Trending Topics

Next match: Bmouth v LFC [Premier League] Sat 7th Dec @ 3:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Vitality Stadium

Today is the 6th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W12 D6 L7

Liverpool FC Academy Youth Team Thread

Read 290001 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,425 posts | 1010 
      Re: Liverpool FC Academy Youth Team Thread
      Reply #3900: Oct 02, 2019 04:49:12 pm
      Sounds like Curtis Jones scored a great goal (per The Echo blog)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,854 posts | 1974 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3901: Oct 02, 2019 04:54:00 pm
      Change of formation has worked. Now 4-2 up. Williams, jones and a Brewster pen
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,564 posts | 527 
      Reply #3902: Oct 02, 2019 04:54:25 pm
      We pulled that win out of our collective asses!! well done cos we were shocking for most of the second half.4-2 final.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,425 posts | 1010 
      Reply #3903: Oct 02, 2019 04:55:17 pm
      Change of formation has worked. Now 4-2 up. Williams, jones and a Brewster pen

Curtis seems to be in especially good form. Would love to see him get another first team chance but understand it is difficult.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,854 posts | 1974 
      Reply #3904: Oct 05, 2019 12:42:22 pm
      Under 18s ripping the blueshite a new one. 5-1 up
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,854 posts | 1974 
      Reply #3905: Oct 05, 2019 12:51:21 pm
      Finished 6-1
      RedPuppy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,540 posts | 2021 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3906: Oct 05, 2019 12:57:43 pm
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,564 posts | 527 
      Reply #3907: Oct 07, 2019 06:21:20 pm

That was a bit unexpected,might have to try and find the vid of the goals.u-23's beat wigan 3-2 in the cup sunday,1 camera no replays coverage on lfctv!!was kinda interesting hearing the coaches yelling nonstop at the players.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,425 posts | 1010 
      Reply #3908: Oct 07, 2019 06:55:13 pm

That was a bit unexpected,might have to try and find the vid of the goals.u-23's beat wigan 3-2 in the cup sunday,1 camera no replays coverage on lfctv!!was kinda interesting hearing the coaches yelling nonstop at the players.

I have noticed before our U23 manager does that quite a bit. Seems like for professional players they might be better off left to make their own decisions.

I think it's bad enough for youth games where coaches act like they have a joystick to control every kick of the ball, at the U23 professional level, I wonder to what degree the players are even listening.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,425 posts | 1010 
      Reply #3909: Oct 07, 2019 06:57:29 pm
      Elijah Dixon-Bonner scored twice and Tom Hill once for the U23s. Harvey Elliott played well as did Neco Williams at right wingback. Brewster and Curtis Jones were both rested in advance of international duty. Yasser Larouci played at center forward which is about the fourth position he's played for this team so far this season.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,564 posts | 527 
      Reply #3910: Oct 07, 2019 07:18:57 pm
      I have noticed before our U23 manager does that quite a bit. Seems like for professional players they might be better off left to make their own decisions.

I think it's bad enough for youth games where coaches act like they have a joystick to control every kick of the ball, at the U23 professional level, I wonder to what degree the players are even listening.

Doesn't seem to helpfull to constantly be yelling.I can understand why if one of the lads is not playing the position right.I think he had a yell at Bonner-Dixon for pushing up to soon but yelling at Laroucci for not taking on the defender doesn't seem to help but hey i'm no coach.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,564 posts | 527 
      Reply #3911: Oct 09, 2019 05:42:01 pm
      Watched the everton game last night,score didn't represent the game,especially first half.we seem to have alot of undersized players,solid pair of central defenders.Brockwell played well in mid.I wonder who goes to watch these games,is it just family,friends?Oh yeah, Adam Morgan was on the post game bit.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,854 posts | 1974 
      Reply #3912: Oct 20, 2019 04:28:10 pm
      Under 23's beat wolves 4-3. Brewster 2, kane and an og
      tezmac
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,677 posts | 189 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3913: Oct 20, 2019 07:16:50 pm
      Brewster should have been at old toilet
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,564 posts | 527 
      Reply #3914: Oct 20, 2019 09:03:51 pm
      Brewster should have been at old toilet

