Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

WTF? Klinsmann?

Read 7496 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      WTF? Klinsmann?
      Dec 22, 2007 11:45:42 pm
      Won another match have we? Here comes the Sunday papers....

Liverpool facing money crisis over American owners' £220m debt
      By BOB CASS and DANIEL KING  (One to read - the other to type?)

Fernando Torres, starting to pay back his £21million transfer fee, scored twice yesterday as Rafa Benitez's Liverpool trounced Portsmouth 4-1 at Anfield to stay in touch with the Premier League pacesetters.

But off the field, the failure so far of efforts by American owners George Gillett jnr and Tom Hicks to refinance the £220million they borrowed from the Royal Bank of Scotland to fund their takeover of the club 10 months ago is pushing Liverpool towards an unprecedented period of uncertainty.

The American owners have missed a selfimposed deadline to strike a deal with RBS before Christmas.

The bank will not allow the club to go under but the problems facing Gillett and Hicks could hasten their departure — and see Dubai International Capital, the state-backed investment firm who were in pole position to buy Liverpool before the arrival of the Americans, back in the market as potential new owners.

Adding to the intrigue over the club's future, it is understood that former Germany World Cup coach Jürgen Klinsmann has been sounded out as a replacement for Benitez.

It is believed that contact between Klinsmann and the club has taken place at a high level and the German is thought to be interested in taking over at Anfield.

Despite assurances that there is money to spend in the January window, Benitez's public rift with Hicks and Gillett over the club's transfer policy may be beyond repair.

Boardroom backing for Benitez has been lukewarm in the wake of reports linking Klinsmann with the job.

Sources close to the ex- Tottenham striker and former Footballer of the Year believe he is eager to end his self-imposed exile from football and take a top manager's job.

A move for Klinsmann could proceed regardless of whether Hicks and Gillett remain the owners of Liverpool, but the crisis in their refinancing plans threatens to undermine the club both on and off the pitch.

Despite revelations last week that talks with RBS and American bank Wachovia over a new £350m loan had stalled, Kekst, the American owners' New York-based PR firm, continued to brief that a deal would be done before Christmas.

But Friday, the last day for business before the festive break, passed without announcement and although it is understood that negotiations will continue, banking sources on this side of Atlantic believe an impasse has been reached.

Hicks and Gillett have until February to refinance the £220m they borrowed from RBS to fund their takeover, plus the interest which has accrued in the past year, the credit notes used to buy Torres and Ryan Babel, and £60m to cover initial work on a new stadium.

If they are unable to strike a deal before the deadline and unable to persuade RBS to take up the option of extending the existing loan for another year, the bank stand to become the de facto owners of the club.

The fact that Liverpool are in the papers with these kind of stories is 100% down to the completely ineffective communication coming out from the club.  WHO is actually in charge at Anfield, and should be coming out and telling EVERYONE what is really going on.  I'm getting tired and bored of every Sunday having a new bunch of speculation heading our way.

It really stopped being funny about 3 months ago.  >:(
      curse
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts | -1 
      • Torres = GOALS!!
      Re: WTF? Klinsmann?
      Reply #1: Dec 23, 2007 12:31:22 am
      Well said JD
      In Rafa we trust and the club needs to sort its public communication out
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #2: Dec 23, 2007 01:06:42 am
      RAFA FOR EVER!!!
      The_Kop_4_Life2005
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts | -1 
      Reply #3: Dec 23, 2007 01:37:48 am
      if klinsmann was to ever get te job then there would be no-one chanting his name round afield other than 'klinsmann out ;D'
      RAFA FOREVER
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #4: Dec 23, 2007 02:51:09 am
      Klinsman has the knack of finishing half the job and dissapeared elsewhere. We don't need him to spend 2 seasons and win us the league cup and dissapears next which will cause us to drft further apart from the arse, scums and chel#ki.
      LFC LEGENDS
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | -1 
      • Ynwa
      Reply #5: Dec 23, 2007 03:41:07 am
      We don't want him or anyone else full stop,we have Rafa and we should be standing by him.

All of this is starting to make us a laughing stock and I'm sick of it it all needs to be cleared up and the truth needs to be out,if there hiding something it will come out and when it does its going to be 10 times worse then if it happens now.

