Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Liverpool FC Academy Youth Team Thread

Read 468634 times
      Cy
      Re: Youth Cup Final Second Leg
      Reply #92: Apr 27, 2007 10:24:09 am
      Congratulations to the lad, beating united away is always a massive result. It's very pleasing to see that the academy is doing a great job. Once again well done!
      bobbins
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #93: Apr 27, 2007 12:18:24 pm
      Well played lad's, fantastic result for the kid's, i think they play great football for under 18's, both games very good to watch, and fitting end for heighway as well.
      Good job all round.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #94: Apr 27, 2007 12:58:45 pm
      Spearing had a good game and even had Steve Heighway suggesting he was good enough to go into the first team now! Also Lindfield and Putterill looked like they had a bit more class than the others but for me Robbie Threlfall was definitely man of the match, he was determined to put in a good game especially after he scored an own goal in the first leg also the goal he scored last night really was well taken.
      My worry is though how many of them are going to make the massive step up and get to join the first team? But I suppose even if you find one or two future stars it will all be of benefit to the club.

Agree with all the above Glenbuck, just wondering tho' if Heighway was having a little pop at Benitez with saying Spearing is good enough for the first team.
      I think Heighway has been critised a lot by Rafa, by not bringing enough players through the academy and into the first team.
      Me thinks there have been some disagreements between the two at the standard required.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #95: Apr 27, 2007 01:04:55 pm
      Agree with all the above Glenbuck, just wondering tho' if Heighway was having a little pop at Benitez with saying Spearing is good enough for the first team.
      I think Heighway has been critised a lot by Rafa, by not bringing enough players through the academy and into the first team.
      Me thinks there have been some disagreements between the two at the standard required.

So who replaces him? Another spaniard?
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #96: Apr 27, 2007 01:31:55 pm

I think he was mate, also if you listen to him after the match he certainly gives the impression of a man who jumped before he was pushed.

So who replaces him? Another spaniard?

do you mean it as another Spaniard or do you mean ANOTHER SPANIARD!!, because personally i want the best coaches for the club and although a British one would be nice i dont really care if he's from Speke or Seville as long as he is the best.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #97: Apr 27, 2007 06:22:44 pm
      do you mean it as another Spaniard or do you mean ANOTHER SPANIARD!!, because personally I want the best coaches for the club and although a British one would be nice I dont really care if he's from Speke or Seville as long as he is the best.

No malice meant i just know Benitez likes to bring in his country men for coaching positions...personally I don't mind the nationality it was just an observation ;)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #98: Apr 27, 2007 07:28:20 pm
      It certainly looks as though Heighway may have jumped before he was pushed but you have to admire his achievement whatever Rafa thinks. The under 18s are obviously better than everybody Else's under 18s. Am I right in saying the last team to win consecutive U 18s cups was some 50 years ago ? Says it all I think. Well done you young reds and everyone associated with their coaching and hopefully a bright  future as well.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #99: Apr 27, 2007 07:31:18 pm
      No malice meant I just know Benitez likes to bring in his country men for coaching positions...personally I don't mind the nationality it was just an observation ;)

Sorry mate thats why i asked, many apologies if i sounded like i was interrogating you. ;D
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #100: Apr 27, 2007 08:38:53 pm
      Was delighted to hear the good news about the FA Youth Cup Final early this morning. I couldn't watch or listen to the game last night as I had prior arrangements (*$@*^%"!!!) But as I sat in the jacuzzi at my gym at 6.30 this morning the manager (a Gooner) said "You had a good result last night!" I knew it could only mean one thing and it was a great start to the day!
      Congratulations to the squad for their never say day attitude and for over-turning the deficit away from home at "The theatre of dreams" (or nightmares if you're the home team!) What a great feeling for the lads to retain the trophy too!
      A special mention to Steve Heighway for all his guidance to the Youth Academy team and for his services to Liverpool FC also. Best wishes in all you do.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #101: Apr 27, 2007 08:44:14 pm
      Few hours ago my Dad asked "do you know how the Youth got on last night?" And when I asked what youth (Cardiff could have been playing :P) And he said ''Liverpool'', he was well happy when I told him we won!
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Liverpool Youth aim for the hat-trick
      Reply #102: Nov 17, 2007 10:11:07 am
      In honour of our youth team winning back to back FA youth cups, a thread has been started to monitor their progress in this years competition.

2006 Champions V's Manchester City

2007 Champions V's Manchester United

Liverpool will begin the defence of their FA Youth Cup with an away tie in the third round of this season's competition. 
      The Reds will travel to face the winners of the second round clash between Wycombe Wanderers and Dagenham & Redbridge, who meet at Adams Park on Wednesday.

No date has yet been set for the match, although it must take place before Saturday December 15. 

Good luck lads !!
      MsGerrard
      Re: Liverpool Youth aim for the hat-trick
      Reply #103: Nov 17, 2007 10:14:51 am
      These lads deserve this thread ;D

Come on Boys...............Make it a hat-trick this season

:kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Cy
      Reply #104: Nov 17, 2007 01:51:32 pm
      Best of lucks lads, what a win last year...Go on lads...let's do it..
      ferrariboy21
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      • redhalfofmerseyside
      Reply #105: Nov 17, 2007 02:31:11 pm
      The future is bright, and with the inclusion of the new youngsters, I do think we could go all the way this year :D
      Were there any other teams who hat a hat-trick of wins before?
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #106: Nov 22, 2007 10:42:49 am
      Liverpool's Academy team will begin the defence of their FA Youth Cup with a trip to Wycombe Wanderers in the third round of this season's competition. 
      Wycombe earned the right to face Liverpool when they beat Dagenham and Redbridge 5-0 last night. George Daly was the hero as he hit a hat-trick and further goals from Calum Botham and Daniel Flitchett completed the rout.