why? 90 minutes of football and 2 goals has gotta be better than sitting and watching the game.u-23's outta the relegation zone now.U-18's won 3-0 yesterday,still in second spot.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,564 posts | 527 
      Reply #3915: Oct 23, 2019 01:52:47 pm
      mini bus of reds at the genk game,really good crowd.1-0 to us at half,on bt3 or http://www.hesgoal.com/news/54539/Racing_Genk_U19_vs_Liverpool_U19.html.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,564 posts | 527 
      Reply #3916: Oct 23, 2019 02:19:14 pm
      Curtis Jones needs to realize it's not a one man team. And take that megaphone from the kid,should be in school little scrote!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,564 posts | 527 
      Reply #3917: Oct 23, 2019 02:33:24 pm
      Jones finally scores the second,looked more offside than the other two to me!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,425 posts | 1010 
      Reply #3918: Oct 23, 2019 04:03:27 pm
      Curtis Jones needs to realize it's not a one man team. And take that megaphone from the kid,should be in school little scrote!

Haha. Must be Fall break - but it was annoying!

I think Curtis has been this group's best player in the matches all season. I am hoping to see him next week vs. Arsenal with the first team.

Question: Is this a new thing for the competition that more than three subs were allowed in a 90-minute game? I don't recall seeing that  before. Is this a pilot program for UEFA? Mark me down as a "No" vote if anybody is asking about increasing the amount of subs allowed in regulation. Three is plenty.

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,564 posts | 527 
      Reply #3919: Oct 23, 2019 05:56:37 pm
      I didn't even notice the subs but yeah seems like 5 is allowed.i can understand it cos of the over using kids type argument,but it could also really break up the flow of the game.Curtis Jones was defo the best player out there was just a bit frustrating when he didn't move the ball on to others in better positions,seen it alot with him.Elliot had a good game as well.Napoli got an ass kicking by Salzburg in the other game 7-2 after taking the lead.
      higgy_sham
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,440 posts | 421 
      Reply #3920: Oct 23, 2019 07:56:13 pm
      Lovely assist from Elliott too.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,564 posts | 527 
      Reply #3921: Oct 26, 2019 05:00:28 pm
      U-18  got beat 4-0 by abu dhabi(uk),in the u-18 league cup.u-23 line up without any strikers not surprising it's 0-0 v Blackburn.I guess Brewster is first team benchwarming tomorrow?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,425 posts | 1010 
      Reply #3922: Oct 29, 2019 10:51:41 pm
      Thought these comments from Pep Ljinders were quite revealing as to what the coaching staff are looking for regarding younger players getting a chance with the first team. I'm linking the full article, which is worth reading, but also what I think are especiallly telling comments here:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/370932-liverpool-youngsters-first-team-players-pep-lijnders

When asked about what it takes for a U23 to become a first team regular:

“So, playing for us, for example take the Tottenham game.

“Everybody speaks [about that] we had the most shots on target, the best in two years, we were constantly in the opposition half, playing, creating, crossing. But the difference was made in the 30 per cent we didn’t have the ball, that’s why we were able to play there.

“So, how we were protected constantly, how our concentration and intensity was when we lost the ball. Our front three defended six players of Tottenham constantly, non-stop, for 95 minutes and these young boys, they have to make that step.

“Other games it was say 55 per cent or 48 per cent [possession] or whatever, but the difference in this game, all the attention goes to the offensive part but the difference is made, the only way we can be this offensive, is the defensive attitude.

“The tactical discipline of our three midfielders, how they always close the centre and put pressure on to help our front three, was unbelievable.

“Our last line – a high line controlling Son and Kane constantly, that’s not easy, to have a high line and control their movements! And at the same time the focus of the last line to also be protected constantly help the ball circle from left to right…

“What I’m trying to say is that these boys all have talent, they are all creative. They are so good on the ball they probably sleep with the ball!

“But to make the next step it’s about how good are you in that 30 per cent? Can you defend those six players of the opposition? That attitude, that’s Liverpool FC because our identity is intensity.”

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,564 posts | 527 
      Reply #3923: Oct 31, 2019 03:49:30 pm
      U-23's play Everton on saturday an hour before the first team,could they not play it earlier and get it on the telly/internet??

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,854 posts | 1974 
      Reply #3924: Oct 31, 2019 06:24:52 pm
      U-23's play Everton on saturday an hour before the first team,could they not play it earlier and get it on the telly/internet??

Some of the scheduling is very odd

Quick Reply