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #610: Dec 14, 2021 08:37:39 pm
      Looks like it's back off its holidays. Also it doesn't go well with 3 kids. 😒🤢

Was quite a nasty one this year after being somewhat under the radar last year due to face masks and lockdowns/restrictions.

Wiped me out proper.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #611: Nov 27, 2022 04:28:26 pm
      Currently sat shivering on the couch feeling like sh*te.

Literally head down the toilet at half 6 this morning throwing up and not even ale induced!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #612: Nov 27, 2022 04:48:54 pm

Literally head down the toilet at half 6 this morning throwing up and not even ale induced!!

Sounds more than man flu when being sick mate. Hope you improve soon laa  :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #613: Nov 27, 2022 07:42:53 pm
      Sounds more than man flu when being sick mate. Hope you improve soon laa  :)

Only place I could find to put it :laugh:
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #614: Nov 29, 2022 01:07:45 pm

Some funny stuff about mate. Ive had tonsilitis with a bit of gut-rot for about 5 weeks on and off.

Finally broke it with an antibiotic
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #615: Nov 30, 2022 02:51:44 pm
      Post COVID the usual bugs are back with a vengeance because we have had no immunity to them for at least 2 years.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #616: Nov 30, 2022 03:53:19 pm
      Post COVID the usual bugs are back with a vengeance because we have had no immunity to them for at least 2 years.

Just picked up my first Covid infection over weekend, also first time I've had any illness since before the pandemic and its absolutely floored me. 

Expect it to be rampant over the next few weeks, although now most have had the virus further infections are not near as bad as the first from what I gather.

Quick Reply