Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool FC Academy Youth Team Thread

Read 463343 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Re: Liverpool FC Academy Youth Team Thread
      Reply #3795: Jul 29, 2019 04:53:51 pm
      Dude scored 2 goals! I've always wondered why trialists don't get named,some weird f.a rule or they just don't know? And the u-23's start their season at home to Spurs saturday 10th.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3796: Jul 29, 2019 05:12:23 pm
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3797: Jul 29, 2019 05:16:51 pm
      Italian lad Antonio Tree-a-lis!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3798: Jul 29, 2019 05:26:48 pm
      Wouldn't it be great if he was actually called A Trialist

Trying to place the nationality of that one...not Anglo-Saxon I don't think.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3799: Aug 07, 2019 04:21:34 pm
      The u-23's have PSG,Athletic Bilbao and Wolves in the prem international group,that'll be worth a look.George Johnson has moved to Feyenoord.U-23's  at home to Spurs on saturday,u-18's away to Blackburn,no tv listed yet.Here we go.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3800: Aug 07, 2019 05:33:22 pm
      f***in hell, Abdi Sharif done his acl in the friendly against Coventry.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3801: Aug 07, 2019 06:08:40 pm
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3802: Aug 07, 2019 07:12:42 pm
      Rubbish this isnt on LFC.TV :-(
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3803: Aug 07, 2019 07:30:15 pm

Yeah only on lfctv go
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3804: Aug 07, 2019 07:58:17 pm
      2-2 at the break. Neco Williams scored with a screamer after good work on the left from Larouci and Jones. Oldham equalized after a poor pass from Notes led to a breakaway, then they scored again off a corner. Harvey Elliott leveled late in the half on a rebound after good work from Jones, who had hit the post earlier.

Too low of a camera angle on this, but good halves from Larouci, Jones, Adam Lewis and Isaac Christie-Davies. tough half from Boyes and Bobby Duncan .

Best feature in a nearly empty stadium is you can one angry guy registering his opinion on everything!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3805: Aug 07, 2019 09:02:33 pm
      Disappointed with the result.  Ran out of a bit of steam at the end but overall i reckon it is definitely a good idea to enter this competition
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3806: Aug 07, 2019 09:53:39 pm
      Disappointed with the result.  Ran out of a bit of steam at the end but overall i reckon it is definitely a good idea to enter this competition
      Agree on all points. I thought the guys who looked closest to senior level were Larouci, Jones and Lewis. Elliott is technically gifted. Christie-Davies took an injury and the guy who replaced him, Dixon-Bonner, was very poor. Duncan had a tough game too.

Van Den Berg is very composed in the ball. Not sure how he defended.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3807: Aug 07, 2019 10:30:33 pm
      Agree on all points. I thought the guys who looked closest to senior level were Larouci, Jones and Lewis. Elliott is technically gifted. Christie-Davies took an injury and the guy who replaced him, Dixon-Bonner, was very poor. Duncan had a tough game too.

Van Den Berg is very composed in the ball. Not sure how he defended.

Van den berg got caught out once or twice and needs to be more dominant at set pieces but a lot of promise
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3808: Aug 10, 2019 03:50:00 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3809: Aug 10, 2019 05:01:28 pm

Definitely the match to focus on today as the U23s were beaten 4-0 by Spurs.

Brewster, Elliott and Ryan Kent all started for the team.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3810: Aug 12, 2019 04:28:29 pm
      Lot of unknown players on that u-18 team,not even got profiles on the offi site,need a game so Steve Hunter can fill us in on whose the young scousers been at the club since he was 6,etc.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3811: Aug 14, 2019 12:49:18 am
      Lot of unknown players on that u-18 team,not even got profiles on the offi site,need a game so Steve Hunter can fill us in on whose the young scousers been at the club since he was 6,etc.

Kept going on about "the schoolboy" who appeared to be the biggest person out there. At that age there's always the question whether a player is excelling because he's that good or is he just physically dominant over the others.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3812: Aug 19, 2019 06:27:05 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3813: Aug 19, 2019 07:50:50 pm

Just spent 45 minutes watching our team try to play out of the back, mostly unsuccessfully. Chelsea scored on a bit of a mistake by Kelleher who went out late to challenge after a long ball had eluded Van den Berg and the Chelsea forward. When the goalkeeper tried to tackle, he tumbled over and the Chelsea player scooped into an empty  net. Didn't get to see much from Brewster, Elliott, Jones, etc.