IN RAFA WE TRUST

YNWA
      Kop-Of-Malaya
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -4 
      • Kop The Best
      Reply #6: Dec 23, 2007 03:47:56 am
      Rafa need to so something now.Juz stop rotating players and improve the squad as he did.
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #7: Dec 23, 2007 03:57:15 am
      It all seems very vague. There were not definite contacts with anybody, and I'm sure there are many coaches that would like Benitez's job. Now that the press have found one, they're gonna throw him all over the news. It's all rubbish.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #8: Dec 23, 2007 03:59:57 am
      Sounds to me like all the piss takers in the world have suddenly turned into journalists, got together and decided to bring the best English football club in history down. Klinsmann me arse!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9: Dec 23, 2007 08:04:27 am
       My thoughts on the situation are we do need RAFA but we dont need Hicks and Gillett.The quicker someone buys them out the better.This club has always given their managers a good run befor replacing them and RAFA deserves the same treatment,after all he can not be considered a failure with his success rate at Anfield.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #10: Dec 23, 2007 09:43:06 am
      Why doesn't Parry come out and say these stories are "absolute rubbish" like he does about anything that mentions the Yanks or the stadium. The c**t.
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #11: Dec 23, 2007 01:37:33 pm
      Why doesn't Parry come out and say these stories are "absolute rubbish" like he does about anything that mentions the Yanks or the stadium. The c**t.

Exactly my thoughts. I guess he's told to when it involves the owners. It's an absolute disgrace to leave the fans waiting on scraps of gossip and lies with no real clear statement as to what's going on. At least a statement saying that the recent rumours are just rumours, but no, nothing....which leads me to believe there is something clearly wrong.

« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2007 01:40:02 pm by LondonRed »
      Chitose
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts | -18 
      Reply #12: Dec 23, 2007 04:03:33 pm
      It really shocked me, that story, I read Liverpoolfc.tv and soccernet.espn.go com everyday but I never read some posts that mention It! I hope It's all rubish, really!
      Even thought we think that we need Rafa Benitez and we don't need Gillett or Hick, money is really something important now in football. If this story is true (I said 'if'!) may be we have to accept the fact that Klishman will replace boss Rafa Benitez, we don't want to, but we have to accept. But if there's nothing wrong, but those owners want to fire boss Rafa Benitez, they will see (like they have saw in the match against Porto) how is football in England, and how is football's fans in England! In Rafa we trust! You'll never walk alone!   
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #13: Dec 23, 2007 04:44:00 pm
      Usually when the press get hold of something like this it happens eventually,Rafa is facing the same situation as Jol did at Spurs only a matter of time before hes gone and Klinnsmann is in i think,hope im wrong but theres no smoke without fire.
      Chitose
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts | -18 
      Reply #14: Dec 23, 2007 05:05:40 pm
      Man! YOu made me feel more and more worried! (There's smoke when You put acide in NH3 thought!)
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #15: Dec 23, 2007 05:34:02 pm
      You have summed up my thoughts precisely!!  I don't even want to start thinking about this one cause it'll ruin my Christmas!!     A Merry Christmas to Klinsmen, Parry and our two American jokes (cu*ts)
      Merry Christmas everybody
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #16: Dec 23, 2007 05:34:47 pm
      Could I possibly ask why the F**k every single one of you who has posted in this topic are so irrate over an article that if you read between the lines is obvious crap. So many of you seem so preoccupied with this utter bullshit, Just take a minute to think about some of your statements and take a minute to think and read what is being said.

Sorry guys but I think you are overreacting on this one, in the article where do they give any evidence for their so called truth?
      For example

"It is believed that contact between Klinsmann and the club has taken place at a high level and the German is thought to be interested in taking over at Anfield."

