Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. What will be the result against Charlton? (you need to sign in to vote)

Liverpool narrow win
      801 (53.7%)
      Liverpool comfortable win
      327 (21.9%)
      A draw
      163 (10.9%)
      Charlton win
      201 (13.5%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: Mar 02, 2006 08:29:27 pm

Charlton FC preview

Read 3747 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Charlton FC preview
      Mar 02, 2006 06:38:03 pm
      Many Thanks to David Hall of http://www.addicksonline.co.uk for his interview with us to give us the Charlton view on our next game.

This can also be found on our website here http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/features/matchpreview/nextgame.html

1. In our last game, you beat us 2-0, can you do it again?

We have an excellent record against Liverpool and we always seem to raise our game for the bigger sides in the Premiership so it should be an entertaining match.

2. Alan Curbishley has been linked to the England job, do you think he has a realistic chance, what would most Charlton fans think about it?

Curbs has been here since 1991 and is so much more than just a manager - he's part of the furniture at The Valley so it would be sad to see him leave and I am not sure that he has the experience at the European level to take England forward. I would go with Martin O'Neill as Sven's replacement.

3. The transfer window you lost Murphy but got Everton's Bent. What do Charlton fans think about these two moves?

Losing Murphy was no big shock and to be honest he never really showed his potential at Charlton, A player that if things started to go wrong, he would just give up and it did affect the rest of the team.

Marcus Bent moved to us for £2.5m, and we have a tendency to buy strikers that although are very hard workers, and play for the team, just are unable to score (Apart from Darren Bent!) and I do feel that Marcus could fall into that category.

4. How far are you going to go in the FA Cup?

Our FA and Carling cup record has been abysmal for the past ten years, but this year has been different, our league form dipped early, and with Thomas Myhre in goal we have tightened up the back so Middlesbrough is certainly a winnable game for us and who knows we could be at Cardiff in May.

5. Who is your Charlton player of the season so far, and who is your rising star?

Darren Bent has been a wonderful signing and without his goals we would be looking at a relegation battle and this weeks England international for Bent really does show how good he is.

Jerome Thomas moved across London from Arsenal for a mere £100,000 and could be a future England international if he continues to progress on the left side of midfield.

6. What is your target for next season?

It's hard to predict next season with Curb's linked with the England job but we need to improve the midfield and maybe the centre of the defence to really challenge for a European place.

7. Score prediction for the game at Anfield?

1-1 with Darren Bent and Luis Garcia scoring.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Charlton FC preview
      Reply #1: Mar 02, 2006 08:42:50 pm
      Charlton do actually have a good record against us in particular recently.  I remember after Houllier went 'curbs' as he is obviously called was pretty much top choice of all English managers for our job.  He was very cagey in the media about it.

I personally think we might bang a few in on Saturday.  I reckon Luis Garcia is due a good game and Charlton's confidence looks pretty sapped at the minute.

koolkidda
      ole'ole'ole'
      scousefan4life
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Charlton FC preview
      Reply #2: Mar 02, 2006 09:15:27 pm
      omg im actually going to the game saturday and i cant wait and we should win the game as we're at home and as we lost at charlton we'll be after revenge : - )

Quick Reply