Liverpool's Academy team will begin the defence of their FA Youth Cup with a trip to Wycombe Wanderers in the third round of this season's competition on Wednesday, December 12th at 7pm.

The tie at Adams Park must be concluded on the night, with extra-time and penalties if necessary.

Admission prices on the night will be £3 for adults and £1 concessions for children aged 16 or under and senior citizens.
      « Last Edit: Nov 22, 2007 03:21:07 pm by mrtommo »
      S-A-M-U-E-L-T
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts | -13 
      • LIVERPOOL!
      Reply #107: Dec 08, 2007 11:06:28 am
      come on boys you can do it! youve got the backing from everyone at lfc.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #108: Dec 12, 2007 04:20:16 pm
      Liverpool begin the defence of their FA Youth Cup crown with a third round tie at Wycombe Wanderers tonight and Reds coach Hughie McAuley is predicting a tough test for his team. 

The Reds Academy side have won the trophy two seasons on the bounce, and the fantastic win against Manchester United at Old Trafford last season will live long in the memory.

Following Steve Heighway's retirement, McAuley returned to the Academy during the summer and is in charge of the Under-18 side that hopes to do well in the competition again this term.

Wycombe earned the right to face Liverpool when they beat Dagenham and Redbridge 5-0 in the second round, in a game which saw their star striker George Daly net a hat-trick.

"The Youth Cup is a special competition and it gives the boys a chance to go a little bit more under the microscope against decent opposition," McAuley told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"Liverpool will always be the team to beat and for Wycombe this will be their game of the season.

"I saw their match against Dagenham and their two forwards were particularly lively and we will need to be on our toes against them.

"It will be a hard encounter and we will need to compete well and win our battles, and hopefully we can play our football and get a result. It's important we go there with the right attitude and start the game well."

With the exception of Swede Astrit Ajdarevic and Steven Irwin, who came on as a substitute in last season's final at Old Trafford, McAuley has a new team for this season's competition.

If Liverpool are to go far again this season in the Youth Cup then a lot will rest on the shoulders of Ajdarevic, who provides the team with the creativity, and the strike-force of 10-goal Nathan Eccleston, eight-goal Marvin Pourie and seven-goal David Amoo.

"Our side is basically made up of first year Academy players and this will be a new experience for them," added McAuley.

"Nathan is our top scorer and he could have had at least 15 goals so far. He is really focused in his training and he is working really hard.

"Off the field he has really matured into an excellent young man and hopefully in the next 12 months he can push on even further. He can score goals and create chances for others, and he knows the level he wants to be at and we are right behind him.

"Of course Astrit played in the team last season and he knows what this is all about. He is a player that can pass the ball 10 or 50 yards with great accuracy. He can also score goals and he is a very talented and skilful player with a lot to offer. On the day he can be a real match-winner for us.

"Our captain is Steven Irwin who is a local lad and a big part of the team. Stevie is Liverpool through and through. He goes to all of the first team games and is desperate to do well. He has a great attitude every day in training and in every match we play.

"He is so versatile and possibly his best position might be at right back. Stevie is the first name on our teamsheet every week.

"This is a good chance for us to have a look at the boys in one-off knock-out cup matches and see where they are in terms of progress. It will be a special night for them against Wycombe and we will enjoy it."

The match kicks-off at 7pm at Adams Park.
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #109: Dec 12, 2007 09:05:28 pm
      Wycombe Wanderers 0 Liverpool 5

Dont know much about the game, only we won, and won well.

Well done. ;D
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #110: Dec 12, 2007 09:15:35 pm
      I was hoping this was gonna be on lfc tv, anyone know if the later rounds are?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #111: Dec 12, 2007 09:55:57 pm
      Wycombe Wanderers 0 Liverpool 5

Dont know much about the game, only we won, and won well.

Well done. ;D

Wow that's a pretty convincing victory, well done lads :)
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      • Spirit of Shankly/Liverpool Supporters Union
      Reply #112: Dec 12, 2007 10:05:07 pm
       If only guessing but they might not have shown it because it was an away tie ?? with all home liverpool youth cup matches shown on LFC TV maybe ? sorry fella could'nt say for sure

forgot to mention the excellent result, 5-0 eh, seems high scoring is a new liverpool trait in ALL our teams this season. adjarevic, amoo, eccelstone and pourie all seem great prospects. Shame Hughie did'nt  mention Nemeth or Pacheco are'nt they eligble for the youth cup ? i thought they were young enough and are also excellent prospects !!
      « Last Edit: Dec 12, 2007 10:11:13 pm by kingjari »
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #113: Dec 13, 2007 08:13:45 am
      Liverpool got their defence of the FA Youth Cup crown off to a flier on Wednesday night with an emphatic victory over Wycombe Wanderers at Adams Park. 
      Hughie McAuley's side dominated throughout what was a very one-sided third round tie and secured a 5-0 victory courtesy of goals from David Amoo, Nathan Eccleston (2), Gary MacKay Steven and Marvin Pourie.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #114: Dec 13, 2007 09:41:12 am
      Congratulations to the youth team on a 5-0 victory. Lets hope they go all the way and make it an unheard 3 F.A.Youth Cups in a row.With the talent in the reserves and the youth set upthe REDS are assured of continuing success.

Quick Reply