Believed by who a source at the club a source in the FA or some tramp found pissed up in the Fulham Road and given a tenner by the reporters to be their so called source...pmufff

I would agree with JD in some respects regarding the communication and I would put forward an idea that someone needs to be given the job of communications and media officer at the club. Because Rick Parry lacks charisma is a very bad communicator with people and has all the personallity of wet flannel. However I would possibly argue that in some respects you have to give the club credit for not being drawn into open comments or quotes that could be misconstrude and get used out of context. In this instance I would catagorically state that this article has been written with the hope of getting some sort of sound bite or reaction from LFC. Another thing to note people is the following thing OH AND THIS REALLY IS THE IMPORTANT BIT

The Daily Mail is owned by GUESS WHO Associated Newspapers!! Who the F**k are they I hear you ask??

Rupert Murdoch owns  the S*n & Times via News International Mail which is part of Associated Newspapers!!! Im sorry to be a big headed tosser here but please correct me if Im wrong dont we have a history of trouble making statements from any news sources owned by Murdoch. Until there is a press conference or official statement from the club I wouldnt even bother reading this garbage. And to start worrying about it just adds fuel to their little fire, SSPR. sh*t STIRRING PRESS REPORTS, they are everywhere. But I suppose it does give us something to talk about and really laugh about because its that pathetic.

EDIT
      oh I forgot to mention wasnt there something written a while back about Cappello becoming the new Liverpool manager?? Could someone remind me how that turned out!!!! :f_tongueincheek:
      « Last Edit: Dec 23, 2007 05:38:44 pm by pragmatic »
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #17: Dec 23, 2007 05:43:34 pm
       :) :) :) :) :)Parry could steps aside from all media communications and concentrate on his principal function of testiculating and blowing sunshine up the Americans arse's!! :) :) :) :) :)
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1630 
      Reply #18: Dec 23, 2007 05:51:46 pm
      pragmatic a gem couldnt have been put any better why give the fckers airspace
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #19: Dec 23, 2007 06:25:29 pm
      We do have a press officer. Ian Cotton.

Seems like he gets November and December off though. 
      Chitose
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts | -18 
      Reply #20: Dec 23, 2007 06:52:50 pm
      Could I possibly ask why the F**k every single one of you who has posted in this topic are so irrate over an article that if you read between the lines is obvious crap. So many of you seem so preoccupied with this utter bullshit, Just take a minute to think about some of your statements and take a minute to think and read what is being said.

Sorry guys but I think you are overreacting on this one, in the article where do they give any evidence for their so called truth?
      For example

"It is believed that contact between Klinsmann and the club has taken place at a high level and the German is thought to be interested in taking over at Anfield."

Believed by who a source at the club a source in the FA or some tramp found pissed up in the Fulham Road and given a tenner by the reporters to be their so called source...pmufff

I would agree with JD in some respects regarding the communication and I would put forward an idea that someone needs to be given the job of communications and media officer at the club. Because Rick Parry lacks charisma is a very bad communicator with people and has all the personallity of wet flannel. However I would possibly argue that in some respects you have to give the club credit for not being drawn into open comments or quotes that could be misconstrude and get used out of context. In this instance I would catagorically state that this article has been written with the hope of getting some sort of sound bite or reaction from LFC. Another thing to note people is the following thing OH AND THIS REALLY IS THE IMPORTANT BIT

The Daily Mail is owned by GUESS WHO Associated Newspapers!! Who the F**k are they I hear you ask??

Rupert Murdoch owns  the S*n & Times via News International Mail which is part of Associated Newspapers!!! Im sorry to be a big headed tosser here but please correct me if Im wrong dont we have a history of trouble making statements from any news sources owned by Murdoch. Until there is a press conference or official statement from the club I wouldnt even bother reading this garbage. And to start worrying about it just adds fuel to their little fire, SSPR. sh*t STIRRING PRESS REPORTS, they are everywhere. But I suppose it does give us something to talk about and really laugh about because its that pathetic.

Interessing analysis, You might be right!

EDIT
      oh I forgot to mention wasnt there something written a while back about Cappello becoming the new Liverpool manager?? Could someone remind me how that turned out!!!! :f_tongueincheek:

It turn out to be the best joke before chrismas
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #21: Dec 23, 2007 07:01:04 pm
      Could I possibly ask why the F**k every single one of you who has posted in this topic are so irrate over an article that if you read between the lines is obvious crap.

