Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool FC Academy Youth Team Thread

Read 463345 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Re: Liverpool FC Academy Youth Team Thread
      Reply #3910: Oct 20, 2019 09:03:51 pm
      Brewster should have been at old toilet

why? 90 minutes of football and 2 goals has gotta be better than sitting and watching the game.u-23's outta the relegation zone now.U-18's won 3-0 yesterday,still in second spot.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3911: Oct 23, 2019 01:52:47 pm
      mini bus of reds at the genk game,really good crowd.1-0 to us at half,on bt3 or http://www.hesgoal.com/news/54539/Racing_Genk_U19_vs_Liverpool_U19.html.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3912: Oct 23, 2019 02:19:14 pm
      Curtis Jones needs to realize it's not a one man team. And take that megaphone from the kid,should be in school little scrote!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3913: Oct 23, 2019 02:33:24 pm
      Jones finally scores the second,looked more offside than the other two to me!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3914: Oct 23, 2019 04:03:27 pm
      Curtis Jones needs to realize it's not a one man team. And take that megaphone from the kid,should be in school little scrote!

Haha. Must be Fall break - but it was annoying!

I think Curtis has been this group's best player in the matches all season. I am hoping to see him next week vs. Arsenal with the first team.

Question: Is this a new thing for the competition that more than three subs were allowed in a 90-minute game? I don't recall seeing that  before. Is this a pilot program for UEFA? Mark me down as a "No" vote if anybody is asking about increasing the amount of subs allowed in regulation. Three is plenty.

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3915: Oct 23, 2019 05:56:37 pm
      I didn't even notice the subs but yeah seems like 5 is allowed.i can understand it cos of the over using kids type argument,but it could also really break up the flow of the game.Curtis Jones was defo the best player out there was just a bit frustrating when he didn't move the ball on to others in better positions,seen it alot with him.Elliot had a good game as well.Napoli got an ass kicking by Salzburg in the other game 7-2 after taking the lead.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #3916: Oct 23, 2019 07:56:13 pm
      Lovely assist from Elliott too.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3917: Oct 26, 2019 05:00:28 pm
      U-18  got beat 4-0 by abu dhabi(uk),in the u-18 league cup.u-23 line up without any strikers not surprising it's 0-0 v Blackburn.I guess Brewster is first team benchwarming tomorrow?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3918: Oct 29, 2019 10:51:41 pm
      Thought these comments from Pep Ljinders were quite revealing as to what the coaching staff are looking for regarding younger players getting a chance with the first team. I'm linking the full article, which is worth reading, but also what I think are especiallly telling comments here:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/370932-liverpool-youngsters-first-team-players-pep-lijnders

When asked about what it takes for a U23 to become a first team regular:

“So, playing for us, for example take the Tottenham game.

“Everybody speaks [about that] we had the most shots on target, the best in two years, we were constantly in the opposition half, playing, creating, crossing. But the difference was made in the 30 per cent we didn’t have the ball, that’s why we were able to play there.

“So, how we were protected constantly, how our concentration and intensity was when we lost the ball. Our front three defended six players of Tottenham constantly, non-stop, for 95 minutes and these young boys, they have to make that step.

“Other games it was say 55 per cent or 48 per cent [possession] or whatever, but the difference in this game, all the attention goes to the offensive part but the difference is made, the only way we can be this offensive, is the defensive attitude.

“The tactical discipline of our three midfielders, how they always close the centre and put pressure on to help our front three, was unbelievable.

“Our last line – a high line controlling Son and Kane constantly, that’s not easy, to have a high line and control their movements! And at the same time the focus of the last line to also be protected constantly help the ball circle from left to right…

“What I’m trying to say is that these boys all have talent, they are all creative. They are so good on the ball they probably sleep with the ball!

“But to make the next step it’s about how good are you in that 30 per cent? Can you defend those six players of the opposition? That attitude, that’s Liverpool FC because our identity is intensity.”

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3919: Oct 31, 2019 03:49:30 pm
      U-23's play Everton on saturday an hour before the first team,could they not play it earlier and get it on the telly/internet??

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3920: Oct 31, 2019 06:24:52 pm
      U-23's play Everton on saturday an hour before the first team,could they not play it earlier and get it on the telly/internet??

Some of the scheduling is very odd
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3921: Nov 03, 2019 05:31:24 pm
      85th minute winner for Herbie Kane yesterday finished 2-1,no sign of Brewster in the line up again,did he get injured against arsenal?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3922: Nov 03, 2019 05:35:35 pm
      85th minute winner for Herbie Kane yesterday finished 2-1,no sign of Brewster in the line up again,did he get injured against arsenal?

Travelled with first team squad i believe
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3923: Nov 03, 2019 05:47:18 pm
      Travelled with first team squad i believe

He wasn't on the bench was he? What's the point especially when we've got no strikers at u-23.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3924: Nov 03, 2019 07:52:18 pm

He wasn't on the bench was he? What's the point especially when we've got no strikers at u-23.

I think Jürgen likes to have a couple of extras on hand in case there are any late fitness issues, problems with the warm-up, etc. I saw Neco Williams getting off the first team bus as well.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3925: Nov 04, 2019 07:05:09 pm
      hmm,who am i to disagree with Herr Klopp and the coaches(they did a peel session in 1983 i think)! Looks like there's no coverage of the youth game against Genk tomorrow.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3926: Nov 04, 2019 08:02:52 pm
      hmm,who am i to disagree with Herr Klopp and the coaches(they did a peel session in 1983 i think)! Looks like there's no coverage of the youth game against Genk tomorrow.

Crap isn't it. Not on bt over here or lfctv.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3927: Nov 04, 2019 08:24:36 pm
      just reading that the game has been moved from St.Helens dunno where to,nothing on the offi site would guess the academy?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3928: Nov 05, 2019 03:58:48 pm
      got beat 93rd minute goal.Brewster played,no curtis jones.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3929: Nov 05, 2019 05:18:10 pm
      got beat 93rd minute goal.Brewster played,no curtis jones.

Did you get to watch it? If so, how did we play? Any standout performances?

Yeah, looks like Curtis may be in the 18 tonight, I'm guess if Mo is left out due to his ankle.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3930: Nov 05, 2019 05:24:42 pm
      nah it was a behind closed door game at the academy.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3931: Nov 09, 2019 12:18:01 pm
      could not sleep this morning so stuck the u-18 game on 6-0 down not even half time!!f***in nightmare!one lad for wba has scored 4.Another lad scored direct from a corner,,,,some half time talk needed here. come back is on got one in the last minute.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3932: Nov 09, 2019 04:32:04 pm
      finished 6-3.only positive Conor Bradley made a difference coming on.but it was more like a 2nd year v 6th form game.We got spurs away in the youth cup they got beat 5-3 today by chelsea,no date announced.

Quick Reply