Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Joey Barton!

Read 49753 times
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Re: Joey Barton!
      Reply #46: Sep 08, 2008 08:24:54 pm
      maybe FA should make a rule any player with criminal record should not be alowed to play in the premier leauge
      or just top fligt football completly

Well Drogba should go, that man falsifies his own death at least three times a match.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #47: Sep 09, 2008 01:14:15 pm
      Well Drogba should go, that man falsifies his own death at least three times a match.

:lmao:
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Joey Barton
      Reply #48: May 03, 2009 06:21:23 pm
      What do you think about Joey Barton?

Personally, he should be banned from football. He is such a horrible dirty tw*t and dosen't deserve to be playing. That tackle on Alonso was bad and i'm sure if he carries on playing Alonso wont be the only player getting carried off due to him. He also says that he wants to be a rolemodel to kids, how the hell can he if he's acting like a horrible tw*t all the time. He is a bad rolemodel for the kids who watch Newcastle.

Plus, he is a sh*te footballer anyway.

Ban him please.  :f_steam:
      lizzieroz
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      Re: Joey Barton
      Reply #49: May 03, 2009 06:30:53 pm
      If it was up to me he'd of been banned years ago.  As you say, he is a bad role model.  There is no need for that type of consistent behaviour in the game.

All players make the odd bad tackle accidentally, but with Barton, it's practically every game, and you can't tell me that he goes into tackles thinking he'll get the ball.

I was listening to the game on LFCTV, so I've not seen the tackle itself yet, but Davey Fairclough was calling it an assault on Xabi.

He should be done for ABH and go back to jail
      StevieGfan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #50: May 03, 2009 08:57:22 pm
      Showed his true colours yet again today, after he came back I was open minded and was willing to give him a  second chance but today he showed that hes still the same, a dirty footballer, infact don't even think he deserves to be called footballer.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #51: May 03, 2009 10:04:22 pm
      One word sum him up really= W@nker
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #52: May 03, 2009 10:11:28 pm
      2 words, fu**in tramp
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #53: May 04, 2009 12:29:52 am
      A thug and a dickhead.
      The Anfield Warrior
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,029 posts | 32 
      • RED Blooded since '67
      Reply #54: May 04, 2009 02:29:27 am

just a thug... needs to be locked up....
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #55: May 04, 2009 10:20:06 am
      This c**t has no place in the world of football. How many times has he got to threaten a players career and walk away? Well said Shearer by the way. Hopefully hes done us all a favour now and this is the end of him.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #56: May 04, 2009 11:01:00 am
      Newcastle should never have stood by him.  I bet he is bad for morale around the club as well.  I wouldn't want to succeed in a team with him playing.

I hope Newcastle ban him from training for the rest of the season at the least.
      StevieGfan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #57: May 04, 2009 02:33:24 pm

just a thug... needs to be locked up....

That is shocking, nothing but a drity thug.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #58: May 04, 2009 02:47:02 pm
      Personally, I feel he has talent but not the attitude. He probably could have been a pretty decent player but he needs to learn to get that thuggish attitude out of him but it's too late, I reckon. That talent could have been with someone else. I'm sure his Newcastle teammates are afraid whenever they go for training, ;D. He grew up in a dangerous environment, that lead to what he is now. The punishments so far aren't good enough. He should be banned.

I think he kinda looks like Drake Bell.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #59: May 04, 2009 03:30:37 pm
      We can all take some heart in that this is probably the last time he'll ever see premiership football.

He's a filthy thug c**t. He's one of those people that you really wouldn't care if they died.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #60: May 04, 2009 05:21:41 pm
      He's not a thug he is a coward he took Xabi from behind maybe another spell in jail and someone will take him from behind.He's just a gobs***e and a c**t.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #61: May 04, 2009 06:23:45 pm
      We can all take some heart in that this is probably the last time he'll ever see premiership football.

He's a filthy thug c**t. He's one of those people that you really wouldn't care if they died.

Well said.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #62: May 04, 2009 10:14:54 pm
      What do you think about Joey Barton?

Personally, he should be banned from football. He is such a horrible dirty tw*t and dosen't deserve to be playing. That tackle on Alonso was bad and I'm sure if he carries on playing Alonso wont be the only player getting carried off due to him. He also says that he wants to be a rolemodel to kids, how the hell can he if he's acting like a horrible tw*t all the time. He is a bad rolemodel for the kids who watch Newcastle.

Plus, he is a sh*te footballer anyway.

Ban him please.  :f_steam:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #63: May 04, 2009 11:26:41 pm
      Disgraceful excuse for a man, he should be ashamed of himself.

Well done to Alan Shearer for not sticking up for him, I hope they lock him up and throw away the key.

He is one bad apple in this beautiful game of ours.

Should never play football again, there are thousands of young promising footballers who would give their right arm to be in his position and he has absused that fact.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #64: May 05, 2009 08:09:55 am
      From The Mirror

Joey Barton has been banned from Newcastle for a fortnight - after a row with boss Alan Shearer about his red card tackle.

Barton and the caretaker chief had angry words over the challenge on Liverpool's Xabi Alonso that earned a sending off and a three-game ban.

Shearer was unhappy with the foul by midfield firebrand Barton and branded it a "coward's tackle" - but the player snapped back that he was the only player putting in any kind of challenge.

And last night Newcastle took the tough stance by telling Barton to stay away, backing Shearer as the controversial star was sent into exile.

Barton will have to keep away from the club, although that is technically in breach of PFA rules. But Shearer does not want him around in the preparation for the crunch clashes with Middlesbrough and Fulham.

The Toon have yet to decide whether to fine Barton the maximum of two weeks' wages, although that appears likely once the board review the case.

Barton looks set to be loaned out next season if Newcastle go down, with the club willing to take a hit on his £60,000-aweek wages, rather than have him playing for them in the Championship.

Well played Shearer.  Have to say that was exactly the right decision to take.  He's a cancer on the club.  I was ashamed at Newcastle fans who clapped the beaut off the pitch.  Hope he sinks without a trace that boy and Shearer has earned more respect from me for the decision he has taken.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #65: May 05, 2009 09:37:41 pm
      Well played Shearer.  Have to say that was exactly the right decision to take.  He's a cancer on the club.  I was ashamed at Newcastle fans who clapped the beaut off the pitch.  Hope he sinks without a trace that boy and Shearer has earned more respect from me for the decision he has taken.

Spot on fella.

Barton is a disgrace, no matter where he is playing. Hopefully they'll go down. Then ditch him

How embarrassing would that be. A Championship side wouldn't even have him. Scum.

And fair play to Shearer. He has done the right thing on all parts.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #66: May 05, 2009 09:43:02 pm
      He should never of been on the pitch in the 1st place. How some players keep on getting chances when they're talentless anyway is beyond me. Bowyer was another one...
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #67: May 05, 2009 10:19:47 pm
      He's mean, he's nasty and most of all he needs help, badly.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #68: May 06, 2009 10:36:28 am
      £60,000 a week?  You have to be joking!

Everton will probably resign him.  Seening as he was a young Evertonian scally/trainee.  And besides, they'd love the next Duncan Ferguson wouldn't they?

But well in Shearer, you can't have wankers like Joey Barton trying to boss everyone around, because who is he at the end of the day?  No one should be scared of thugs, and I take my hat off to Alan.

Quick Reply