I said Klinsmann me arse.
      armchair archie
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts | -5 
      Reply #22: Dec 23, 2007 08:53:44 pm
      read bascombes peice in the NOTW? love CB or hate him? hes never often wrong..............hope too f##k these yankee emperors in false clothing get the F**k out of here! making lfc look like a bunch of f##king amatures!.........come too think of it????????????? actually mr parry is isnt he! HOW CAN SPURS GET A BETTER SHIRT SPONSORSHIP DEAL THAN FIVE TIMES CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #23: Dec 23, 2007 09:23:36 pm
      read bascombes peice in the NOTW? love CB or hate him? hes never often wrong..............hope too f##k these yankee emperors in false clothing get the F**k out of here! making lfc look like a bunch of f##king amatures!.........come too think of it????????????? actually mr parry is isnt he! HOW CAN SPURS GET A BETTER SHIRT SPONSORSHIP DEAL THAN FIVE TIMES CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bascomb never wrong LMAO ROTFL what a complete load of crap mate. Bascomb the biggest traitor there is never wrong ha ha ha ha ha. The man who accuses all OOTs to be glory hunting scum, the man who states he is LFC through and through, yet the hypocrit goes and joins the S*ns sister paper lmao rotfl oh my god mate youve just made my night thats the funniest complete load of bollox Ive heard this year, I shall be chuckling to that one for ages.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #24: Dec 23, 2007 10:24:14 pm

It's a load of my arse! And Bascombe isn't right as often as you imagine mate!

Recall the last few stories of Jose Mourinho coming in place of Rafa, etc.... ::)
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #25: Dec 24, 2007 02:33:23 pm
      S
      It really shocked me, that story, I read Liverpoolfc.tv and soccernet.espn.go com everyday but I never read some posts that mention It! I hope It's all rubish, really!
      Even thought we think that we need Rafa Benitez and we don't need Gillett or Hick, money is really something important now in football. If this story is true (I said 'if'!) may be we have to accept the fact that Klishman will replace boss Rafa Benitez, we don't want to, but we have to accept. But if there's nothing wrong, but those owners want to fire boss Rafa Benitez, they will see (like they have saw in the match against Porto) how is football in England, and how is football's fans in England! In Rafa we trust! You'll never walk alone!  

Sorry pal, I beg to differ, having Klinsman on the job is definitely not on for me, as he has no previous track record of managing a top European club and neither has he tasted success and failure in this role before. Too big a risk and he may turned out worst off than Souness while Rafa has all the credentials for the job. Look at Rafa's record for the last 3 years and he has achieved more than what others tried to do in their lifetime as a manager with some mediocre players left for him to manage. Yes, Rafa has got its wrongs but he has got more rights than wrongs. 

Pal, sorry  I beg to differ again, in reality G&H do not have the financial resources as what is perceived by you, read the many articles that have been flying around, believe only a portion of it and you may tend to agree. LFC was thought to be a money machine for G&H without really investing at all but through heavy borrowings but soon enough they found out how far wrong they were.  Yes, money means success in modern football and LFC definitely needs that. And this coming from G&H, quick unlikely so.  Listen to all the rumours going around and it appears that the Yanks have even got problems trying to service their loan interest and this speaks for itself on their financial standings. I don't mean to believe literally every word that comes out of the press. But if you were to work on some correlation between the issues, ie. Rafa fallout with the Yanks, only Mr. Parry can make financial decisions/decide on who to buy, scaling down the new stadium, it all fits in nicely. So the press cannot be too far wrong. In summary, G&H is not that wealthy after all and don't be deceived that they can bring us to another level of success, it's just wishful thinking. How can we assume that G&H is wealthy when they have to borrow heavily (230 million pounds) to buy the club in the first place.

