Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Joey Barton!

Read 49727 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Joey Barton!
      Reply #207: Jan 08, 2014 10:01:56 pm
      Mad as a box of frogs, but those frogs are just saying what every one else is thinking.

LFCexiled
      Reply #208: May 24, 2014 01:06:15 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #209: May 24, 2014 01:08:11 pm

This won't end well.

Unless by well you mean Barton kicking the living sh*t out of morgan.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #210: May 24, 2014 03:59:49 pm
      This won't end well.

If somebody gets 10 Special Brew down his neck it's a foregone conclusion.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #211: May 24, 2014 04:01:31 pm
      This won't end well.

God, that'd work for me sooo F***ing much.

I'd pay to see that.  :nod:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #212: May 24, 2014 04:10:44 pm
      Do it Joey, Do it Joey, Do it Joey.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #213: May 30, 2014 12:37:56 pm
      Nice to see Barton giving his honest opinion on current politics.  Why he had to apologise for an opinion in a democratic country I don't understand.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #214: May 30, 2014 01:05:20 pm
      Nice to see Barton giving his honest opinion on current politics. 

What little he knew, you mean!

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #215: Jul 09, 2014 10:48:13 pm
      Sound again him last night regarding The HJC. Won a bet or something like that with Piers Morgan and asked it to be donated to a couple of charities.

Talking to me mate now and cant find the video of him arriving at Marseille's training ground in a HJC shirt.

Can anyone help?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #216: Jul 10, 2014 12:58:00 am
      Sound again him last night regarding The HJC. Won a bet or something like that with Piers Morgan and asked it to be donated to a couple of charities.

Talking to me mate now and cant find the video of him arriving at Marseille's training ground in a HJC shirt.

Can anyone help?

http://www.om.net/fr/OMtv_Online/301003/Accueil/8242/La_rencontre_Barton_OM_a_la_Commanderie

Huyton posted it on the previous page mate :)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #217: Jul 10, 2014 01:03:04 am

Ha ha nice one. Didn't think it would be that close so checked probably the three pages before that one.

In my defence? Drunk

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #218: Jul 11, 2014 01:56:52 pm
      Morgan's lost bet see charities win
      After losing a bet Piers Morgan was forced to hand over £5000 to Joey Barton after an appearance on the BBC Question Time current affairs programme.
      Morgan wagered that Brazil would beat Germany and each vowed to donate the winnings to a charity of their choice.

The Germans remarkable 7-1 win left him red faced and mocked by the QPR player who used the hashtag #tiersforpiers to make fun of him.
      Joey Barton informed Morgan that the charities he would like to benefit are the Alder Hey Children's Hospital and the Hillsborough Justice Campaign.

Claire White from Alder Hey's charity expressed her gratitude to both Piers Morgan and Joey Barton saying ''we are delighted that Joey asked for the money to go to Alder Hey and we are incredibly grateful to Piers.''
      Sheila Coleman from the HJC said ''he is a long time supporter and we at the HJC would like to thank Joey for his ongoing support for the campaign.'' 

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/piers-morgan-donate-5k-alder-7393714
      « Last Edit: Jul 11, 2014 02:09:53 pm by stuey »
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #219: Jul 13, 2014 07:43:47 pm
      Morgan's lost bet see charities win
      After losing a bet Piers Morgan was forced to hand over £5000 to Joey Barton after an appearance on the BBC Question Time current affairs programme.
      Morgan wagered that Brazil would beat Germany and each vowed to donate the winnings to a charity of their choice.

The Germans remarkable 7-1 win left him red faced and mocked by the QPR player who used the hashtag #tiersforpiers to make fun of him.
      Joey Barton informed Morgan that the charities he would like to benefit are the Alder Hey Children's Hospital and the Hillsborough Justice Campaign.

Claire White from Alder Hey's charity expressed her gratitude to both Piers Morgan and Joey Barton saying ''we are delighted that Joey asked for the money to go to Alder Hey and we are incredibly grateful to Piers.''
      Sheila Coleman from the HJC said ''he is a long time supporter and we at the HJC would like to thank Joey for his ongoing support for the campaign.'' 

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/piers-morgan-donate-5k-alder-7393714
      Is it still Ok to totally dislike the prat? He'd be the asshole in the pub who starts kicking off. It's really great his support for Hillsborough. Not buying the pr fully tbh.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #220: Sep 26, 2016 08:39:16 pm
      Two thirds of the way through his book and it's a good read. Inciteful and honest.

He can be a c**t and he is the first to admit that but he's deep and he's human. Some people can't handle footballers being as transparent as he is.

I've got mates who have done worse than him. I respect his honesty and, to be honest, I can actually relate to him.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #221: Sep 26, 2016 09:15:55 pm
      Two thirds of the way through his book and it's a good read. Inciteful and honest.

He can be a c**t and he is the first to admit that but he's deep and he's human. Some people can't handle footballers being as transparent as he is.

I've got mates who have done worse than him. I respect his honesty and, to be honest, I can actually relate to him.

I haven't read his book but from the extracts I've seen it's been his usual of passing the blame off for his flaws on his upbringing. Pretty much an opinion I had before him releasing this and while I agree that he is an interesting character, I think he is really quite a despicable person if him honest.