Hopefully the 2nd half is better.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3814: Aug 19, 2019 07:54:47 pm
      Just spent 45 minutes watching our team try to play out of the back, mostly unsuccessfully. Chelsea scored on a bit of a mistake by Kelleher who went out late to challenge after a long ball had eluded Van den Berg and the Chelsea forward. When the goalkeeper tried to tackle, he tumbled over and the Chelsea player scooped into an empty  net. Didn't get to see much from Brewster, Elliott, Jones, etc.

Hopefully the 2nd half is better.

Need to try and play more in their half. Feel for Brewster who is far too isolated. Chelsea look bigger, stronger and quicker so hopefully we can get a foothold in the game
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3815: Aug 19, 2019 08:32:56 pm
      Need to try and play more in their half. Feel for Brewster who is far too isolated. Chelsea look bigger, stronger and quicker so hopefully we can get a foothold in the game
      really men vs boys, with Batushayi scoring twice. Harvey Elliott off injured now and they have hit the bar twice in last few minutes. Never want to be harsh on young players, but not a pretty picture .

Edit: I guess Harvey only went off for a minute
      « Last Edit: Aug 19, 2019 08:47:46 pm by Robby The Z »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3816: Aug 20, 2019 12:23:35 am
      I did some research because as I was working out, it occurred to me that the Chelsea team might have been much older than the 11 we sent out today. I was thinking that if our boys were mostly 18 and theirs 3-4 years older, it might work against us in that the physical difference marked by those growing/developing ages might have just made it too much of a mismatch (because they did look bigger and was definitely a one-sided match).

What I found out re the ages though is a different story, minus the two first team players who they gave a runout  to today.

Chelsea                     Liverpool
      Cumming - 19            Kelleher - 20
      Lamptey - 18             Hoever - 17
      Rudiger - 26              Boyes - 18
      Guehi - 19                 Van den Berg - 17
      Maatsen - 17              Larouci - 18
      Mola - 18                   Kane - 20
      Gilmour - 18              Dixon-Bonner - 18
      Uwakwe - 19             Elliott - 16
      Anjorin - 17               Jones - 18
      Castillo - 19               Lewis - -19
      Batshuayi - 25           Brewster - 19

Our subs (on at 60 minutes, Neco Williams, Tony Gallacher and Bobby Duncan - are 18, 20 and 18, respectively).

So as you see, excepting the two first team players, the ages are fairly similar. I suppose we could have used Shaqiri and Lallana, or Lovren, but probably would only give them such a runout for a home fixture. Anyway, the difference in the overall game and not j ust one or two guys being physically dominant. Hopefully it is a learning experience somehow for the team, but it did make me wonder how many of them are ready to play in a League Cup match, for instance.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #3817: Aug 20, 2019 12:16:55 pm
      I did some research because as I was working out, it occurred to me that the Chelsea team might have been much older than the 11 we sent out today. I was thinking that if our boys were mostly 18 and theirs 3-4 years older, it might work against us in that the physical difference marked by those growing/developing ages might have just made it too much of a mismatch (because they did look bigger and was definitely a one-sided match).

What I found out re the ages though is a different story, minus the two first team players who they gave a runout  to today.

Chelsea                     Liverpool
      Cumming - 19            Kelleher - 20
      Lamptey - 18             Hoever - 17
      Rudiger - 26              Boyes - 18
      Guehi - 19                 Van den Berg - 17
      Maatsen - 17              Larouci - 18
      Mola - 18                   Kane - 20
      Gilmour - 18              Dixon-Bonner - 18
      Uwakwe - 19             Elliott - 16
      Anjorin - 17               Jones - 18
      Castillo - 19               Lewis - -19
      Batshuayi - 25           Brewster - 19

Our subs (on at 60 minutes, Neco Williams, Tony Gallacher and Bobby Duncan - are 18, 20 and 18, respectively).

So as you see, excepting the two first team players, the ages are fairly similar. I suppose we could have used Shaqiri and Lallana, or Lovren, but probably would only give them such a runout for a home fixture. Anyway, the difference in the overall game and not j ust one or two guys being physically dominant. Hopefully it is a learning experience somehow for the team, but it did make me wonder how many of them are ready to play in a League Cup match, for instance.

To be fair mate having two quality experienced players in the opposition side can make a huge difference and lift the young players as well.

Wouldn't read too much into it still very early in the season and the likes of Sepp and Elliot still finding their feet here.

Quick Reply