Sorry pal, I may be from the old school of brotherhood clan, to betray Rafa for the American dollars (to start with they are not wealthy at all), no way, I prefer to stick by the manager whom has already shown us what he can and has already achieved withthe limited resources available then.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #26: Dec 24, 2007 05:41:01 pm
      Pal, sorry  I beg to differ again, in reality G&H do not have the financial resources as what is perceived by you, read the many articles that have been flying around, believe only a portion of it and you may tend to agree. LFC was thought to be a money machine for G&H without really investing at all but through heavy borrowings but soon enough they found out how far wrong they were.  Yes, money means success in modern football and LFC definitely needs that. And this coming from G&H, quick unlikely so.  Listen to all the rumours going around and it appears that the Yanks have even got problems trying to service their loan interest and this speaks for itself on their financial standings. I don't mean to believe literally every word that comes out of the press. But if you were to work on some correlation between the issues, ie. Rafa fallout with the Yanks, only Mr. Parry can make financial decisions/decide on who to buy, scaling down the new stadium, it all fits in nicely. So the press cannot be too far wrong. In summary, G&H is not that wealthy after all and don't be deceived that they can bring us to another level of success, it's just wishful thinking. How can we assume that G&H is wealthy when they have to borrow heavily (230 million pounds) to buy the club in the first place.

Sorry pal, I may be from the old school of brotherhood clan, to betray Rafa for the American dollars (to start with they are not wealthy at all), no way, I prefer to stick by the manager whom has already shown us what he can and has already achieved withthe limited resources available then.

Your non sequential ramblings offer no evidence. You state about rumours going around and the many artlicles that have been written and write in a way that in your mind that that is proof enough. Sorry mate but you just dont make any sense what so ever. And as for rumours these are often circulated via circumstantial conversations or people saying things that are out of context and are quoted so. I would possibly argue you write your posts like a Journalist, with very little thought for your statments. You state it all fits nicely and so the press cannot be far wrong, well Im sorry to burst your bubble but they can be, look at the reports about Cappelo, G&H sacking Rafa and replacing him, and all the other "SO CALLED TRUTH" out there. You sound to me like the many sheep that follow the media with open mouths ready to swallow all the bullshit as gospel yet you give no evidence for your assumptions, only repeat what has been said in the media and try to justify your arguments with circumstantial retoric.

I personnally take very little notice of anything that circulates in the media because 90% of it is crap, and I also take pride in the fact that I question everything and if someone makes a statement they should be able to prove it using properly obtained evidence. Well Im afraid that nothing you have said does this what so ever, and in no uncertain terms should anyone take anything like this as being truth or not far from the truth. Rafa being sacked was according to sky news sportsline coming any day now and that was 6 weeks ago, Bascombe reported Rafa was being sacked and Jose was coming in to replace him, Other media reported Cappelo had been approached by LFC and was being lined up to replace him, and so on and so forth thats three lists of crap right there yet you still hold the position that the press are not far from the truth!!! Sorry PAL but I know what I believe and until someone from the club actually comes out and says something Im not inclined to believe any of it, no matter what you may read.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #27: Dec 25, 2007 10:33:38 pm
      Prag - have a seat lad.

Whilst I certainly don't believe the vast majority of what is written in the red-tops unfortunately this does influence stupid football players, paranoid managers and dimwitted Chief Executives and Chairman.

The stories concerning Liverpool, whether true or not, are in the papers now on an almost daily basis.  They are damaging morale amongst the supporter and I am convinced they have an effect on the players too, and despite what the manager may or may not know it must have an impact on his mental state to some degree.

Liverpool could have quoshed these rumours very easily - even threatening legal action against the papers etc.  The fact they have not honestly come out and backed the boss and laughed off these stories proves that they truly are incompetent.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #28: Dec 25, 2007 11:32:05 pm
      Prag - have a seat lad.

Whilst I certainly don't believe the vast majority of what is written in the red-tops unfortunately this does influence stupid football players, paranoid managers and dimwitted Chief Executives and Chairman.

The stories concerning Liverpool, whether true or not, are in the papers now on an almost daily basis.  They are damaging morale amongst the supporter and I am convinced they have an effect on the players too, and despite what the manager may or may not know it must have an impact on his mental state to some degree.

