Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Who has the hardest shot?

Read 5696 times
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Who has the hardest shot?
      Dec 20, 2007 11:48:13 pm
      So who do you guys (and girls, because we all respect their opinions  :angel:) think has the hardest shot in the squad? Not necessarily the best, most accurate, or the one which scores the most, but the one most likely to cause serious injury should anyone get in the way.  ;D

Obvious choice would be Captain Gerrard with his monster right boot. Anyone remember vs West Ham from the knock down on the half volley? I was surprised the net didn't rip.

Or how about the mighty Riise? After all, he is the only player around to actually break someon's leg from a free kick :D. He can undoubtedly hit them as well.

Newcomber Ryan Babel is another option. He's already demonstrated he has a cracker of a right peg, and can strike them from any angle and any distance.

Those are my three main choices, but I would say Gerrard has my final vote. When he catches it right, it's like a rocket.

Your opinions and choices?
      MsGerrard
      Re: Who has the hardest shot?
      Reply #1: Dec 20, 2007 11:58:06 pm
      When i first saw this.....one name sprung to mind and that was Riise, for exactly the reason you stated, but these days he doesn't quite have it anymore (shame) so it's got to be Captain Fantastic...... Stevie G, for me too, wouldn't like to get in the way of one of his rip - roaring free kicks.

Mind you Jimmy Case couldn't half hit the ball hard :o
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Dec 20, 2007 11:58:12 pm
      Hmm.  Toughie this.

I reckon Riise has got one hell of a powerful shot, I also think Stevie's got the most accurate but just as powerful as John.

Got to be Stevie for me.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3: Dec 20, 2007 11:58:52 pm
      Stevie G, for me too, wouldn't like to get in the way of one of his rip - roaring free kicks.

You don't have to vote your Husband you know ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #4: Dec 20, 2007 11:59:58 pm
      You don't have to vote your Husband you know ;)

I wish Court  ;) :lmao:
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #5: Dec 21, 2007 01:39:05 am
      Kewell deserves a mention in this topic! His shot broke Chris Kirkland's wrist in training, so I'm sure that would have been pretty hard! ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: Dec 21, 2007 01:54:20 am
      From hitting the dead ball it's got to be Reina...  ;D
      Hitting the running ball (which is always the best) I'd go for Babel. Some of the shots I've seen him have are so powerful. But Gerrard is up there for hitting the running ball too. As with the dead ball.
      Reckon Aurelio is one of the best from the dead ball. Would love to see him get them on target!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #7: Dec 21, 2007 02:01:15 am
      gerrard. close but stevie has shown his shooting power time and time again. babels side footed shot is amazing cant wait to see one of them hit the back of the net he can side foot the ball harder than most can lace it. and riise shot didnt break smiths leg smiths landing broke his leg, saying riise shot broke his leg gives the impression he hit the ball and the ball struck smiths leg causing it to break, it was a result of riises shot hitting him but his landing on the floor from that was what actually broke it
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #8: Dec 21, 2007 03:11:46 am
      Kewell deserves a mention in this topic! His shot broke Chris Kirkland's wrist in training, so I'm sure that would have been pretty hard! ;)
      Nah, a shot doesn't have to be hard to break a wrist, mine broke when my friend shot one low into a corner, it was a fine save around the post but it pushed my fingers hard enough to snap my wrist (Reina would have been proud of the save, while Ronaldo would have been proud of my dive) :), it's more where the shot hits you, it might have been the fall of my dive which broke it aswell. But the topic, Riise if the goals were higher he would have a bag of goals, most of the time the goalkeeper can't see his shots.
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2007 03:17:04 am by benforrest »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9: Dec 21, 2007 07:28:53 am
      Always thought Riise had the hardest shot from a dead ball situation,but Reina can certainly kick the ball a fair distance but I dont know if there is any power in it,Albert Stubbins,Billy Liddell Kevin Lewis were all hard hitters from a by/gone era.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #10: Dec 21, 2007 07:36:46 am
      I would have to say Jimmy Case as for me he was one of the heroes from 77-78 year and I wont ever forget that equalizer against the scum in the 77 cup final, the shot nearly broke the back of the net.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #11: Dec 21, 2007 07:49:25 am
      I would have to say Jimmy Case as for me he was one of the heroes from 77-78 year and I wont ever forget that equalizer against the scum in the 77 cup final, the shot nearly broke the back of the net.
      You are spot on with Jimmy Case he sure did have a hard shot,no doubt other posters will jog our memories with other hard shots who wore the RED of our club.We have been blessed with some fantastic players over the years.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #12: Dec 21, 2007 07:55:53 am
      Nah, a shot doesn't have to be hard to break a wrist, mine broke when my friend shot one low into a corner, it was a fine save around the post but it pushed my fingers hard enough to snap my wrist (Reina would have been proud of the save, while Ronaldo would have been proud of my dive) :), it's more where the shot hits you, it might have been the fall of my dive which broke it aswell. But the topic, Riise if the goals were higher he would have a bag of goals, most of the time the goalkeeper can't see his shots.
      I have always said Ronaldo should have been a goalkeeper. Either that or he is participating in the 2008 Olympics. Anyway I'm going for Gerrard, especially when we need it.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #13: Dec 21, 2007 08:35:53 am
      I think Alan Smith could tell you. >:D
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #14: Dec 21, 2007 09:03:47 am
      I'd still say Riise has the hardest shot, just nowhere near the most accurate anymore.
      xen105
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 78 posts | -4 
      Reply #15: Dec 21, 2007 09:37:32 am
      gerrard, his goal agianst arsenal this year from the free kick, that was iun the back of the net before almunia even dived for it! ;D
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #16: Dec 21, 2007 11:48:37 am
      I would go with JAR, after all he did break Alan Smith's leg! Haha
      MsGerrard
      Reply #17: Dec 21, 2007 11:54:27 am
      I would go with JAR, after all he did break Alan Smith's leg! Haha

Well I don't think that's very funny at all, >:( and I certainly don't think  Alan Smith was laughing when it happened, and Riise was extremely upset at the time.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #18: Dec 21, 2007 11:57:15 am
      Well I don't think that's very funny at all, >:( and I certainly don't think  Alan Smith was laughing when it happened, and Riise was extremely upset at the time.

;D ye your'e right i suppose, but after all he was a Manc player, and they all deserve harsh treatment! Muhahahaha
      shikhark
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts |
      Reply #19: Dec 21, 2007 12:04:03 pm
      JAR for me, if shot power is the only criteria.
      The_Kop_4_Life2005
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts | -1 
      Reply #20: Dec 21, 2007 12:26:55 pm
      gerrard gets my vote but it is close between him and riise. however kuyt has a powerful shot, remeber the one against west ham last season?
      Tayls
      • Started Topic

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #21: Dec 21, 2007 12:33:12 pm

Com'on MsG, Smith is such a blockhead tit (note the use of tit JD :D) he probably didn't notice...
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #22: Dec 21, 2007 01:16:22 pm
      Stevie packs quite a wallop and how can we forget the screamers JAR has served up over the last few years... but the last few Babel connected have been scarey! That kid has one hell of a punch...

Quick Reply