Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Why Liverpool Didnt Buy Duff

Read 4080 times
      LFC*****
      • Forum Erik Meijer
      • Started Topic

• 33 posts |
      Jul 30, 2006 09:13:00 am
      This is from todays Mirror

Liverpool offered Chelsea £1.5m more than Newcastle but they still couldn't land Damien Duff.
      So Why didn't Duff move to Anfield?
      The answer lies in the fact that Chelsea dont do business with Liverpool. It seems that the decision was taken at the highest level inside Stamford Bridge, as it was several months ago when Shawn Wright Phillips was coveted at Anfield. In the eyes of the Chelsea hierarchy, Newcastle aren't real rivals at the moment but Liverpool undoubtedly are"

I feel good now Chelsea are running scared of Rafas Red Men :D
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #1: Jul 30, 2006 10:15:33 am
      theyve been running scared for months

no wonder now we got god back
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #2: Jul 30, 2006 12:23:33 pm
      This is a paragraph from the liverpool echo's chris bascombe on tuesday july 25.

Liverpool first approached birmingham 3 weeks ago when the alves deal reached a dead end.  The reds hoped allowing themselves to be linked with damien duff late last week might prompt pennant to hurry birmingham into listening to offers, it backfired somwwhat when duff sigend for newcastle claiming he'd turned liverpool down, he never got the chance to and probably never would have but the link was as much liverpools making as it was chelseas.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3: Jul 30, 2006 04:57:10 pm
      Haha, yeah. Chelsea are sure scared of the red men this time round. Plus if we get off to a brillaint start, Chelsea wont catch us for a long time. Seeing they have three points deducted for the upcoming season :D :D
      Come on Rafa's Red Men!
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #4: Jul 30, 2006 09:40:36 pm
      Quote from: "Court_LFC"
      Haha, yeah. Chelsea are sure scared of the red men this time round. Plus if we get off to a brillaint start, Chelsea wont catch us for a long time. Seeing they have three points deducted for the upcoming season :D :D
      Come on Rafa's Red Men!
      Why do they have 3 points deducted??
      foxy
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts | -11 
      Reply #5: Jul 31, 2006 09:13:17 am
      Chelsea running scared of you bunch of losers? that's the biggest load of bull**** i've ever heard!! we'd still kick your sorry asses wether you bought duff or not.

The fact of the matter is wether Chelsea do business with Liverpool or not is imaterial. You only have to look at the stats to see why Chelsea aren't running scared.

Premiership League points.
      2005 - 2006
      Chelsea 91 - Liverpool 82

2004 - 2005
      Chelsea 95 - Liverpool 58

2003 - 2004
      Chelsea 79 - Liverpool  60

The fact is even if we gave you a 15 point lead we'd still win the premiership!!  we've done it twice back to back n we're easily do it again. Yes i thinkit will be very close this year and far tougher than last season, Newcastle look very strong, as do yourselves but I think we've learned from losing out on the CL 2 seasons in a row that we needed to strenghten our squad dramaticaly.
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #6: Jul 31, 2006 10:28:54 am
      I dont know how you figure that out if you gave us a 15 point start and the gap was only 9 last yr i think that makes us league champs duh!!! and considering u can buy the league we work hard for our success i.e CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS F.A CUP WINNERS also you chavksi scum know that this season we will we be breathing down ur necks the whole way bring it on.

LIVERPOOL PREMIERSHIP CHAMPS 2006/07
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #7: Jul 31, 2006 11:07:36 am
      We don't exactly need duff do we when we've got kewell gonzalez and Aulerio for the position.
      foxy
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts | -11 
      Reply #8: Jul 31, 2006 11:09:43 am
      Hey Liverbird i don't care if you don't need duff, n i don't care wether you got you got the local cub scout playing for you. as this is the nearest you're get to seeing the Premiership trophy.

so enjoy this moment while it lasts, all 30 secs of it!!

http://www.chelseafc.com/article.asp?article=275670&Title=Trophy+Cabinet&lid=Navigation+-+History&sub=Trophy+Cabinet&nav=&sublid=
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #9: Jul 31, 2006 11:49:41 am
      why is it football always based around the premiership like football never existed before then or sumit if its league titles you want foxy then read it and weep along with all our other glorious trophys

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/lfc_story/honours/
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #10: Jul 31, 2006 12:21:14 pm
      Is that all you have to show for 100 years of football??
      Biggie
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #11: Jul 31, 2006 03:37:51 pm
      Oh, Foxy's back! After all the shouting you did before the cup semi last year.

Tell me, was that another semi final we beat you in?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Duff
      Reply #12: Jul 31, 2006 05:57:43 pm
      Foxy your not that gobs***e of the telly are you, you brainless chavski beaut.

What does your Russian owner want to win badly this season, that the MIGHTY REDS OF EUROPE have won five f***in times already!!!

Even fergie knows that your piece of sh*t club needs to win this trophy
      that is why he is banking on your lot taking their eye off the prize during the season.

You cannot even be regarded as being great or creating a dynasty without winning this trophy, which might explain why LIVERPOOL and for that matter Man Utd are regarded as still the two biggest teams in England.

Which might explain why us and the mancs have fans worldwide

Your club is simply known now for havin a rich russian owner

NO CLASS NO STYLE and NO HISTORY!!!!

Question: Can you remember the last time your team was relegated?

Clue: At a guess I would say late eighties, whereas my mighty reds have to go way back to end of the fifties

Your nothing but a gloryhunter foxy, bet you supported both Arsenal and Man Utd during the 90's   :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 146 posts |
      Reply #13: Jul 31, 2006 06:14:46 pm
      nice one huyton red. all i can add is that there is an intersting statistic published in the times GAMES supplemnet 7 days back.

they have worked out that chelsea can only equal liverpools colourful success if they maintain above 90 points every season for the next 25 yrs.

i think that puts things into perspective.
      foxy
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts | -11 
      Reply #14: Aug 01, 2006 08:28:53 am
      Ok so you guys have won the CL well done!! I still think this season it will be as tough as ever but Chelsea have a very good chance of winning it!!

ah well as they say time will tell!! no doubt next May we will be having a small convo over who won or lost,
      May the best team win!!
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #15: Aug 01, 2006 09:07:32 am
      thank you we will
      LFC*****
      • Forum Erik Meijer
      • Started Topic

• 33 posts |
      Reply #16: Aug 01, 2006 10:44:26 am
      If we can keep in the running till march i think we will have a great chance as our last 7 games are p'ss:

Reading (a), Boro (h), Man City (a), Wigan (h), Pompey (a), Fulham (a), Charlton (h).
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #17: Aug 01, 2006 11:01:46 am
      Quote from: "foxy"
      Ok so you guys have won the CL well done!! I still think this season it will be as tough as ever but Chelsea have a very good chance of winning it!!

ah well as they say time will tell!! no doubt next May we will be having a small convo over who won or lost,
      May the best team win!!
      Yeah just like previous years.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #18: Aug 01, 2006 02:44:18 pm
      bein frm ireland i think duff is clas but we dont need him! we've got gonzalez,zenden,aurelio

Quick Reply