Liverpool could have quoshed these rumours very easily - even threatening legal action against the papers etc.  The fact they have not honestly come out and backed the boss and laughed off these stories proves that they truly are incompetent.

kool mate I am seated and you may join me with a glass of the usual.
      If LFC came out and made a statement about every single story perpatrated by the press they would be on TV or in the press every 3 minutes or so. In my honest opion if that keeping quite and saying nothing is good enough for the Royal Family then its sure good enough for LFC, by saying nothing then nothing can not be misconstrude, quoted out of context or used to fuel anti Liverpool propaganda, and I reitterated what I stated unless the club actually come out with a solid FACTUAL statement, its bollox, as far as Im concerned it is all propaganda sold to unsettle the club the players and the fans and until such a statement is forthcoming should be seen as such. We as LFC supporters are held with the reputation by many for being the most intelligent and knowledgeable fans, all I am saying is we should use that intelligence instead of swallowing the bull that is printed or highlighted on TV.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #29: Dec 26, 2007 07:09:39 am
      These last few months have been ridiculous. Klinsmann? MY ARSE!

Like I've already said, it seems like the all the piss takers in the world have come out and want to write words to bring the best English club in history down.
      If you could imagine a documentary about surviving in the wild and the way Mr Attenborough has that pessimistic tone in his voice.....? That's what would happen if he's been studying the press' view of Liverpool FC lately.

But it wont bring us fans down. Well, the fans who know how to take a pinch of salt it wont.

What concerns me though is continuous piss taking with little or no statements from the club. True, I'd rather things be quiet and for us not to be reacting to everything that's thought up from disgraceful, glory hunting, pathetic, I wish I could have been good at footy at school, loser journalists. It's always best just to get on with all things Liverpool.
      But the notion of disconnection in the midst of all this really pisses me off when it comes to Liverpool. And it is true that we've been somewhat disconnected in the last few months when it's come down to any sort of statements. And when I say 'we've' I mean us, the players and the manager.

You have to have a plan to succeed. You need all parties to be involved to make this happen. This is only stonewall from the manager downwards so far. I for one, will be very angry if my support and love is taken advantage of, from lack of involvement at the top.

In other words. Klinsmann me arse. But get everything out in the open what's going on so we can progress.
      andyb
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #30: Dec 26, 2007 09:04:02 pm
      simple do not want him he is nowhere near as experienced and as good as rafa
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #31: Jan 08, 2008 12:57:54 pm
      This has surfaced again. Why? He managed his country in the world cup in 06. As hosts they didnt have to qualify. Ok they got to the semis but in 02 south Korea got to the semis as hosts in 98 France won it as hosts in 94 the usa had a decent tournament as hosts. What Im getting at is Klinsmann has done nothing exceptional in management so why is he being linked with Liverpool? Is he a mate of one of our owners?

Id be somewhat bitter if we sacked Rafa and replaced him with this fella   
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #32: Jan 08, 2008 01:00:11 pm
      He would be good at diving training...
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #33: Jan 08, 2008 02:35:26 pm
      This has surfaced again. Why? He managed his country in the world cup in 06. As hosts they didnt have to qualify. Ok they got to the semis but in 02 south Korea got to the semis as hosts in 98 France won it as hosts in 94 the usa had a decent tournament as hosts. What Im getting at is Klinsmann has done nothing exceptional in management so why is he being linked with Liverpool? Is he a mate of one of our owners?

Id be somewhat bitter if we sacked Rafa and replaced him with this fella  

This has surfaced again Bri because 'a source close to Klinsmann' has said Klinsmann would be interested in taking on a job with a top European Club. Amazing how things can be twisted isn't it mate.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #34: Jan 08, 2008 02:43:05 pm
      This has surfaced again Bri because 'a source close to Klinsmann' has said Klinsmann would be interested in taking on a job with a top European Club. Amazing how things can be twisted isn't it mate.

Was the sauce on the bottle... I mean was it HP or Heinz...?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #35: Jan 08, 2008 02:49:18 pm
      Was the sauce on the bottle... I mean was it HP or Heinz...?

It was in a sachet. And it was found in the gutter.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #36: Jan 08, 2008 02:58:27 pm
      It was in a sachet. And it was found in the gutter.

Brown sauce then... full of sh*t.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #37: Jan 08, 2008 05:58:20 pm
      I heard that Klinsmann lives in California and has become 'friends' of Gillett.

Jürgen Klinsmann can F**k right off.  I don't want him.  Especially after that goal celebration.

