Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool FC Academy Youth Team Thread

Read 463250 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Liverpool FC Academy Youth Team Thread
      Reply #3956: Dec 10, 2019 01:41:54 pm
      U19s down 2-0 to Salzburg in the UEFA Youth Cup. Elliott, Hoever, Van den Berg and Neco Williams among starters. Curtis Jones is age eligible but not in the squad, so perhaps will be in the 18 for the first team?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3957: Dec 10, 2019 03:04:54 pm
      I caught the last 30 minutes,good comeback for the 3-2 win,don't have to play off now.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3958: Dec 10, 2019 03:10:05 pm
      U23s took a 4-0 loss to Spurs today, three of the goals coming after Morgan Boyes was sent off in the 54th minute. Spurs converted two penalties.

Harvey Elliott came off injured after 16 minutes. Don't know the extent of his injury. About 11 days before he should be playing at Villa in the League Cup so hopefully it's not too serious.

watched the highlights,Boyes was a real harsh straight red,not even sure it was a foul, no idea what the ref saw.u-18's beat derby 5-1 away after going one down.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3959: Dec 10, 2019 03:27:31 pm
      I caught the last 30 minutes,good comeback for the 3-2 win,don't have to play off now.

Anyone stand out for you?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3960: Dec 10, 2019 03:44:23 pm
      Not really.first goal was a pen taken by Elliot,equalizer was a nice looping header from Hill,winner was last kick of the game.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3961: Dec 12, 2019 07:22:20 pm
      I see the u-18's are done till the new year while the u-23's have a game against chelsea on saturday,a try out for the league cup team or are the games to close together?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3962: Dec 12, 2019 11:48:04 pm
      I see the u-18's are done till the new year while the u-23's have a game against chelsea on saturday,a try out for the league cup team or are the games to close together?

I think they would have a pretty decent idea who will play in that match, including Kelleher, Williams, Hoever, Van den Berg and Larouci (if healthy) in the back, plus Brewster, Jones and Elliott in the front, and Kane, Dixon-Bonner and maybe Chirivella in the middle. Interested to see if those players are kept out Saturday or they just double up.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3963: Dec 13, 2019 03:52:41 pm
      Good statement from Klopp in his signing article on the official site- about his read on current Academy situation:

We want to go, we had to go, to the Academy to bring it closer together because that will be our future. In the moment we have four fantastic players really close to the first team: Rhian Brewster, Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott and Neco Williams, plus we have Caoimhin [Kelleher] as a goalkeeper.

That’s five boys who I would have no problem to line up tomorrow if needed. Curtis now had his first [Premier League] minutes and of course they have time as well to develop, but that’s four or five and we want to increase that number in the future. With Brexit and stuff like this then things will change, and for the youth departments as well – where can we get the players from? So these players need a perspective and they need to feel ‘if I go to Liverpool then I have the best chance compared to all the other top six clubs’, for example, to make my first steps in the Premier League. That’s all very important and we are constantly thinking about ‘how can we solve the problem today and tomorrow?’ but we are also thinking always about ‘how can this club look when we are not here anymore?’ because this club is not only bigger than pretty much all other clubs, it’s bigger than us for sure as well so it needs to have a bright future and we are all working on that.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3964: Dec 17, 2019 07:04:13 pm
      Bump for the ressies game today ;D ! :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3965: Dec 20, 2019 06:29:25 pm
      Just read we beat PSG in an u-23 pl international cup game today,89th minute equalizer from Dixon-Bonner,94th minute winner from Larouci,hope for some highlights later?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3966: Dec 26, 2019 06:46:15 pm
      Just read we beat PSG in an u-23 pl international cup game today,89th minute equalizer from Dixon-Bonner,94th minute winner from Larouci,hope for some highlights later?

Hope you've seen them by now. Glad for Larouci to score the winner in his first game back after an injury layoff. He was promising in the preseason but hasn't really been around the first team much.

Supposedly a few guys from the U23s will be loaned out, although I imagine Jürgen might wait until after the FA Cup match first week of January, and maybe even until after the draw to see if it is a possibility to get a couple of those a first team match. Don't know if final decisions have been made there.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3967: Jan 04, 2020 03:59:23 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3968: Jan 04, 2020 05:58:38 pm

A little  hint about tomorrow in today's u18 team. A lot of new names I'm guessing are a couple of years younger then the age cutoff. I'm guessing they are included because some of the regulars are drafted into the u23s for tomorrow...,because many of the u23s will be playing with the first team. It might mean some or most of our starters won't be on the bench even
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3969: Jan 05, 2020 06:45:37 pm
       xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3970: Jan 05, 2020 06:48:24 pm
      Been watching young Larouchi for some time he is special as are so many of them to be frank
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #3971: Jan 05, 2020 06:51:58 pm
      Been watching young Larouchi for some time he is special as are so many of them to be frank

Must be brilliant for all these players playing with the likes of Trent, Robbo and van Dijk.

Let's not forget that the only player on the field who was involved v Sheffield United was Joe Gomez as well - and he's only 22. Same age as Chirivella.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3972: Jan 05, 2020 06:57:13 pm
      Must be brilliant for all these players playing with the likes of Trent, Robbo and van Dijk.

Let's not forget that the only player on the field who was involved v Sheffield United was Joe Gomez as well - and he's only 22. Same age as Chirivella.

22 makes him a senior player. I am absolutely thrilled for Chirivella he has had to wait for sometime to get this chance.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3973: Jan 05, 2020 07:03:15 pm
      I'm like beaming for these lads getting first team action just from watching crappy streaming games can only imagine what the the coaches/parents feel like!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3974: Jan 05, 2020 07:12:54 pm
      They were good very good today, very impressive
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3975: Jan 06, 2020 05:44:55 pm
      Highlights of the u-18 blackburn game coming up on lfctv,just watched the u-23 lose to city.New guy from Brentford unlucky not to get a goal.Joe Hardy i think is his name.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3976: Jan 06, 2020 05:46:11 pm

Y'all gonna start posting again? even just this thread?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3977: Jan 06, 2020 06:15:06 pm

Y'all gonna start posting again? even just this thread?

Like a visit from forum royalty
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3978: Jan 07, 2020 01:47:18 pm
      just been watching the U18 and U23's on LFCTV so much talent and so well drilled to play the same way as the big boys.
      Harvey and Curtis really do play well together the two full backs just set each other up its all very promising .Elliot plays these really sweet short passes with a touch of side on them like a snooker player. Definitely worth watching them ore closely

Quick Reply