Can get past the scraps because we have all done that but stubbing a cigar out in someone's eye, as a fully grown man your upbringing has nothing to do with something like that, you know that isn't right. To be fair he does acknowledge he is a bit of a head case and he has calmed down a bit now but his opinion of himself is also very overinflated, if you think back to his comments about being as good as Gerrard and Lampard or even now his comments about the Scottish league.

Fair play he's made his career and money and dragged himself out the sh*t to a degree but I always get the impression with him that he wants to 'appear' intellectual rather than be intellectual if that makes sense.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #222: Sep 26, 2016 09:35:10 pm

Just some of the long list of misdemeanours of this misunderstood soul. 

Stubs a lit cigarette into the eye of a young team mate
      Gets into a fight with a 15 year old Everton fan in a Hotel
      Jailed for 6 months for common assault.
      Suspended multiple times for altercations with team mates
      Now suspended for betting rule breaches

The guy is an absolute weapon and no quoting some speeches from Greek philosophers does not make you intelligent.

Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #223: Oct 06, 2016 07:13:56 pm
      I just read on a Rangers forum (always good for a laugh) that ol' Joey Barton states in his book that Gerard Houllier wanted to sign him in '04 but Houllier got sacked. So I figured I'd delve into Barton's world and just take this to its logical conclusion. So let's see:

- Barton signs for us which means we don't sign Xabi as Barton would be our central midfield signing.

- Xabi signs for Real Madrid but is loaned back to Real Sociedad because he makes Beckham look bad in a training session by outpassing him.

- Younger Liverpool supporters are encouraged to stay at home due to the PTSD they develop from seeing Barton drunkenly stumbling around Anfield in the #14 shirt spraying passes into the Annie Road end.

- Stevie signs for Chelsea.

- Juventus tw*t us (if we even make it that far in the Champions League) and Barton puts on a performance so bad that Capello smiles for the first time in 70 years and Cannavaro has to change his shorts because he literally pisses himself laughing. Houllier retires immediately after the match with his only statement being "Forgive me"

- Barton gets sent off 11 seconds into a match against the Mancs for kicking Paul Scholes in his cocktail sausage. Barton becomes a cult hero amongst our most small-minded of supporters.

- In 2016 Barton states in his aptly titled autobiography 'No Talent'  that he would have won the Champions League had Gerrard not left Liverpool and had Rafa Benitez (who joined Liverpool in 2005) not sold him to Bolton for a packet of crisps and a tactical discussion with the great foreign coach Samuele Allardici.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #224: Oct 06, 2016 08:35:23 pm
      I just read on a Rangers forum (always good for a laugh) that ol' Joey Barton states in his book that Gerard Houllier wanted to sign him in '04 but Houllier got sacked. So I figured I'd delve into Barton's world and just take this to its logical conclusion. So let's see:

- Barton signs for us which means we don't sign Xabi as Barton would be our central midfield signing.

- Xabi signs for Real Madrid but is loaned back to Real Sociedad because he makes Beckham look bad in a training session by outpassing him.

- Younger Liverpool supporters are encouraged to stay at home due to the PTSD they develop from seeing Barton drunkenly stumbling around Anfield in the #14 shirt spraying passes into the Annie Road end.

- Stevie signs for Chelsea.

- Juventus tw*t us (if we even make it that far in the Champions League) and Barton puts on a performance so bad that Capello smiles for the first time in 70 years and Cannavaro has to change his shorts because he literally pisses himself laughing. Houllier retires immediately after the match with his only statement being "Forgive me"

- Barton gets sent off 11 seconds into a match against the Mancs for kicking Paul Scholes in his cocktail sausage. Barton becomes a cult hero amongst our most small-minded of supporters.

- In 2016 Barton states in his aptly titled autobiography 'No Talent'  that he would have won the Champions League had Gerrard not left Liverpool and had Rafa Benitez (who joined Liverpool in 2005) not sold him to Bolton for a packet of crisps and a tactical discussion with the great foreign coach Samuele Allardici.

Oh aye. Goes on to say that he and Alonso had trouble because he resented him for being at Liverpool instead of him. Got an off-the-ball elbow off Xabi as he passed him and retaliated by doing him later on. One when Shearer was Newcastle manager and went off on him in the press as he thought he intentionly went out to hurt Alonso.

Which is I suppose is rich coming from Shearer.

Had to leave the book about 30 pages from the end. Felt the whole book was about him trying to recreate himself to the public and what have you and bandy himself about to potential suitors for a Managerial role.

Respect him for the Hillsborough stuff he done but felt the book was a lot of 'it wasn't my fault' type talk.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #225: Oct 07, 2016 03:53:58 pm
      HAhahahahaha F***ing hell I'm so gutted I had to put up with Xabi Alonso in our midfield rather than Joseph Barton esq!
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #226: Dec 20, 2016 11:38:31 pm
      Couldn't believe when heard he would be back in the PL..
      http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38385688
      If ever there was a turd that just wouldn't F***ing flush...
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #227: Dec 21, 2016 12:44:04 pm
      He's sh*t anyway, Burnley must be seriously desperate if they want this clown in their team. Their owner should open his wallet for once and spend some dough.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #228: Apr 26, 2017 02:51:47 pm
      Banned for 18 months by the FA over betting.

Might as well retire now!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #229: Apr 26, 2017 03:02:44 pm
      Joey made a fair point in his response to the ban given football and the FA's utterly hypocritical dependency on these betting companies.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2016/jun/02/ladbrokes-strike-deal-with-the-fa-030616

It's like the Catholic Church being sponsored by Durex.

Quick Reply