No way. NO WAY.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #38: Jan 09, 2008 01:21:47 am
      Klinsmann might be friends with Gillett. He's lived in the states for a while now hasn't he, Klinsmann? But most of the articles last night only sourced someone close to Klinsmann, saying how he would like to manage a top European side. For all we know, it might have been Hick's gimp who was the source. But there was no direct link to Liverpool in it was there. And it's pathetic how tonight they've forgot about Klinsmann and focused on Rafa's words in the Echo today.

Klinsmann can still F**k right off though!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #39: Jan 09, 2008 01:26:21 am
      His 'goal' celebration at Anfield when they knocked us out the cup.

Did Benitez ever celebrate like this when with an opposing club? No.

(The fact he wasn't on the pitch is irrelevant)  :f_whistle:
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #40: Jan 09, 2008 11:02:50 am
      If Gillet thinks Klinsmann is the sort of man to suit Liverpool...then he REALLY doesn't know the culture of the club (i.e. us the fans) he has bought into...

Rafa suits us down to the ground and clearly, us to him too...

IRWT
      MsGerrard
      Reply #41: Jan 11, 2008 10:17:33 am
      It has just been reported on Radio City that Klinsmann has been named as the new boss of Bayern Munich for the start of next season.

At least that puts any speculation to one side of him taking over at Anfield.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #42: Jan 11, 2008 10:19:24 am
      It has just been reported on Radio City that Klinsmann has been named as the new boss of Bayern Munich for the start of next season.

I saw that on SSN this morning, good news for Rafa and puts our minds at ease.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #43: Jan 11, 2008 10:44:56 am
      I saw that on SSN this morning, good news for Rafa and puts our minds at ease.

Until we find out where Ottmar Hitzfeld is off to that is! ;D
      og92
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts | -3 
      Reply #44: Jan 11, 2008 11:27:16 am
      Why get a manager who has never managed at club level? Okay fairplay he did well in the world cup due to unsucessfulness of other teams,e.g. England! He doesn't understand the pressures of the prem. He hasnt ever bought his own players! So who would he bring in?? :S There is a high demand for top class  players in the prem, and i don't feel he will be able to bring them in!
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #45: Jan 11, 2008 11:38:12 am

Heard that today while i was playing FIFA 08 (online), Benitez is here to stay! :D
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #46: Jan 11, 2008 11:47:59 am
      wonder who next manager to take over from rafa is tho! just ask news of the world they seem to know!
      When and if Rafa leaves, I would like someone like Carragher to take over after he eventually retires. Him and Stevie G would bea good management team in the years to come.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #47: Jan 11, 2008 11:49:20 am
      Sam Allardyce is doing nothing at the moment? ;D Can't wait for the Sunday papers this week!
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #48: Jan 11, 2008 12:19:04 pm
      Sam Allardyce is doing nothing at the moment? ;D Can't wait for the Sunday papers this week!
      The bad thing is, you are right...
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #49: Jan 11, 2008 12:41:40 pm
      The bad thing is, you are right...
      What? About Sam or about the papers? ¿¿¿???
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #50: Jan 11, 2008 01:02:41 pm

You damn right!! No Klinsmann for us thank you very much!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7182811.stm

Klinsmann handed reins at Bayern

Former Germany boss and World Cup winner Jürgen Klinsmann will take over as coach of Bayern Munich next season.
      Klinsmann will replace Ottmar Hitzfeld, who is due to step down from the post at the end of the current campaign.

The appointment marks Klinsmann's first foray into club coaching after he guided host nation Germany to third place at the 2006 World Cup.

He had been linked with the vacant Newcastle job and, earlier in the season, with Chelsea and Tottenham.

The 43-year-old was also viewed as a dark horse to succeed Steve McClaren as England national coach before the appointment of Fabio Capello.

He won 108 caps for his country. He scored 47 goals for Germany, 11 of which came in three World Cup campaigns.

Klinsmann featured in the 1990 World Cup-winning team and was then captain for the successful Euro 96 campaign.

He enjoyed a successful stint as a player with Bayern between 1995 and 1997, winning Uefa Cup and Bundesliga honours.

His managerial career is still in its infancy. After a period involved in Major League Soccer in the USA he returned to coach Germany in 2004.

The Bayern job is his first with a high-profile club.

It gives me great pleasure to say, topic locked.  ;D

Quick Reply